Coles Express

Store LocationGardenvale

Cherrie dalby

Cherrie dalby

Rip offs

Petrol is always 30 cents dearer at the belmont south and belmont Coles petrol stations for E10 petrol and other petrol than any other Coles petrol stations in Newcastle why is this it has been like this for over a year

Store LocationNone to dear
Balthazar

Balthazar

Overpriced but friendly staff

Shop and pumps are clean and well-maintained. Fuel and in-store products are, however, over-priced.

Coles online shows Tic Tacs Orange at $1.80 per 24g pack, so I grabbed 3 packs at the register. When they scanned at $3.20 per pack, I put 2 back. Almost double the price of the supermarket.

Store LocationPakenham

Rickster

RicksterPerth, WA

Just a Scam

Coles express offering 6c off through flybuys. Even with the further 4c off from a shopping voucher they’re still 11c more expensive than a nearby petrol station. Been the same for years.
Not sure why anyone would ever use Coles fuel. The epitome of price gouging. Such an unbelievable scam. No wonder Woolworths is killing them in every facet of business. Great way to treat your customers.

vhc

vhcSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive fuel

Coles Express fuel for approximately the past 2 years has become expensive and clearly they are shafting the punters with their uncompetitive prices. Unless one gets a 24c discount voucher stay away. The mind boggles how Coles Express Management think are serious competition in today’s fuel market. The association with Viva Energy is a disaster and I feel sorry for the staff trying to run their stores.

Store LocationMiami & Gold Coast sites generally

Mel

MelPerth, WA

Always friendly

Every time I go to coles express the pump area is tidy and well maintained and as you enter the store it’s always clean well structured and staff always so friendly and efficient

Store LocationHaynes coles express

Chelleid

ChelleidTasmania

Hopeless. Do not shop here.

Hopeless. Do not shop here. Poor customer service and lack of customer service!!!! Disgusted.Hopeless. They do not care one iota about the customer so long as they are racking in the dollars.

Store LocationWellington Street

joeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pool Fuel Quality

Bought 98 fuel for my car, after filling up found car was breaking down under acceleration and running on. These are typical symptoms of using lower octane fuel. Called Coles complaints and advised them, after a week called again to be advised still no reply. Lady said I should call THEM if I still have not had reply in another week. is this customer service or a brush off.

joe

After 3 weeks of emails going back and forth, coles fuel state that nothing wrong with fuel, but refuse to supply documentation.

Sunday RoseAnn

Sunday RoseAnnMELBOURNE

Robbing From Clients For High Petrol Prices For The “Little Shop 2” Giveaway Promotions...

Store LocationColes EXPRESS NUNAWADING VIC 3131

Zebra wash

This is the state my car finished in after a brush free wash. Was hoping for a cleaner result. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this. Oh well back to washing it at home i suppose

Store LocationHoppers crossing

rubbish car wash

paid the $20 for a platinum car wash today and was not happy with the result. car was not that dirty to start with. when i got home i had to rewash again to get all the bits missed. wont be using again...

Store Locationshell casurina, western australia.

Rude and useless staff

Staff unable to apply efficient problem solving procedures. Wouldn't honour a valid discount voucher because cashier thought about it too late..even though it was shown to her. Said she was unable to void the sale to rectify her mistake.

Store LocationMahomets Flats, Geraldton WA

Nic

NicCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Staff possibly refusing 4c vouchers and charging full price - Belconnen

The staff member says the docket won’t scan (the docket that has just been printed at food shop that morning). Screws it up and charges the full cost of the fuel. When I request he correct it - hesays he doesn’t know how. So that’s that, no apologies and no admission that he made a mistake. I don’t go to Dickson as their service is poor - but now it is the same elsewhere.

Darryn

DarrynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Always the most expensive petrol

Coles express is always more expensive than service stations around, even those located directly across the road from them. The 4c dockets are a joke because they still don’t bring the price below their competitors. Such a ridiculous petrol station.

Shane kelly

Shane kellySouth East Queensland, QLD

Getting told to get f#$%ed at Coles express Albany creek

When I handed my shopper docket to the staff member,a large east Asian man with very dark skin, shook his head and made faces at my docket. I asked him why th attitude and he proceeded to tell me that he needs the docket to be pristine so that he can scan it. It got quite heated and ended with the man telling me to f%$# off. This was at Albany creek coles express at Aprox 540 pm on Friday 12 April. I'll be writing emails to Mike Cain and everybody else that I can think of.

Staff admits Coles car wash doesn’t clean your car!

Guys, first of all, you have to wait 7 minutes for a car to be washed x number of cars are waiting.

