30Bowflex Max Trainer

3.7

Matt S
Matt S2 posts

Awesome

Had this for about 3 years. Use it most days. It’s brilliant. I reckon I’d be 30kg heavier without it. You have sweat dripping off your nose in 14 minutes.
Dean M
Dean MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing machine

I got suckered in to the Bowflex infomercials on a business trip months ago. The price was pretty high so kind of put it out of my mind. I think looked on Gumtree a week ago. I bought a 4 year old M5 off Gumtree for $500. Very happy with it so far. Very hard at first but starting to get used to it. Looks awesome and doesn’t take up much room compared to a typical elliptical. Show details
Sam L
Sam LSydney, NSW7 posts

be aware if you looking to buy the bowflex M6 or M8

i just spoke to someone at the TV shop and he advised that the price for the M6 is now $6000 and the M8 is $8000 but they have a 50% discount special so the M6 will cost $3000.00 and the M8 will cost $4000.
the difference between the M5 and M6 is minscule
I bought the M5 in 2016 for $3000. i smell a rat... just saying BUYER BEWARE.
 Show details
Meagan
MeaganRichmond-Tweed, NSW5 posts
Craig
Craig

Bowflex m7

I like the Mxflextrainer just got it and is good I am in love with it. I am looking at the ad for it now it is worth to get.

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC18 posts
robbie81
robbie814 posts
  Verified M5
Samantha
Samantha

Can't live without it!!

This machine is excellent and I use it everyday!! Took me about forty minutes to assemble which initially was annoying but we eventually got it all done. I have a back injury which makes it difficult for me to do most forms of exercise, so this has been the solution I have been long looking for! It takes pressure right off my back and has given me back control of my body. I have even lost 9kgs in the last two months of owning it! I'm glad I didn't read any of the previous reviews before purchasing because my experience has been excellent! The TV Shop have been extremely helpful as well, worth every cent I paid.

Maritz
MaritzMetropolitan Adelaide, SA20 posts

DO NOT GIVE CREDIT CARD DETAILS TO THE TV SHOP ***WARNING***

To anyone thinking of purchasing products such as the Bowflex Trainer be very very warned ....this company will charge your credit card even after you returned the product!!! I had to cancel my credit card and get it reissued, call Consumer Affairs AND call a debt collection agency because these dodgy, rude, arrogant employees of TV Shop Brand Developers tried to say I did not return a product (and I did) and kept helping themselves to debiting my credit card!!

Please please please do not use this company! Spread the word to your friends and family. Use social media to warn people. Smammers and Liars. Do your research

Enough
Enough

If there was a minus in the ratings bar, the score would be -10

I purchased a Bow-flex at the beginning of last year. Since that time the machine has had to have parts replaced for knocking, another time - screeching so loud i could not use it, the third time it jammed so they replaced the machine. Now the hydraulics have gone...nice. So, yet again, sent off another request to have it repaired. I would recommend purchasing this machine to anyone who has rocks in their head. It is poorly made, frustrating to assemble and if you can go for more than 2 months without it needing to be repaired you should be grateful.

Jessica
JessicaPerth, WA2 posts
  M5

What an awful service and the product is poor built quality

I have had my bow flex Max M5, for a few months and in this time I had to get it serviced and repaired by someone else 5 time as the TV shop just kept sending me the service manual every time I called. The fist day I opened my Bow flex max I was very excited. But it wouldn't even work when I called, someone was going to call me back to help me. I had to call again of course.

What a let down!!!

You can not fix the issue as they tell you due to needing specialized tools??

Not worth the price.

IF it works, the exercise is good but that's a big IF.

nothappy
nothappy

Be Aware

the tv shop would be the worst company i have ever dealt with. Check your paperwork folks they are dodgy!!!!! I have had 3 machines they have all broken and taken 2 months for replacements and all while your account is still debited. Be extremely cautious....

jon
jonPeel, WA2 posts

Poor workmanship

good workout but very very poor workmanship, used it twice, so hard to turn started to knock, pulled it apart top drive belt only half on, was rubbing now half shredded, knocking? 3 of the 4 bolts on the top pulley were half out the 4th was only hanging by a thread which was hitting upper arm, clearly you've never heard of loctite, maybe at $3000 it wasn't in the budget, now I'VE put loctite on all nuts n bolts & properly aligned all belts n pulleys, works good

Bella203746197964
Bella203746197964
  M5

The blowflex max is great for people that have joint or back problems

I have had 3 back surgeries in less then two years I'm still recovering from my third one. The blowflex max doesn't hurt my back I can only use the blowflex max for 15-20 minutes at a time a day bc I'm recovering from back surgery but it's good for older people that have joint problems like I do

Lizzy
Lizzy2 posts

Richard G.
Richard G. · Max Trainer

Avoid at all costs. On the face of it a great piece of kit, but highly unreliable. After minimal use the main console failed and required replacement for £570!!!! After sales care and customer service from Nautilus is abysmal. Clearly more interested in protecting profit than assisting customers and addressing failure issues.

Lisa T.
Lisa T. · Max Trainer M5

Recently the resistance stopped working on my max trainer. It’s stuck on level 7 and if you change it the resistance stays the same, no increase or decrease. Now it is making a non stop clicking? I’m assuming it’s the magnets from what I’ve read? Is this something I can fix myself?

Geordie
Geordie · Max Trainer M5

Hi my M5 has a metally slight grinding sound coming out of the the drive circle down the bottom and it’s too noisy to use I have sprayed inside the casing but no differ either any thoughts please and thanks? As it a a sealed unit so can’t pull it apart and thanks in advance