Cyclone Tools

Disappointing quality from Cyclone

Marshall

MarshallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cyclone Weeder - (short term review but) so far works well

Caveat .. I haven't had it for long so I can't comment on any quality issues.

I bought this along with an el-cheapo version that looks very similar (but was half the price) from Bunnings.

The Cyclone weeder works exceptionally well and feels balanced in use. It requires usually only the one placement to get the weed out.

The cheaper version I thought would duplicate it turned out to be much less able. Specifically it twists in use, and it doesn't have enough leverage to lift the weed out without multiple repositions. It's not much better than using a trowel for the same job.

Some tools just feel right and just work as they should. The el-cheapo version made me realise that the Cyclone model is one of those that "just work".

Tanya W.

Tanya W.

Decline in Product Quality - Stainless Steel Cyclone Bulb Trowel

Saccam

SaccamNorth Queensland, QLD

Soft as Butter

Bought a Cyclone Crow Bar and started using it to lift 30 mm concrete to pick up by hand and put in a trailer after the first couple I noticed a curve in the lower end of the bar I thought I must have bought it like that and proceeded to complete my task. I lifted a couple more and looked at the bar and sure enough it was bent further , what happened to the steel it was like butter. So disappointed at the quality of a company I have relied on for all my out door products. Looks like a rethink on that.

Shame the dodgy tradies

Shame the dodgy tradiesPerth, WA

These guys still make great quality tools. Great to see in this throw away society.
I just hope they keep on doing the same quality stuff and not succumb for the cheap imported rubbish.

Seagull

SeagullQueensland

Steel Blade is Not Steel

The heavy duty anbil loppers blade snapped and I cant find a spare either so rang and got how old are they I don't know how old they are who bothers with birthdays for a stupid tool, anyway they say they are steel blades well if they were steel they would bend not snap so they are notsteel blades they must be cast iron blades because that's what snaps, lying to us or they just have no idea what they are made from and just guess plus they are probably made in china anyway. Steel does not snap it bends and can be straightened. How useless to not provide spare blades. Help us fight fake reviews, well cyclone should stop gibing fake reviews of what their tools are made from.

jezza,b

jezza,bKimberley, WA

Made in china

Bought a new rake thinking its a good old aussie brand, thought the handle looked a bit cheap, get it home and see made in china on the handle.
Might as well buy a cheap brand

AlbertSol

AlbertSolGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Customer Service and Warranty

A couple of years ago I bought a Cyclone Aussie made shovel from Bunnings. Within 6 months it started developing and crack in the steel section. I took it back to Bunnings but they asked for the receipt, which i no longer had. Over time, the crack grew. I decided to contact Cyclone the other day and advise them of the situation -- they immediately emailed back stating they would honor the warranty and to take the shovel back to Bunnings with their email to swap over. A great Aussie business with excellent customer support.

Anon Y.

Anon Y.Canberra 2600, ACT

Outstanding quality and customer service

Great spade, used for 10 years without an issue. Then moved to Canberra and the clay soils resulted in a snapped handle. No receipt but no issue with replacement under lifetime warranty. Unbelievable! Cyclone you've created a fanboi!!

Gtzee

Gtzee

Cyclone 2KG Supersplitter -- wood splitting axe. Surprisingly high-quality at fraction of price of Euro equivalents.

A1 Customer service

I had a problem with a Cyclone metal rake- the handle broke through a natural fault inside the timber which could not have been anticipated. I received really impressive customer service. Good quality tools with great backup. Karen

will

willSouth East Queensland, QLD

blade broke

A blade broke on a pair of 6 month old loppers I asked for a new blade under warrant ( lifetime)
Their answer- Unfortunately that model is discontinued and we don’t have any more replacement blades for them.- so how can you service lifetime warranty. they also told me "There may be another brand that makes them or you could replace with the bypass style loppers we sell in Bunnings."
After posing the question they the responded with -Snapped blades are caused by user error or wear and tear.
I replied with- a manufacturing fault can appear in any item , so your comment is not correct
Seems the cyclone as getting like the rest as they used to be pro active
They'll only get my hard earned $$$ once not twice

paul miller

paul millerSebastopol

Cheaply made. Broke within a week. Poor quality wood used for shaft.

I bought a half moon lawn edger. Looks much like a shovel. Shaft compltely splintered split and shattered at the base where it joined the metal part when applying minimal force. In fact the way it broke looked like it was not even a solid piece of wood. Got a refund but honestly this is so cheaply made and light weight. Keep your invoice. You might need it. And their website does not even load.

OCP

OCPPerth

Buy once and never replace

Good quality tools made the way they should be.

Hopefully they retain the quality and customer service and won't go down the cheap disposable Chinese rubbish that is flooding the market.

I also had a faulty lawn aerator which was welded bent, and they were extremely helpful. Thanks. Will buy again.

AndyR

AndyRMelbourne

CYCLONE Tools : Service in a world where service no longer exists

I bought a Cyclone Heavy Duty Ratchet Lopper a number of years ago. I have to admit I tend to push them to the limit cutting anything up to 50mm diameter. The other day I managed to take a chunk out of the blade when I was cutting some dry branches. I checked on line looking for replacement blades; Nothing to be found!!!

I contacted Cyclone via their website to see where I could buy a new blade. I got a quick response asking me to send photos of the lopper so they could identify what blade I needed. No talk of cost. I sent them the photos.

Within 3 days I had a new blade - No charge / no cost / no questions about having the receipt!

Do yourself a favour and buy CYCLONE tools. They have won me over!

newbee

newbeeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Gold Standard for Garden Tools

Cyclone tools are a staple in my family with my dad and grand farther insisting on buying Australian made. Many years ago (roughly ten years) I bought a standard post hole shovel. I am no landscaper so this is just a general household tool for camping and gardening. I have not seen any cyclone product fail. After ten years of service, I found a hairline crack in the steel neck of the shovel. I thought it was worth a shot to claim the warranty.

Sent in an email, and received a reply the following morning. I replied with a photo of the crack and without hesitation, and a replacement was posted to me.

You will only find green garden tools in my shed.

Max

MaxPerth

Disappointed-Dutch Hoe Product Code: 632402

Disappointed-not good enough in my opinion.
Bought one of these the other day at a retailer and after 5 minutes use steel head loosened. It's no wonder-poor design-one ! (ungalvanised !) screw through head into very light duty timber handle which wouldn't take much to break. One screw ! They're joking surely-and not even galvanised-beggars belief given their past history and reputation. What's happened ?-perhaps they're being run by the bean counters now like many others to save a few cents on an extra screw and some galvanising. Won't do their reputation much good methinks

Captain

CaptainSydney

I had a pair of pruners that unexpectedly fell apart during use after only a couple of years. I contacted the manufacturer and sent in some photos; without hesitation they replaced them with a top of the range pruner. Really impressive Cyclone, I will buy your products again and recommend you to others.

Peter3963

Peter3963South East Queensland, QLD

Product service

Some years ago I purchased a pair of Hedge Clippers (shears) made in Australia Cyclone branded, which have performed very well until the main rivet failed a few weeks ago. I remembered that the product claimed a "lifetime Warranty"
On contacting Cyclone, the requested a photo of the failure, and one inspected, supplied free of cost a replacement product.

This is excellent service & PR by Cyclone & I would highly recommend their products which are available at most good hardware stores.