Verified🏆 2024 Award

90% · 16217 · 9%

Smells of GasYes · No
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Provides steady, strong hot water
Simple installation process
Energy efficient

Dan
DanSydney, NSW2 posts
  170ZN

Only lasted 5 to 7 years

Purchased first unit in 2011, then incurred an issue and replaced under warranty in 2016. In 2023, had a water leak and unit is no longer covered under warranty. Show details
Reg Anderson
Reg AndersonLangwarrin3 posts
  135ZB4N/135ZB4P

Great choice for small family

This is the second Dux 135l prodigy 4 I have had installed, one at our home about 2 years ago,the other at our investment unit just a few days ago. Both installs were seamless and the Dux Prodigy4 at home has performed without a hitch and I expect the second one will be just as reliable delivering hot water to our tenants. I can recommend Dux gas hot water services to anyone considering a replacement install. Show details ·  1
tassieangel72
tassieangel7212 posts

Didn't last Five years DON'T BUY

This system went rusty and failed at 4 years 10months then to rub salt into the wound was without hot water for several days and had to fork out an additional $550 for installation of a warranty new cylinder which Dux don't even stand by under a new warranty but only remains of the original system, trust me you don't need to lose out this much financially but another brand these are garbage Show details
Peter Cleary
Peter ClearyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  Verified 170ZN

Dux Hot water system purchased from Bunnings

The plumbers did a great job, came on time were happy to answer my questions, all done in about 2 hours, no extra charges above what I was quoted from Bunnings , ( which I was expecting to occur ) , I would highly recommend this service to anyone , Southern Plumbing are totally awesome too :)
Peter Cleary Cranbourne. Show details ·  1
Tony Vella
Tony VellaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent Hot Water Unit

The Dux Hot Water unit does what it says it does. Hot water! With a family of 5 the unit copes well, while being energy efficient. Has all the modern features with the added piece of mind of a three year warranty. Purchased at Bunnings and am extremely happy with it. Show details ·  1
DennisSydney, NSW2 posts

Great long lasting unit

This unit replaces our last Dux unit that lasted some 15 years without any problems. So far this new Dux unit is working well with no problems. Happy with performance and recovery time during heavy useage. Show details ·  1
VAL
VALPerth, WA
  Prodigy 4

Good Performance

I had used 170D5N since 2013 and just 2 days ago had leakage on the bottom of the tank. Today I would like to buy the replacement with Prodigy 4 in Bunning Maddington but they have not a installer to install and do not know the installation cost yet. So that it is still pending..Could Dux give recommend a installer, please ? Show details ·  1
JosechenPerth, WA2 posts
  135ZB4N/135ZB4P

Excellent Hot Water System!

Purchased this Dux Prodigy 135L last month to replace my old Dux system which lasted us more than 10 years. The hot water is running steady hot and strong and is perfect for our family. Highly recommended! Show details ·  1
Nanda
Nanda

Perfect model

similar to the previous model, which lasted almost 15 yrs.New one fit to the same position and no mods.heavy duty. Show details ·  1
Elisabeth
ElisabethGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Inexpensive and efficient

We needed to replace our old system which was also a Dux from when the house was built 20 years old , after some quick research we decided to have the same but update unit . Bunnings organised for next day . The hot water is fabulous. Show details ·  1
Nicholas
NicholasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
  Fair Incentive 170ZB4N/170ZB4P

Perfect gas water heater

Upgraded our last Dux Prodigy 120 litre unit with 170 litre unit.
Extremely happy with the upgraded unit which operates extremely well and will give us more hot water if required. Full marks to DUX for marketing such efficient gas water heating model. Show details ·  2
Stapo
StapoHunter Region, NSW
  Verified 135ZB4N/135ZB4P

Perfect speedy replacement after old system failed just before Christmas

Our old unit stopped working 9 days before Christmas and we were in a panic.
Bunnings online made it very easy to get a new system.
Price was great, sales team were knowledgeable, answered all our questions and there were no hidden extras.
The Dux installer arrived on time, was polite, efficient with the installation and took the old system away.
We are extremely happy, our new Dux was installed 6 days before Christmas Day and handles the demand from two bathrooms very well. Show details ·  1
Ian T.
Ian T.Perth, WA

Good unit

This is a replacement unit for a previous Dux product. Very happy with it. Can get a bit windy at its location but has never flamed out on me , like other houses and units I have lived in. Good reliable hot water Show details ·  1
J Chuah
J ChuahPerth, WA

Does it's job

We are pretty pleased with the product so far.
Wonderful to have consistent hot water again. Show details ·  1
Jenny
JennyNSW, 2163

Dux Prodigy is the best gas heater system with 5 starts *****

Dux Prodigy 135L is perfect for us and we can’t live without it. The Best product with great customer service. Highly recommended to those who need a replacement of gas water heater system. Thank you Dux team ❤️❤️ Show details ·  1

ptk
ptk · Prodigy 4 170ZB4N/170ZB4P (170L)

170ZB4N - less than 4 years old since install.
I have noticed our dishwasher dishes/glasses etc - have an eggy smell and no matter how many times I clean it, it contunues - to the point of I now wash by hand, thats when I noticed my sink dishwater also had the eggy smell and it appears to be from the hot water (cold water no egg smell at all) ...therefore it appears the hot water tank is causing this stench.....what do we need to fix to eliminate this from occuring again please.

Done

Stuart H.
Stuart H. · Prodigy 4

My 2 year old Prodigy 4 is really noisy, making popping and banging noises every time hot water is run. I rang Dux up in July and they sent someone out to change the anode (I was charged $350 for this). Made no difference. My last Prodigy 3 lasted 15yrs and was silent. What can I do to fix this?

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor · Prodigy 4

What setting do you use on heat, 6 or7.

Dux   DM

Hi Brian, Thanks for your question.

We would suggest trying it at both settings and see what works the best.

Regards,

The Dux Team

I use 5.5. Thanks!

Dennis

not sure what settings you are referring to, temp and flow rate are pre set and cannot be adjusted.

Features:

• The Dux Prodigy 4 is a gas hot water storage system with an energy efficiency rating of 4.2 stars or higher, depending on how it’s used.
  • It has an identical footprint to the previous 3-star models, letting you easily upgrade to this more efficient model.
  • No power point is required for the Prodigy 4, which means that you’ll still get hot water even without power.
  • The gas storage system has new burner technology that means faster recovery rates, so you get more hot water when you need it.
  • You can buy this product in either 135L (suitable for 3 to 6 people) or a 170L capacity (suitable for 4 to 7 people).
  • The tank has a 7-year warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Dux Prodigy 4 was extremely reliable, saying that their hot water was steady and strong, and always available when they needed it.
  • Reviewers also appreciated how simple the installation process was. According to them, both the delivery and installation of the new system went smoothly and was done quickly.
  • According to reviewers, this unit is very energy efficient.
Compare all Dux Prodigy 4 listings
Dux Prodigy 4 170ZB4N/170ZB4P (170L)
Dux Prodigy 4 170ZB4N/170ZB4P (170L)4.9
Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL
Dux Prodigy 4 135ZL3.2
Dux Prodigy 4 170ZN
Dux Prodigy 4 170ZN3.3
CategoryGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage SystemsGas Hot Water Storage Systems
Release date
Replaced byDux Prodigy 4 135ZB4N/135ZB4P (135L)
Awards 2022, 2023 and 20242022, 2023 and 20242022, 2023 and 20242022, 2023 and 2024

Extra Information