Citibank Plus

Citibank Plus

See the Best Transaction Accounts in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Citibank

Krys
KrysGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unreliable, second time attempting to open account in last two years

Dianne
Dianne

5 to 7 days for card - not received

I was told 5 to 7 days to receive my card, today is working day 8 and besides receiving an initial email from Citibank saying they were processing my Citibank Plus account, no other communication has been received. I rang them today and they told me they emailed the processing team and they will receive a response from them tomorrow and ring me. I think this is appalling to tell someone 5 to 7 days probably earier to receive card and day 8 my application has not even been proceesed.

dvf
dvfSydney, NSW

No more counter bank cheques!

In the name of 'digitisation' you request it online and they put it in the post! Progress eh? Time to change to a bank that at least has branches - what a depressing thought!

J L
J Lsydney

Warning daily limit applies, use with caution, only deposit 1k when travelling.

maddy.akkineni
maddy.akkineni

Just don't bother....

Dont ever get an account with these morons if you ever plan to move abroad ... the sheer foolishness involved in their 'process' is astounding. I just moved back to Australia and wanted to log in to my account and was being sent an OTP to my number in a different country. Contact the customer service and then was asked for "mothers maiden name" "address" "passport no" "phone no" and then to list the name of a payee and it was at this stage that iIcould no longer take it....

The worst part.... U have to go through this every time you travel !!!!

Do not waste your time with this bank coz the morons running this business havent got a clue and the customer service geniuses probably cant even spell their role

Mia
MiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Horrible customer service

I signed up for this card to take overseas, have not yet left for my trip but have already had to call Citibank 5 times and speak to a customer service officer - none so far have been helpful and all contradict what the previous one has said. They will lock you out of your account and will not notify you of it forcing you to call and wait to be put through to an incompetent customer service advisor

Tom
TomSouth East Queensland, QLD

Debit mastercard fantastic for overseas travel

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019

citibank global currency account

angus
angus

Best option for travelling

Fee free travelling saved us heaps on our holidays and can just be used to paywave as well. When you look at all the options its the best out there by far.

So not fall for this card being better than prepaid travel card

I foolishly listen to people talking about citibank in online forums, think about it before you apply for one of these.

It cannot be used in a lot of countries , exchange to the foreign cash to the country/s or foreign prepaid travel card you are going to , much better and cheaper alternative

martind57
martind57Mid North Coast, NSW

Much better than travel money cards

Whenever I travel overseas this is my go-to cash card. It's a debit card so using my own money. No fee for using as a Visa card, and best of all no fee for cash advances except if ATM operator charges a fee. Amount debited is anyways within a dollar of my conversion app. Only downside is the Citibank app isn't great, slow to load and can be fussy to log on when overseas.

Edited:
Citibank app now works flawlessly.

Natalia
NataliaMelbourne

Failed miserably. I got my card and requested another one for my husband, more than a month

Supervisor [name removed] was absolutely useless, staff have got no idea what they are doing. Information provided by one staff contradicts to information they provided me with previously. One stated that application can be emailed, other was in complete denial. Promised to call me on many occasions-never did.
I decided that I will transfer my money elsewhere. The entire department has got no idea what they are doing.
Ridiculous situation, sick of their inconsistencies and plain lies!!!

Rose
RoseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too hard

I got this card to primarily use overseas. The rates and fees made it very attractive. However, it was not explained that you can’t advise them that you are travelling overseas before you leave. If they detect unusual transactions, they contact you via mobile phone and suspend your account until they can. I am not taking my mobile overseas due to prohibitive roaming charges. This card won’t work for me. Other Australian banks let you advise them before you leave. The last thing I need is no access to my money when I am travelling. I only wanted to withdraw funds at ATM

Tony
TonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

First impression failed...

DKDC
DKDCasked

Hi,

I've just added a new payee (my BOQ account) on the app, and it shows as "pending". How long does it take before I can make a payment to this new payee?

Nick
Nickasked

I'm travelling to Greece, I have a global currency account in euros, will I be charged any fees if I withdraw from ATM or make purchases in store?

Mummamia
Mummamiaasked

Hi. Just signed up for a citibank debit for traveling to the UK, Europe, Turkey and Morocco. The site states they have extensive ATMs worldwide. So far I can only find 4 ATMs in London and 0 in other cities/countries. Does it need to be a citibank atm for no withdrawal fees? Or do Citibank not charge for most ATMs? I understand some ATMs do charge their own fees which is outside Citibanks control. Thanks

kezza
kezza

You are correct very hard to find this information, from what I can find it seems to be from any ATM displaying the CIRRUS®, MAESTRO® And mastercard which I find a bit odd considering it is a visa? This is from the U.S. Citibank site since the AUS site is hopeless.

I did get a brochure when I got my card, unfortunately I cannot find it now. If I find it I will post the details.

alisong
alisong

How did you go with answers to your question? I am travelling to India next month and there seem to be only 2 ATMs in the area I am travelling in. Were Cirrus and Maestro ATMs accessible at no cost? Thanks.

Ashley.A
Ashley.A

I found this on the site: With a Citibank Plus account, enjoy fee free ATM withdrawals at all Citibank ATMs worldwide.

Get an answer from our members and Citibank representatives

CategoryTransaction Accounts
Eligibility Everyone
Monthly Fee$0
Foreign Transaction Fee 0%
Standard Variable Rate 0% p.a.
Card TypeMastercard
Benefits & Offers
  • Through the Citibank Dining Program, Citi customers can enjoy a free bottle of wine every time they dine at partner restaurants and pay using their Citi debit or credit card.

• Pay no account keeping fees, Citi transaction fees, or funds transfer fees with a Citibank Plus Account.