Brother MFC-J6530DW

Brother MFC-J6530DW

MPN: MFC-J6530DW

Wow am impressed by this $201 printer

I bought this Brother MFC-J6530DW because it could print and scan/copy A3 as I'm in the process of building a house and architect plans were easier to read in A3 rather than shrunken A4. Gotta say I'm impressed. But be warned - Windows 10 did not have the drivers for this printer even after I updated the drivers through Microsoft. I had to go directly to the Brother website to specifically download the J6530 drivers. Do yourself a favour and save the installation time by doing this rather than mucking around with generic drivers (I did this because I don't have a CD reader on my laptop). What impressed me next was the ability to print from my mobile smartphone - that did take a bit of setting up (had to download the Brother iPrint and Scan app to my phone) but it worked. Same as the send to an email address to print the attachment - that worked. I got to warn you though it does help if you have some knowledge of IT so maybe it was a bit easier for me to get the issues I encountered resolved - I suspect if I had relied on the Quick Start Guide - I'd still be scratching my head wondering why I could not print. I set it up over my wired LAN but can still print over WiFi okay (as my router is connected to the printer). Print quality is good - not a good as say getting Kwikcopy to do it for me - but hey only paid $201 for it (with free shipping - had to do a double take on that as I expected a fee for shipping). I bought from an on-line retailer. Foot print is a bit large as it can scan and photocopy directly A3 - so have a large desk spot for it. It's not that heavy - I lugged it up 1 flight of stairs by myself. I could fit the box it came in the back of my Ford sedan (had to pick it up from delivery depot because shipping company kept missing me). Only had it for 1 day - I may update this review after I've run it for a several months. I also bought this printer because Brother LC ink cartridges were less expensive than HP and although expensive still at least affordable. I guess that's where most printer companies make their money now - from selling ink ... LOL

Purchased in April 2019 at ItsWisdom.com.au for $201.00.

Functionality
Printing Speed

Much better than I expected

This printer has been great so far. Connection to the network is reliable receives commands and prints very quickly. For a simple somewhat boring design they did put a nice sound on the machine (I enjoy the odd gimmick). There are also loads of extras to download onto the printer itself if you got time to play around.
The only issue is the print feed is single sided, but I new that when I got it (extra $70 aud for double side). The colours are pretty good for an office printer but nothing compared to a dedicated photo printer. The gradients are not as smooth e.g. black to blue has a few bands.
I have scanned about 700 pages so far and only had the paper pull through on an angle once but they had been folded previously.
I am also still on the starter ink and printed quite a bit at least 200 pages and have quarter ink left.
So far so good.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great printer for home office.

I recently bought this machine as an upgrade for my home office and I'm very happy with it. It connects wirelessly to my computer or phone without any issues. printing quality is very good if it's documents, not that great with photos but I don't mind. It's fast, quiet and easy to use. Great value for money. Definitely recommend it :)

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Hi there does it has the double sided scanning function
Not on this model. It only has single sided scanning on the Automatic feed. Apparently the pc app has a setting for it but more trouble than it's worth. I gave up. However, the MFC-J6930DW does have does have double sided scanning in monochrome (black, grey, white). This is mention in the brochure: Single Pass 2-sided (duplex) Scan Speed Monochrome A4 portrait: 36ipm, A4 landscape: 22ipm, A3: 16ipm Link found here on the brother website: https://www.brother.com.au/en/home/all-printers/printers/mfc-j6930dw

Hi there does it has the double sided scanning function

can it scan double sided
Yes it canThanks but took it back....qualified sales man said that spesif model not compatible to do it.

MFC-J6530DW