Disney+

Disney+

Trialled and cancelled and can't stop charges a year later

Still charging me a year on wards. Try to email them but no responses or have to try and contact on the phone only to hear that I don't have an email address that minks to account to stop charges even though I'm the card account holder.

Now trying to report as fraud with my bank!!

Money hungry halfwits

Been taking money out of 2 of my accounts each month. Only realised today as was charged after cancellation. At the beginning of my subscription, They locked me out of my account and still charged me, refusing refund.

Wim_d

Wim_dSydney, NSW

Disney+ waste of time

Using Disney plus is a nightmare. The most clunky snd rubbish system of any streaming service. Fails to load anything properly and is so jumpy, similar to watching YouTube in 2007. Easily the worst streaming service, has little variety. If you really want to watch something off disney you’re 100% better or buying the DVD from somewhere then trying to stream it on this service

Shaxpier

ShaxpierSydney, NSW

Solid Offering

tambwn

tambwnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sick of paying for something that rarely works

Almost never loads Have excellent wifi etc but always a problem Called the company was supposed to gain a credit - to our knowledge still hasn’t happened.
Very disappointing for us and the children

Tashii

Tashii

This is by far the worst streaming service

On top of the monthly payment you have to pay extra for new releases. To watch Mulan it was going to cost $35!!! We will be cancelling our subscription because its pointless and an absolute waste of money. Cheaper to buy a DVD.

No sound on tcl

Can’t even watch movies, no voice, sound only background music, are they even trying to fix it ? Australia 2020 , my tcl tv was bought this year too ... lame ! How is it all the other apps are just fine but this is just ridiculous

Nailz V.

Nailz V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

What a joke.

Charging 35 bucks for premiere access to existing subscribers for a one time, none tangible product such as a movie for streaming is beyond a joke. How this could be considered even a remotely reasonable decision BLOWS my mind.

Was a long time subscriber until they did a money grab on Mulan release.

Attempting to get people to pay more for certain movies was a disappointing move. I will not be renewing from now on and will be going back to other streaming services.

Cmp

CmpPerth, WA

Was happy until Milan release

We paid for a 1 year subscription during covid and staying home more. My daughter loves it and watches it the most out of the family. We have all found something to watch.
What I don’t agree with is Disney releasing mulan and having to pay extra to watch it. Just another grab for more money. Very disappointed. Will not be renewing.

David W.

David W.Sydney, NSW

Terrible support

Terrible Support, non-existent so far.
We used the service for a few weeks and then got "Error 73" on all devices and we are blocked from the login page on their website.
Right now I've been 2 hours waiting for online live chat after it estimated 41 minutes. After 1 hour of waiting I also called the phone number on their support website, 1800-447-430, but that number is disconnected. Google search gave a different 1800 number and I've now been on hold there for about 30 mins. Typing this review so that hopefully Disney will fix their support.

Mona S.

Mona S.Sydney, NSW

Great for the family

Signed up to Disney Plus partly to check it out, Partly because I was after one movie in particular. Impressed with the range of movies- All Disney, Marvel and Star Wars, so right up both of my boys’ alley!

I love that I can pick any episode of the Simpsons from any season and watch it when I want too, without dragging out DVDs or Blu Rays.

Picture quality is pretty good though it would be nice to see more 4k or UHD content.

For $9 a month it’s great value, especially if you are a Disney fan or have kids.

David M.

David M.South East Queensland, QLD

Downloads keep glitching. Wasted gigabytes and gigabytes on downloaded movies.

Just letting others know. Important information. Tried many times to make use of unlimited wi fi at home only to be out and the downloads all have can't play error messages.

Things I would like Disney Plus to change

I really like Disney plus, there is only a couple of things that I hope they would change, first I would love if they did live TV, there are sometimes you don't know what to watch and live TV would help with that. And I would like them to have all the TV shows and Movies listed in their section, not just the popular ones.

melbchef

melbchefCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Content

Paid for a year of Disney plus and I was excited about the hundreds of old movies I would love to watch again. Now I don’t bother. Will not re subscribe

Tara

Tara

Cancelling subscription is difficult

I have updated my review to 3 stars from 1 star due to chatting with their help centre and them cancelling my subscription again and requesting a refund. Below is my initial review:

Cancelled my subscription due to not using service. They have actually made it quite hard to even find where to cancel the subscription. 2 months later they're still taking money out of my Paypal account. Double check this isn't happening to you.

Ms G

Ms GSouth Australia

Sound issues

While I very much like the selection of movies offered on Disney Plus (much more my style than Netflix) sadly, sound is a major issue, which is why I can only give 4 stars instead of 5.

Sound effects and music in all Disney Plus movies match the settings on my laptop, but voices and conversations are so low as to be inaudible.

Had to cancel subscription as a result (and contrary to some complaints, it is very easy to cancel a subscription - no drama).

I do hope the sound issue is something they'll be able to address - if and when they do, I will definitely subscribe again.

Perrycando

PerrycandoSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible

We love Disney and there are a few good shows but not many. Only enough shows/movies to watch for a few weeks and only if you have young kids or like Star Wars/marvel. My toddler wasn’t fussed by it at all. Also it doesn’t work on all tvs or smart boxes. Very hard to navigate their system and find shows.

So the biggest disappointment to me was their terrible customer service. Just disgusting customer service through their online chat service. Disney is usually known for excellent customer service but this obviously doesn’t include their Disney Plus staff who even on online chat where rude and out of line!

Think twice before signing up! There’s heaps better providers out there, yes more money but you pay for what you get!!

Jeffrey

JeffreySouth East Queensland, QLD

Ripp off

Stay well away from tis company, might not be so bad if you have children other wise much prefer Netfix, when I joined they got my bank detail what a mistake that was, have tried to unsubscribe 3 times and each month there take the money they purposely make it hard to get out so they can ripp you off.

A lot of popular titles

Good one if you have kids and if you grew up watching disney films/movies and its affiliates. A lot of popular titles to watch and its cheaper than the competition at $9 a week. Offers a week trial period and I will most likely continue my subscription. The service is new so it is not yet installed in a lot of android tvs and smart tvs. I have it running in my xbox one with no problem. I have it runnings on my andriod tv using puffin browser

James D.

Update on this. I have renewed my subscription seeing that my tv now supports disney+ natively after updating its firmware. May i also add that disney+ seema to have the most support for 4k,uhd,hdr,dolby content.