Canon Pixma MG3560

Canon Pixma MG3560

MPN: MG3560BK

you dont get what you pay for

Bought the Canon Pixma G3000- yesterday for $600 including product care.
Took literally hours to set up. Instructions are not good and printer does not flash lights in way described in them. Diagrams are too small and contain unnecessary detail that confuses.
Instructions say to connect wirelessly first, did not work, tried the cable and eventually it connected then connected wireless this morning.
The paper entry system is not covered and does not support many pages and is very fiddly and with how paper is inserted.
Have only printed test pages as yet seem ok.
Wish I had read reviews first would never have bought this.
Tried to contact Canon for help they only work Monday to Friday 8.00 till whenever

Purchased in March 2019 for $600.00.

Functionality
Ink Cartridge Longevity
Printing Speed
Reliability

Wifi printer easy to set up and use

I bought the MG3560R (red) model and love it - mostly because it looks good and the wifi connection has never let me down. It was also super easy to set up. The print quality is good for home use, probably wouldn't recommend for printing photos or high quality documents. The ink seems to run out pretty quickly and the price on the cartridges hasn't appeared to have gone down (around $45 each for black + tricolour) but for general home use it's probably about average. I bought this in May 2014 (4.5 years ago) and it still works and looks as good as it did when new. It's never given me any problems.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Take it from a print guy, this one is awesome value!

Thanks to wireless tech and google cloud print, being able to print from my phone on the go gets me in and out of the house with the docs I need, already done! great value on a the ink also. Canon make virtually all their personal printer ink cartridges compatible across their range.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

To SETUP Pixma MG 3000, (I am not a techno nerd) but it worked!! I connected the yellow Ethernet cab

I haven't bought refills yet - I only bought it this morning :)
I will let you know if it jams.

I connected the yellow Ethernet cable. I put in the CD into my Windows PC. On their Web page, when I had to put in the MODEL NUMBER, there was no MG 3000, so I randomly clicked on MG 3010 and it worked! I downloaded the SET-UP. The next bit of false instructions I found, was in near the end of STEP 5. In point 3 of STEP 5, it says to 'double click the CD-Rom icon on the right side of the window. WELL DONT! Right Click on the icon instead!!! It didn't need any cable connected to my laptop, it just magically found the wireless thing. It printed the sample page, and it scanned it well. It was not too noisy, as some comments suggested. And, if I can set this up, honestly, so can you. Just make a coffee and be patient. Good Luck :) p.s. I am in Victoria, Australia and I am 65 yrs old!! Wooohooo :)

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Bad engineering

Build quality is poor, looks delicate and cheap. Very noisy among its class of competitors. No displays have to depend of computer.
Paper try exceeds printer cannot keep printer closed. Refillable cartridge can be used with ease, Only cartridge is empty displays but printing can be done.
Paper feeder is very vulnerable and fails frequently I experienced paper jam many times. My rarely used printer Now not working because of feeder problem. Repair is very expensive Instead buy a new printer. There are 2 way to clear Paper jam Can be opened from back and front. For loader jam at back, have to lift the machine and switch off the machine. Software is not high standard but ok, comes with a lot of bloatware. For instruction one has to depended on computer an instructions are confusing to user. Not recommended badly engineered piece Canon have to go miles to improve. People place over head shelf find difficult to use because of Top buttons & No displays to see.
Not recommended. [[ASIN:B00H47DF3Q Canon PIXMA MG 3570 Multi Function Inkjet Color Printer (Black)]]

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Frustrating

DONT BUY THIS PRINTER IF YOU WANT IT TO WORK WITH APPLE IPHONE/PAD (IOS devices)4 etc it’s not compatible. I tried for hours can’t take it back as I’ve opened up the ink so have now purchased a HP PRINTER all in one don’t have to download a special app either.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Top value!

