David Jones

Customer service

All right so this is in regards so the terrible behavior of one of the staff at David Jones Burwood. Racist behavior of a lady at make up counter who was absolutely disrespectful. Me and my husband were buying stuff and as we preferred holding stuff we shortlisted in our hand to get everything billed together. It was mostly my make up stuff. So this lady blocks my way, stops me and so rudely she attacks and says will “u you pay for this” and all I could say is absolutely if I am buying it, taking it home I am going to pay for it. But she specifically followed us and made us feel so humiliated that I gave her the products and chose to walk off. She told me that they have a policy that if a customer picks up a product they have to get it billed and then move around the store, like really? I am a near by resident and visit burwood David Jones very often, and this was the second time that I was disappointed with staff behavior. Last time I asked one of the lady to check if they had size in jeans that I wanted to buy and she made me wait for 15 minutes saying she was occupied. I mean where are the basic etiquettes and on what bases are these people hired if they are of no help to buyers?

Estée Lauder Carindale

I had a great experience at your Estée Lauder counter at your Carindale store today. Julie matched my make-up. (perfectly )and did a wonderful natural make-over . She was lovely, as well as professional . Thankyou DJ’s And Thankyou Julie .

First & last online shop. Total incompetence!!!!

Purchased workout tights online over 10 days ago and just received them. Ordered size 12, packing slip says size 12 but sent a size 10. Now 10 days later none of my size available as they are on sale. How hard is it to check the size is correct before sending??? When asked what they would do about it was told to pay double the price to get next similar product! I really don't think they even care that the disappointing experiences people are having is what's killing their business. First and last shop online and will not be buying in store either. Totally incompetent business!

This is why David Jones will not survive in the is tough environment.

Popped into DJ's Bourke Street store on Sunday. I wanted to buy a Fitbit. Had done my homework so no real technical info was needed. Now, I know that the boxes are empty to stop theft and the staff have a box of styles and colours hidden somewhere under the counter for the punters to look at and try on. I mentioned I was going to buy either the Alta or the Charge but I wanted to try one on and see the actual colours. The staff member checked the computer and told me the colours that were available for both, I asked to see the actual watch but she had a bit of a putter about and could not find the elusive box of sample stock. No real effort put into the search, no hurry, no asking anyone else. Merely told me the colour availability. If this woman was working for me she would be on notice. I left. They have lived up to their reputation for lousy service.

Very surprised to read the reviews

My on-line experiences with David Jones have always been great. My last liaison with Customer Service regarding an order that arrived in 2 separate deliveries was exceptional so I decided to write a glowing review and was surprised at other people's experiences. My items have always been received within 3 days. I couldn't recommend them more.

The Worst Gift Registry, Ever!

We chose David Jones for our wedding registry. So many things have gone wrong I can't even begin to explain them all. As the last straw, we were gifted a celebration card, which cannot be activated. Customer services is dreadful. I actually hate David Jones.

The worst delivery service ever seen

We bought one of those Sealy beds from David Jones 9 days ago and we still could not be able to have it. Their delivery service is very very poor, disappointing. I got a day off from work to be able to accommodate their delivery times and while I was waiting at home, they cancelled it. The whole story is quite long, it took us all day to deal with it. But the summary is I do not recommend this shopping experience to anyone. At the end of the day you will waste your day, breath and energy without having your product which you have already payed for.

Disgraceful service from male employee in male shoe section of Hay street store.

My husband and I were excited about going to to David Jones to purchase two pairs of leather shoes. Unfortunately we needed a larger size and the only place the stock was available in W.A was Hay street mall.

After an amazing experience from the Carosel team we were looking forward to visiting Hay street to take a look at the range and collect the size we needed.

When we arrived we noticed the sales person was busy so we waited patiently for him to tend to us.

After half an hour of waiting the sales person continued to chat and even after the sale was processed he refused to acknowledge us.

He walked to the back of the store and returned with two boxes of shoes. He told my husband and I that we are wasting our time coming to Hay street as the leather shoes are always lighter on the left side as that is the shoe that is used for display purposes.

