Cel-Fi PRO

Cel-Fi PRO

See the Best Electronics in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Chris O

Chris OMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worked Instantly - the external antenna is worth buying

I bought the Cell-Fi Pro to boost my Telstra phone signal in my 2 storey town house. I was getting dropped signals and complaints that my voice was breaking up.

I bought this Cell-Fi Pro unit from Powertec and decided to pay a bit more for the external antenna.
The unit arrived in 2 days.

I initially set it up without the external LPDA antenna. It worked as per instructions and I was getting 2 or 3 bars of signal strength, which was an improvement. I then added the external LPDA antenna which gave me 4 or 5 bars within my house. Definitely worth having the antenna. I have the antenna and Network Unit sitting on an upstairs shelf. The Coverage Unit is downstairs in the lounge. It works very well.

Great tech support

With these guys you get a real person on the other end of the line. Very helpful, they go out of their way to solve your problem - highly recommended business.

simply great

I received the Cel-fi 9 months after having no success with another brand, along with very poor support. The contrast of support and actual result is amazing. I now have 5 bars on my phone and no dropouts. Very happy to reccomend Powertec and Cel-fi

Bruiser

BruiserSydney, NSW

Limited Extension of Coverage

These two units have to be too close together within a solidly built house to be of much use. Also, placing the second unit out of sight within a cupboard further limits its use. The main unit should be placed by a window, so it’s impossible to hide it. Basically you need both units out in plain sight relatively close together which limits the solution.

David

DavidBunbury

telstra 4g smart antenna (yagi antenna) usless

Bought one for $1200.00 and didn't do a thing, can only get 1 bar on the antenna & strangely enough from time to time I get 2 bars on my mobile. The telstra mobile tower is approx 3kms away on top of a hill 25 mtrs higher than our home.??
Don't waste your time these are useless and you will spent all day messing around with it, My advise is if you have bad reception, then rally together with your neighbors and contact the ombudsman.
we are 20kms from Bunbury, 3kms from a tower and have little & no coverage - the smart antenna made no difference, (nothing smart about them at all.)
David

Better than expected

Quick & easy - exactly what I need

With a bluestone office, my phone reception is terrible where I need it most - even though the Telstra tower is only 2km away. Also, the mobile broadband backup unit gets no reception at all in the office. Installed the Cel-Fi with one unit nearest the Telstra tower, the other in the office, within a minute I had 5 bars on the phone. So now have the 'Network Unit' permantently located up in the roofspace. Get full 4GX on the mobile broadband unit too. Nothing to configure, true plug-and-play. Excellent gadget, and the associated app is great too.

Gusto79

Gusto79Sydney

Didn't Work for Me

I tried to set this up,but didn't work well. Interestingly my phone got better reception. I tried various methods from the celfi website to get it work like going through their FAQ and also took this to where I can make phone calls fine without and it didn't work. I also got the antenna up on the roof where phone reception is fine and it didn't work.

Wasted 3-4 hours of my day so ready to return. Possibly a dud unit as it seems good for others. That said review here seem much more positive than when you look at the US amazon reviews. Strange but glad if other got reception fixed!

Mikee Lions

Mikee LionsAU

Perfect Reception Deep in the side of a hill in a dugout.

We have just moved to Coober Pedy in SA. We are living 6 km out in one of their famous dugouts. Phone reception outside 1 bar of 3G. Inside no service at all. We have 3 mobile devices loaded with data and could not use them. Installed a Blackhawk Yagi antenna at about 6 metres up and the Cel-Fi pro units inside and now we have full 5 bar 4G inside. Could not be happier.

Stephen Bradshaw

Stephen BradshawSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product Update

Ryan

RyanOsborne Park

Expensive but worth it!

Really expensive product, was really nervous about the investment, but definitely no regrets now I can use my phone everywhere in the house!

Super easy to set up, just plug in to the wall.

Dennis P

Dennis PSuttontown (just out of Mount Gambier, SA)

The Perfect Answer to Fringe Service Areas

Julie Sage

Julie SageWODONGA

Perfect Enhancement for lousy Vodafone service

The Cel-Fi has turned a completely dysfunctional Vodafone service into something quite workable. Started with no service or just one bar. After positioning the base unit in the optimum position for our location we now get 4 to 5 bars 4G inside our house. A bit pricey but worth it in the long run.

works perfectly!

We have never had 4G till now an 3G was hard to get but thing of the past now! It was an easy 5 min set up process. 5 stars

JustAntsy

JustAntsyIllawarra, NSW

Immeadiate signal improvement

I purchased the Cel-Fi PRO Telstra Repeater from Powertec Telecommunications in January 2016. I previously had a one-bar Telstra signal, with sporadic coverage (i.e. quite often I'd be perched on the veranda taking/making calls). Ten minutes after unpacking and installing the Cel-Fi PRO, I was enjoying 3 or 4 bar coverage throughout around my property. No more call drop-out since installation. Yay!!!

