David Jones Online Store

See the Best Online Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by David Jones

MEI
MEIGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unbelievable truth: one of the most expensive stores, David Jones, the service belongs to one of the cheapest!

Salvatore D.
Salvatore D.Perth, WA

Top notch

Ordered a Tommy jeans long sleeve rugby polo shirt. Great polo shirt. But, also great, in my opinion, was the speed that David Jones managed to get this to me. Sydney to Perth. Three business days. Better yet, the shirt was beautifully packed, avoiding to many cotton creases. Mind you, the Tommy jeans cotton, organic, used in this shirt is of such a high quality that creases are far and few in between. Good work David Jones.

Abdul A.
Abdul A.

Wrong order

Ordered a camera online, package arrives, I open it up and its a set of damn wireless headphones. 100% sure the bloke packing the order stole the camera.

Nothappyjan
NothappyjanSydney, NSW

Quick and good product

Not sure why such poor views as my order was delivered in 2 days... although it was split into 3 ( and have only had part1 so far). Was able to use my points easily which has been an issue in the past. Good quality products and good discount withe extra 20% off reduced items. Never had an issue with DJs.

Find out how David Jones Online Store compares to other Online Shops

Again taking payment without stock

Purchased shoes (online) and waited three days, only to receive a customer service (copy&paste) email stating they don't have stock and will refund me in up to 7 business days. No service recovery, they just refer to t's&c's

Indy
IndyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Laguiole culteey

I ordered a cutlery (raffine) set from the eofy sale and it arrived but the wrong set (Maison) which is $200 price difference. Product arrived with plastic torn and everything fell out. Contacted DJS to be told to take it in order to exchange and told there is no availability in vic stores to go and pay for post to return it and order another one without the sale. Now im at our of pocket either way. Can’t believe in this day and age DJS trying to compete with online retailers cannot offer return pick up. you can order from overseas and there isn’t an error in product or have to pay out of pocket because of their incompetence! Terrible!

Chantal
ChantalSydney, NSW

Avoid David Jones - zero customer service and simply not worth the headache

I ordered a $440 perfume but received an $8.95 nail polish. After a lot of following up from me and absolutely no effort from them to keep me in the loop, they acknowledged their error, but are yet to take steps to correct it over a week later - apart from ensuring they got their bottle of nail polish back. So now I have no product and no refund, however David Jones certainly made sure they looked after themselves. I have had a number of bad customer service experiences in-store at David Jones but thought it was restricted to one store, however it now seems like the clear lack of customer care is rife David Jones-wide. This is why I will never shop there again and urge others to find alternate retailers.

Tony W.
Tony W.Sydney, NSW

customer service team is not really helpful

the item they sent is missed by aus post, they keep asking me to contact aus post to sort out.

Gabriela
GabrielaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Product advertised as free never received

I spent over $60 in Clinique products and was meant to get a free gift set, which I never received. Customer service team via chat said they are now sold out and cannot send me one.

Paul G
Paul GGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Contempt for the customer

Damian
DamianSydney, NSW

Promotional Gift Cards Expire After 1 month!?

Ordered a few items over Xmas 2021, and received some gift cards from David Jones as gifts. Assuming these would last a minimum 12 months, I was pleasantly surprised just now to learn they expired after 1 month! Must be the only company out there that do this, what a bunch of crooks. 1 month expiry?! Unbelievable…and to not even communicate such an terrible policy clearly. Terrible company.

Terrible customer service

Ordered an item valued at around $2500 online which I needed in a hurry. The cut-off time for same-day delivery had passed, so the website promised next day delivery which is perfectly reasonable. Late the following day I contacted the David Jones online chat to enquire about my order status as the tracking showed it had not been collected by the courier. I was told that as I did not wait until after midnight to place my order David Jones would not honour any promise of same or next day delivery, despite accepting my money for that service. The service agent, who was unhelpful throughout the chat, abruptly terminated the chat without providing any satisfactory information. I certainly won’t be shopping with David Jones again any time soon.

NCH
NCHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stole my money

DJ cancelled my order for no reason and then issued a credit note instead. Hello?? I didn't cancel it, YOU did! Now I have to spend more money because you hold my fund to ransom, and force me to spend at your store for something else!

• Incentivised Review No

Terrible customer experience after David Jones sent me the wrong items

I received someone else's top from their order and david jones would not send me my items I had ordered even thought I need them for a work function.

• Return Claim MadeYes
buyerbeware
buyerbewareSydney, NSW

I’m impressed!

I often order from DJs online and have been happy with everything, but felt a shout out was deserved for my last order. I decided on a Mothers Day gift and DJs was the best price. DJs tracked down the item in another state (their Karrinyup WA store) and, without me knowing, upgraded the shipping from standard to express to ensure it reached my mum in NSW in time for Mothers Day. The glass item was carefully packaged, and my mum was especially impressed with the gift wrapping and gift card (I was surprised these were both free services). Thank you David Jones!