David Jones

Online Store, Retail Stores (See All)
See the Best Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for David Jones? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Terrible customer experience after David Jones sent me the wrong items

I received someone else's top from their order and david jones would not send me my items I had ordered even thought I need them for a work function.

buyerbeware
buyerbewareSydney, NSW

I’m impressed!

I often order from DJs online and have been happy with everything, but felt a shout out was deserved for my last order. I decided on a Mothers Day gift and DJs was the best price. DJs tracked down the item in another state (their Karrinyup WA store) and, without me knowing, upgraded the shipping from standard to express to ensure it reached my mum in NSW in time for Mothers Day. The glass item was carefully packaged, and my mum was especially impressed with the gift wrapping and gift card (I was surprised these were both free services). Thank you David Jones!

Annue
AnnueSydney

Terrible

Just walked through David jones Elizabeth street and there were so many disinterested staff texting on there mobiles and I don’t believe one customer was greeted. Appalling service considering I was on the designer floor .

Store LocationElizabeth street
AmyA
AmyASydney, NSW

Present for Mother's day- damaged stock received

I ordered a pair of shoes for my Mum for Mother's day. They were shipped in a timely manner, however when I looked at the shoes, they appeared to be floor stock. One shoe was peeling on the back strap. Very frustrating, as I have to go instore anyway (was trying to avoid this as I have a baby) to exchange. This is the 2nd time we have ordered a product through David Jones online and either the product was packaged poorly or damaged. Never again.

Online flexibilty is pathetic

ENN
ENNGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awful customer service experience

Michael M.
Michael M.

Shipping and getting a refund a huge headache

My first time ordering in David Jones, I ordered two shirts and I never received them. By the third week, I was asking for a refund and they just told me to wait. All of the online retailers I’ve dealt with will deal with this swiftly but not David Jones. Bu the fourth week, I asked for a refund AGAIN and they finally gave it.

But hey, I like David Jones and maybe I should give them another shot and maybe I was just unlucky. I tried ordering again but now, it seems like Auspost has not even received my order. It was supposed to arrive last Friday. Now it’s Sunday and Auspost doesn’t even have it. Terrible. Now I understand why it’s mostly a 1 star review.

jane
janeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Refunds taking forever

I purchased some shoes from David Jones. I returned them for a full credit in the Adelaide store 23/4 as size was wrong. It is now 27/4 and the funds have not returned to my account. In the meantime i bought same shoes half a size down & paid for them before they would order them in. I rang DJs Adelaide today re my refund...... no help. Seriously it's 2022 and funds transfer is all automated. Won't ever shop there again....... such a pity as this used to be such a great shop.

Worst phone system ever!!!!

With the new system brought out a few years back - getting worse every time - going round in constant circles! go back to old system

Access to viewing items

I am living in NZ. I will visit Australia soon. I am trying to find a coat to buy while there.
When I try to look at the item I want , I get a message telling me items cannot be sent to NZ. The site does not allow me to view extra photos or read the product description. Very frustrating!

JK
JK

No customer service

Went to DJ 's Civic Canberra yesterday wanted to try a pair of boots, waited 10mins ( there were 3 girls in the shoe section, all talking to each other).Finally got served, got me the boots to try, and walked away. Now I wanted to buy these boots $300, she never came back!!! So i left, didn't get the boots and didn't get any customer service either.

edn
ednSydney, NSW

Terrible system and service

I ordered a breville blender and food processor online with DJs with my credit card. The next day I received an email informing me that they were "unable to validate" certain of my details and couldn't process the order. I spoke with a service rep who said they couldn't tell me the problem but I should try again and it would be fine. The items are still in stock but i now see the food processor is $100 more expensive. My advice - DO NOT shop with David Jones, you'll just get the run around.

Paul S.
Paul S.South East Queensland, QLD

Really backward thinking with online payments and careless packing.

Marla V.
Marla V.

Horrible customer service

We ordered one item online, it's supposedly sent via express post but it's been 10 days (7 working days) and the item still has not arrived. We live in Mascot so we usually get deliveries pretty quick!

We've received the tracking number but there is no semblance of progression in the tracking information. I've emailed both David Jones (checking where the device came from) and spoke to Auspost and no one seems to be giving me any answers. Just giving me a case number.

Very disappointing. Check out the attackef tracking info and tell me that's not vague.

Chris
ChrisSydney

Excellent Customer Service

DJ in Westfield’s Parramatta should be included as they did the 'hard' work for the online order of an item available only online.

Very helpful and professional staff, in particular Miriam (hope got her spelling correct..) showing that customer service does exist.

Well done.

Item did arrive via “Pony Express” (=good old Australia Post) within 48 hours of order – well beyond expectiations.

Thank you and I will come back shopping with DJ and DJ Online again.