Canon Pixma MX726

• Printing Speed
Kevin G.

Kevin G.South West, WA

Slow, Noisy and did I mention VERY SLOOOOOW

I have probably owned 5 or 6 printers in my time and with this Canon I learned a big lesson. When something is a good price deal it almost certainly isn`t . This thing takes around 2 minutes to get going if you haven`t printed for a day or so. I have never known a printer clean the cartridge heads so often and so so slowly. If you want to print just a page or so this thing takes an age, you could have written the damned thing by the time it takes the Canon to warm up and transfer the file across from your computer, and that`s even if the printer is left switched on permanently.
I don`t care what model you choose from this range or whatever the price, avoid, avoid, avoid. Canon have gone from top tier to bucket printers very rapidly.

Purchased in July 2019 for $59.00.

Robert

RobertLaunceston, TAS

B200 Error mx726

Purchased in September 2017 at officeworks for $185.00.

Problems within 2 months of purchase...

After the supplied ink cartridges were used up, purchased generic ink....within a short time, the red or magenta did not come through anymore.....so after weeks of frustration and unable to print anything in colour, bit the bullet and purchased a genuine Canon magenta ink cartridge from Office Works...installed it correctly and it still does not print anything in red.....just tried to deep clean etc following manuals instructions and guess what? It still does not work...this is the second Canon MX726 we have purchased in three years and definitely the last one....Canon your printers suck.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great printer, TERRIBLE scanner

No issues with printing jobs, it does a fantastic job!
However, when ever i need to scan it will skip pages, spit them out back to front, jam constantly, and i find the scanning programs frustrating to use, especially when trying to scan into pdfs. As scanning is a major reason i got this printer with the feeder tray, if i could do it over, i would probably get a different printer. Would suit someone perfetly who only prints.

Date PurchasedJuly 2013

Absolute rubbish! Problem after problem!

Bought about 2 years ago. Nothing but problems. Not a lot of use. Now says fault B200 - means get it fixed by Canon as something wrong inside which will be expensive to fix. Problems with scanning, copying mainly. Exceedingly slow to start and tp print and scan. Thus is my 3rd Canon in 5 years. Now going to another company for my next one.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Tommy

TommyNSW, 2127

Great for the price

It is quite slow to start up but the print quality is great.
It is very convenience to print via wifi by computer or smartphone.
I setup my printer with Google Cloud Print and I can print from anywhere with my phone.
Double sided scanning is also a factor why I chose this printer.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Unhappy camper

Unhappy camper

Slow, quirky, dead!

Date PurchasedJune 2014
NeoSamurai

NeoSamuraiEltham, Victoria

Very SLOW, Gulps through ink and now doesn't work!

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Red

RedBrisbane

Ok for the price

This is a handle little gadget. I mainly print lots of paper work for university. The ink doesn't last long but I guess with all new printers you will find less ink in the printer to start with. The price was affordable. I don't really have any other complaints as it prints just fine and that's all I need it for.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Hayley

HayleyBrisbane

Good for the price

Fairly good printer for its price. For those saying the print quality in only satisfactory, I also found this but when I bought more expensive paper other than thechezpest ream I could find, the quality was definitely better. The wifi tends to be a bit hit and miss and it's not always easy but other than this I'm happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Not great

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Chris XSydney, NSW

Very good printer . Great for the money!

I don't understand why some people right negative aboute this printer. I replaced my MG 5660 with this MX726 and the deference is amazing. Faster auto documents feeder and takes the same cartridges as the MG5660 .so i didn't have to throw away my left overs. Wifi network very quick setup. Very happy with this printer. Highly recommended? $85 from officeworks.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Blackhalo

BlackhaloMelbourne

The terrible people don't have a clue

Look.... for $85 what you get is phenomenal - <$10 for a pack of cartridges on eBay....... It works flawlessly over Wi-Fi and the output from both scans and prints are of a high quality. People that rated this low IMHO are just not tech savi. Don't blame the tool if you cannot use it... Why not 5 Stars.. - It's big but hell for cheap ink and an all in one unit... its a winner,.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

A terrible printer.

The Canon Pixma726 looks like a promising printer, it is compact, and when it works, the quality is satisfactory plus. But it never lasts. I bought two Canon MX726 printers, fortunately at Officeworks, I had to return two printers, and just now, the third time the printer has stopped printing, with the message 'Filter" failed. There is no hint anywhere how to correct this, so I will be forced to return the printer, this time I will get a product from a different maker

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Efficient and affordable.

I decided to ignore the derogatory reviews that were posted for this printer, because I've had a lot of Canon products in my life and they have always been well designed for their function and given dependable service.
I went ahead and purchased the MX 726 and although it's early days yet, it was cheap, it was straightforward to setup and the wireless connectivity with my iPhone, iPad and old iMac was instant. Good quality and fast printing was the result. It was not overly noisy or slow as one reviewer suggested. I think that careful reading of the instructions and step by step setup will reward anyone who buys this cheaper range Canon printer.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Keith Humm

Keith HummAU

When it works, it's alright. But it takes its sweet time about it.

Date PurchasedJune 2013
MrTech

MrTech

The Best Printer Money Can Buy

Print quality is amazing, Refills are well priced
Print from Mac, Iphone, Ipad everywhere.
Easy to use, scanning is a breeze
Will not use any other brand, Canon you have won me over.
It has never failed me, always there when I need it.
Simply the best. . . .

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Arvi

ArviAuckland

High res photo printing

I think this is one of the best printing resolution without spending extra. It has its separate trays for 4x6s and A4s and it prints excellent photos and decent speed. I don't use the fax functionality because it's not really my era. It may sometimes spend a lot of inks while cleaning and it might make you spend more on inks. I tore my warranty (i feel this is a tough printer) and installed my own CISS. It was a bit hard to setup but once i got it going, the machine keeps rolling in and printing good photos. Too bad this is already phased out i think.

Sydney25

Sydney25Sydney

Slow and drinks the ink!

Erin

ErinPerth

Worst printer ever Canon MX726

Randomly loses its connection so have to power it off/on before I can print. Jams trying to do double-sided print. Goes though ink really quickly. Frustratingly slow. Even the scanning process is ridiculously complex - have to allow around 4 min for a 1 page scan, and heaven forbid if it is double sided!

Lizzie

Lizzieasked

Can you scan negatives on a Pixma MX726? I notice there is a small film strip size panel before the A4 plate, is this specifically for negatives, if so, how do you use it? Thanks

Robin EC

Robin ECasked

Where is the on-line manual??!! Argh, it's just stopped, just like my last Canon!!!!

Chris X

It's in the disk that come with the printer. You must select install all when you insert the disk . Than you will find a shortcut on your desktop screen.

John S

John Sasked

Does anyone know the standard warranty on the Cannon Pixmar MX 626? Ours finally died. Purchased in late May 2015 and less than two years of erratic, problem-ridden use does not seem good value.
Will not be a repeat buyer of this brand.

Chris X

Hi. I've been using canon printers for the last 25 to 30 years. They are the best value / performance printers on the market. But you have to pick the right model. The pixma 626 is not one of the good one's. I have the 726 wich is very good. It comes with 12 mth warranty as most printers on the market.

Get an answer from our members and Canon representatives

CategoryPrinters