1.6 from 1,088 reviews

1.6

1,088 reviews

Disgraceful and dishonest business practice

Rik

RikGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't get a thing right

My partner went to the Bourke street store to buy an air fryer; he came back totally fed up and frustrated because he couldn't get anyone to help him so we both went there the next day; as always they were out of stock (they had what we wanted on display but refused to sell that) so I had to put in an order and have it delivered which I'm loathe to do as the last 2 orders were wrong and had to be returned. No surprise but yes of course, they sent the wrong product so now I have to waste time and leave work to go back and get a refund. We only came here because we were given a gift card otherwise I wouldn't go anywhere near this useless place. I doubt that they will be around for long.

Store LocationBourke Street, Melbourne

The worst online shopping experience, disgusting online support service

Disappointed

Disappointed

Terrible customer service.. SHAME :(

Calling David Jones to change name on click and collect order. Simple thing to do! After calling 4 times and being put on hold each time decided to wait to speak to operator. Waited 53.10 minutes still waiting!
Why cant it be done online? Why is the chat option unavailable?
Clean up your act DJ.

Store LocationElizabeth street City store Sydney
John S

John SSydney, NSW

Good Service During Coronavirus Shutdown Period

Purchased some items online, which were delivered later than the usually stated period, but was not in a hurry as prices offered were an extra 40% off with free delivery for orders over $50 (previously $100).
One item was a larger fitting than usual for size stated so returned it for a refund at the nearest physical store with no problem, and staff member was very efficient.

The worst shopping experience

Item I was looking for went out of stock online. Called & checked there was one left in store, so had to phone order. The sales person took my card details & address, charged 9.95 for shipping then hung up without any further information. Tried to call again but there was no way I could get hold of her! She didn’t take my email address, so I’m left with transaction number and there’s no way I can track my order. Customer service never answers the phone, not responding to my email either. Live chat is helpless. If the item was already shipped, I want to know where that is? How am I supposed to track the thing?!!

Carlo

Carlo

Hope you don’t need support

Marie

Marie

Phone service non existent!

Please reinstate the local store telephone call service. Voice recognition on the automated national call pick up is useless. You are then put on a 'general hold' for extensive waits. I don't mind other retailers using a national call centre, but DJs national telephone service is detracting from its brand.

Store LocationDJ Online initially, and then tried to follow up with Adelaide/Marion/Tea-Tree Plaza.
Snail Mail

Snail Mail

BUYER BEWARE - Customer service is non-existent. Think twice before ordering!

Worst Online Experience Ever - No Star

warning

Please think twice before purchasing from David jones online. I ordered and paid for a backpack online over a month ago. It has yet to be sent for shipping from the warehouse. After 1 month of waiting I decided to call them. I waited on the phone for 1 hour I spoke to a phone operator who told me he would find out /fix the issue and report back to me yesterday. I am yet to hear a reply. I have emailed DJ online and have decided to call them back today. I have been waiting on the phone for 3 hours and 30 mins with no one to pick up phone. This is beyond frustrating

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Never buy anything online through David Jones

I never usually write reviews but I feel the need to warn people not to rely on buying anything online from David Jones. We have been wrestling for a month now to get any form of action or reply on a simple order and still no closer to it getting resolved. It's important to support retailers during COVID times but having this stress is a joke. I bought a heavy canvas tent from interstate last week and it turned up within 4 days so most retailers are handling online sales ok. Just not DJs. Buyer beware!

Pavel

PavelSydney

Not valuing their regular customers

My neighbour who is an elderly lady and has been always shopping for food in David Jones for many years, recently lost her bag with produce she bought in there. She went back to the shop to ask them to call her if someone finds and brings the bag back to the store. It was not much and cost like $50 the max however, shop assistant even has not offered to replace the lost items on the store's expense. I understand that it was not their fault that she lost the bag but come on she is a regular customers elderly customer and such giant as David Jones could've just given her complimentary items once in her life when this happened. Shame.

