David Jones Online Store

See the Best Online Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for David Jones? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Ciri
CiriGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed in black silk pyjama design for $400

I wanted to spoil myself thinking id buy 1 piece for $500. The silk shirt i wanted wasnt in stock so i bought black silk pyjamas. Im disappointed - the pants are half elasic half drawstring - in silk all drawstring would be best & theres a tiny useless pocket over left breast - pockets in pyjamas are essential but 2 over left & right hip are much better.
Covered silk buttons would also be better over the flat (which will wear quicker & look average) fakish mother of pearl which was delivered. They were only offered in black & trim was ok but a bigger range of colours wouldve been desirable. Navy at least. Im a little disappointed with this investment.

Need to do better

Every time I buy something online from David Jones I have to correct my address which is ALWAYS incorrect and reset my password. The last garment I bought, less than a month ago, arrived with the security tag still attached. David Jones' solution? I could drive up to Tuggerah and have it removed! Is this what constitutes "customer service"? David Jones needs to get its act together. Surely you can do better than this. F. Henderson

Stixpicks
Stixpicks South East Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful!

Usually great service from David Jones but not this time! Long story short, ordered online a new pizza oven and they delivered a used one, crumbs and all! Initial conversation with them was impressive, a great solution offered. It has now been over 3 weeks, no refund, no compensation, and they have reversed their initial offer!

Find out how David Jones Online Store compares to other Online Shops

So pleased! Product came quickly and in perfect condition.

I was so worried after reading all these bad reviews . I had bought a product that was half the price of any other store and thought it was going to be way to good to be true. I was so pleased when it arrived three days later. I had excellent email correspondence through the whole process and the product arrived in perfect condition just as I ordered. Thankyou David Jones

Leanne Davies
Leanne DaviesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ordered $200 waffle maker -was delivered a pair of men’s shorts???

I ordered $200 waffle maker and was delivered a $34 pair of men’s shirts??? It’s not easy getting a resolution either! Many phone calls - 10 days to get my refund!! The most disappointing experience

Took $999.00 from my bank for a item they didn't have. Bank can refund in 24 hours but DJ did not have process to do it

Tosie
TosieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality clothing & customer service

I purchased two short-sleeved collared cardigan tops. I wore both only a couple of times and the stitching started to come apart on BOTH items at the collar! I e-mailed David Jones and never received a reply. Very disappointing. Expected so much more from David Jones in relation to quality and customer service.

Fabi
FabiSydney, NSW

Terrible Packing and customer service

Totally disappointed as I expected more attention on packing and dispatch.

I purchased one dinner set online and the first that it arrived, I noticed one bowl was broken. However I have tried to exchange just the bowl as they sell single items, I have been told that I couldn’t do it as I bought in a set.
So I went to store and I got a refund, and decided to buy again as I couldn’t imagine that it will happen one more time.
Yesterday the dinner set arrived and this time two bowls were broken, I don’t what is happening with David Jones I expected more.
I don’t know what to do as I don’t wanna take the whole set again to store. I just wanna exchange my broken bowls. Is that so hard?

Ravi G.
Ravi G.Perth, WA

Terrible plus horrible Customer Service

TravelBugg
TravelBuggbrisvegas

TERRIBLE return policy

David Jones. You will go out of business very soon if you don't change your ways. i purchased a pair of shoes online for $76.30. I went to get a refund as they did not fit and looked terrible. I went to one of your retailed stores who told me that I cannot get a refund as I had purchased it online and paid via Paypal. This is UNACCEPTABLE; no wonder ASOS and other online retailers are taking away your business. I never want to shop at any of your stores again once I've spent my exact $76.30. this is unacceptable.

TERRIBLE

Terrible customer service i will never purchase from david jones again never never
the same products are sold here at 50$ more expensive than other sites from google search i placed the online order at 9pm and immediately found that out so i've demended it to be cancelled immediately the next morning at 9am but i was told the order can't be cancelled or modified. there's no customer service direct number.

Nina
NinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Price reduced after 1 week purchases

I recently brought a mattress “SEALY PLUSH”!! The mattress are hard as a rock! Read the description was a scam! After brought the mattress it went extra 10% off!! I rang twice to customer service one lady hang up on me because i said “complaint!” each time I had to waited at least 20mins to reach someone! eventually I went on Chat room the guy said “Because it’s a promotional item we cannot price match!”??? What sort of large company even said that? Purely this David Jone need to re-educated your staff member and the service you provide to your customer!

Returned an item in perfect condition…had it rejected and returned worn, reeking of BO and stuffed into a zip lock bag?

Colwyn C.
Colwyn C.

Refused to refund or replace insist on lenghty repairs taking 3-5 months

I received a online purchase of a coffee machine back in 26th January 2021
Order Date: 26 Jan 2021
Unit did not work correctly contacted manufacture which tried basic troubleshooting but advised to return to store for refund/replacemenent.
returned unit to David Jones malvern, and its been nearly 6 months since i lodged a fault with the manufacturer.
David Jones refused my ACCC rights to a refund/replacement esp since the repair was not able to be done in a reasonable amount of time. Rang DJ support [Name Removed] refused saying its covid repairs take as long as they take when i tried to explain that sorry no the consumer can now insist on a replacement/refund she hung up on me.

Totally disgusting

I spent 2 hours and ordered online but after one day i got email that we cant process your order due to some issues.. i dont know what issues are but its totally disgusting as if already paid amount and every thing i ordered is over there than its your fault how you can manage to deliver us.. i will not order again any thing. Its totally waste of time.

Read more reviews - page 2See all David Jones reviews