0%2 · 100%

3.0

Unhappy Pool Owner
Unhappy Pool Owner2 posts

Davey Crystal Clear Sand Filter

I had a new Davey Crystal Clear filter installed but 6 months after the warranty expired the Multiport valve started leaking. Because it was out of warranty it cost $130 to repair. 6 months later the valve failed again, the housing cracked, and need to be replaced completely. The previous non-Davey unit ran for over 20 years. Daveys' customer service said tough luck and I would have to pay the full cost to replace it. For a company that advertises its products as "Premium" and come with a price to match, I would have expected much much better. I would never buy another Davey product.
CraigPerth2 posts

Cracked in 24 months

This is the second Davey sand filter I have owned which has cracked.

I had an older model plastic unit which cracked 9 years into its 10 year warranty, fortunately i had the paper work and it was replaced under warranty however the replacement late model unit has also cracked 24 months on. Poolmart said they won't remedy the situation.

The crack and water leak resulted the destruction of the pool's water pump also.

Vvv
Vvv

Mine just did that too, did you do some research into alternatives? what did you end up going with?

Craig

Hey. I went to a different pool shop because the other didn't want to help) they were stockists of Austral. Hadn't heard of them before but we are now 5 years in at it is going strong still. I think it is the FG Media Filter. (fibreglass shell)

Extra Information