This printer for a very cheap price can do more than just print! It is capable of scanning, printing and photocopying. The printing quality is pretty average, however that seems to follow the price when it comes to printers. This printer is capable of printing and scanning to a computer all over WiFi, thus no cables are necessary. However if you are not that tech savvy, it still comes with the cables to utilise when needed. The price of refills is extremely cheap with no colours going over 25 dollars and they use individual cartridges which prevents you from having to buy a whole new all colour cartridge because only one colour ran out. The printer jams seldomly and is very reliable. Unsure of how it will last but who cares when it only cost me 65 dollars from officeworks!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Worst printer

Print quality was great when it actually worked, biggest waste of money! Every time I tried to use it there was an issue; whether it was a paper jam, connection to my computer, detection of paper in the tray etc. I tried to use it as a simple scanner with the intention of a buying a new printer and even that wasn't smooth sailing. I will never buy a Canon printer again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Poor product, very poor support

I have tried to set this printer/scanner up for Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.04 wirelessly. Wireless doesn't work for either system so a cable (from a previously working printer) was used. Now printing with both systems, but will not scan in Ubuntu (after spending hours downloading and installing drivers). Basically a pretty useless product.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Have to buy parts separately.

The printer does not come with a USB cable.
Very hard to find one.
There is no information on the package that you need to buy USB cord.
It is a lot of inconvenience to setup your new printer only to realise that you have to go to a store to buy the USB cable.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Canon Pixma MG3560 Printer

I use an inkjet printer for personal use (not commercial) for printing documents and also good quality photo prints.
I have used several Canon inkjet printers for many years after trying other brands. I find that Canon Pixma Printers suit my purposes very well..particularly for printing photos. This printer is no exception giving me fine quality printing (1 picolitre) at a very reasonable price. Ink refills are reasonably priced and I find it to be a reliable printer.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Printer does more than a printer

As well as printing brilliant colour pages, this machine also photocopies and scans to my laptop. All this can be done via wifi (while the printer did not come with a usb cable, in fact, no cables are needed)
It was easy to install and set up.
It only cost $69 from Officeworks

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good general printer

Reliable to date.
Cartridges are easy to install, but not the cheapest type.
This was recommended for us by shop staff as a good value for our needs.
The price was reasonable compared to other printers with similar features.
Our first Canonprinter had a long life, hope this is the same.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Canon MG series

Date Purchased:april 2016
Works perfectly and it's very reliable products

The printer works perfectly and it's a very reliable products.
The packaging is solid and well made
The print quality/resolution is good and the scanner feature is good as well (just a bit slow )

Pros
Print quality
Speed
Wireless

Cons
Scanner speed
Cartridge cost
On line documentation
Customer care
these are great but inks are very expensive to say least but in all Im happy

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Worst Device Ever!!!!

very bad on line support
very loud, really loud
always aligning heads or cleaning them so its not always ready
falls asleep no matter what u do so you need to get up and wake it to be able to print
very poor plastic material
very hard to deal with
very bad paper tray

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Works perfectly and it's very reliable products

The printer works perfectly and it's a very reliable products.
The packaging is solid and well made

Pros
Print quality
Speed
Wireless

Cons
Scanner speed
Cartridge cost
On line documentation
Customer care

Date PurchasedMay 2016

meh! i know why it was so cheap!

to be frank, with competition what it is, the process of installing a printer should be seamless but this monstrosity is as stubborn as a mule. NOTHING works on any computer i have! why? beats me (though i am now well oriented to forums on these useless canon white elephants).

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Setup Nightmare

Attractive to look at and nice small physical profile for domestic use. But nightmare to set up, on iMac at least. Hours of frustration. Good print quality but only via USB and still can't make it work wirelessly. Can't be detected either on router option or directly between iMac and printer.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Forget any nice implications in the above: forget this printer. HughMan

Cannon MG3560

No USB cable supplied.
The printer will not edit or enhance photo's unless it is connected to the net. and when I load Image garden the computer crashes.
Print qual is good but the printer is noisy.
Ink is average priced.
No user manual supplied
Overall the printer is garbage due to the necessity to be connected to the Net in order to find out how to use it. to
a useful degree and be able to edit and enhance photo's.

Hopeless installation

I have been trying for two months via Canon help to install printer and still not luck. Many emails giving same link and nothing works. All I wanted was a simple printer/scanner for home . The installation set up is terrible and not at all simple to follow. There is not warning on the box just says works with OSX but not that it has to be over 10.5. I have bought a new computer and it still doesnt install!