Dux Prodigy 4
Listing monitored by Dux

4.4
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (89)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Anthony B.
Anthony B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my dux !!

Bought a new dux hot water system through bunnings to replace my 17yo system. They came to replace it in a timely manner considering i booked it on the weekend. Really happy with Dux service repair and great communication too throughout the period. Highly recommend their product line ! Loving my warm showers now :)

Purchased in June 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

MoTown
MoTownMelbourne

First one lasted 17 years, replaced with same but more efficient version

Our house was built in 2003 and came with a Dux 135L 3 star hot water system. After 17 years it started leaking so replaced it with an identical but more efficient 4 star system last year in 2020. Was happy to go with a Dux again due to many years of uninterrupted service from the original system. Fast forward a year into 2021 and no issues with the new 4 star system. As a bonus, our gas usage has actually gone down over the last year.

Purchased in June 2020.

Arvind
ArvindGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Dux hot water system

This hot water system is amazing. Ever since we have installed it at our property we have never run out of hot water. I love it. I highly recommend it.

Purchased in June 2021 for $1,443.00.

Lou
LouGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy customer

Dux and Bunnings were Extremely helpful and arranged a Saturday installation. I replaced the old Dux with a bigger one, Happy knowing it will last for many years to come.

Purchased in May 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Unlimited hot water

Bought the Dux Prodigy from Bunnings.The installer from Dux was very efficient cleaned up afterwards and I now have unlimited hot water .So nice bit bigger than my last system took away the old one also.Bunnings and Dux very easy to deal with and very knowledgeable. No problems at all with flowing hot water

Purchased in April 2021 for $900.00.

Dux C.Dux

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
snow leopardMELBOURNE

Hassle free installation, but...

Bought this unit to replace my old Dux water storage unit at Bunnings and had it installed a week later by Cavana Plumbing on 21 May. All good and hassle free. However, I had to chase up the certificate of compliance via Dux, then Bunnings. Why can't Cavana issue compliance certificate on the spot?

Purchased in May 2021.

snow leopard

Hi, I called and got the certificate from Bunnings last week.

Kind regards
George

Lou
LouGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This unit replaces previous Long lasting DUX. Larger unit to avoid Hot water Squabbles and I like continuous renewal so no waiting time. Cold to hot water change seems faster.

Purchased in May 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $1,477.00.

Noise Level
Sam
Sam

Great & reliable hot water unit

I bought this Dux hot water unit as replacement for my old one that kept going for years and years with no issues. My excellent experience with my previous Dux hot water unit was a major factor to buy this new unit. Not to forgot the affordability, friendly and fast customer service. 5 stars in every aspect.

Purchased in March 2021.

Averil R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pilot light goes out A LOT

Since moving into our new house in 2014, the pilot light on our hot water service goes out constantly for weeks at a time before coming right for a while. I have had to relight it 6 times in 3 days in this latest bout of malfunction. The Dux service people replaced the thermocouple (at our cost) in 2016 and while there was some temporary reprieve from the issue, it has returned periodically ever since. It is beyond frustrating, especially given the additional repair cost already incurred that never fixed it properly. I expect a hot water service to stay on !

Purchased in September 2014.

Averil R.

Two Dux service people have failed to fix it.

Terry Bosnich
Terry Bosnich

Replacement Hot Water System

The unit performs flawlessly within our household. The installation was on time and prompt and the unit worked perfectly from installation. It was competitively priced with similar dimensions to the unit it replaced.

Purchased in April 2021.

Teek k.
Teek k.

Value for Money - Dux

We recently had a HWS broken after 10 years of service. I was looking for a gas unit and I saw there were quite a few that were in the market. I choose Dux because I know they are trustworthy, have great customer service, value for money, suited my pocket and the ease of going to our nearest Bunnings to pick this Unit up. Its a big plus.

I love the unit and I would highly recommend it.

Purchased in April 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $837.00.

Leonie
LeonieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product, Really Great Service

Our old HWS died and we ordered a replacement from Bunnings. We were then surprised when Dux contacted us to check the new one wasn't because we had issues with another Dux HWS they had installed the previous year. (A previous renovation meant we have 2 HWS units).
Both units are working well (which is why we went with Dux again the second time) - We even had the same installer!

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Noise Level
Dux C.Dux

This is a great hot water unit.

It was installed well. The installer was friendly and helpful. They were on time and called before arriving. The hot water was wonderful and heated quickly. The unit was ver efficient.

Purchased in April 2021 for $1,500.00.

Paris
ParisSydney, NSW

Good product, good service

We have got it form Bunnings. Installation was very professional and very customer friendly with no surprise in quality or bottom line price
we have got hot water with no dramas so far even when 2 people take shower at the same time

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jem
JemGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

AM I HAPPY?

Question: AM I HAPPY?
Answer: VERY HAPPY!
I was amazed how professional, organised and swiftly everything was handled.
I phoned Bunning’s and the DUX customer service teams in the very early hours of the day when I discovered my old hot water unit had ceased. They arranged the delivery and installation of the DUX hot water unit with the plumber at an agreed time. I had a new DUX hot water system up and running in 24 hours.

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Online Store for $1,260.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Daniel G.
Daniel G.asked
Prodigy 4

Hay my prodigy 4 is about 4 years old and has a couple of faults, in fact when I went to light it to night, something went wrong and a huge burst of flames got my face and burnt off some of my hair and half my beard. Has this ever happened before???? And should I replace or try repair it thanks. Dan. !!!!!

Hi Daniel,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Irena M.asked
Prodigy 4

My Dux 135 l works fine until you turn it to 5 or 6 then it turns itself off? Why?

Hi Irena,

We are genuinely sorry this happened.

We have received your email about this issue together with the product details and your details as well.

I believed one of our staff already contacted you and warranty job has been raised. Please do let us know via email to help@dux.com.au after the agent attended the site and when the job is complete.

Regards,

Irena M.

Yes, it's been sorted now, thank you, great customer service :)

Hi Irena,

Thanks for being patient to us and we're glad we were able to resolve the issue for you.

Claire S.
Claire S.asked
Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L)

Our HWS has recently started making loud banging noises when HWS is being used in the house. It is not water hammer, is louder than the rumbling sound that can occur with gas systems due to sediment accumulation and the noise is definitely coming from the unit. The hot and cold water valves have been regularly released and the system was installed just under 3 years ago by our regular, professional plumber.
Having lived in a variety og homes with a variety of HWS, we have never experienced this before and can't accept that it is 'normal'.
Claire

Hi Claire,

We are genuinely sorry this happened and look forward to resolving with you.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

Dux Prodigy 4

Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL
  • Discontinued

Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL

2.9
CategoryGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage Systems
Release dateApr 2008Apr 2008
Replaced byDux Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L)
Compare all 5 Dux Prodigy 4