Canon Pixma TS9160

• Printing Speed
The Culinary Library.com

The Culinary Library.comSouth East Queensland, QLD

Epic Fail

Purchased in October 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$179.00.

Not the best printer!!!

Not the best printer. I needed a new printer when my canon pixma TS8160 constantly jammed paper so settled on the TS9160 as I had many new ink cartridges and found that the TS9160 used the same cartridges. In lockdown Melbourne I was restricted on travelling any distance and a needed a new printer urgently. I purchased the TS9160 from Cartridge World $185.00 - not the cheapest price. It is VERY noisy when preparing to print, when printing and when it has finished. It sounds like a chaff cutter.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$185.00.

vadi

vadiSoutheast, SA

So unbelievably slow

I bought the Canon TS9160 2 months ago based on industry information. It has been a constant disappointment. The quality of when and if it prints is first class, but it is inconsistent. I have never had such an astonishingly slow printer, sometimes taking 30 minutes to complete 3-4 page documents. Often it will get stuck on a page and take 15 minutes to print it. Although this is only 2 months old, I will have to replace it with something that actually gets the job done. A lemon.

Purchased in July 2020 at Ink Station Online store.

Printers

Find out how Canon Pixma TS9160 compares to other Printers

justin83

justin83

Recommended

great product for the home user.

print, photo print, scan, copy...it does it all seamlessly, and it's small and compact so doesn't take up a lot of space.

I paid $169 for this printer. stop your search and just go with this printer, you won't find a better printer for under $300.

Purchased in February 2020 at Amazon for A$169.00.

thubleau2Hunter Region, NSW

Almost Flawless

Purchased in November 2019 at Amazon for A$139.00.

Badgey1Hobart, TAS

Very happy with this Canon for my home office

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$149.00.

Jade

JadeGold Coast

Great printer but ink is so expensive

I spotted this printer at our local Officeworks and loved the design as it was a lot more modern then other printers for sale. It’s fantastic and I haven’t had any problems at all, the printer itself is reasonably priced the only thing that outweighs it for me is the cost of ink and if one colour runs out before the other it’s difficult to bypass and be able to use the printer still and the cost is ridiculous, I paid $160 and it didn’t last long.

Purchased in March 2018 at Officeworks for A$250.00.

RAMSydney

RAMSydneySydney, NSW

Do not buy this printer. It's a piece of junk that's soooo frustrating to use.

Purchased in April 2018 at Officeworks for A$200.00.

Rod Bryan

Rod Bryan

Canon 9160 has no ADF

The canon 9160 maybe a home printer but it feels very fragile to use. Most importantly Canon neglects to tell you it foes not have an ADF so every scan and copy has to be done manually via the glass. This fact alone has made my decision to purchase a regretted one.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Printers

Find out how Canon Pixma TS9160 compares to other Printers

Persistent

PersistentNorthfield

Canon Pixma TS9160 OK for a day!!

Had 5 of these printers ,2x TS9060 and 3x TS9160 within the last 14 months! ( I am persistent, I like the compact design and, when working, the quality of output) but in each instant codes 1240 and 1259 keep recurring and cannot be cleared. I have contacted Canon who have tried to help with replacing 3 of the printers, also Officeworks, from whom I brought the first one and replaced with the 5th one . Excellent service but !!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
C J

C JMelb

Excellent print quality and easy installation

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Crossrip

CrossripSydney, NSW

Excellent wireless inkjet printer, great for photos

Fast, high quality, wireless printer, just what I need. Once set up, it is easy to use. Setting up the wireless printing is a little tricky, but the manual explains how to do it. I print direct to the printer from my iPhone and iPad!

I bought the printer because I want to print 6x4 photos and it does this very well. The individual ink tanks are great for colour printing and getting the colour right. It has a cassette for A4 paper and duplexer to enable double siding.

I haven't used the Copy, Scan functions, I think I will need to read the manual for that.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Heather Tasked

I have had 5 different models of Canon Pixma printers and have always been able to continue printing even though it says that the ink cartridges were empty, by holding down the stop button for 5 seconds or so. I now have the TS9160 and it absolutely refuses to print even in greyscale because 3 of the cartridges are showing as empty. I printed a nozzle check and all the colours printed out fine even though they are supposed to be empty. Does anyone now if there is a bypass for this. There is still a lot of ink in those "empty" cartridges!

Fred
Fred

When the printer indicates that the cartridges need replacing I have always replaced the cartridges. I do not know anything about a bypass.

Thanks!

june.dennis

june.dennisasked

two sided printing

Badgey1

Get an answer from our members and Canon representatives

CategoryPrinters