David Jones

See the Best Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Speechless

Entering David Jones Macquarie today, to find that no consultants were bothered to serve or show enthusiasm, across 4 departments Men’s wear, Manchester, ladies shoes and children’s wear. Appalling, don’t waste your time.

Store LocationMacquarie

Poor service

My wife & I visited David Jones Robina store today Sunday Sept 15 & the experience in the men's shoe department was poor. I wanted to try on a pair of Florsheim shoes seen on TVSN, & were prepared to buy if the fit was good. We didn't have a sales person come anywhere near us for 20 - 30 minutes.
David Jones needs to lift it's game.
We bought elsewhere needless to say.

Store LocationRobina Qld

Excellent Customer Service

First visit yesterday and totally impressed by the Customer Service of everyone we were in contact with.
Efficient and smiling and greeting at the entrances.
Particularly pleased with the professionalism of the lady in 'cutlery who helped me with steak knives'.
Very good range of new Summer Clothes and Accessories and bed linen.
Departments were well laid out and beautifully maintained ladies cloakrooms.
Best coffee and scones and product lines at the Coffee shop, once again with smiling and happy staff.
I would definitely return.

Store LocationMaroochydore

Horrible ..horrible..

Bought a adult unisex sunglass from online shop last week and today i received a kids sunglass... No word to express gratitude towards f####%$# david jones for sending that useless thing..

Never buy online from David Jones

They took my money and for three weeks no one can find out what happened to my order and when complainted to the manager he promised to help but did not even can or wanted to help and let stranded for another week. I had to make a big scene then they said sorry we don’t have the stock and gave me a refund

Item purchased is lost of track

I paid for an item online on 11th of Aug but haven't received it yet, 6th of Sep.

I contacted David Jones via a few different ways, by email, over phone and live-chat. No response from email. People over the phone and live-chat just asked me to wait and said they would escalate this to a different department. For weeks, i've been trying to contact them to get at least an update or timeframe about where the product is and when they can delivered but no luck.

The most words i heard or read are, 'unfortunately...' .

I thought it's really a 'unfortunately' for me until i came here and saw so many negative comments.

Good luck David Jones!

Order was cancelled four days after it was supposedly shipped

I ordered an item for a birthday present from David Jones Online, ensuring it was in stock and could be delivered quickly.

Purchased it on Saturday and received Proof of Purchase and tax invoice email. On Monday, I received an email to say that my order had been shipped and was provided an Aus Post tracking number. Was expecting it by Wednesday at the latest. Nope. On Friday, I received an email to say my order could not be fulfilled. Yes, my order that had apparently been shipped and had spent the week in transit with a courier was no longer in stock! No explanation given, no update to say another item from stock would be sent instead.

I then spent 90 minutes dealing with various people in David Jones costumer services, and still no item. So at the moment, I need to wait for a gift card to be emailed to me (which can take 24 hours) and then re-purchase the item again. And pray to the online gods that this time it gets delivered.

I will never buy from David Jones again.

Never never again

Ordered click and collect before 1pm. Why tell customers that item will be available for pick up after 4pm. More than 24 hrs later, the store has no record of order. Stock manager has gone home, order won’t be fulfilled until morning, provided stock is available. Good lord. Can’t run an online service then please don’t offer it.

Thank you Meriam from David Jones garden city wa excellent service

Mariam, thank you so much ch for all your help today, you are a great ambassador for David Jones, I could not have sorted out my problem without your advise great to experience top quality customer service thanks again Mariam / David Jones

Store LocationDavid Jones garden city WA

PATHETIC service and poor quality $1400 shoe. No after sale service

Me and my wife visited david jones perth city and bought a pair of Christian Louboutin on 10/05/19 for $1400.. my wife wore it for the first time on 16/06/19 for an hour in party and the studs on the shoes fell off and on both the shoes not on one but both. On 17/06/19 we went back to david jones and showed it to them.
Now thats were the true side of david jones came across, the staff was absolutely least cared about it. They said they don’t know what to do and made us sit there till they find a solution. After few minutes one of the staff members came and said we have to send it back to the company Christian . And we asked that it was the first time we wore this shoe and shouldn’t we get a replacement for what happened. They said its not in our hands they have to send the shoe away, i said ok and asked how much time this whole process takes, the staff said 4 weeks. So they took the shoe and gave us a work order docket.
4 weeks went past no one contacted us. Than in the 5th week i called to ask the status and i was given a blunt reply by saying they dont know yet, so i asked them that i need a rough ETA so the girl said her manager will call me back. Went past a week more i did not receive any call. Now came the 6th week i called again and said that i want to speak to a manager bla bla bla happened. The manager said i will send a email and find out for you and she will call me back i said ok. Now came the 7th week i still dont know the status and still waiting for the manager to call back so i called again. The staff that picked up said she will get the manager for me, the manager came and said they are unable to contact the company as to find the status of the shoes.
Dont know what should i do.......Still waiting to get the shoe..

Store LocationPerth city david jones

CLICK AND COLLECT

This is an absolute joke! What has happened to David Jones?? Quick reliable efficient service. Items are either not available and if they are you need to click and collect!! - this is not online shopping! Please bring back the old David Jones.

Absolutely terrible customer service!

Still waiting on an order placed on 26th July. After 2 phone calls and 40min on the phone, there has been no resolution and the store is unable to advise where the item is. Have been told I will be contacted via email in 48hrs, which I was also told on 9th Aug, but was never contacted. For a store that used to pride itself on customer service, your standards have definitely dropped. I won’t be ordering online again with you.

