David Jones

KKKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Website Error Issue and Customer service

Rebecca

RebeccaSydney

Item missing in online order. Still waiting ...Service? None.

I ordered 3 items from DJs online store. The parcel arrived with one item missing.
I rang customer service. Waited 20 mins for phone to be answered. She said it would be looked into. Next day she wanted me to look in the bubble wrap to see if the missing bottle was hiding somewhere in the box. Then she wanted photos of the box and it’s contents. They are still looking into it. No replacement item. No refund. (It was quite an expensive item). Looks as though I won’t have the item in time for the birthday they were for if I get the item at all. They say they want to be “upmarket”. Not with this attitude and lack of PR. I get much better service from Target and Myer. ‘Bye ‘bye DJs. You’ve lost a customer of 50 years.

Alison333

Alison333

David Jones repeated "ERROR" website issue

About 2-3 months ago I could not log onto the David Jones website. It continuously had an error message every time I attempted to log on or even view the website. I contacted customer service twice and they managed to fix the problem at their end. Some six weeks later the same problem has happened again.
Customer service told me this time to change my computer settings. I have had no issues with other retailer's websites. As a David Jones American Express cardholder, I guess this is when I just cut the card.

Donna Gaynor

Donna GaynorPerth, WA

Such great service in Perth City

Thank you to the young man who assisted my husband who was looking for a polo shirt with a pocket (for his glasses). Not an easy feat. He went above and beyond for a $69.95 transaction. Many thanks.

Store LocationPerth City

CNg

CNgGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst online shopping experience

My order was only delivered a month post order. When it arrived, one of the four items were missing and there was a receipt from a third party (Hermanns) that indicates there’s a refund, but the refund is no where to be seen on my original card of purchase.

Make you pay for an item they don’t have, then make you fight tooth and nail to get your refund for non-existent item!

Slow process in refunding to my Afterpay account

Took 10 days to process the refund into my Afterpay account. This is unlike other merchants that can do the refund immediately at cash registers. Had to call them multiple times to discuss this issue. No wonder why everyone prefer to shop at other retailers. Furthermore, I am still waiting for my refund until now.

Store LocationMacquarie Centre

Disgusted

Disgusted

Poor product and service

Boots advertised by popular brand were misrepresented in terms of quality and colour.
Had to pay for return which is against consumer rights but I went along with it as too worried about getting the full refund.
Will never buy another thing from them again!
Always trusted their brand but it’s now rubbish!

Bogdan M.

Bogdan M.Sydney, NSW

Bad customer experience

Store LocationParramatta, Burwood, Macquarie Center

Terrible customer service

I have experienced the worst online shopping experience with David Jones. I ordered a dryer 8 days ago no correspondence at all. I had to contact them in regards to my order. Today 8 days later after numerous phone calls I receive a email saying product not available for a month. I can’t complain about the service as there simply isn’t any. David Jones really shouldn’t do online sales.

Chris

ChrisHunter Region, NSW

Trying to call a store

I've had to call the Chatswood Chase store a couple of times over the last week and you have to talk to a "virtual assistant" After waiting over 5Mins and asking to be put through to Chatswood Chase they put me through to Chadstone, VIC.

The virtual assistant is currently putting me through to a receptionist - I've been on hold for 12mins and counting.

If department stores continue offering such poor service no wonder they are closing down and customers buy online from other sources.

Month long debacle

Kaye

KayeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rubbish virtual answering

I am writing to complain about the ridiculous virtual answering service David Jones have in place. ‘Liz’ the Virtual voice, doesn’t understand what you are saying - and then I was put on hold listening to the worst repetitive tune - I tried several times thinking it was a joke! Each time it took over 7 mins then 10 mins. All I wanted was to be transferred to a department! No one interrupted that shocking music to say you are in a queue or your call is important etc!!
Where is the personal touch that we have all loved and respected over the years of being very good customers of David Jones. This virtual rubbish is what will finally turn people away from DJ’s.

Store LocationAll David Jones

Georgie

GeorgieIllawarra, NSW

Awful customer service!

Anne

Anne

Sent me wrong order then no assistance to sort it out

When my online order arrived two of the four items were incorrect and after numerous mails, attaching images, explaining and following up I was left to my own devices to go to a store and sort it out.

Nightmare to deal with.

Rep was not helpful and condescending

I ordered a smartwatch online Sunday after 5. Wife didn't want it as a gift with the poor reviews on the Kate Spade SW. I called 1800354663 to ask to cancel. I was told that there was nothing they can do as the system does not allow changes. The rep was being condescending as well. I told the rep that she was being that and all she said was it was fine. People wonder why the big retailers are loosing. From my experience its poor service and bad attitudes.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lovely David Jones Brand Bath Robe

Store LocationBrisbane city

Nemo

NemoSydney, NSW

The Worst Company- Walk Out Now- Horrific Experience- What A Nightmare

What a nightmare of experience- will never shop there again-aggressive staff-terrible experience-walk away and never shop again-never ever. The worst place to shop- the worst experience that has caused my health- with long term effects- walk away while you can.

Michael T.

Michael T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good quality service and excellent postal services...

Good quality service and excellent postal services... Love buying from here and literally having all delivered to my home in secure clean packaging. Products always as is on the website.

Helenp

HelenpVictoria

Ridiculous virtual assistant

I called the glen waverley store to place an order. I was greeted by a phone virtual assistant who did anything but assist. I asked for customer service and was left listening to music for 6 minutes. I hung up and called the 1800 customer service number but again, the virtual assistant! Left listening to music for another 7 minutes this time. Don’t bother calling if you don’t want to get frustrated with the lack of service. Unfortunately in trying to save money, they will lose loyal customers.

Store LocationGlen Waverley

CaleWale

CaleWaleasked

How do u get any further with a purchase from when u view your bag? There is no payment button or check- out option. I'm just stuck with a bag of stuff but can't purchase it. Am I missing something or not doing something right. I am very tired. ? Oh I can't add the screenshot.

Cheesed Off
Cheesed Off

Are you ordering on a mobile device? I sometimes get this when I use my iPad mini. If you turn the screen so it is landscape instead of portrait then you will hopefully see the checkout button. If this doesnt work you may have to call them.

Ask the company

Wendy C

Wendy Casked

I’ve been trying for hours to speak to the online division.. the phone answers then left on hold for more than 40 minutes.. makes you decide that you don’t want to purchase that desperately... very disappointing considering they are trying to expand with online ordering..

Fired Up

You have incorrectly posted under the Question section.

Monika

Monikaasked

After lodging a complaint is anyone going to respond?? It't four days I am yet hearing anything from David John's management

Elizabeth46
Elizabeth46

I had same problem. I was called too fat (I'm a size 10/12) to shop with the store in Perth. It took 4 weeks before I got a manager. Keep emailing and calling up. Bad service should be accountable.

kelly
kelly

I don t believe some one would say that I have been shopping at david jones for years and have never come across a rude sales assistant.

Fester8
Fester8

They just don’t care you get better service from an USA department store and the prices are cheaper even with gst and postage

Get an answer from our members and David Jones representatives