Canefire Dark UP

3.7

natweeza

natweeza

Canefire

I love Canefire. It's smooth enough to drink over ice, but my favourite is with dry ginger. I can drink it all day. I wish it was available in more liquor stores. I also love all the other products at the Great Northern Distillery, especially the Backburn. Keep up the good work guys!
Well-priced, tastes great, local product
Hard to find

Light & smooth

To be fair to the other reviewer, Canefire isn't really rum. It's more like cachaca. Canefire has a very different taste, without the heavy aromatics associated with rums. Having said that, this is very smooth neat over ice. There's no burn, and no heavy aftertaste. Very nice, especially at this price point.
Different to rum, but very light & pleasant drinking. I am a rum enthusiast, but this makes a nice change.
It's not really a rum, so people looking for the traditional rum flavours will be taken aback.

Undrinkable

All tails, smells like wet cardboard and Parmesan cheese.
Tastes nothing like rum.
I had friends taste and smell it and not one thought it was drinkable.
Took the bottle back thinking they had made a mistake when bottling but was told it all tastes like that.
At least they gave me a refund

The distiller doesn't know what he is doing, or is trying to cut costs by bottling everything that comes out of the still.

Rums