Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi

Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi

PD1820LF-XE (18V), PD1420LP (14.4V), PD1820L, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.7

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (2)
  • Battery Life

Almost impossible to rotate the dust bowl to open and clean the filter and bowl

After following instructions from the manual and finding that it did not work, the thing that was obstructing the rotation was the power switch rod that was still protruding into the power/motor housing. after abit of shaving using a small sharp screwdriver, I manage to free the rotation. It has nothing to do with the hose inlet to the filter. If you dont clean, you can kiss your suction good bye

Purchased in July 2018 for A$120.00.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Product is used Daily
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Roo

RooPerth, WA

not worth the money spent

Bought a cordless vacuum Black and Decker cordless Vaccuum Cleaner PD 1820L-XE on 27/09/2016 from JB HI FI. The switch presented problems within the 2 year warranty period. Replaced by JB Hi Fi. Unfortunately the same problem with the replacement .The switch keeps jamming and difficult to put it off once on.Sometime works and other time does not operate.

Y R.

Y R.

Very disappointed

I bought this to clean inside my car. I am not sure if my car is very dirty or what but I need to clean the filter everytime after I vacuum the car. It’s too much. I hate it. Before purchasing this I was thinking of buying this product or dyson. It is very important for me to have a good suction power and a good filter. When the filter is clean it sucks well but when I use this vacuum cleaner once to clean my car, next time the suction is weak and I have to clean the filter. I shouldn’t have bought this product. I have have read reviews a lot.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman Online for A$200.00.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Product is used Monthly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet
Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi compares to other Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

thubleau2Hunter Region, NSW

An Excellent Product

This portable hand held 18V vacuum cleaner is very good product.
One charge will last 15 minutes.
The suction is quite strong and will pick up most rubbish it also has a clip down brush on the nozzle.
I used this mainly in tight areas and for the car so I don't have to drag out the big cleaner.
being cordless and compact means you can use it just about anywhere.
A highly recommended product.

Marcus S

Marcus SManchester, England

Poor reliability

I was very happy with the performance of this product while it worked; it provided good suction and enough cleaning time to vacuum my narrowboat in one session. However! After about 18 months the power cord to the charger base unit snapped at the point where it enters the plug. The wire is so thin and weak it looks as if it's been designed deliberately to break quickly. It is impossible to repair the wire as the plug is a sealed unit. When I rang the parts company recommended by Currys, they quoted me £51.99 plus delivery for a new base charger! Daylight robbery and one can't help wondering if money is being generated from built-in obsolescence!

Steve

SteveCoffs Harbour

Great unit

Love the longer hose. Powerful and works great. Would suggest getting this one over the 14 volt model. Good suction, last a reasonable time, does all of the jobs I want it to. Easy to empty and useful tools and holder. Got mine from Harvey Norman as they hold the more powerful model.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Disappointed. Expensive. Had two, both failed after short lives.

Had two of these. Very satisfied at first, good suction, easy to clean filter, did a great job on small areas of dust on rugs, timber floors, window ledges etc. First one: switch broke within a year. Replacement had less suction now battery is almost dead, after just 1.5 years.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Peter

PeterPort Melbourne

Hose is too narrow and blocks easily

Since posting previously, I discovered the cause of the poor suction. The flexible suction tubing is quite narrow. It is easy for dust/lint balls to form and occlude it over time (unlike other larger vacuum tubing). If they form in the middle (which is what happened to me) it is not possible to see it due to the conduit being opaque. To overcome this, it is necessary to shove something along it to dislodge anything which might have formed if suction drops and you have done the usual other maintenance of cleaning the filter etc. Of course, B & D could just choose to make the tubing transparent to enable easy detection and timely cleaning - a pretty obvious design feature which is missing really. I therefore have upped my rating slightly.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
aryan_iust

aryan_iustSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ok for the price

Bought this from myer store on ebay on spacial. It has a decent battery life for about 15min continues run. The suction is also Ok for cleaning the floor just in case there is a small mess. The flexible tube should be always removed from its place while using otherwise the strong wind from its fan will push the rubish away from the unit. It is also a bit noisy. Otherwise as I said it is Ok for a short run.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Elsa

ElsaBrisbane

Does the work!

