Dan Murphy's

Worst online ordering experience ever

At about 6:30pm, I selected for my order to be delivered within 2 hours. About 15 minutes after the deadline had passed, I called customer service (which I was on hold for several minutes). The person on the phone was nice but said that the store I ordered from was still waiting on a delivery driver, despite being about to close at 9pm. I ended up cancelling the order. The store should have contacted me prior to the 2 hour deadline, to advise that they had no delivery driver available. This ruined my Friday night.

Todd

ToddIllawarra, NSW

Refused to cancel my ebay order

I placed an order online through ebay f or dan murphys by mistake. I requested to cancel the order 2 minutes later through ebay and dan murphys have informed ebay they can no longer cancel the order with no explanation. This is so unfair considering I placed a second order correctly. So much for my patronage. Won't be buying from them ever again. All about MONEY not common sense or discretion JOKE.

Poor delivery service

Delivery times are very difficult and delivery service company is not very flexible. They have attempted delivery 3 times but not at times that I could be available (as I explained via e-mail and on phone). I have finally spoken to someone and requested that they send my delivery (a gift sent to me from someone) to a local store and I will pick it up. I am waiting to hear back if this will happen but it has been a ridiculous challenge to just receive a present.

Paul D.

Paul D.Sydney, NSW

Not delivered

Easily placed an online order via the Dan Murphy’s app. Was given updates on delivery with a four hour window which seems excessive. Anyway waited at home and eventually saw a sms message 30 mins after an attempted delivery? I was at home and had my phone on. If there was a knock and I didn’t hear it , wouldn’t you just call and text and say you are there?
What a waste of a morning. Will never order a delivery again.

Carolyn

CarolynSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

16 days and still waiting for delivery

I ordered 12 bottles of wine on 1 April 2021. A delivery arrived on 12 April, 11 days later; it was the wrong wine. I rang and advised Dan Murphy's about the mistake and was told that the correct wine would arrive in "maybe 2 or 3 days". I also sent an email complaint to Dan Murphy's. On 16 April, four days later, I still had not heard from Dan Murphy's either about the delivery of the correct wine or from the Complaints area. I rang to cancel my order. Had to wait on the phone while pick-up of the incorrect wine was arranged before my refund was processed. Was told this was policy. Did not receive a word of apology for any of this shemozzle.

Tomasz

TomaszPerth, WA

Rubbish service

One star too much, you have to take time off work too get parcel !!!! Zero communication , phone or address depo anonymouse .Very poor customer service

den

denSydney, NSW

Terrible customer service

Recently visited Dan Murphy at Hurstville, staff were super rude, lack of knowledge of product.. I am disappointed.,stay away from this store especially...

Bill

Bill

Did not get what we ordered and paid for

The fact we did not get what we ordered!
Fact we are still waiting for collection and then refund very tardy performance
Been nearly 2 months since this started
Dont trust there process so probably will not by online again

Dave Reddy

Dave ReddyNorth Queensland, QLD

Complaint

I have been a long time customer. Staff are wonderful. On my recent visit to Bayswaters store I was informed that Bitburger 00 is being discontinued. I am disappointed as in my opinion it is the best of the No ALC0HOL beers. I don't only shop for this but for other drinks for my wife & family. Yours disappointed customer.

Store LocationBayswater Qld

Richard

RichardSydney, NSW

Good bye

Shelving price and till price $7.00 in favour of store I did complain about it at the time ,,and emailed when I got home but not good enough,,,,,the store is full of staff check the bloody computers good bye

Absolutely terrible

I have ordered a delivery online more than 2 weeks ago and still have not received the bulk of it. Called and was put on hold multiple times. Tracking is not helpful. Do not use this SERVICE!!!!!

Warwick R.

Warwick R.

Delivery delayed

Transaction date
30/03/2021 11:02:26 GMT+10:00 One box of beer dispatched 1/4/2021 driver delayed new delivery date 6/4/2022 not good enough won’t use online service from Dan Murphy’s again.

Peter

PeterSydney, NSW

Misleading pricing structure

Cannot understand how checking the price on Dan Murphy's website at 8am this morning for a case of James Boag's premium lager, it stated it was $45.90. I then proceeded to order a Woolworths E Gift Card, the time lapse being 9 mins. I then returned to the website to order, and once attempting to place the order, price jumped from $45.90 to $48.90, naturally I did not go ahead and order. I then went to Dan Murphys at Caringbah, where the instore price for James Boag's lager was $50.90. How disappointing to be a member of Dan Murphy's

Impossible to correct THEIR mistake.

Ordered online, paid for delivery, received wrong order. Spent a whole morning trying to contact them online , find a number to ring. Finally after an hour, the phone was answered. Next day someone came to pick up the incorrect delivery, but NO replacement. The pickup person like Manuel "knew nothing" Went through the phone rigmarole again. ..was told my local store would drop it off. No show. Nearly 3 weeks later I went to local store who also 'knew nothing'. To be fair, the local store (Katoomba) were friendly and helpful and gave me the replacement. But if I'd wanted to wait 3 weeks and lug bottles around the countryside , I would have done that. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

What a self indulgent company

Kerrinny

KerrinnySydney, Australia

Worst service in Australia

I ordered 2 bottles online in their hard to read non explanatory app... paid on PayPal... realised NOT 2 hour delivery but 2-4 days delivery!!... rang cancelled... that was 5 days ago!! Still waiting for my refund AND a refund invoice which was supposed to be delivered via email 5 days ago.... Instore fabulous but corporate... you think you have a monopoly!... you don’t ...JimmyBrings so much better....

RobynC

RobynCSydney, NSW

Great prices and fast delivery!!!!!

Fast delivery and at excellent prices. Also the bottles come well padded so no need to worry that they could break. Very happy customer.

Gayle

GayleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dan Murphy's Store Policies = Bad Customer Service

Oli P

Oli PPerth, WA

Be prepared to be waiting months and email enquirers are ignored

Ordered some beer for delivery in September. Late March, still no delivery.

After the initial email enquiry response where a question will be asked, they will never respond again even after multiple attempts. The system is broken, because they the close the case because of no reply!

My latest ‘attempted’ delivery has been returned to sender. Think they would get in touch about that? Nope, they hold on to your money and ignore it

All about marketing

Currently if you try and open the website on a mobile device half the screen is covered with an ad telling you to download the app. You can’t get rid of it, so browsing the already poor site is impossible. The obvious attempt to force customers onto an app where they can capture you is incredibly arrogant. When the site was working it was unreliable for reporting what wines were actually in a designated store. On several occasions I have found this to be so, in two cases the wine named didn’t even have a space for it the shelves.