Cel-Fi PRO

Cel-Fi PRO

See the Best Electronics in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Cel-Fi

4.1
Cel fi
Cel fiIllawarra, NSW

Broken down in 13 months

I purchased the Cel fi pro from powertec and only lasted 13 months with a 12 month warranty. And they said it cannot be repaired and is a throwaway item. Was so upset with this a complete waist of over $1500.
Warning do not purchase this item as its of very poor quilty and service.

Purchased in February 2019 at Powertec for $1,500.00.

Drew
DrewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cel fi junk

I purchased a cel fi pro from Powertec. It worked for 3 years and 1 day just stopped working. It is now not fixable. Warranty is only 2 years and now Powetec want $450 to fix it. Not good enough for something that cost $1300. Waste of money, Chinese junk.

Purchased in April 2017 for $1,300.00.

Russ B.
Russ B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant if the units have an unobstructed radio path, otherwise useless.

Purchased in November 2019 at Telstra for $988.00.

Chris O
Chris OMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worked Instantly - the external antenna is worth buying

I bought the Cell-Fi Pro to boost my Telstra phone signal in my 2 storey town house. I was getting dropped signals and complaints that my voice was breaking up.

I bought this Cell-Fi Pro unit from Powertec and decided to pay a bit more for the external antenna.
The unit arrived in 2 days.

I initially set it up without the external LPDA antenna. It worked as per instructions and I was getting 2 or 3 bars of signal strength, which was an improvement. I then added the external LPDA antenna which gave me 4 or 5 bars within my house. Definitely worth having the antenna. I have the antenna and Network Unit sitting on an upstairs shelf. The Coverage Unit is downstairs in the lounge. It works very well.

Great tech support

With these guys you get a real person on the other end of the line. Very helpful, they go out of their way to solve your problem - highly recommended business.

simply great

I received the Cel-fi 9 months after having no success with another brand, along with very poor support. The contrast of support and actual result is amazing. I now have 5 bars on my phone and no dropouts. Very happy to reccomend Powertec and Cel-fi

Bruiser
BruiserSydney, NSW

Limited Extension of Coverage

These two units have to be too close together within a solidly built house to be of much use. Also, placing the second unit out of sight within a cupboard further limits its use. The main unit should be placed by a window, so it’s impossible to hide it. Basically you need both units out in plain sight relatively close together which limits the solution.

David
DavidBunbury

telstra 4g smart antenna (yagi antenna) usless

Bought one for $1200.00 and didn't do a thing, can only get 1 bar on the antenna & strangely enough from time to time I get 2 bars on my mobile. The telstra mobile tower is approx 3kms away on top of a hill 25 mtrs higher than our home.??
Don't waste your time these are useless and you will spent all day messing around with it, My advise is if you have bad reception, then rally together with your neighbors and contact the ombudsman.
we are 20kms from Bunbury, 3kms from a tower and have little & no coverage - the smart antenna made no difference, (nothing smart about them at all.)
David

Better than expected

TonyP
TonyPSouthwest, VIC

Quick & easy - exactly what I need

With a bluestone office, my phone reception is terrible where I need it most - even though the Telstra tower is only 2km away. Also, the mobile broadband backup unit gets no reception at all in the office. Installed the Cel-Fi with one unit nearest the Telstra tower, the other in the office, within a minute I had 5 bars on the phone. So now have the 'Network Unit' permantently located up in the roofspace. Get full 4GX on the mobile broadband unit too. Nothing to configure, true plug-and-play. Excellent gadget, and the associated app is great too.

Gusto79
Gusto79South East Queensland, QLD

Didn't Work for Me

I tried to set this up,but didn't work well. Interestingly my phone got better reception. I tried various methods from the celfi website to get it work like going through their FAQ and also took this to where I can make phone calls fine without and it didn't work. I also got the antenna up on the roof where phone reception is fine and it didn't work.

Wasted 3-4 hours of my day so ready to return. Possibly a dud unit as it seems good for others. That said review here seem much more positive than when you look at the US amazon reviews. Strange but glad if other got reception fixed!

Mikee Lions
Mikee LionsAU

Perfect Reception Deep in the side of a hill in a dugout.

We have just moved to Coober Pedy in SA. We are living 6 km out in one of their famous dugouts. Phone reception outside 1 bar of 3G. Inside no service at all. We have 3 mobile devices loaded with data and could not use them. Installed a Blackhawk Yagi antenna at about 6 metres up and the Cel-Fi pro units inside and now we have full 5 bar 4G inside. Could not be happier.

Stephen Bradshaw
Stephen BradshawSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product Update

Ryan
RyanOsborne Park

Expensive but worth it!

Really expensive product, was really nervous about the investment, but definitely no regrets now I can use my phone everywhere in the house!

Super easy to set up, just plug in to the wall.

Dennis P
Dennis PSuttontown (just out of Mount Gambier, SA)

The Perfect Answer to Fringe Service Areas