1.3

Kirsten

KirstenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Appalling service

I placed an online order for a range of items. Firstly the length of time to receive the goods was terrible. Items were split up. 3 items I ordered still had the security tags on them. I was told the easiest way to get them removed is to go into a store. If I wanted to go into a store I wouldn't have ordered online. Now in the midst of COVID, I am heading out to the post office to send the items back. I am so annoyed!

failure to deliver and refund

I ordered a fridge for $1187 delivered. Not delivered after 6 weeks, asked for refund and told I will get one. 1 week later asked for another refund still none.

Areej

AreejSouth East Queensland, QLD

I would give zero stars if I could - horrible website wasted 2 hours

Website is a disaster! Here are the issues I encountered:
1. You cannot filter most clothing like all other decent online shopping stores
2. After adding items to my cart, at some point whatever was $41 suddenly bounced back to original price $199 even though the sale was still ON!!!
3. All items which were Click and Collect only at the very last step in my checkout I found out they are 13000Kms away! It's a simply "if statement" in your code to limit the number of Kms to a reasonable radius for the customer. Who is going to drive thousands of Kms for a pair of briefs!

Seriously, for a company this fancy, I only have one thing to say to you... What the *** ?

Jack

JackWishart

Searching the Shelves for what's left over

Ordered an item of clothing online, I live in Queensland, David Jones has sourced the item in Victoria.
David Jones obviously scouring the country to find out what they have got left on the shelves. Is this new stock I wonder or something that has been hanging arounds for years on display.
I am shocked David Jones hasn't a distribution centre Not at all happy sign of the times uess I should move on.

Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

Poor experience and very poor Customer Service

Adzy C.

Adzy C.Sydney, NSW

wow. Awful customer experience

Why do you think it's a good idea to not tell someone that they have to click and collect something from 800kms away BEFORE THEY ADD IT TO A CART!!!! Seriously, such a bad customer experience. Spent 2 hours adding stuff to a cart only to be told that 80% of the items need to be collected from different stores all in Queensland (I'm in NSW). terrible experience.

Lena

LenaSouth Australia

Bye bye

David Jones please fix your website. So many people try to purchase and search for an item and get no where. So much time wasted to try and search for an item ...now I'm here then it goes there then it disappears . SO FRUSTRATING!! You are loosing so many sales, everyone are complaining. I have written to you before but without avail so I will not waste any more of my time using your website as it seems you dont want to waste any of your time in retifying the problem. Bye .

Sareh G.

Sareh G.Sydney, NSW

best quality

I buy clothes and shoes for hubby from David Jones online store, yes it can be pricey yet the best quality
I usually shop when they have sale almost monthly or every 2 months they have like 30 percent off clothes
Crazy deals there fast free shipping but gotta be really fast as the good sizes vanish in a blink of an eye.
They return policy is easy i dont go for second thought if i see something good.

Kaz

KazSydney, NSW

Do Not Bother

SARAH

SARAHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible, avoid online store

Ordered a wireless speaker and have been waiting for three weeks for delivery. After lodge enquiries with DJ and Post it turns out being lost..Giving DJ call to resolve, only refund can be issued and still waiting for the refund. Forget to mention, average wait time on the call is one hour.

Engy

EngySydney, NSW

bad online experience

I have tried online shopping with David Jones a few times choosing click and collect. Every time I place an order it goes through and then I receive an email saying your item is cancelled as it is not found. This happened multiple times not only once. I am not even trying to order from DJ again.

Pearl

PearlSydney, NSW

Customer Service is appalling

I have purchased from DJ online a few times and there were no issues. Just bought a fridge from them 2 weeks ago and there has been no ETA. Tried to contact them via, phone, email and live chat and all proven to be very frustrating and unhelpful...

They rarely reply to emails but if you complain using their online feedback form they will resolve things for you

The general customer service team think it is ok to not reply to emails (polite emails I should add). If you lodge your customer feedback using their online feedback form then theIr customer relations department will sort things out for you - but just expect to wait. It took a month for my issue to get resolved. But it did get resolved. And their products are very good.

Snorlax

SnorlaxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Online order arrived DAMAGED. No one cares!

DON'T TRY TO CALL

David Jones has a centralised system to take phone calls. You are asked by some robot what store you wish to speak to - then you wait... and wait... and wait... Gone are the days when you could call the store direct, SAVE YOUR MONEY. Don't waste your time hoping to eventually to get through because the company won't pay someone to answer the phone. Speaking directly to customers should be part of the service.

Is it a scam?

Online experience is horrible. I ordered a Mac and they asked me to provide the copies of my credit card and ID. Even if I gave them those information, they still cancelled my order. Ridiculous! What a waste of time!
But what can I say? The comments here are unsurprisingly negative. If you care about your privacy and time, you'd better avoid DJ at all cost

Scott Gale

Scott GaleMid North Coast, NSW

There is no other store like David Jones

Living in the country I rely on ordering from Department Stores. I purchase regularly from DJs online and have never had an issue. DJs offers a great range of products and excellent delivery times, even in COVID-19.

Mrs J. Fahie

Mrs J. FahiePerth, WA

Complete disregard for customers

I ordered some perfume online from DJ. It took over two weeks to deliver,
At the same time I ordered some clothing from Myer online.
Myer used common sense and delivered from the main Branch in Perth, and it arrived in five days.
David Jones evidently sent my order from the Eastern States . When you try to contact them it is impossible. All you get is the usual rubbish about covid and long delays. If you want people to shop with you, put on more staff when your busy, but you can be sure that this company will not get my business in the future and I hope this means that shops like yours will consider that how you treat your customers in bad times,will come back to bite you when things get better!,

Service

I have used David Jones online shopping service several times and with each purchase I found the service easy to use, good variety, accurate and efficient. Even during the covd19 pandemic my purchases arrived timely.

jikodos

jikodosasked

David Jones Online Store

If I am a staff member . How doe I get my staff discount without going into the store

Mat.
Mat.

That’s classified.

K-Em
K-Em

You need to email People Assist and they can set up the discount in your account. It will take them about a week to do it.

CaleWale

CaleWaleasked

David Jones Online Store

How do u get any further with a purchase from when u view your bag? There is no payment button or check- out option. I'm just stuck with a bag of stuff but can't purchase it. Am I missing something or not doing something right. I am very tired. ? Oh I can't add the screenshot.

Cheesed Off
Cheesed Off

Are you ordering on a mobile device? I sometimes get this when I use my iPad mini. If you turn the screen so it is landscape instead of portrait then you will hopefully see the checkout button. If this doesnt work you may have to call them.

Ask the company

Wendy C

Wendy Casked

David Jones Online Store

I’ve been trying for hours to speak to the online division.. the phone answers then left on hold for more than 40 minutes.. makes you decide that you don’t want to purchase that desperately... very disappointing considering they are trying to expand with online ordering..

Fired Up

You have incorrectly posted under the Question section.