Charlotte

CharlotteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So far beyond hopeless it's just not funny

Fantastically adept at executing a sale (online) and taking your money yet wonderfully inactive when it comes time to a) send your order b) send the right order c) advise what you ordered is actually not available and you won't be getting it, after all d) communication - by far their worst ability

With fierce competition, I wonder how long DJ will continue, with appalling customer service, zero follow up, no one clearly manning the phones and total disregard for the customer experience. Is it a busy period for online shopping at the moment? I imagine so, yes, but that doesn't need to mean that the customer's $$$ are more easily parted with and that incredibly poor service is acceptable. Fail David Jones, FAIL.

Bianca

BiancaSouthwest, VIC

Proven to be idiots 2 times around

cinder

cinderGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Appalling, slow service

I had to call the 1800 number to place an order (price match). 35 mins wait then had to give up. Next day, 53 mins wait and still waiting. Absolutely unacceptable. Call back service does not work - doesn't pick up mobile number correctly and doesn't allow you to enter your own number. They obviously don't want to make any money.
Also given incorrect information by online chat about price matching, wasting more of my time.

agung h.

agung h.Isaacs 2607, ACT

Bought 3 item, to received only 2 item

Bought 2 ben sherman shirt and 1 fred perry small bag on 7 April 2020, got the confirmation email that they will make two shipping for my purchase.

I received first shipment on next week, but only 1 ben sherman shirts. I thought the other one will be in next shipping. But a few day after, there’s only fred perry bag...
Made a complain via email, only to received a reply that I should “carefully look again in the packaging”

Hello!?you think I will missed a shirt inside a plastic Packaging and accidentally threw it to bin Along with the shipping packaging

Until now, 17th may 2020...I haven’t received any reply from them

My first and worse experience online shopping in DJ

Rachel

RachelSydney, NSW

One example of good services one of very poor service

6th floor shoes. 11:30 16 may Purchased 2 pairs of Midas shoes lady helpful.
Asked to try a pair of veja shoes on. One disinterested young girl with long black hair handed them to me no words and totally unlaced and walked off. Very poor service and needless to say I didn’t purchase them as didn’t want the hassle of Lacing them up. A shame

Store LocationSydney city
Apartment Dweller

Apartment DwellerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Orders promptly fulfilled.

For the first time I purchased David Jones items online and found the experience simple. I was kept informed of progress and given accurate information about delays owing to COVID19.

Moira

MoiraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Massive wait times

What’s happened to David Jones having local telephone operators? I’ve been on hold for nearly an hour listening to very annoying “music”. You can only ring a 13 number for all of the stores, nationwide, these days. They no longer have individual contact numbers for stores. A really horrible experience with no call back facility and a very poor voice recognition programme. I doubt that anyone will answer.

Bron W.

Bron W.asked

David Jones

Is there a postage charge to return an item via post?

tERRY
tERRY

DJ’s don’t cover return postage.

K-Em

They will reimburse you postage if the order is faulty, damaged or incorrect but you will have to pay the postage first and then send through a picture of the receipt, and they will refund you over the phone at a later date. If it's change of mind then you will have to pay it yourself.

jikodos

jikodosasked

David Jones Online Store

If I am a staff member . How doe I get my staff discount without going into the store

Mat.
Mat.

That’s classified.

K-Em

You need to email People Assist and they can set up the discount in your account. It will take them about a week to do it.

Pmiki

Pmikiasked

Hi David Jones Representatives,

I am guessing you are all busy on your phones, as we have been on hold for three hours.

Is anybody working at DJs?

Fired Up
Fired Up

Yep very busy closing stores

Kim D.
Kim D.

Called out about why my order was not dispatched 2 weeks ago and gave me a claim number, 2 weeks after order still progress. I have inform them that I want a refund, and they said they will email a resolution team and should get in to contact with me soon. Still no response.

Kathy B
Kathy B

You have $150 of mine and I have nothing. I ordered estee lauder cream 16/04 in Garden City Booragoon and paid for it. I cannot do anything cannot get through at all on any phone. I guess I will have to go to the store. Big problem as I have just broken my wrist. So its a taxi on top of my $150 already spent. Next step is ombudsman.
Kathleen Bond