1.7

14% · 1482 · 80%

1.7
2.2
Brand Manager for BritBox? Claim your listing.

Rob R
Rob RMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Not great

Britbox has cut our services twice now. I was on the trouble shooting text line last night for 1.5 hours to absolutely no avail! Was I talking to a robot or AI with little “I”. Had enough will cancel subscription and claim back last months subs. Absolutely cheesed off. We pay automatic every month
Barrierexpress
BarrierexpressSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts
John B
John BPerth, WA4 posts

Scam service

I agreed to pay $99.99 for 12 months, after a 7 day trial. Days before my free trail finished BritBox were advertising 12 months for $55. I got in touch with them as I had 1 day before I was due to pay my $99.99 and asked if I could pay the $55 and was told no as I had singed up 6 days before, but that was the free trial period. Very disappointed with their attitude. I will not be renewing it after this 12 months. Very poor service and attitude.
grant l.
grant l.

Brit box should be called S#$t Box

worst of all the streaming services. It is impossible to download a show or movie if you are travelling and want to watch offline. Call centers, like almost all centres are in the Philippines and they are useless if you want help. a lot of the content is on SBS, ABC or other streaming platforms.
WehatePD
WehatePDGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC10 posts

Paying for old shows. Not worth it

I subscribed to BritBox after having cancelled FOXTEL, where BBSFirst and UK TV used to be my favourite channels. However, I am extremely disappointed!! Not only do they have OLD stuff that I have seen (on Foxtel and ABC) but they are showing older seasons of my favourite shows. There are more recent episodes on Binge and ABC. I have send many emails asking that they update their offerings more regularly but they still do not refresh with more than 1 per month!!!
I am paying for stuff that I have already watched. No more. Not worth the money that I pay. I am cancelling my subscription!
jeli
jelisydney19 posts

Very Poor

Very poor list of programs. One i signed up i couldnt find much to watch. There is more on the ABC.

And very hard to disconnect. If you go to the "account" screen on the site it defaults you to the app which directs you to the web page so you have to delete the app. Then if you want to use it again for the remaining days you have paid for you have to figure out your sign in again.

I usually switch between apps for a few months each through the year. I WONT be using this one again. Its deliberately difficult to unsubscribe. And i dont support unethical businesses.

Flossy
Flossy2 posts

Fed up

When I ask for help and AI they never answer a question. Then after a while they put me through to an expert with $1 Howly rates( that's how they spelt it, and said I get it returned?? Yea right so no help whats so ever.
Charli
CharliPerth, WA10 posts

DONT GO THERE NOT WORTH THE FRUSTRATION

I have a very fast internet connection with no problems streaming other platforms like Netflix or Prime but Britbox URRGH. Continual freezing, messages like ERROR No connection please check your wifi or data connection.MS Error The content is currently not available: I have been with Britbox for several years and some months its fine but the majority of time it's not so I give up and wont ever subscribe again. the platform is a nightmare.
kimiha
kimiha

Not worth it in Australia

Small library. Has hardly any of those old wonderful BBC series included. BBC1 app seems to have a wide catalogue that is simply not available to an Australian subscription. Also what little you get for what you pay is often available on Plex or other free to air catch up. So sad! Definitely not worth it at this stage.
Martin
MartinHunter Region, NSW

Waste of money

I wish I had never signed up, problems to many to list. Wish I’d never heard of it
Cat
Cat12 posts

Joe
Joe

Not enough content

Disappointing.

ITV and BBC service without poirot or the content those platforms are really known for.

Cannot use VPN to access other regions either no point to using it I'm glad I used the cheap $1 months until we ran out of things to watch.

Carol W.
Carol W.

Waste of money

Silent witness series 26 Shetland series8 unforgotten series5
All episodes come up on screen but when you click on " unavailable "
Why bother paying ABC free to air screen for free before you
Tony G
Tony GQueensland43 posts

Cheap first months offer then refuse to refund cancelled service

Same old streaming scam, they offer a couple of months cheap, then when you forget (as they want you too) to cancel, they refuse to refund, even if you are one day late. I wonder how much of their funding comes from extra mistake months.
MoiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Try to cancel britbox lol

I have been trying to cancel my britbox. This has proved impossible. Forget the chat bot, never replied. Following instructions from britbox, "how to cancel my subscription" takes me nowhere. Many subscriptions make it difficult to cancel but they have perfected the art.
Moi

Come on Britbox, a reply to this review is warranted. Help cancelling this service