Disney+

Disney+

Carley-Jean F.

Carley-Jean F.Sydney, NSW

Wow Just Wow

All my old Disney classics + new original Disney content that i used to pay $25 for is now $8.99 a month. The release of STAR just made it even better with TV shows that used to cost a fortune and movies that have stuck with me for years. Still $8.99 cheapest streaming service for the best content. What more can u want?

Jason

JasonMid North Coast, NSW

Deceptive Buggers

Called to cancel my account & was given the complete run around to the point where they point blank refused to deleat the accont,
All I wanted them to do was stop emailing me for Ann account I never completed registration on.
They want me to complete the registration to deleat the account to stop emails and any future payments, issue is there system won't let me compleat the registration.
For a for a comoany worth the billions they are it certainly is pathetic when they refuse to deleat an account in the hope to make a petty dollar

Geoff A

Geoff AAU

Issues with gift subscription

Don’t buy a Disney+ Gift Card

Don’t buy a gift card through Disney+ Australia, they didn’t send the email to the recipient and it was impossible to resolve! Terrible customer service, lucky I paid with PayPal!

NikB

NikBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just try and cancel your account.

I just spent 2 hours attempting to cancel my account without success. You would think it would be an easy task just logging into your account, possibly clicking 'manage account' and seeing a cancel/ delete account option at the bottom BUT NO you go down a circular rabbit hole and end up speaking to someone in an American call centre who politely also cannot help you because you had the misfortune of joining via your mobile phone using Google Play OR iTunes which he cannot disclose because HOW does he know you are the actual account holder. Seriously, this is a subscription scam designed to lock you in to unending monthly payments.

Milenaemma

MilenaemmaMelbourne, Victoria

Scam! Disney plus subscribes you automatically without sending bills or notifications so you are not aware of it

We subscribe for Disney plus for a month. 5 months later we notice money was taken monthly for 5 months. The lady on the phone said it's written in the first letter. Well if it's so where is my monthly receipts of transaction? They are scammers

Trialled and cancelled and can't stop charges a year later

Still charging me a year on wards. Try to email them but no responses or have to try and contact on the phone only to hear that I don't have an email address that minks to account to stop charges even though I'm the card account holder.

Now trying to report as fraud with my bank!!

Money hungry halfwits

Been taking money out of 2 of my accounts each month. Only realised today as was charged after cancellation. At the beginning of my subscription, They locked me out of my account and still charged me, refusing refund.

Wim_d

Wim_dSydney, NSW

Disney+ waste of time

Using Disney plus is a nightmare. The most clunky snd rubbish system of any streaming service. Fails to load anything properly and is so jumpy, similar to watching YouTube in 2007. Easily the worst streaming service, has little variety. If you really want to watch something off disney you’re 100% better or buying the DVD from somewhere then trying to stream it on this service

Shaxpier

ShaxpierSydney, NSW

Solid Offering

tambwn

tambwnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sick of paying for something that rarely works

Almost never loads Have excellent wifi etc but always a problem Called the company was supposed to gain a credit - to our knowledge still hasn’t happened.
Very disappointing for us and the children

Tashii

Tashii

This is by far the worst streaming service

On top of the monthly payment you have to pay extra for new releases. To watch Mulan it was going to cost $35!!! We will be cancelling our subscription because its pointless and an absolute waste of money. Cheaper to buy a DVD.

No sound on tcl

Can’t even watch movies, no voice, sound only background music, are they even trying to fix it ? Australia 2020 , my tcl tv was bought this year too ... lame ! How is it all the other apps are just fine but this is just ridiculous

Nailz V.

Nailz V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a joke.

Charging 35 bucks for premiere access to existing subscribers for a one time, none tangible product such as a movie for streaming is beyond a joke. How this could be considered even a remotely reasonable decision BLOWS my mind.

Was a long time subscriber until they did a money grab on Mulan release.

Attempting to get people to pay more for certain movies was a disappointing move. I will not be renewing from now on and will be going back to other streaming services.

Cmp

CmpPerth, WA

Was happy until Milan release

We paid for a 1 year subscription during covid and staying home more. My daughter loves it and watches it the most out of the family. We have all found something to watch.
What I don’t agree with is Disney releasing mulan and having to pay extra to watch it. Just another grab for more money. Very disappointed. Will not be renewing.

David W.

David W.Sydney, NSW

Terrible support

Terrible Support, non-existent so far.
We used the service for a few weeks and then got "Error 73" on all devices and we are blocked from the login page on their website.
Right now I've been 2 hours waiting for online live chat after it estimated 41 minutes. After 1 hour of waiting I also called the phone number on their support website, 1800-447-430, but that number is disconnected. Google search gave a different 1800 number and I've now been on hold there for about 30 mins. Typing this review so that hopefully Disney will fix their support.

Mona S.

Mona S.Sydney, NSW

Great for the family

Signed up to Disney Plus partly to check it out, Partly because I was after one movie in particular. Impressed with the range of movies- All Disney, Marvel and Star Wars, so right up both of my boys’ alley!

I love that I can pick any episode of the Simpsons from any season and watch it when I want too, without dragging out DVDs or Blu Rays.

Picture quality is pretty good though it would be nice to see more 4k or UHD content.

For $9 a month it’s great value, especially if you are a Disney fan or have kids.

David M.

David M.South East Queensland, QLD

Downloads keep glitching. Wasted gigabytes and gigabytes on downloaded movies.

Just letting others know. Important information. Tried many times to make use of unlimited wi fi at home only to be out and the downloads all have can't play error messages.

Things I would like Disney Plus to change

I really like Disney plus, there is only a couple of things that I hope they would change, first I would love if they did live TV, there are sometimes you don't know what to watch and live TV would help with that. And I would like them to have all the TV shows and Movies listed in their section, not just the popular ones.