Ok so after my wash last night at Rocklea Coles Car Wash , I still saw bird poo on my car. I then walked into the shop and told the staff then there was still plenty of mess on my car. The staff [name removed] explained to me that the car wash could only do what it would do and wouldn’t clean my car 100%. He was not happy to offer a refund or re-wash. Lesson learnt guys. Never go to Coles car wash with a dirty car because you expect your car to be cleaned. They will take your money and tell you that you shouldn’t have come if you want your car cleaned.

Absolutely hopeless don't even bother trying to get a pie from Coles express your best bet is try 7/11

I am now over this don't even bother trying to get a pie from most coles.
Express stores they are lazy who are vegetarian and dont restock when empty. l went to 3 Coles express out of stock and they talk crap as well best option try 7/11 l even called there customer complaints no and was told a very good crap story.

Natasha

NatashaPerth, WA

Car wash Wembley

Car wash itself is good, if you can get in! Queue is always very long (at least 30/40 min wait). They sell “two wash” vouchers which are only a little more expensive than the single wash. Not worth it. You are lucky if you have time to wait for one wash, let alone two. The vouchers have a short expiry (is this even legal these days?) If you buy a wash - just go for a single voucher.

Gitte

GitteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Most expensive

Coles Clyde petrol station is the most expensive petrol around while all the other petrol stations are at 114.9 to115.9 Coles Clyde is at 143.9 it's absolutely ridiculous. I have noticed this since they have opened up as I drive a lot to Tooradin and Cranbourne East and west, north. You are ripping people off same on you!!!

Deb

Debasked

Can I use the card for food or just petrol?

Alsie
Alsie

Do you mean the Flybuys card? Or a Shell card?

fred f
fred f

Yes you can use any credit or debit card

tonyasked

I paid for 2 car washes for my vehicle ($20). When I went to use the second wash my voucher had expired by a couple of weeks. I went in to the store and was told 'too bad' you need to buy another voucher!!! This had happened to me earlier in the year and the person working in the store at the time told me that if at anytime my voucher had expired, to just bring it in and he would sort it out - you can imagine my annoyance when the store person (not the same as the previous person) pretty much told me that under no circumstance would he give me what I had paid for!! I called to customer care contact center and they told me they would get back to me within a week - this was for a $10 car wash!!! and yes - I have not heard from anyone - what I am annoyed about is not the $10 but the principal that I had been told previously that they would honor the voucher, and now I was told no - is there anything I can do???

GUY Ashley
GUY Ashley

Ring consumer affairs

Not much you can do. Person who honoured your expired car wash voucher doing you a favour out of the goodness of his heart. You got lucky that day and can't expect the servo to help you every time you have an expired voucher.

You probably also have not heard back from the call centre as it is a difficult to tell a customer bad news. Would you prefer not to hear from them, or would you prefer to hear from them saying they do not honour expired vouchers?

If you had, say, a Westfield gift card, with a positive balance on it and it had expired. You then cannot use it, nor will you get a refund for the balance. The onus is on you to use it.

I did the same once. Bought a 2 wash voucher on promotion and did not use the second one within the stipulated period. I lost out. Use it or lose it. Bad luck to me. I never bought another promoted 2 wash voucher unless I was 110% certain I could use it within stipulated the time limits.

There you go. Sorry to be a bearer of bad tidings.

tony

Good news - the Regional manager for Coles Express - Riverton WA, contacted me and honored the voucher - I agree its a use it or lose it, but the reason I was not too concerned about the expiry date was that I had been advised by the guy behind the counter that it was ok and that in future all I had to do was to bring it in and they would extend. Anyhow, I was very impressed for firstly receiving a call from Coles Express and secondly the voucher being honored. I wont be making the same mistake again, but will certainly go back there again given the way it was handled by the Regional manager

Blackcruiser

Blackcruiserasked

Can anybody tell me why coles/shell fuel is so expensive, everywhere? In our local town coles is 12c dearer than a std caltex servo. Coles express is always empty. This is a very strange wssy to operate a business. We don't even shop at coles anymore as the 4c discount is un usable. Interested in your comments.

alwaysredpl
alwaysredpl

Hi, It does not stop us from shopping at Coles, but my whole family (3 vehicles) have stopped filling fuel at Coles Express as the prices are no longer competitive. They continue to email various offers to us to attend but we all refuse to fill at their stations. I have been told that they have issues with their distributor. Its a free market, if they fail to be competitive they will eventually sell their fuel business at a loss like Wollies did.

eatwell365
eatwell365

Because they can. Coles fuel is solely supplied by Viva Energy once owned by Dutch owned Vitol now IPOed. Guess someone in Coles signed a rotten deal which is way more expensive than the market.

Andrew D
Andrew D

While everybody is focused on the Big Banks and Royal Commission, the supermarket oligopoly is laughing all the way to the bank with their market power especially on fuels. Boycott Coles Express!!

Get an answer from our members and Coles representatives