He said oh and I guess you are Danielle.

There was no introduction prior to this.

After feeling shamed in front of the other customers and staff I explained to him that we were there to purchase another pair of shoes and swap the size as Hay street is the only store left with the size we needed.

He went on to say that he has been working there for 4 years and was in management for 30 years. I didn’t care about his work experience I was there for a simple reason.

He said “I know you work in management as you give me that feeling”. I was shocked.

We asked for him to kindly match the price from the other David Jones store as we had a receipt and they matched a price from the competitors website.

He replied that “the Carosel team are new, they don’t know what they are doing. I know what I am doing and I am not discounting anything, do you want the shoes or not?”

My husband asked him to not speak to us in that manner and especially not to a lady.

He continued to say that he is being straight with us as he doesn’t want to waste his time.

My husband said that he has a poor attitude and he should be careful in the way which he speaks.

We placed the transaction as quick as we could.

Upon leaving the store we were walking away and I heard him saying to his colleague “Those stupid people wanted these shoes on discount and i didn’t give it to give it to them so they got angry they don’t know about leather or anything”

I was so angered when I heard that.

I turned around and introduced myself to the colleague.
I told them that we were not angered by the fact that the shoes weren’t discounted. If we couldn’t afford to be in David Jones we would never walk in.

I told him the situation and the male employee kept on interrupting saying he has four years of experience and he did nothing wrong.

His demeanour and his attitude were disgusting. The way he treated us was not acceptable. I have never been exposed to such a rude employee of David Jones.

I work in customer service myself and it isn’t about what the outcome is. It is about the way the situation is handled. I am in the process of placing a formal complaint.

To others with poor experiences... do not be bullied by staff. Do not let them get away with it.

The only online store that can't seem to deliver what everyone else can!

It takes over a week before they even bother to dispatch, express post isn't always available as an option and you are lucky if you receive your item within two weeks of ordering. Why does every other online retailer do it so easily but David Jones just can't get it together?

Bad customer service experience always

I find David Jones Perth City Staff to be very rude and judgmental always when I visit the store, now I shop online instead.
1. Often unapproachable-as some staff are not DJ employees
2. No eye contact or assistance offered
3. You’ve to walk around looking for staff—always short staffed and they are never available

Poor customer service

Got 2 online orders and spoke to two customer service representatives at Martket street on the phone, the first one couldn't explain what's going on with my online order or bother to check properly even I received the email ready to pick up. Just got told to call customer service online team. Then the second one when I tried to call back after waiting a long time on hold, before I even get to explain myself, this guy just hang up on me. Seriously??? You are the worst customer services I've ever dealt with. Will say no with David Jones online order in the future. And I would give you minus star if I could. So terrible!! Ended up just have to cancel the order and buy it from the store instead.

save your time and shop somewhere else

if i could give zero star i would - now DJ online will send you email 2 days after you place your order, requesting copy of your credit card and photo ID for further process - what on earth makes them think they can get confidential info because they just want it?? Don't know how long it will take for the refund but this will be the first time and last time i shop with DJ online.

Blocked from site

I contacted customer support about an unavailable product online, and they contacted my to just "try again" and instead I find myself completely locked out of their online site with errors showing up on their pages and the website not loading. Useless.

No customer service

There is not a time I walk into a David Jones store especially Bondi Junction in any department and there is no staff to serve you.
Since when has David Jones become self serve.
Talking Hand Bag section, shoes, kitchen wear, baby clothes, womens clothing, toy department.
When you finally find someone they are so unmotivated, they actually give you the shoe size you ask for then hide.
Do you advertise for the most unmotivated, unenthusiastic, less knowlegdebale , people and the most unemployable staff are all in David Jones.
Pick up your act this has been going on for years just getting worst. Go overseas to Europe to a department store and you will be blown away with the service.
A great Shame

