Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

AN U.
AN U.South East Queensland, QLD

Needs to be installed correctly

Purchased in May 2021 for $1,234.00.

bob
bobNorthern Region, NSW

Thought I had bought a lemon! Stay away from POWERTEC!

Purchased in February 2021.

Cel fi
Cel fiIllawarra, NSW

Poor quality that just lasts over the 12 months warranty and cannot be repaired.

Should not be on the market as it is of poor quality. Cel-fi has lasted 13 months and has broke down and they said it cannot be repaired. A total waist of the $1500 odd dolars I spent for it.
And they said they would not replace it. Unfortunately there back-up service for this item is a throwaway item just after the 12 months warranty.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,500.00.

Jason
JasonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Info from a Professional Installer

The fact of the matter is a lot of people buys these CelFi Units and install them selves. if you don’t understand how RF works Antenna separation ect. You will never get them to work properly, I have installed many of these devices and the customer has always been happy with the result and I as well. So do your self a favour get a qualified installer to take care of the job for you, and if you have had it installed by professional installer and it’s not working satisfactory go back and demand it to be rectified.

Quinny
QuinnyVictoria

Not what I expected!

Heard I lot about the Cel-Fi Go, and turned out to be disappointed. I had issues from the beginning. I bought the unit from my local Telstra shop in Warrnambool, no backup support once I walked out the door. I had it professionally fitted, but unit failed to deliver!
Turns out, because I have an iPhone X it needs to be dumbed down to 3G to work effectively. Leaves you bewildered to think why they have an ‘auto’ setting in the unit? Leaving me to switch from a 4G setting to a 3G setting on my phone when getting in and out of the car. In this day and age, it seems unthinkable to experience backward software, that can’t determine the most appropriate signal.

Purchased in November 2020 for $950.00.

Works great but NOT when you need it

Purchased in November 2018 at Powertec for $1,100.00.

pissed off
pissed off

Don't waste your money

You need to connect your phone to the unit before going into remote areas....If the phone battery dies or gets turned off and on again when your in a patchy area the phone WILL NOT receive ANY Signal from the Cel-Fi Device so you can not reconnect ......effectively making it USELESS.

Very tricky Marketing for what is essentially a WASTE OF MONEY!!!!!!!

Purchased for $1,000.00.

James
JamesVictoria

Not worth the money to improve the networks poor coverage. Over priced, poor design, poor service.

I bought a 4g and 3G model and have used over 7 years. 3G model fan burned out and never preformed as advertised even with external antenna. 4G model drops out with network, with base unit, and does not support 700mhz? People in rural need 700mhz but nooooo only 1800, 2100, 2600, crazy ripoff

Purchased in May 2012 for $2,980.00.

Think before you buy

Work good in western Queensland when they work
Have 5 at our work and the lot have stoped working
Longest working just under 2 years shortest 3 months
Hard to get them fixed or replaced

Purchased in January 2018 for $1,100.00.

Do not purchase Cel-Fi

Cel-Fi (Telstra) does not work in all areas especially on the Sunshine Coast. I troubleshooted with Powertec who provide this product in Australia for over 8 hours, all a complete waste of my time. Therefore, do not waste your money or time with this product. Now I have to go through the agonizing process of getting a refund all whilst having no improvement with signal.

Purchased in April 2020 at powertec.

Travelling in our van and works can fantastic.

So simple and works. Plugged in aeriels, downloaded Wave app to Reno Oppo and S10. Registered device, synced phones, got 5 bars.
Great product, highly recommend to increase signal.
We wifi to Telstra TV box from phones and hasn't missed a beat. Only have the mini aerial atm.

Purchased in February 2020 for $720.00.

Shaun S.
Shaun S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Works well on 3g. Not much difference on 4g.

I have a car unit that I also unplug and use in a Sorrento beach house
In Sorrento it boosts the 3g signal from 0-1 bar to 3 bars it goes from not being able to make a call to acceptable browsing.
However on 4g anywhere it says it's boosting strength often between 7-9 however makes no difference to the phone still on 1 bar. Can't brows or make reliable phone calls in Sorrento when set to boost 4g.

Purchased in December 2019 at eBay for $900.00.

At last my other devices get signal from my phone

Purchased in January 2020 at Telstra Centro Gympie for $816.00.

T Brown
T BrownMid North Coast, NSW

Average, useful when it works.

Installed Telstra celfi and external aerial probably 1 or 2 years ago. Experienced drop outs straight away after installation. Complained to the distributor within the first week and was told nothing was wrong. Had probably 10 drops outs today alone. Works sometimes. Better than nothing but very frustrating.

Purchased at Fetter comunication for $1,500.00.

Man cave
Man cavePerth, WA

Internal shed usage

I live in a high populated suburb in Perth where the Optus tower signal is very week, many complaints have been made about the tower but the neighbors and i have a very weak signal. 1 bar in the house and 1 to 3 bars outside. I built a 6x6 shed man cave and the tin totally blocked the remaining signal. So i ordered a cel fi unit, i explained my situation to the rep and they sent a box set which was the wrong setup for my situation, so i returned it and got the base model setup. I could not get this to work after several emails i gave up for a awhile. I had a HTC phone which had charging issue and i got a samsung 10 and tried it again and away it went. I know have 4 bars inside my shed. A dam great invention, i totally recommend it.

Purchased in August 2018 for $1,350.00.

Scot À.
Scot À.asked

I’m purchasing cel fi go on Friday
I have Mayb one bar and sos on my mobile my signal used to be 4 g and was like this for ten years I live in butler Perth
I hope your product is going to work
I don’t know why I’m affected Telstra just keep throwing off really they should be paying for this

adrian
adrianasked

Hello . When travelling in remote areas is it better to switch the unit to 3g or leave it on auto to get the best boost of phone signal/data . Thanks

Brett
Brettasked

I purchased the CelFi Go pack from Telstra shop and sales assistant that offered little advice about self install, was actually more keen to sign me up on a plan when I said I would purchase outright.
My install question relates to the donor antenna. What is the recommended way to attach the small antenna to the roof and/or roof rack of my Ford ranger? I can’t find any fixing holes or suggested ways to attach to my vehicle. At this stage I’m thinking either silicone or strong Velcro. Any suggestions?

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives