David Jones

See the Best Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Delivery of parcels delayed

Purchased bag and wallet from David Jones online store 2 weeks ago. I am still waiting and none of my items are delivered. Have emailed customer service to ask if I can have my money back as the parcel had not arrived but said no refund. The information about delivery on website is misleading.

Nothing is available for delivery

Everything seems to be click and collect & the nearest store is in Sydney & I live in Qld. A bit frustrating considering I have money to spend yet simply cant purchase anything. Also, I happen to be at a shopping centre & decided to check out a David Jones store to see if they have what I tried to buy online & they had it, a few of each item too. Why has your online shopping gone downhill?

jpoc

jpoc

Do Not buy Online - heed the reviews

Do not buy from the online David Jones store. 1) Items get split and as some are "direct" from the manufacturer they have no idea when it will be delivered. 2) Customer service is atrocious - phone lines can ring for > 15minutes anytime of the day, emails are responded to ~ 48 hours but don't actually answer any of your questions. Also seem to contradict each other - 1 advised me my item was being processed in the "Fulfilment" centre. The other then said it's actually with the manufacturer and then asked ME to tell David Jones if it's been delivered. Will never buy from them again. Will tell this to anyone I know and meet. Lovely staff in store. Terrible online business.

Lilly T.

Lilly T.Illawarra, NSW

Something has changed at David Jones

Store LocationSydney, Albury, Canberra

Worst online experience!

Well people that want to buy online means they cannot go into the store and most of their stuff is only available for Click & Collect. No delivery option available. Even if you chose Click & Collect you will not be picking it up from the nearest David Jones store. Whats the point of offering online shopping. No wonder customers prefer to buy from elsewhere.

Kath

KathPerth, WA

Bullied and Made to Feel Terrible

Store LocationPerth WA

xris

xrisSydney, NSW

No reply to inquiries

I phoned david jones and requested to speak to Witchery women's department. They advised that the line is busy if I could try later. I did call back an hour later but the line was still busy, so they took my details to call me back themselves. Three hours later no one called back, and when i tried to call Witchery again the line was still busy. seriously? Three hours the line is still busy or off the hook? This is not the first time though plus delivery service for online purchases is way too long. Customer service at David Jones unfortunately is not the same. No wonder the store is suffering.

Store LocationBondi

Jeanette

JeanetteSydney, NSW

Shocking service

Made a purchase on line I had to call at least 4 times to find out when i could collect
it is very annoying to be left on hold for at least 10 minutes for every call i made, with still no idea of when my order would be available
The level of service is shocking, i will not be buying on line from them again
Service is shocking!!!

SMB

SMBSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Poor experience buying a Christmas Hamper

After three attempts to purchase a $200 Christmas hamper for a kind neighbour, I could not find the 'personalised gift card message' that was advertised to go with the hamper. As my neighbour would not know who sent the hamper, I phoned David Jones and waited 22.43 minutes (I know this because it is on your mobile phone when you call). I asked them how to add the message as to who the gift was from and they told me that it was too late I should have phone earlier - I rang at 9.00a.m and my call was answered at 9.22 am so I don't know how I could have called earlier. What happened to good service. What a disgrace and I will not visit DJs online again!

Jacqui

JacquiMelbourne

Shocked and disappointed

We paid $10 for a wedding gift to be wrapped and the result was appalling.
Paper quality was poor and the corners where the paper was folded was so messy.
It was then wrapped in a David Jones Ribbon. So we were paying an extra $10 to advertise their store.
I had to go home and rewrap the gift as I was so embarrassed.

Store LocationCheltenham Southland

First time customer

First time customerSydney, NSW

Poor service, lack of acknowledgement customer enquiry and paid order

1. Poor in responding enquiry.
2. Did not provide receipt or order confirmation at point of sale over the phone.
2. Tracking details provided one week after payment processed, after complaint was lodged.
3. Delivery address shown on Australia Post tracking is different to the original shipping address.
4. Stock availability inaccuracy with DJ online
After order has been cancelled previously due to stock inventory inaccuracy of the DJ online store, followed by the non delivery and poor customer service of this current order, I will not recommend or purchase from David Jones moving forward.

Hammers

Hammers

Poor Service!!!

Do not buy any beds from David Jones. We bought a bed was worth $4000 that went down the drain. The sales people are real fake and they lie on how good the beds are. Considering I would never recommend anyone to go to David Jones. Really poor!!!!! and rip off!!

kellyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rude customer service

Store LocationGiorgio armani at chadstone shopping centre

kevin

kevinSydney, NSW

The death of our beloved quality store

i came to shop today and looked forward to cake and coffee. the cake was stale and i was told that they had no fresh stock they have on offer today at the patisserie.

WOW does this mean we can expect the same cut cost and pr-frozen stuff we find at woollies and Coles

On top of this an attitude of I don't care from the staff equals the beginning of the end of our beloved institution. WAKE UP DAVID JONES!

Store LocationMarket st

Martin Z

Martin ZSydney, NSW

No wonder retail sales are down!

Sales assistants are supposed to assist you while making a sale, or so I thought. No. I went into Market St store, level 3 at 5.40pm on a monday eve, looking to buy a kitchen appliance. I saw 2 staff behind the counter in the middle of the floor talking to one another. 1 Staff member at another counter pressing buttons on the till. I then spent the next 10 minutes looking at several appliances I was keen to buy. Not once was I approached or asked if I needed help. Where is the staff training? How does David Jones survive if the whole premise of their being is subverted by indifferent employees? No wonder retail is suffering... because, guess what? I'm going on line! David Jones used to be known for its service. Now it is just another store.

Store LocationMarket Street, Sydney
Jessica D

Jessica D

Tuggerah store! I would give zero if I could!

Store LocationTuggerah

Ann

AnnTasmania

Terrible shopping online

Twice time to buy online with DJ with the sale items. Already paid money and confirm stock available, then a day and few days after they email to tell me no stock. But actually they all still available for purchase at higher price.

Got the last item in stock in Australia

Store LocationSouthland

bellaleemil

bellaleemilHunter Region, NSW

Very poor online customer service and terrible case resolution.

I Ordered few items online another day, but received the completely different items. After reported the issue with online service representative,they told me my case has been lodged and they will contact me, nothing happen after that.. I had to ring them again and had fun with the waiting queue, they said they cant do anything about it atm(Of course you can!) How hard just to provide a simple solution?! Feeling sick just to waste my time and deal with them! However, there are lots of small businesses are willing to take care of their customers.

Angela M.

Angela M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible service

CaleWale

CaleWaleasked

How do u get any further with a purchase from when u view your bag? There is no payment button or check- out option. I'm just stuck with a bag of stuff but can't purchase it. Am I missing something or not doing something right. I am very tired. ? Oh I can't add the screenshot.

Cheesed Off
Cheesed Off

Are you ordering on a mobile device? I sometimes get this when I use my iPad mini. If you turn the screen so it is landscape instead of portrait then you will hopefully see the checkout button. If this doesnt work you may have to call them.

Wendy C

Wendy Casked

I’ve been trying for hours to speak to the online division.. the phone answers then left on hold for more than 40 minutes.. makes you decide that you don’t want to purchase that desperately... very disappointing considering they are trying to expand with online ordering..

fred f
fred f

You have incorrectly posted under the Question section.

Monika

Monikaasked

After lodging a complaint is anyone going to respond?? It't four days I am yet hearing anything from David John's management

Elizabeth46
Elizabeth46

I had same problem. I was called too fat (I'm a size 10/12) to shop with the store in Perth. It took 4 weeks before I got a manager. Keep emailing and calling up. Bad service should be accountable.

kelly

I don t believe some one would say that I have been shopping at david jones for years and have never come across a rude sales assistant.

Fester8
Fester8

They just don’t care you get better service from an USA department store and the prices are cheaper even with gst and postage

Get an answer from our members and David Jones representatives