Car Insurance, Contents Insurance
See the Best Insurance in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Essentials by AAI Insurance? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.0
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (2) · No (1)

Highly Recommended!

My car was declared a write off due to hail damage. Every staff member was friendly, efficient and helpful and the claim was processed and paid quickly, with no excess.

HDB
HDBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Warning! Don’t believe this company’s media campaign.

Apia is part of AAI, happy to take your money for years but when it’s comes to acting throughly & promptly in a household emergency it’s too slow, with too many supposedly independent independent companies involved & extremely poorly organised. Apia ignoring emails & calls going unanswered about emergency accommodation. Despite stating they pay 20% of insured policy over 52 weeks for accommodation trying to get them respond & actually fund these services is a drawn out process. No independent accessor to approve the work carried out they seem like they have a free reign. People have to go through the Australian Financial Complaints service & that can take 45 days.

jaysblueausAU

Way better than what many of the reviews have said on here

Honestly I have never found anyone that I have spoken to, in AAI to be rude at all, I have found them to be very friendly and helpful. Last Week I had backed into my partners Camper Van, putting a dent in the hatch of my 2006 Astra, so now I have made a claim. They seem to honor their polices and next Monday I will be hearing from them, to discuss what I want to do. I already know that they will pay me out the $3,000 policy, with $3,000. Wonderful staff and company would highly recommend

Insurance TypeComprehensive
TLee
TLeeVictoria

RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

stephen
stephenadelaide

good for a year, until the price goes back up to equal the rest

Best price by a mile and no excess.

Euramaya
EuramayaPerth, WA

omg- this has been a disaster! no skill set or product knowledge, no integrity, zero customer service, zero efficiency

I chose this insurer as I was impressed that an affordable product was almost being sold as a social service for low income earners and I wrongly assumed their service providers would use empathy and product knowledge to help vulnerable clients access the support they needed. Front line staff and management have been close to useless and I do not use those words lightly. Interactions have left me further out of pocket, vulnerable and wasted hours on the phone going nowhere fast.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Long and extended delay in repairing my car damaged in storm - not my fault

You get what you pay for. Will be without car for 6 weeks. Cost of alternative transport will be $100's. Should have gone to reputable insurer. No concern for customer, no phone calls to advise progress, rude & arrogant car repairer who couldn't care less - same as Essentials. Zero customer service.

Susie
SusieMelbourne

Couldn’t ask for any better

I have been with the insurance company for 2 years and they handled my claim without stressing me about it. They took care of everything and were very polite.

Liz
LizPhillip Island

They made my life hell

Stiffy
StiffyPerth, WA

Wouldn't live without it. Great professional team to help customers purchase agreement that is tailo

It was of an affordable price. Good customer service. Really appreciate the hard work dedication and commitment to helping other's when we need them the most.

Insurance claim madeNo
smok
smokCentral Queensland, QLD

What an amazing insurer for low income earners