David Jones

FranRoseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Received used haircare goods

Bibota

BibotaCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Absolutely terrible online customer service and order delivery. Shemozzle of a company!

I made two online orders 81139106 and 81139050 on 25th April 2021. David Jones still did not not deliver the two items. Spoken and contacted Customer Support 9 times and still no refund.
I was told by their Chat Room that their "system is broken" and that has been going on for 15 days....at the same time they continue to take online orders, don't deliver the items nor refunds justifying it by "system is broken". What a shemozzle of a company!

Isabel

IsabelSydney, NSW

Terrible service

I was in David Jones Chatswood chase store this afternoon with 2 of my daughters. We were shopping for sunglasses and jewellery. There were about 6 David Jones employees including a Mimco employee that all looked at us but completely ignored us. I timed it and stood at the counter for approximately 9 minutes before I had to actually ask for assistance. In the entire time I was there no one asked if I needed anything. They all looked at us but never once asked if I needed anything. Everyone is a customer and David Jones are the worst retailer.

Natasa C.

Natasa C.Sydney, NSW

Awfully slow delivery

I bought a mothers day gift on 2nd of may and received it today which is the 10th of may. They suck! I contacted them and mentioned their site said express post and they said it's express once we send it to you. It took them a whole week to pick it up from the store and they sent it on the 6th. I got an email at 9.47pm on the 6th saying my parcel was sent. Same thing happened with my order in January but I thought this things happen. Not to me though. I buy online and standard delivery takes far less than David Jones take. They're either too lazy or don't care to pick up a parcel and send it. I will return it and doubt I'll shop here again

Suresh C.

Suresh C.Sydney, NSW

Worst customer service ever

The small appliance manager in Macquarie store focused more into his profit and loss than helping the customer to get a product fixed. Terrible customer service from a manager who runs a department. He mentions he totally understands what I meant everytime he starts his conversation but the fact is he didn’t really understand what I meant to say. All I wanted was new product because the one I have is faulty and it’s still under warranty, he mentioned he needs to follow the procedure given by the supplier but he forgot the customers buy their products not the suppliers.

isa

isaSydney, NSW

Click & Collection Disaster David Jones

Kartina

KartinaSydney, NSW

Click and collect item takes 2 weeks then the money refunded

mikedajazz

mikedajazzSydney, NSW

Love David Jones..... BUT their phone directory assistance is woeful.

Phone directory assistance is woeful.
Auto assistant doesn’t recognise store names.... patched through to several wrong stores.... then no one picks up the phone.

Lili B

Lili BMurray Region, NSW

My long search finally ended

My husband has been trying to buy Chanel No 5 Edt for me since before Christmas. Every source as exhaustively searched -nothing. Of course, with Covid affecting perfume production as it has lots of other things, I wasn't surprised. The more difficult to get, the more I longed for it. Earlier this week, I checked David Jones. After a short online conversation, I confirmed that they had stock and ordered one on his behalf. That was four days ago, and I had it in my hand this morning. We live in a rural area and I think that is wonderful, above average service. So, to those who have bagged out David Jones, it seems they often get it right.

Find out how David Jones compares to other Shops

Cheating on the ad banner

It shows on the website 15 samples gifts on purchase over 850. But the response from DJ they don’t have stocks on the gifts. I can only choose to refund or go to retail store to ask for sample gifts. If they don’t have stock they shouldn’t put this ad on website to attempt people. I placed the order on Monday 19th but the ad banner still live until Friday 23rd. They have enough time to replace the ad or warn people when buying the product but they don’t. They don’t care. This is really immoral.

Nicole

NicoleMelbourne

Team does not know their own policies

Beryl

Beryl

Cancelled Order No Reason Given

Made an order for 2 items at David Jones online. Received a confirmation email, and the purchase was deducted from my Credit Card. Nearly a week later received an email saying 'We're sorry to let you know that we are unable to fulfil this order.' No reason was given as to why this had happened. Very poor show and service David Jones. I wont be using your online service again.

No reason to cancel my order

I made an online order. Next day, they sent me an email:
..........

We're sorry to let you know that we are unable to fulfil this order.

...........

I called and asked the reason, they told me to wait them call back.........

The item is online now. I have not received their refund, so I do not have enough money to buy stuff now!

SmithS

SmithSNew South Wales

David jones fulfilment centre silverwater

I places an order, I wanted to return the goods. I took the parcel back to DJs fulfilment centre silverwater, I got told I had to take the package to a post office and pay $15 to return the package a few streets over from where I live.
Am never shopping with DJs again.

agooddane

agooddaneCanberra Central 2601, ACT

3 strikes

Sadly I have had another really bad experience when buying linen online at DJ. I get it that during sales its sometimes hard to keep stock levels clear. But I have again purchased linen (sheridan -1 x king doona cover & 1 x set pillow cases) and received pillow cases, but no sign of king cover. I got a similar response as other reviewer when I lodged an inquiry. They would check with Sheridan? Come on. I've had exactly the same experience on 2 other occasions with other brands and items. I give up. Now I will have to either hope someone returns the same item, or I will have to schlep the cases to a store for refund. Annoying and waste of time and confidence in the brand. I wont get fooled again.

johnboschen

johnboschenMelbourne

New Sydney store is the pits!

Used to love visiting the David Jones Sydney City store from Melbourne. Now that they have condensed two stores down to one, it feels cramped, no stock and down market. Massive fail.

Nancy K.

Nancy K.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing

A plastic bag for a Tommy Hilfiger bag??? Plastic bags everywhere without David Jones logo? You make your products look cheap. So disappointing.

Ally

AllyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Missing item

Ordered Sheridan baby towels from DJ online. They Sent 1 of the towels after 1 week. After nearly 3 weeks and multiple phone calls still haven’t recieved other towel. Very embarrassing as unable to visit the new baby without whole present. Seriously disgusting service. DJ keep saying they are waiting on the Sheridan store. I didn’t order from Sheridan stores! I ordered from David Jones. Next time state product not available if it’s not in your store!!!

Useless website

Wanted to buy shoes online but there was option to select my size in search bar.Have to click on every item to check if there was my shoe size available. It was wastage of time for me , their poor website setup did put me off shopping .

Sarah W.