Epson WF-3620 / 40

Epson WF-3620 / 40

WF-3620 and WF-3640

See the Best Printers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

WORST PRINTER EVER

Printer used average once a week for 3 or 4 pages of printing out emails. Mostly text, some graphics. Seemed OK for first year. Mostly text, some graphics. Now constantly needs print head cleaning, at least 3 times each "go". Week later, blank page comes out and have to waste another half hour and lord knows how much ink doing cleaning. Thought maybe needed fresh cartridges so just wasted $106 at Officeworks for another set of cartridges, no different. NEVER BUY EPSON AGAIN.

Purchased in June 2018 at Officeworks Physical store.

29ner69

29ner69Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

good for scanning but rubbish for printing

Print quality has been poor pretty much from the first few months of use which to me is unacceptable. Colours are uneven (particularly yellow) and no matter how much you run a print head clean the colours are never right. While the printing is poor the printer does a good job of scanning. Overall a waste of money as the primary purpose of this printer doesn't live up to expectations.

Purchased in January 2017.

Complete waste of money

I have now owned this printer for just on three years. Throughout ownership it has performed very poorly. Specifically, no matter how often the printing heads are cleaned that machine does not print cleanly (leaving multiple blurred lines of print). Second, when scanning a multiple page document the printer always jamms on the second page as it is fed into the printer. Thus today the printer goes to the tip & I will purchase a different brand.

Paul

Paul

Don't buy!

Have had this printer for one month, and has already broken!! I bought it home and it would not connect to the wifi, just kept coming up with error, it then used an entire ink cartridge printer multiple copies of things when I only asked for one copy! Then when I was printing something it took up all the paper in the tray, instead of just one piece of paper and now its very jammed and I can not un-jam it and it will not work at all. I have contacted support but unfortunately they were unhelpful. Am not going to have to go out and buy a new printer.

Purchased in April 2019.

Tweed Caz

Tweed CazNew South Wales

So Very Disappointed in Epson

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $242.00.

Clyde

ClydeSydney, NSW

Only Lasted 2 Years

This printer has had a history of having to clean the print head and when done so still not up to standard. Recently, received an error code of 0X97. The Technician said the print head had to be replaced at about $AU146.00 so will have to get another printer. Very poor experience as this printer has had very light home use. Appears printer is sold to ensure it will just last the warranty period and as a means to sell the cartridges at ridiculous prices. Will have to try another brand other than Epson.

Purchased in March 2017 at Officeworks Physical store.

Carsten P

Carsten PPerth, WA

A Lemon

Since purchasing the printer for less than 2 years ago it will refuse to print (saying not connected) although the main menu show as connected and green light. Loose memory of toner and indicate it is empty although still full. Sometimes reinstalling the software will allow it to work. My brother in Europe has the same printer and the same problems. Spoke to Epson who said it is a hardware problem and need to be repaired, which will have an inspection fee of $110

Purchased in March 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $179.00.

teach35

teach35South East Queensland, QLD

Not working after 2 years of light use

Had printer for 2 years. Already have the dreaded 0x97 error - which is the print head clogged up. It always required print head cleaning and alignment. The print quality is below par for color and just acceptable in B&W. The cartridges needed to be replaced often (mores than you would assume) and the printer will not work if a cartridge is empty - frustrating when it is a color and you want to print in B&W. It is the first ink jet I have ever bought and it is a waste of money. Will be getting a laser printer.

Purchased in April 2017 at Officeworks for $180.00.

Philip

PhilipNew South Wales

No Good For General User

The absolute worst printer!

The ink frequently runs out, and if it is low on any color it will prevent you from printing in Black and White - even with plenty of black ink. I have used Epson printers for years, and I was always pleased with their performance and reliability, but the WF-3620 is an absolute piece of trash. Do yourself a favor, stay far away from this printer!

Purchased in April 2017.

0x97 error

Fitted a new Epson XL black cartridge to the printer and immediately got the 0x97 error which none of the suggested fixes could solve. Disappointed with Epson on this occasion and I have been a long time purchaser of Epson printers in the past. Looking at a new printer as this Epson can't be fixed as whilst the 0x97 has gone the printer won't print.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Bye bye Epson

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Very poor quality completely stopped working after jus 22 months

Good features but very poor quality. Now getting error code 0x97and have to just throw it away as it is not worth trying to get fixed.
I would not recommend this printer to my worst enemy. Epson are just making their money from the ink and are not trying to make a reliable pruduct

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Shannon

ShannonPhoenix

Never Epson Again

I have not been able to use my printer for months. I tried the print head adjustment and head cleaning numerous times. I thought it was only about a year old. Epson says it is out of warranty. I spent hours on the phone with them trying to get it to work and in the end, I just have to throw it away. I have a brand new black XL ink cartridge and cannot print. It gives me smudgy wavy lines between lines that print fine. You cannot print anything if any color is low. Worst printer I have ever owned.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Nikki

NikkiBonita Springs

So many problems until it finally quit, not covered under warranty

Date PurchasedJan 2017
CMSWHITE

CMSWHITEBrisbane

Doesn;t print colour well

The printer is probably three years old now - it gets light use as we use a photocopier for large runs. It is constantly needing the heads cleaned and realigned. I found it economical in regard to ink at the start but now I can't print copies good enough to use in a work situation. I have the same at home which was also good at the art and now is also not up to scratch. I am sorry I moved from my HP three-in-one.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Horrible printer!

I bought this printer specifically because I wanted to print out quality photos. This does a terrible job! Washed out colors and the ink barely lasts a few weeks and is very expensive. SO disappointed! Printing my photos at Costco and Shutterfly and spending the extra money. Don't purchase, if you're considering!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

This is the worst printer we ever bought. I will never buy another Epson printer again. Just need to

This printer is consistently bad. I tried everything. Cleaned and cleaned the head many times with no positive results. The vertical and horizontal alignments, the print head nozzle pattern all show a terrible printing result. I just wasted another $50.00 on ink cartridges that I will never get back. I keep on using ink to clean the print head every time I tried to print a document

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Old Engineer

Old EngineerGoulburn Valley, VIC

This Printer Has Fundamental Flaw

My Epson WF 3640 has developed a terminal failure after about 31/2 years of light home use. The black print head has clogged after we left it for a month to go on holidays. Unlike other printers, which have the print heads built into the cartridge, this printer has an integral print head and the separate colour cartridges are just ink tanks. The print head clogs up and you get a code 0x97 stopping everything.
Googled cures for this and tried all the suggested cures such as flushing the print head with cleaner etc. Didn't work. It's a common flaw with this machine refer Google.
Mine's for the tip, will give about $200 worth of unused spare cartridges to the local op shop.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

GLB

GLBBrisbane

Just my opinion based on my experience

Date PurchasedJun 2017