Brother HL-L2305W

Brother HL-L2305W

The best printer I have ever owned

Crisp clear prints, extremely quick printing for a household machine.
Love the double sided feature, as it saves so much paper. Toner is super affordable and lasts great.
So easy to connect to wifi and use Apple air print etc.
Do not waste your money on another “cheap” inkjet printers that cost hundreds in wasteful ink cartridges.

Purchased at eBay for $108.00.

Functionality
Ink Cartridge Longevity
Printing Speed
Reliability

a cheap fast reliable printer

I use this in my farm office and require a cheap fast printing non-colour printer. And this printer does everything I would like.

It prints fast enough for me.

It is not too noisy. It also quietens after a few seconds. I had the predecessor, the 2130 and it would keep humming for several minutes after the printing was finished which was annoying but this one doesn't do that.

I get my generic cartridges online for ~$15 each and I can't see any difference to the branded ones.

I don't really keep a track of how many pages I print per year, but estimate it would be more than a box (5 x 500 page reams). The cartridges seem to last about three months.

You can print both sides, but that is cumbersome and not automatic.

I thought the idea of setting up the wireless might have been daunting, but I followed the instructions and it was pain free.

I have found this printer and the older model to be super reliable. I would hate to think how many pages the old one printed and it was only the annoying humming that encouraged me to get the newer model.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

So Good, we Just love it

We had an old Brother laser printer and when it finally died we decided to stay with the brand and are so pleased we did. This printer is so good, it works really well. The wireless feature is fantastic and so quick.
We don't usually review something until we've had it for 12 months or so to give it a good work out but we have used this printer really heavily since we purchased it and it works perfectly every time. Would highly recommend it.
A laser printer for under $100 you can't beat that.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Easy setup, quick no-nonsense printer

Easy setup, wireless works no issues.

This printer was quick to unbox and get working. The screen, while small was simple to use and make the necessary changes.

It seems to be quite energy efficient as well. .5W in sleep mode is impressive. When you send a job, it's only about 15 seconds before it starts printing. Jobs are completed in no time with quick print speeds.

Another thing I like about this printer is that you can choose your toner capacity to suit your print requirements. The drum is also individually replaceable when the time comes. This helps reduce the cost of toner.

I would buy this product again.

Date PurchasedAug 2018