The Cel-Fi PRO is expensive (given the device's underlying simplicity and technology); however, worth every cent given my home-office arrangements. I happily recommend this product.

BTW Telstra couldn't be bothered suggesting ways to improve my signal strength. No wonder I don't hold shares in that company!

helen

helenSydney

faster faster

So fantastic! Cel Fi Pro boosted all our mobile services including voice, SMS, MMS, Video Talk, Mobile Broadband. This unit has allowed us to have phone & internet with no complicated set up. It just works!! No more frustrations with tentative reception. So grateful that a friend recommended it. Worth the cost

ange

angeAU

All play and no work

Easy to install, good signal. I made time time to set this up and was surprised how easily it was to get a signal.
Telstra should advertise this more because it solved a lot of problems that were mostly unmanageable before hand - good reception good service yippee for me

SKIPPY

SKIPPYSunshine Coast Hinterland, QLD

Simple, effective and very pleasing!

From a fringe rural area, we went from patchy coverage at best of times - to usable voice and data service within minutes. Clear instructions, easy installation, and increased signal = one satisfied user. Thank you and highly recommend your unit. If only Telstra would more readily recommend such solutions -- we could have been happily calling and using data earlier.

Tom

TomAU

Goodbye dropped calls

Working in the Data Centre industry means that a missed call because of poor reception can cause all sorts of trouble from access requests being missed to important phone calls from the boss not getting through. I was amazed and surprised and how well Cel-fi pro works. The base station was able to pick up 3 bars of reception when my phone only getting 2. Once I setup the remote station I was getting a whopping 5 bars on my site in an area that was under a slab of concrete. I highly recommend this product to any professional who needs to ensure their calls get through with the highest quality.

Life and work saver device. Highly recommended!!

We are located close to the Cobaw state Forrest which limits my use to the internet to take on after hour support calls, work from home or even check up on any bushfires that occour over summer. After many complaints to Telstra about the lack of service in the area and hoping for improvements, nothing was being done to resolve the matter. Instead, I was suggested by a workmate to purchase and test the Cel-Fi Pro. The end result was simply amazing and very satisfying to have better signal and coverage indoors that was previously non existent. Keep up the great work Cel-Fi. I would recommend everyone.to purchase this product if you experience Telco coverage issues

Tom

Tomasked

Can you tell me? I recently went through the whole process with cel fi with telstra and did not have success.I have recently switched over to optus and have had success gaining reception outdoors. If i stand on the roof i get 2 bars of 4g and then inside i have nothing. I am wondering is there any solution to my problem? I want to bounce the signal from my roof to inside the house.

Michael Taylor
Michael Taylor

After absolute failure, including causing demonstrable interference to the local Telstra network, I had to cut my losses @ over $700 and invest in the Cel Fi product with instant success. I went from 1 to 2 bars upstairs to a now. Constant 4 to 5 bars throughout the property. I am with Telstra, have been for many years, and would not change (Telstra Business). when initially investigating I chose a cheaper option which ended up costing almost twice as much. Cel-Fi for me was like gold dust! Could not be more content

Gav W.

This is quite simple....you have the same problem as me....you need an external Yagi antenna which will gain the all important signal and make the CeloFi sing a full 5 bars

Tom P

Tom Pasked

Have had a cel-fi for Telstra for 2 years works very well. Vodafone has now built a tower which is much closer. Can I use my existing unit for Vodafone or do I have to buy a new unit. Cheers

Gav W.

Umm...simply...NO....carriers very strict about this...Get an external Yagi antenna and presto...signal will be awesome!

albyaaronasked

why is your product so exorbitantly expensive? i purchased a repeater that works excellent and costs $135 with 5 year warranty all i did was activated "field test mode" or "service mode" on my phone which tells me which band im using then with that knowledge i searched for a product with that specification and thats it...

TonyP
TonyP

Probably because the Cel-Fi is legal.... and works plug-n-play. You'll want to be careful with your repeater, my understanding is that Cel-Fi is the ONLY legal repeater/booster in Australia. Check that, obviously, but you'll find plenty of warnings if you run a Google search. For example, see https://www.telcoantennas.com.au/site/3g-next-g-4g-repeaters-sale-australia

albyaaron

oh yeah i didnt realise the product must be tested in the australian environment so it doesnt interfere with any other infrastrusture and your product most likley has been tested. but that price tag is way out of my reach can you offer a layby service?

Get an answer from our members and Cel-Fi representatives

CategoryElectronics