Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

MPN: PD1820L-XE

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.0

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (0) · No (1)
  • Battery Life
Y R.

Y R.

Very disappointed

I bought this to clean inside my car. I am not sure if my car is very dirty or what but I need to clean the filter everytime after I vacuum the car. It’s too much. I hate it. Before purchasing this I was thinking of buying this product or dyson. It is very important for me to have a good suction power and a good filter. When the filter is clean it sucks well but when I use this vacuum cleaner once to clean my car, next time the suction is weak and I have to clean the filter. I shouldn’t have bought this product. I have have read reviews a lot.

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman Online for A$200.00.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Product is used Monthly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet
Marcus S

Marcus SManchester, England

Poor reliability

I was very happy with the performance of this product while it worked; it provided good suction and enough cleaning time to vacuum my narrowboat in one session. However! After about 18 months the power cord to the charger base unit snapped at the point where it enters the plug. The wire is so thin and weak it looks as if it's been designed deliberately to break quickly. It is impossible to repair the wire as the plug is a sealed unit. When I rang the parts company recommended by Currys, they quoted me £51.99 plus delivery for a new base charger! Daylight robbery and one can't help wondering if money is being generated from built-in obsolescence!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Disappointed. Expensive. Had two, both failed after short lives.

Had two of these. Very satisfied at first, good suction, easy to clean filter, did a great job on small areas of dust on rugs, timber floors, window ledges etc. First one: switch broke within a year. Replacement had less suction now battery is almost dead, after just 1.5 years.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L compares to other Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Brilliant small vac.

This is brilliant for those little bits that drop to the floor in the kitchen. It is brilliant for the car too as it is small and the flexi hose gets into all the difficult areas of the car. The B & D Dustbuster Flexi is one of the best bits of kit we have at the moment.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Alistair

AlistairBrisbane

Good performance

This dustbuster has really good suction and is really easy to empty, which can be frustrating on cheaper products. Battery life is fine for me, and the charging base is compact. The unit is attractive and the indicator lights are very visible.

I find the ergonomics of the device a little poor. Needing to 'un-pivot' the suction head on every use can be a little annoying, the unit is quite unbalanced in the hand - most of the device weight is in front of the handle causing it to tip forward when used.

Overall happy with this product and it's much better than cheaper dustbusters I've had in the past.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Foris

ForisMelbourne

Better than my Dyson stick

See all Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi reviews

John W

John Wasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

After being fully charged it only operates for two minutes, the row of lights flash then it goes off. Will repeat this failure after switching on again till battery goes flat. It should operate on full charge for around ten minutes? What is the problem and solution?

Keith J

Keith Jasked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

Hi. My PD1820L only runs for 30 seconds and then switches off. If I leave it for a couple of minutes, (without recharging) it runs for another 30 seconds before switching off. It is hardly been used since new, but always cleaned and filters washed,. Please advise?Its 2 years old.
Thanks KJ

Mark Richard T.

Mark Richard T.asked

Dustbuster Flexi PD1820L

How do I remove the battery?

Burnt-Twice
Burnt-Twice

No idea. Why not ring Black n Decker?

Get an answer from our members and Black & Decker representatives