Dux Prodigy 4

4.3

• Smells of GasYes (0) · No (66)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Devon

DevonSydney, NSW

Reliable and Trustworthy

Had an old Dux Proflo which lasted up to 20 years when it began leaking. Tried to search for a new unit as soon as possible and Dux was the only company that were easily accessible (alongside organised service through Bunnings), so it was decided to stick with the same brand.

The installation of the unit was quick and efficient. There are no regrets so far as everything works fine and it is quick and easy to get constant hot water. Great value and product, especially with the time and hassle saved by Bunnings organising installation for Dux products.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$878.00.

ERaimondo

ERaimondoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very reliable hot water heater

We replaced our Dux Proflo which we had for almost 20 years with a Prodigy 4, so far it’s been very good,4 Adults and we don’t run out of hot water.
In our experience Dux are a long lasting and reliable hot water heater.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Online Store for A$899.00.

Lurch16Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Replaced old Dux with new Dux

15yr old gas Dux 135L replaced with same. Old unit was leaking slowly but still functioning. Ordered through Bunny’s and their independent plumber and installed next day as arranged. In-store price of unit alone $854. Learned that the corrosion protecting anode could have been replaced at about 5 yrs. for longer life. Had no issues with old Dux which is why I chose Dux again. Aways had plenty of constant hot water and never had to have repairs or attention to the pilot light.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for A$1,240.00.

Find out how Dux Prodigy 4 compares to other Gas Hot Water Storage Systems

Everything seems to be working as expected

No issues at this point in time; it is meeting my expectations based on older Dux heater. Trust it will give the same service as previous model which gave reliable service for many years.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Household Size1 person(s)

kezz

kezzVictoria, 3028

Great except for pilot light

This unit performs well, providing good hot water service to 4 adults. On the rare occasion that the water storage runs out it reheats reasonably quickly.

My one complaint is that the pilot light blows out frequently. To combat this we tape the door shut to prevent the wind disturbing it.

Compounding this the lighting unit has had to be replaced at least twice, and will probably be replaced a third time tomorrow. Although the first failure was covered by warranty, the second wasn't and we are averaging one replacement a year.
It's almost impossible to light the pilot manually. This is inconvenient and expensive and while the unit otherwise functions very well I wouldn't buy it again for this reason.

Purchased in June 2018.

Excellent Product - Professional Installation

My old unit was a dux, it worked brilliantly for 20yrs! The new dux is also
- extremely efficient
- amazing value
- quiet
- provides constant hot water
The entire process from quote to installation was so professional and prompt.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for A$1,528.00.

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerPerth, WA

Excellent Product / Quick Changeover

Excellent capacity for my household needs. The hot water comes through quickly with no wastage. The changeover from my 18 year old DUX Proflo was organised through Bunnings. Outstanding Service!

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$1,562.00.

Scott D.

Scott D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great value for money system

Our previous 20yo Dux hot water system finally died and we needed to replace it urgently. We went through Bunnings and decided on the larger 135ltr Dux. It does everything you expect from a quality product and was installed within 24 hrs of our other one dying. Excellent product and service from Bunnings.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Rita

RitaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Dux Product and Fantastic Service

I brought the product from Bunnings with installation and couldn't fault the whole process, my last Hot Water System was also a Dux and lasted almost 20 years...Fantastic product and works a treat. This is one happy customer

Sarjit

SarjitSydney, NSW

Love my new Dux Protegy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P

I don't have any issues with temperature fluctuations. There are only 2 users in the houshold. This DUX unit works perfectly for us. I am happy to recommend tit to anyone.

Purchased in July 2020 at Rouse Hill for A$933.00.

Janet

JanetSouthwest, VIC

Extremely happy with my purchase.

I recently replaced my old Dux with a new Dux Prodigy 4 135L. I could not be happier with the service I received from Bunnings, where I purchased the unit and the same applies to the Serviceman that delivered and installed the new unit they were very prompt and the serviceman was courteous and efficient. Everything is working beautifully and if I get the same from this unit as I did my last Dux unit which was 17years old, I will be ecstatic.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$1,338.00.

Mike S.

Mike S.Canberra 2600, ACT

Excellent warranty service

Great warranty service from Dux after I contacted the Head Office warranty support team about leaks in my 5 year old Dux Prodigy 5 unit. After an arranged inspection by their helpful Canberra representative (from Greaney & Sweeney), Dux agreed to replace the old unit with a new Prodigy 4. Noting some of the pilot light problems with the Prodigy 5 I was happy to agree to the Prodigy 4. A few days after Dux approved the replacement, the installer from Greaney & Sweeney, Matt, was very professional, friendly and helpful. I'll post a follow up performance comment on the Prodigy 4 in the coming months especially as we have more cold nights and early mornings ahead of us in Canberra!

