Brother MFC-9140CDN

Brother MFC-9140CDN

MPNs: BRO-MFC-9140CDN and LED-PRB-MFC-9140CDN

See the Best Printers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

spersephone

spersephoneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good when it's not playing up

Date PurchasedJul 2014

About 5 years brilliant service

Super happy after several tens of thousands of pages of printing - never had a problem but finally telling me it needs a new drum Many many changes of cartridges no other issue. Will buy the same or the replacement model as it has been faultless until it has now reached the end of its economic life
P

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Marie N.

Marie N.Sydney

Noisy and bulky but high quality prints

I've had this for over four years and never had a problem. It's easy to set up and connect, is reliable, and prints are crystal clear. Pretty cost effective too as you can use generic cartridges which are much cheaper, unlike some brands like Epson and HP which tweak the devices so you can only use original ones.
My only beef (small details really) is its incredible noisiness, long wake-to-print time and that it won't print if colour cartridges are out. And it's massive :)

Date PurchasedMay 2014
iFudge

iFudgeMelbourne

Average printer

I've had this printer since 2014 now. The features and operation of the printer are fine. I just ordered some replacement toner cartridges (x4 - one for each CMYK) off eBay for $50, so I guess that's ok. My main issue is the print quality and colour reproduction which I found to be very average. I've tried recalibrating it and using different presets, but hasn't seemed to make that much difference. I was getting better colour and quality from my old inkjet printer I replaced with this.
If you could give half-stars I would have given it 2.5.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Keith2

Keith2Adelaide

Great replacement for my broken MFC-9120CN

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Fandoog

FandoogSydney

Printer great - product support even better

I had trouble setting up the scanner. After trying all the things in the manuals (which are actually pretty crap), I contacted support, who suggested a reload of drivers. That didn't work, so they teed up a time and came on line, with my permission, at the appointed time, and fixed it in 10 minutes flat. They were on the phone as well, and tidied up my printer settings perfectly. It was a great service. The issue had been a redundant Dell folder by the way.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

ANTOINETTE

ANTOINETTESouth East Queensland, QLD

IT WORKS!!

Use this printer at home for every day work and school projects for the kids, works fine, but does leave black spots on my print outs not sure why?!! Over all it is an OK PRINTER would recommend for home but not for a company. The re-fills are quite cheap when bought online

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Leaves dents and ink marks on page

Most expensive printer I have ever bought. Goes through expensive ink quickly, leaves a permanent ink mark on 3 spots of the page and now leaves a dented column down the left side of the page. Don't use it that often, going back to a Cannon as this one is a major con!

Lesley T

Lesley TGunalda

Embossing fault annoying

I have had my 9140CDN now since late may 2014, so just under 2 years. I run a small business and print letters and invoices. I have LOVED the printer up until now. Now the paper is embossed heavily down the left hand side (as you look at it) and I have tried the 'fix' on the Brother Troubleshooting page. I am really annoyed that now I am going to have to buy a new printer as I bought it from Dick Smiths and they are going out of business. Please fix this issue Brother.
Lesley Thomson

Paul

PaulAuckland

Problem similar to Hanks of embossed mark on paper - how to fix

Date PurchasedJan 2014

BrotherMFC printer repairs

Hi, I bought this machine in June 2014. Still having problems with inward fax receipt on a Telstra duet line. Other than everything has worked until March 2015 when I needed to replace the fuser assembly unit. This fault created 'embossing' on side of the paper. It was replaced under warranty. Now, 8 months later, the same thing is happening!! The repair clinic said it is a known issue with Brother and the poor quality parts they use. I am currently discussing direct with Brother to again repair under a 'warranty'. Replacement unit plus labour is the same cost as a brand new one. The printer repair clinic suggested a Fuji Xero 305df. Although some recent reviews of that aren't real flash. Will see you posted on progress with Brother.

Hank
Hank

Update: Brother have agreed to replace the faulty unit under warranty as a goodwill gesture. Yippee! Hope this unit last longer than the last one.

NishanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Laser Multifunction Centre

Nishan

Still working very well with no issues. No regrets whatsoever.

gsumantag

gsumantagAdelaide

excellent printer

This is just what I needed. It prints good enough. Scans very well and got fax too. I have it connected to my router thus it works as a WiFi printer for us. Drivers are good too. I needed a less intrusive driver software which would let me control what I want to do. Only downfall is when u scan & send ur documents directly to Google drive (using the drive plugin), it will produce very low quality PDF. No issues at all. The document feeder works beautifully.

Janelle57

Janelle57Maryborough

Had it a month now

This is what I've found in relation to my home office.

1. It will not function properly on a dual line for auto answering of faxes/phone. My son has a home office and the same printer and he has the same problem.

2. You cannot set the print function to mono and 2 sided print. It will do one or the other not both.

Both these issues have been very frustrating but apart from that overall it's not too bad.

PaulD

PaulDAdelaide

Excellent Value Printer

hostie42AU

Exceeded my expectations

hostie42

Just an update - 5 months later, the printer is still going well. No reliability problems. Still liking this printer a lot.

hostie42

Just noticed that another reviewer wrote that it can not print mono and 2 sided, but I have often printed mono 2 sided, so I believe that reviewer was mistaken.

jhughes28WA

Great printer

jhughes28

Update: printer is still going strong. I've only had to replace the ink once so far which is surprising, but good! Still very happy we got this one.