6Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi

38 reviews · Statistics

63% · 2411 · 29%

Product is used
  • Daily (2)
  • Several times a week (1)
  • Monthly (1)
  • Rarely (1)
Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (2)
Battery Life
See the Best Vacuum Cleaners in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi38 reviews
Hanabil L.
Hanabil L.2 posts
testdriver
testdriverSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA62 posts

On/off switch failures

I really like this product and even bought another after the last one failed just outside warranty. Unfortunately this one is now failing with exactly the same problem. The on off slider switch starts sticking and then eventually fails. Disappointing weakness of a good product. Regarding all the low suction comments, these will be because they are not cleaned properly. Show details
Daryl L.
Daryl L.
  PD1820LF-XE

Almost impossible to rotate the dust bowl to open and clean the filter and bowl

After following instructions from the manual and finding that it did not work, the thing that was obstructing the rotation was the power switch rod that was still protruding into the power/motor housing. after abit of shaving using a small sharp screwdriver, I manage to free the rotation. It has nothing to do with the hose inlet to the filter. If you dont clean, you can kiss your suction good bye Show details
Roo
RooWAPerth, WA16 posts
  PD1820LF-XE

not worth the money spent

Bought a cordless vacuum Black and Decker cordless Vaccuum Cleaner PD 1820L-XE on 27/09/2016 from JB HI FI. The switch presented problems within the 2 year warranty period. Replaced by JB Hi Fi. Unfortunately the same problem with the replacement .The switch keeps jamming and difficult to put it off once on.Sometime works and other time does not operate.
Y R.
Y R.5 posts
  PD1820L

Very disappointed

I bought this to clean inside my car. I am not sure if my car is very dirty or what but I need to clean the filter everytime after I vacuum the car. It’s too much. I hate it. Before purchasing this I was thinking of buying this product or dyson. It is very important for me to have a good suction power and a good filter. When the filter is clean it sucks well but when I use this vacuum cleaner once to clean my car, next time the suction is weak and I have to clean the filter. I shouldn’t have bought this product. I have have read reviews a lot. Show details
Eric Noack
Eric NoackNSWHunter Region, NSW196 posts
  Verified PD1820LF-XE

An Excellent Product

This portable hand held 18V vacuum cleaner is very good product.
One charge will last 15 minutes.
The suction is quite strong and will pick up most rubbish it also has a clip down brush on the nozzle.
I used this mainly in tight areas and for the car so I don't have to drag out the big cleaner.
being cordless and compact means you can use it just about anywhere.
A highly recommended product.
Marcus S
Marcus SEnglandManchester, England
  PD1820L

Poor reliability

I was very happy with the performance of this product while it worked; it provided good suction and enough cleaning time to vacuum my narrowboat in one session. However! After about 18 months the power cord to the charger base unit snapped at the point where it enters the plug. The wire is so thin and weak it looks as if it's been designed deliberately to break quickly. It is impossible to repair the wire as the plug is a sealed unit. When I rang the parts company recommended by Currys, they quoted me £51.99 plus delivery for a new base charger! Daylight robbery and one can't help wondering if money is being generated from built-in obsolescence!

Steve
SteveCoffs Harbour

Great unit

Love the longer hose. Powerful and works great. Would suggest getting this one over the 14 volt model. Good suction, last a reasonable time, does all of the jobs I want it to. Easy to empty and useful tools and holder. Got mine from Harvey Norman as they hold the more powerful model.

Caroline
CarolineAU
  Verified PD1820L

Disappointed. Expensive. Had two, both failed after short lives

Had two of these. Very satisfied at first, good suction, easy to clean filter, did a great job on small areas of dust on rugs, timber floors, window ledges etc. First one: switch broke within a year. Replacement had less suction now battery is almost dead, after just 1.5 years.

