Cocoonababy Nest

Cocoonababy Nest

3.8

Beth S.

Beth S.Sydney, NSW

Gave my baby a flat head! Do not buy!

I purchased the Cocoonababy Nest For my 3 week old as the website said it would help with reflex and prevent a flat head. After 7 weeks in the nest, my baby has developed a flat head and is now unable to turn her head freely. After trying to get advice from the Cocoonababy team, I was told to give my baby more tummy time! My baby was already getting enough tummy time 3-4 times per day. This was a patronising and unsympathetic response from Cocoonababy, especially to a first time mum. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT!

Purchased in April 2020 at Cocoonababy for A$220.00.

This helped me get some sleep!

We bought the Cocoonababy when our baby was just a few days old and refused to sleep anywhere except on our chests. She also thrashed around when swaddled and would scream her lungs out in the bassinet. The Cocoonababy worked like a charm and she’s now 8 weeks old and loves sleeping in it day and night. I recognise that this mattress is not Red Nose approved, however some products are a (very slight) risk worth taking in order to get sleep and be able to function as a human being and parent. I would encourage parents to read the info on the Cocoonababy website. For is it has been a sleep saver and I feel confident that she’s safe and secure.

Purchased in February 2020 at Baby Bunting for A$299.00.

A.tothGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great value for money

I couldn’t have gone without it. The baby was able to sleep on the dinning table while we had dinner.
We were also take it to numerous houses (parents/holiday home etc) the baby forever slept in complete comfort.
Great value for money. Highly recommended.

Purchased in June 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$250.00.

Mike R.

Mike R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It helps when you need it

The cocoonababy definitely provides the help required for bubs to sleep and or feel comfortable / cuddled while sleeping.
We had some issues with baby sleeping during the day for longer than 30min, so we got the cocoonababy and it’s helped.

It fits quite well / snug in baby’s bassinet.

In terms of safety I don’t see an issue, along with all things use common sense and always supervise or have bubs supervised by either technology or your own eyes whenever you can.

Purchased in November 2019.

Andreavl

AndreavlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this bed - lifesaver

This bed has been a lifesaver! My baby is super clingy and could actually get some sleep in this bed. We had her sleeping between us in our king size bed but was great knowing she was safe in her own space. Well worth the money!

Purchased in September 2019 at Catch for A$270.00.

Kim

KimSydney Surrounds, NSW

SIDS for Kids (now known as Red Nose) don't recommend

Red Nose ( prevously known as Sids for Kids) do not recommend this product or anything similar due to SIDS concerns, they still say the safest is still just a flat firm mattress that isnt inclined.
Will be immediately returning product

Purchased in October 2019.

rosepaterson30

rosepaterson30South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely worth every cent

We bought this after a few recommendations before baby was born.
It was probably the best thing we purchased for our baby. We travelled a lot and it was so convenient to take anywhere. My son slept so well on it, and we could move it onto the lounge for day naps. I loved that we didn’t have to swaddle him for sleep in it as he felt comforted. I highly recommend it to anyone before their bub is born. Fits in the bassinet. I was sad when it was time for him to transition out.

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting for A$299.00.

MCMC

MCMCSYDNEY

Not a good product

We bought this for our daughter to make sure she doesn't get a flat head. I liked the strap it gave me piece of mind knowing she couldn't get out or roll over. Unfortunately our daughter got really bad flat head with her head actually going upwards despite her moving her head on it. Not worth the money honestly. It certainly doesn't prevent flat head like it advertises.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$300.00.

Brent D

Brent D

Works like a charm and gives you peace of mind

We have had this for weeks and take it to our parents any time we might stay over, our little girl is very strong so the belly strap gives us peace of mind that she wont roll.

Purchased in May 2019 for A$300.00.

Karma L.

Karma L.Mid North Coast, NSW

Absolutely love this bed

My son slept in this sleep aid from day 1 up until 8mths old, it was only when he started to turn on his side inside the belly strap that we reluctantly knew it was time to put it away. This aided in sound sleep with no reflux and was invaluable in taking it where we went so much so we bought 2 meaning he could nap anywhere we were on his little nest. I highly recommend this to mothers however as with Any thing always watch your babies

Purchased in August 2017 for A$110.00.

Fiona

FionaSydney

Money well spent, highly recommend!

My little guy was born early at 37 weeks and was a total snugglepot, esp at night would only sleep on me. After a few weeks of research I bought this and from the first night he loves it and sleeps for hours. It’s great for settling him in it too, rather than picking him up each time. I was skeptical at first, but could not be happier. As for SIDS - no product is SIDS safe. Even if you have them on their back with no blankets etc there’s still a risk. He certainly can’t roll to the side in this, in the first 3 months. My dr’s midwife also says this is a fantastically designed and made product.

Tina M

Tina MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not as good as I thought it would be

I purchased the cocoonababy online to use for my twins. They didn't like it. I started using it at 6 week mark. I think because they were so use to sleeping in a cot this was different to what they were use to. I just sat them in it when they were awake then they would squirm after a while wanting to be taken out. I wouldn't buy it again. Just stick to conventional sleeping methods, bassinet or cot.

Jo MCH nurse

Jo MCH nurseMelbourne

Not SIDS safe at all!

As a health professional that works with new parents I questioned the Cocoona baby online about the safety of this sleeping device and about them posting that it is used in Melbourne hospitals. They told me it was used at Cabrini and RCH. I then asked some ex colleagues that work in these hospitals and they assured me that the Cocoona baby was definitely not used in these hospitals. I then questioned Cocoona baby online about this and they suddenly blocked me!

AK1

AK1sydney

One of the best mattresses you can buy for your baby

mambelles

mambellesAU

Totally recommend!

We bought two of these for our twin girls and from day one they slept like angels in them. Honestly I don't know what we would have done without these beds. They are safe and SIDS approved!! They are a total must have for twins or babies with reflux. One of our twins had terrible reflux and would only sleep in her Cocoonababy bed, anywhere else and she'd wake up choking.
Definite worth spending the extra money on these, I don't know what we'll do when they grow out of them.

Kerin

Kerin

Cocoonababy is excellent, my daughter slept through the night from 4 weeks old!

My parents bought this for us while I was pregnant. We weren't sure we would use it but when our daughter arrived I popped her in it the first night and she snuggled in. She absolutely loved it. From 4 weeks old she slept through the night and seemed to realise that once she was in the cocoon it was 'big' sleep time.
At 12 weeks old our daughter got a cold and the doctor recommended she not be placed flat on her back. Not sure how parents would safely put baby to bed with that advice, but for us it was easy, just pop her in the cocoon!
It is quite expensive, however, as a new parent having the baby sleep through the night is priceless!

Hmayer

HmayerSydney

Excellent!

I recently purchased this to get my 5 week old to sleep in her bassinet. She always wanted to sleep in her bouncer. As soon as I bought this she is now sleeping in her bassinet! I wish I came across this when she was first born. Marie is very nice to deal with and went out of her way to get the cocoonababy to me ASAP. Would recommend to a friend.
Like a cocoon