Sad decline of David Jones

I used to be a loyal David Jones shopper buying clothes, household items and electrical goods but I have become increasingly frustrated with their appalling online store.
On 3 occasions of late I placed and paid for an order only to be told it was no longer available. One of those sold out items was back online at the full price the following week! I tried to buy a TV from the online store only to be told “we don’t deliver to Adelaide” I didn’t realize DJs online was only for customers on the eastern seaboard. I was told I could go into the city store to make my purchase. If I wanted to drive into the city and pay for parking for an item that would have to be delivered to me anyway I wouldn’t have shopped online. Not good enough David Jones, you can’t possibly compete in the retail market whilst your customer service is so dreadful. I’ve given up there are easier places to shop

Parramatta child mattress section

Came in last week and was advised that an Evelyn would call me on tuesdaat for a baby mattress. Nothing on Tuesday. Here now on Thursday evening at the desk. A folder is on the desk with my name but nobody here. Been waiting since 640pm it’s not 7:03pm. Let’s see how long I have to wait to be served!! Next review will have the time... if I don’t give up... ooo someone just mistook me for someone who works here..

Terrible online shopping

Ordered online and 2+ weeks later received a completely different item to the one I ordered.....ridiculous. Had to waste my valuable time returning that and following up to actually get a refund over a month later. Only positive is that the online customer service are actually quite helpful. Not sure how DJ's are still in business with the way their online site (doesn't) function.

Buying online from David Jones

HI,

I am trying to buy kids stuff. Selected all the items and when i wanted to pay; its gets me to the msg
- not available from your pick up store
- Not deliverable

Why can't David jones deliver; If not why are they advertizing those items online.

wasted an hour and couldn't complete shopping.

Hope it improves!

Shopping made easy

As a guy shopping for clothes, it is very convenient that everything is in one place. The staff are very helpful. It is a bit expensive compared to other stores

I am so disappointed by the online shopping and customer service.

This was my first, and will be my last, experience with David Jones online shopping. After so many successful purchases through Myer online, I mistakenly thought David Jones would be the same. When my top arrived (after taking 3 weeks to get to me) it didn't fit. Reading the returns policy online, I took the item back instore, only to be told that their policy is when purchasing with Pay Pal, the store won't refund to my Pay Pal credit card - I can only receive a gift card. I checked and re-checked, but this information is nowhere to be found on the purchasing form. Furthermore, when I asked customer service how I would have found this out when ordering online, they couldn't tell me. Apparently the policy is online somewhere (but hidden deeply, because I still can't find it!). It wasn't an expensive top, but the whole experience has been so disappointing and left me feeling very 'ripped off'.

After lodging a complaint is anyone going to respond?? It't four days I am yet hearing anything from David John's management
I had same problem. I was called too fat (I'm a size 10/12) to shop with the store in Perth. It took 4 weeks before I got a manager. Keep emailing and calling up. Bad service should be accountable.I don t believe some one would say that I have been shopping at david jones for years and have never come across a rude sales assistant.They just don’t care you get better service from an USA department store and the prices are cheaper even with gst and postage

I haven't got a receipt as I bought the microwave and hot water kettle more than 10 years ago / I usually don't like to go to David Jones as the older workers think someone might nick something / has anyone had the same experience at David Jones stores?
Never mind I found that the mid ranged workers are alright thoughYes, my teenage daughter and I were in the Elizabeth Street fashion dept and one attendant, nodding to us, yelled to another across the room "Don't worry, I'm watching them". My daughter was carrying the bag containing the expensive suit I had just bought for her on another floor. The yeller approached my daughter, rudely peering into the bag, and said "Oooh, I see you've bought something". I was appalled and have never forgotten this incident which happened more than 20 years ago. Seems like not much has improved since then.

Does David Jones price match with Peter's of kensington?
I've never heard of Peter's of Kensington. Just Googled it and looks like it's a NSW store. I'm in VIC so perhaps that explains it :)If experience has anyhting to do with it... stores usually avoid "price matching" by changing the label or commenting on a product's unique characteristics. So No... they'll just look at you as low class and tell you go away and count your pennies at the other store.