Bought it for our bus. It's really handy with its flexibilty, can easily clean under seats/bed. It is quite loud, but that's not a problem for us. Super easy to empty and keep the DustBuster clean.
Only I wish it could charge up faster and that the battery would last longer. But other than that, it's an awesome littler helper, specially if you are living in a bus/caravan etc.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Grant Stock

Grant StockBrisbane

Fantastic Portable vacuum!

Very happy with this nifty little vacuum. It cleans wuickly and efficiently and the battery hold enough charge for a
quick vacuum of our small house. It is little fairly quiet and easy to handle. I wouldn't rely on it for a deep pile rug, but for a quick vacuum around carpeted and tiled areas it is great.

Peter

PeterMelbourne

Vacuum cleaner without vacuum

Bought this about 18 months ago. Suction has been fading progressively despite cleaning, emptying etc to the point now where it doesn't even pick up lint. It still makes a loud noise and battery is fully charged. Purchased it from Bunnings but of course the receipt has been misplaced so they don't want to know me. I don't recommend this vacuum cleaner unless you want to replace it within 12 months. Judging by some of the reviews, I am not alone. Clearly this has a design flaw and should have been recalled.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Pickle

PickleAdelaide, 5155

Does not work well at all

I looked at a lot of reviews and did my research on dustbuster type vacuums before purchasing this one. I really wanted it to be good and usually rate Black and Decker products. It has a Li-on battery and 18V should be able to do the job. I've had it for a while now and rarely use it as it has almost zero suction. It won't even pull up basic dirt. I spilt 100s and 1000s the other day and it couldn't even suck them up. Filters have been cleaned and changed, but it hasn't helped. Unfortunately, I've probably waited too long to organise a replacement.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
bloomer

bloomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good, but has just developed a fault

I've been surprisingly happy with this device. I use it mostly on wooden floors. My mum bought one for herself after trying mine, and she uses it a lot to clean her car.

It sucks fairly well and the floor-extension works remarkably well for what it is, even though the suction from that head feels pretty weak. All of these devices are fairly noisy, but this one is tolerable (better than a Dyson and a simpler Dustbuster I've tried). The flexible hose is very useful. It's a pity the bristles on the main head become so misshapen so quickly.

After 20mths of ownership, the device has stopped charging (there's a fault in the baseplate), so I'm going to have to take it for repair under warranty. Frustrating.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
fanaticcook

fanaticcookGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

i love my dustbuster

what a performance and thank you product reviews for helping me find this excellent portable vacuum cleaner! it is so light weight, powerful and easy to clean! fantastic that it has a flexible hose, not available in other brands which makes all the difference in getting to hard to reach areas. great for the car too!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Brilliant small vac.

This is brilliant for those little bits that drop to the floor in the kitchen. It is brilliant for the car too as it is small and the flexi hose gets into all the difficult areas of the car. The B & D Dustbuster Flexi is one of the best bits of kit we have at the moment.

Perfect for travelling

Purchased this for our camper as we have limited space. I think the suction is great for our camper, lightweight and easy to use. I haven't had any problems with the door opening. If anything, I have found that it does take a long time to fully recharge but don't see this as a problem as I just leave plugged in overnight.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Mem

MemAdelaide

Dust bowl door release design poor

Excellent performance and easy to use however the dust bowl door opens way too easily resulting in spillage and mess. This detracts from an otherwise good product, powerful and efficient. Very disappointed that even the slightest touch or knock opens the flap. Having paid close to $150. had expected better.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Alistair

AlistairBrisbane

Good performance

This dustbuster has really good suction and is really easy to empty, which can be frustrating on cheaper products. Battery life is fine for me, and the charging base is compact. The unit is attractive and the indicator lights are very visible.

I find the ergonomics of the device a little poor. Needing to 'un-pivot' the suction head on every use can be a little annoying, the unit is quite unbalanced in the hand - most of the device weight is in front of the handle causing it to tip forward when used.

Overall happy with this product and it's much better than cheaper dustbusters I've had in the past.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Louie

LouieBrisbane

Good Vacuum but..

..they don't sell the filter anywhere. Not a single place. So you have to call and buy it directly from black and decker. I just got off the phone with them (1800 654 155) and they quoted roughly $28 including shipping then reduced the price by $10 when I complained. I still didn't buy it in the end - im gonna throw it the dirty one in the dish washer and see what happens.

Date PurchasedJan 2015