Purchased in August 2020.

nihon

nihonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent product

I had this product last couple of year and recently changed new one because product has good quality of heating system, continuous hot water flow, gas saver, economical. The installation service was one time , lady on customer service help me saved my$50 on product as it was overcharged from warehouse. Hot water running smoothly now .

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$847.00.

Household Size5 person(s)

Jess

JessGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This unit is perfect for me!

More than happy with the unit, it heats up quickly, very efficient, looks good & fits in the space provided Perfectly! I will recommend it to my friends & family! 5 stars for me!!

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

IVGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great system, great service

I've had the system for 2 weeks now - 135L Prodigy. I bought it through Bunnings and installation was through Dux. The installer was very punctual and reliable. He installed the system, took away the old one in one hour. The system is great.
But I haven't got my Compliance Certificate yet from Dux, the installer said it would be sent to me. It's 2 weeks and I'm still waiting. I'm not sure when I will get it. The office told me I would get it a couple of days after my installation (ie nearly 2 weeks ago).
This is my first Dux system, and the second hot water system I've ever bought. (My first one was Vulcan hot water system, it lasted 24.5 years).

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$842.00.

Household Size1 person(s)
IV

Hi, thank you for replying. I will do that.

Imran N Jazz Y.

Imran N Jazz Y.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best system ever.

We have had Dux for last 15 years. Had no problems with it at all that's why we changed it to dux again. We had a quick turnaround and customer service was excellent.

Purchased in July 2020.

Tino

TinoSydney, NSW

PERFECT! Long time DUX customer

Our recent replacement was for our older DUX unit, which hasn’t given my family any issues. The New unit works exactly as expected - no issues with the water temperature and it handles the high demand for a family of six very well. Would recommend this to anyone - also great service with the installation

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Household Size6 person(s)
hotk_dpesdimaqg

hotk_dpesdimaqgSydney, NSW

I am more than happy to have this product at my place.

The unit Dux Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L) has performed well about the water temperature and water pressure with two showers at the same time (3 person) and kitchen use. Completely there is no issue with temperature fluctuation during usage this unit.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$850.00.

Rainier S.

Rainier S.

This prodigy 4 is far better than my old prodigy 3, never run out of hot water even all the taps are open.

when you turn on the tap it takes only a few seconds to have hot water, the improved burner really works well. I'll recommend this product to all my friends.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings for A$1,676.00.

Tim C

Tim CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Much more efficient than my previous model

Two months after installation (and 2 gas bills later), the new model is significantly more efficient than my previous GHWS. Much greater insulation visible, but still nice and compact. Contract installer was a ripper fella too!

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,363.00.

Daniel G.

Daniel G.asked

Prodigy 4

Hay my prodigy 4 is about 4 years old and has a couple of faults, in fact when I went to light it to night, something went wrong and a huge burst of flames got my face and burnt off some of my hair and half my beard. Has this ever happened before???? And should I replace or try repair it thanks. Dan. !!!!!

Hi Daniel,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Irena M.asked

Prodigy 4

My Dux 135 l works fine until you turn it to 5 or 6 then it turns itself off? Why?

Hi Irena,

We are genuinely sorry this happened.

We have received your email about this issue together with the product details and your details as well.

I believed one of our staff already contacted you and warranty job has been raised. Please do let us know via email to help@dux.com.au after the agent attended the site and when the job is complete.

Regards,

Irena M.

Yes, it's been sorted now, thank you, great customer service :)

Hi Irena,

Thanks for being patient to us and we're glad we were able to resolve the issue for you.

Claire S.

Claire S.asked

Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L)

Our HWS has recently started making loud banging noises when HWS is being used in the house. It is not water hammer, is louder than the rumbling sound that can occur with gas systems due to sediment accumulation and the noise is definitely coming from the unit. The hot and cold water valves have been regularly released and the system was installed just under 3 years ago by our regular, professional plumber.
Having lived in a variety og homes with a variety of HWS, we have never experienced this before and can't accept that it is 'normal'.
Claire

Hi Claire,

We are genuinely sorry this happened and look forward to resolving with you.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name, productreview username, best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

The Dux Team

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives

Compare all 5 Dux Prodigy 4

Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL
  • Discontinued

Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL

3.3
CategoryGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage Systems
Release dateApr 2008Apr 2008
Replaced byDux Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L)
Compare all 5 Dux Prodigy 4