Christmas Shopping Made Easy

I’ve never been a David Jones shopper until last Christmas when I’d experienced dreadful service in another store. I went into DJs Indooroopilly, loaded with multiple bags, feeling frazzled and not knowing my way around. A lovely staff member asked if I needed any help, he pointed me in the right direction. A few minutes later he came running back with a couple of massive carry bags for me to put my multitude of smaller bags into, which made carrying them all so much easier. Every department I went into, the staff were super friendly, helpful and offered guidance. It felt like the entire store was full of Christmas spirit. As a result, I left with a smile on my face, a spring in my step and I'm now a regular customer.

Store LocationIndooroopilly

Slow delivery not mentioned on ordering

I ordered a washing machine online and expected it would be delivered within a few days. Nowhere on the website did it mention it can take up to 13 working days and that the delivery would come from Samsung itself. If they did I would not have purchased from David Jones online as I was without a machine. I learnt my lesson there. They sent me a tracking number via email but on their own admission it didn’t relate to anything! I wish I had bought the machine elsewhere as many companies offered next day, free delivery with removal of old machine. The online assistant staff were most unhelpful. I would not buy from them online again.

They don’t know international shoe size differences #$&@*

AU shoe sizes are not the same as US shoe sizing! You cannot advertise a US14 shoe as an AU14, because it is actually an AU13 (Same as UK13) SURELY a store like DJ’s should know that!! Bought 2 pairs of Sketchers online advertised as AU14’s which arrived and where clearly marked as US14 and UK13’s. A waste of time, effort and money.
You need to lift your “game” DJ’s ..... shoe buyers beware!

Service - The Lack Of

What on earth are you thinking by not providing your customers with the staff to process their sales? Lately, my experiences regardless of time or location, have sadly left a lot to be desired. You have reduced what was once a pleasure into “why bother” experience. Not all that long ago, a staff member would actually approach offering to assist you. Not any more. If you “win the lottery” and find a staff member, they are processing a sale whilst apologising to you and others for your wait, with a phone ringing continuously at the counter or one close by (unattended, of course) - a nightmare - not only for the customer but this staff member too! Perhaps it is time to look back at what worked (I might add - worked well) and not continue down the road you are on, as you may find all the customers you once had disappear!

Unbelievably bad.

.Went to checkout my basket (12 items) from their so -called "on-line store" only to discover that none of the items could be delivered. Advised they were "click and collect" only.
mmm...not great but ok . I was prepared to drive to pickup my order. HOWEVER, they don't collate the order!
You apparently are supposed to click on EACH item and then pick it up from a store that has it (mostly 3 or 4 stores in Sydney and Melbourne. Not great if you live in WA)
When I finally got through to their client help they told me the only way I could get my items was. to phone each individual store and get them to transfer it to a local store where I could then pick it up ??? Umm, that is not on - line shopping.
While every one of the people I I dealt was pleasant, courteous and tried to be helpful, DJ 's online is a bad joke.

Great online buying experience and quick delivery

As a stay at home carer I find it hard to get out to look at products in the shops so online shopping is a must. I always do a lot of research on the items I am purchasing and the retail store I am using. I did read quite a lot of bad reviews regarding the online shopping with David Jones so was a little put off, but as they offered free delivery and the product was cheaper I went ahead.
I am so glad I did as the product arrived at my home in just 3 days from ordering it.
Thank you David Jones and hopefully you will keep up the good work.

Negative -100 Stars /

Living in the 21st century where Amazon, Coles & Woolworths offers 'same day delivery' It has been 5 days since my online order and my item is NOT YET SHIPPED. I spend 45minutes waiting on the phone to only receive "Its coming soon" from the customer service. I decided to go online to use their 'CHAT' but after spending half an hour waiting for a reply, i finally received "All our customer service are offline"

David Jones can suck a##

Amazon could deliver products within 7 hours. David Jones cannot even ship it after 5 days

Bad Customer Service leave David Jones away

I bought something from David Jones online with a free gift pack. Next day I received email said gift pack out of stock and they cancelled the free gift pack. I spent more than 2 hours on their online chat and phone call. They told they can't cancel the order. Only thing I can do is I pick up the order and then return it. Their customer service is really waste life. Screw David Jones.

After lodging a complaint is anyone going to respond?? It't four days I am yet hearing anything from David John's management
I had same problem. I was called too fat (I'm a size 10/12) to shop with the store in Perth. It took 4 weeks before I got a manager. Keep emailing and calling up. Bad service should be accountable.I don t believe some one would say that I have been shopping at david jones for years and have never come across a rude sales assistant.They just don’t care you get better service from an USA department store and the prices are cheaper even with gst and postage

I haven't got a receipt as I bought the microwave and hot water kettle more than 10 years ago / I usually don't like to go to David Jones as the older workers think someone might nick something / has anyone had the same experience at David Jones stores?
Never mind I found that the mid ranged workers are alright thoughYes, my teenage daughter and I were in the Elizabeth Street fashion dept and one attendant, nodding to us, yelled to another across the room "Don't worry, I'm watching them". My daughter was carrying the bag containing the expensive suit I had just bought for her on another floor. The yeller approached my daughter, rudely peering into the bag, and said "Oooh, I see you've bought something". I was appalled and have never forgotten this incident which happened more than 20 years ago. Seems like not much has improved since then.

Does David Jones price match with Peter's of kensington?
I've never heard of Peter's of Kensington. Just Googled it and looks like it's a NSW store. I'm in VIC so perhaps that explains it :)If experience has anyhting to do with it... stores usually avoid "price matching" by changing the label or commenting on a product's unique characteristics. So No... they'll just look at you as low class and tell you go away and count your pennies at the other store.