Peter
PeterVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts
  PD1420LP

Hose is too narrow and blocks easily

Since posting previously, I discovered the cause of the poor suction. The flexible suction tubing is quite narrow. It is easy for dust/lint balls to form and occlude it over time (unlike other larger vacuum tubing). If they form in the middle (which is what happened to me) it is not possible to see it due to the conduit being opaque. To overcome this, it is necessary to shove something along it to dislodge anything which might have formed if suction drops and you have done the usual other maintenance of cleaning the filter etc. Of course, B & D could just choose to make the tubing transparent to enable easy detection and timely cleaning - a pretty obvious design feature which is missing really. I therefore have upped my rating slightly.

aryan_iust
aryan_iustQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Ok for the price

Bought this from myer store on ebay on spacial. It has a decent battery life for about 15min continues run. The suction is also Ok for cleaning the floor just in case there is a small mess. The flexible tube should be always removed from its place while using otherwise the strong wind from its fan will push the rubish away from the unit. It is also a bit noisy. Otherwise as I said it is Ok for a short run.

Elsa
ElsaBrisbane9 posts

Does the work!

Bought it for our bus. It's really handy with its flexibilty, can easily clean under seats/bed. It is quite loud, but that's not a problem for us. Super easy to empty and keep the DustBuster clean.

Only I wish it could charge up faster and that the battery would last longer. But other than that, it's an awesome littler helper, specially if you are living in a bus/caravan etc.

Grant Stock
Grant StockBrisbane14 posts

Fantastic Portable vacuum!

Very happy with this nifty little vacuum. It cleans wuickly and efficiently and the battery hold enough charge for a

quick vacuum of our small house. It is little fairly quiet and easy to handle. I wouldn't rely on it for a deep pile rug, but for a quick vacuum around carpeted and tiled areas it is great.

Peter
PeterVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Vacuum cleaner without vacuum

Bought this about 18 months ago. Suction has been fading progressively despite cleaning, emptying etc to the point now where it doesn't even pick up lint. It still makes a loud noise and battery is fully charged. Purchased it from Bunnings but of course the receipt has been misplaced so they don't want to know me. I don't recommend this vacuum cleaner unless you want to replace it within 12 months. Judging by some of the reviews, I am not alone. Clearly this has a design flaw and should have been recalled.

Pickle
Pickle5155Adelaide, 515515 posts
  Verified PD1820LF-XE

Does not work well at all

I looked at a lot of reviews and did my research on dustbuster type vacuums before purchasing this one. I really wanted it to be good and usually rate Black and Decker products. It has a Li-on battery and 18V should be able to do the job. I've had it for a while now and rarely use it as it has almost zero suction. It won't even pull up basic dirt. I spilt 100s and 1000s the other day and it couldn't even suck them up. Filters have been cleaned and changed, but it hasn't helped. Unfortunately, I've probably waited too long to organise a replacement.

William L.
William L. · Dustbuster Flexi PD1820LF-XE (18V)

My Dustbuster after charging all night only runs for a minute and stops,I then switch off and on and it start running for 40 seconds and so on each time the run time gets less and less , is it time for a new battery ? Regards Bill

Sue S.
Sue S. · Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

My question is quite simple: why can't I switch it OFF? Everything works fine. Motor is good; suction is good; holds a charge well. But for some reason I can no longer switch the thing off. It is stuck solid. I had to let the battery run out and then, surprisingly, it switched off as normal. Recharged it and guess what? It happened again; I just cannot switch if OFF. And I cannot access that area of the machine as there is nothing to take apart and have a look. It is now utterly useless. I've never known anything like it.

Jonathan H.
Jonathan H. · Dustbuster Flexi

Switch cover has come off. Can I glue it back on?

Compare all Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi listings
CategoryHandheld Vacuum CleanersHandheld Vacuum CleanersHandheld Vacuum CleanersHandheld Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $139$99
Bin Capacity0.44 L
HEPA FilterNo
Weight1.38 kg
Running Time 10 min
Charging Time4 hours
Suction (Air Watts)35 AW
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date
Replaced byBlack & Decker Dustbuster Flexi PD1820LF-XE (18V)
Awards 2017201720172017