Josh

JoshPerth, WA

Refuse refund after requested bank statement provided

Horrible company, debit on incorrect days & refuse to refund fees even when proof is provided of adequate funds in the account at time of debit. Will change gyms if the owner doesn’t allow us to pay another way. AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Wolfie

WolfieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Complete Scam

Did have a gym membership and did have the correct money for the debit to go but they kept canceling it and now I’m being hassled by a debt collector...

False overcharge

My gym membership is always on time and I always have the 12.99 ready to go but this week it didn't take the membership. There is money in my account but suddenly I get this overdue charge. So I send an email, and now after looking around its not the first time this company has done this.
I will be talking to my gym about this and awaiting the correct response for this companies inability to do there job properly.

Beware of this company! *BEWARE*

I have paid my overdue fees & showed proof of transactions! And emails..They refuse to acknowledge I even made the payments.charged with overdue fee today when have sufficient funds.. PLEASE HELP!

Unhappy

UnhappySydney, NSW

Vile and can't be bothered!

Really bad customer service. I asked for a cancellation for my GKR Karate membetshipnand the customer service sounded rude, condescending and not bothered. When I asked for a confirmation for the cancellation either via email or text, they replied that it was unnecessary and I could only trust that it would be processed.

Only if I knew the direct debit would take 28 days to process! I'd definitely choose to pay cash only.

Chlo c.

Chlo c.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How do they get away with there fees

Debit success charge late payment fees to very vulnerable customers. I
I dont have alot of money and you guys charge $10.00 for each of my accounts.
I will take this to AFCA as it is just wrong. How does debit success justify this fee.
I have emailed them to refund the fee but no response to date.
I want them to breakdown the late payment fee and tell me why they charge this fee to already struggling customers. Absolutely horrible.
I have been late with so many of my payments due to not having much money and yet not one other company has charged me these fees. Take the company to AFCA try and get your money back. It will cost them if you complain to AFCA. They are a horrible company, hence why the bad reviews.

Shannon M.

Shannon M.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Avoid this company at all costs

This company is a scam. I have phoned them twice to have my payments cancelled. Now I am under severe financial hardship and their response is we will send the debt collectors after you. They will not enter a payment plan and demand the account be brought up to date immediately (after 3 weeks)

Biggest Load of Bull

They're a bunch of scammers that have nothing else better to do then to find weird days to add a $10 dishonor fees when theres always been money in the account. I've been with the gym for 3-4 years and this is the first phone call I get saying I owe $180. Not paying a dime buddy

Money hungry despicable company - avoid!!

Had to put up with dealing with this company twice now and its deplorable how little they care about customers or allowing for human circumstances.
If you're a company looking to hire them... Don't!!! you'll end up with your own complaints

Find out how Debit Success compares to other Financial Services

Worst customer service and like to drag things out

Got locked into a 3year contract and I’m not aloud to cancel as my medical certificate doesn’t state 12 months. I’m sorry but my membership ends on June 8th and after that it’s not your business. With the customer service I’ve been receiving I won’t be agreeing to any more time. Not impressed.

Vivi P.

Vivi P.South East Queensland, QLD

Direct debit procedure in the wrong date

They try to debit from your account in the wrong date and make you pay a “dishonor fee” for not having “enough” founds.
If you make a complain they ask you for your whole week bank statement not only the date statement.

Oliver

OliverSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mafia like business

Even in the hard times of covid they still take an extra $10 from you if there isnt enough in your bank account. So many people in my gym hate this company and its time we raise it with the owners to change the service provider. Rip offs!

Viktor A

Viktor AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Appalling

Horrible. They don't even reply to emails and avoid you via phone calls. No other way to put it other than a major cash grab. The only good reviews that come out of this company are from gym business owners that benefit from it - They're terrible towards customers.

DebitsuccessDebit Success

Fraudulent

If this debit company makes one attempt at charging your bank account and it isn't successful, you get charge a penalty of $10. Even banks are more considerate.
They are rip offs

DebitsuccessDebit Success
Chance

ChanceSydney, NSW

A truly horrible company with exceptionally combative call centre staff who are clearly under harsh KPI stress

Find out how Debit Success compares to other Financial Services

What a joke of a company

This company is a literal joke, i’ve changed gyms because they use this company and my dealings with them have been beyond unprofessional. I signed up with a bank account and paid once with a card, i have agreed to only have debits come out the bank account however they keep going back to the card. Therefore charging me fees from them and the bank for debits when it’s not the account i want it to come out of.

Rkm

RkmSydney, NSW

Unprofessional

Employee 462(Theo) very unhelpful and unprofessional! Keep an eye on your account and make sure there not overcharging you as from what I’m hearing this is very common with this company

Arthur17

Arthur17South East Queensland, QLD

Pretty much a scam

ditty

dittySouthwest, VIC

Ripped off

company emailed me trying to get me to pay more money for an account that l closed 10 months ago, l did not owe any money, was not happy they are rude and threatened debt collectors for $18, not happy very unprofessional and will not join with anyone that uses them again, please be aware of this and do not use them. left me so upset!!

**Must Read**

Mel S.

Mel S.asked

I have something from this being taken out of my account and I have no idea why I never asked for it to be taken out and I would like it to be cancelled. I'm confused as to why it's been done. Thanks. Mel

Sheryll
Sheryll

It looks like you may have subscribed to a business whether gym or educational one that takes money out of your account periodically. See if you can call them. But it is very hard to get through to them.

Kerri
Kerri

Mel, I would report your C/C as lost then a new card will be issued and then next time they try to deduct it it won't work.
Have you ever been a member of a any gym & it took 20mins to get through to them and I advised them i that my membership had expired in April 2019 conversation with D/S
D/S "that is the min date"
me "I didn't sign up for eternity, but 1 year only"
D/S "your contract states min 1 year"
me "that's illogical and not legal in Australia, contracts have end dates and not open ended & I'm not paying for the next 20years"
D/S "Well your debit will continue to mount up unless the gym advises us"

I spoke finally got through to the gym and emailed D/S and cancelled everything as they had on file were I contacted them in Feb 2020 to cancel the membership.

ripoffsspreets
ripoffsspreets

AFCA will take care of this company and i am trying to get them deregistered for their conduct it is criminal and also the fees they are charging are illegal get your banks to stop any more payments from them.

Laura

Lauraasked

Hi,

Why does debit success ask for my netbanking client number and password when attempting to pay online by direct debit? If I disclosed this information I would e violating the terms and conditions of my netbanking account with my bank.

There is a reddit that talks about this - https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/comments/c9bnb8/zap_fitness_payment_gateway_asking_for_netbak/

Thanks!

Eash A
Eash A

that is very very concerning that they want your net banking password, they essentially want to access your bank account to pay themselves?

Sophie R.

Sophie R.asked

Someone other than debit success please reply!
Has anyone gone through the accc or financial ombudsman to sort this company out? I am at my wits end with paying extra money every week. It is disgraceful how this business works but I just want to find a way out of it. Ever since signing up for my gym they have been nothing but trouble. I still use my gym and cannot afford to pay the fee for breaking the contract. I have also heard from countless people of them transferring their gym membership only to have debt collectors come back months later saying they owe $800+ to this company. I am sure they aren't attempting to take money out of my account resulting in a fee. I just want to know what my options are to avoid this fraudulent and pathetic excuse for a company.

Julia P
Julia P

I would also like to go through a financial ombudsman as I have been charged outside of my contract for Debit Success

Tathra D.
Tathra D.

Speak to your bank. Dispute all fees and request refunds.

Get an answer from our members and Debit Success representatives