CarFlexi

CarFlexi

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for CarFlexi? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2
AndrewF
AndrewFGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seems like a good deal, until things change and then they keep your money

We rented a car through CarFlexi and all seemed fine until Covid forced us to change the dates of our rental. Cancelling was going to cost but transferring didn't, however the next rental they charged a bigger deposit. Again, because of COVID closing boarders we had to change. This time we cancelled and Carflexi kept our entire deposit. What a rip off. Stay with the real rental car companies where you only pay when you get to the counter.

Ripped Off

Do not use them

These guys are not to be trusted.

They have deducted money repeatedly from my credit card for a non-existing booking and now they are not even responding. There is no response to the emails I have sent with the screenshot of the unauthorised transaction

Shocking!

Shocking. Thought it was a scam. Can't get hold of them. Phone number on website was invalid. They took money out of our credit card. No response via email at all.

Nick
Nick

Not what the other reviews make the company out to be

The best way to make sure your booking will not have any issues is to call the service provider, in my case, No birds Sydney, and make sure that your booking is there and there are no issues. We had no issues with Carflexi and will use again

Tony Page
Tony PagePerth, WA

Scam and misleading off shore

Booked a refundable booking and thankfully used PayPal. They are an off shore company and all transactions are accompanied with extensive additional international bank transfer fees that are not covered by PayPal. Finally got my booking cancelled and a portion of the money back from PayPal, but not all of it and not all the bank fees.
DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER USING.

Nikeeta
NikeetaSydney, NSW

SCAM! BEWARE!

Fran H
Fran HAustralian Capital Territory

Scam site

This website is a scam. Price went from $560 to $4200 as soon as you try to book.They are also linked to multiple sites. Do not waste your time or money

Sam
SamMelbourne

Upset, disappointed and ANGRY

We hired a car from carflxi, paid deposit, arrived at Sydney airport, called the office to let them know that we've arrived, the answering machine telling us to wait to be connected to an authorised person, waited for one and a half hour, no shuttle bus came to pick us up, they cancelled our booking claiming we didn't show up, we didn't get our deposit refunded

Find out how CarFlexi compares to other Car Rental Services

Shocking, misleading and a scam

Do not hire through these people. They took a ‘deposit’ yet when I turned up for my car there was no acknowledgement of this deposit and I had to pay the full amount even though I had already paid $88 to this company.
No one will return my calls or respond to my email. The phone gets cut off all the time.
VERY DISAPPOINTING!

Don
DonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Wish I’d checked the reviews first !

I booked a car (admittedly at short notice) through CarFlexi. They were happy to accept my booking (and my money). Arrived at my destination airport and still did not have a confirmation, so rang the hire company direct to find that they had no cars available. I finished up having to go to one of the ‘big 4’ and paying twice what I had been offered. Thankfully paid by PayPal so my money was safe.

Would never go anywhere near their website again.

Hidden additional fee to be paid at the airport

I booked a car with Carflexi online nand paid required fee. At the airport, when picking up the car, it turned out that additional fee was required. The second fee was not mentioned before I made the booking. I used another rental company but never received back the initial payment. Looks like a scam to me...

Fraud in Mexico rental

I was led to believe that the price would include all insurance, when I got to Budget they asked for an extra 35$ a day (more then the cost of the rent) for insurance, when I told them all insurance was paid they just kept with the same.
I ended wasting half a day of my trip to get another car and paying more.
When I asked for a refund for what they charged me they refuse.
Will press charges.
Do not rent from them!!

Jidge
JidgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

A Stressful Terrible Experience

We booked a vehicle for 8am Monday morning, late on Sunday afternoon. My partner's car had broken down and he needed a vehicle for his work week. I took a screen shot of where it said "Your booking is completed" and we thought we would receive an email about where to pick the car up, early the next morning.

We got an email saying that a confirmation would come in the next 12 hours and as that was going to be in the middle of the night, we had to look in the morning. No confirmation email came.

We could see by the email that it was Avis, so we turned up at Avis at 8am, only to find that it was only a request and so had to take a car over $200 dearer. Not only that, Car Flexi withdrew $117.60 and so far haven't returned it.

Double charge

I did a booking with CarFlexi. On the voucher, it is clearly stipulated that the payment must be done at the desk of Alamo. However, they also took the same amount from my credit card. When I ask for the reimbursement, they decline and said that I didn't had to pay at the desk of Alamo. Stay away from them, worst experience ever!

Read more reviews - page 2