Euky Bear Steam Vaporiser

Euky Bear Steam Vaporiser

MPN: 300710012005

See the Best Vaporisers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jade

JadeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gray flakes

I bought this for my 5 month old baby as he has been having congestion issues. Have been using it for 4 days only and the gray paint flakes that everyone is complaining about appeared. Why is this even in the stores still? Shame on you euky bear, you should've recalled your product long ago. Most of us use this for our little ones and who knows what toxic chemicals they have been inhaling from the paint in the water. Good thing I kept the receipt and the box. To anyone considering buying this: don't waste your time and money!

Purchased in November 2019 at My Chemist for $52.00.

Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

On my second unit - still has grey paint flakes and now it smells of burnt plastic

Do not recommend. I am on my second unit. Paint like stuff peeling off first unit after one night, returned it (as they told me this is not normal) and got a second one, and it did exactly the same thing! I kept using it as I needed one for baby as he was so sick, but now it smells like burnt paint. It is only about 4 weeks old. It is not build up - as it is new, it is just a bad product with lots of faulty ones out there!! There is also no OFF switch so you have to pull the plug out of wall/socket to turn off. Not great. I am thinking I will be throwing mine in the bin.

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Karen

KarenSydney, NSW

Mouldy and weird grey particles

I use the cleaning tablets every second use and there are always weird grey and dark scales left in the water whenever I open it after a few hours. I just tried to give it a thorough rinse and noticed something that looks like mould all over the inside of the blue part. I regret buying this and am worried that I have exposed my baby to mould now thanks to this product.

Purchased in May 2019.

Mileymouse

MileymouseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly recommend, outstanding product!

I received the Euky Bear Steam Vaporiser as a baby shower gift and it has been the most useful gift I received. It is quiet and works very efficiently. I have noticed there is grey “deposits” after use but have been advised they are a mineral build up from the tap water being used in the unit so I follow the product care Euky Bear advise along with the cleaning tablets. Thank you Euky Bear!!

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $50.00.

Dyannah B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Grey paint residue after first use - Batch No. 191473

Having the same grey paint residue as previously reported. Only purchased yesterday from Chemist Warehouse. Used overnight and then saw these reviews. Did not run all night and did not run out of water. Used with the cleaning tablet as recommended for first use. Used with Euky Bear Sniffly Nose Inhalant. Very disappointing.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $49.99.

Mr B.

Mr B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Burnt plastic smell, toxic smelling plastic pieces in bottom of water

On my first use, the vaporiser emitted a bad chemical smell of plastic. I was hoping it'd go away but it still persisted after 5 days. It smelled like burnt plastic and I was concerned that it's toxic. I returned it to Chemistwarehouse and got a refund. I bought a Beurer humidifier instead - the plastic they use is so much more sturdy. No issues, though it's more expensive.

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $49.00.

Chris

ChrisIllawarra, NSW

Burnt Plastic Smell

Bought this for my 6 month old with a cold. Worked great for about 4-5 nights then got that burnt plastic smell. I've read the other reviews about the burnt plastic smell so will try their recommendation of white vinegar overnight.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $40.00.

Disappointed

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $49.99.

Noise Level
Smell

Jeremy

JeremySydney

Same grey flakes as everyone else

I purchased a euky bear vaporiser a few a days ago to help relieve symptoms of my 1 year olds cold and cough.

This morning, I discovered it was full of what appear to be grey paint flakes. Some googling brought me here, where it seems if is a very common recent problem, that the company is aware of, and has done nothing to resolve.

Why these are still being sold, I have no idea. It beggars belief really. Whatever the substance is, I hope it’s not harmful.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $49.00.

greenerpGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stopped producing steam after 3.5 years

It was fantastic when it worked. Quiet and ran through the night. My kids sleep for 12 hours and it easily last 15 hours with 1 full fill. But it stopped producing steam now. I have no idea where the receipt is so the 5 year warranty isn’t any good for us.

Purchased in January 2016 at Chemist Warehouse for $70.00.

greenerp

I’ll try the vinegar clean processes today. The little one is so sick at the moment

Unhappy

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $50.00.

Vanessa
Vanessa

Thank you. I have already sent an email on Friday to the one you provided with no response to date. I am waiting to hear back from the chemist today and if they won’t refund I will call the number you have provided.

CarlaEuky Bear

Sorry about that Vanessa. We are awfully behind on emails - there's only 2 staff in our customer service. I'd call if I were you, it is definitely quicker. My apologies again. Kind Regards, Euky Bear.

Toxic waste of money!

Only purchased this a week ago from Chemist Warehouse & used it for the second time last night. This morning not only was my breathing more difficult than when i went to bed, there was also a foul smell in the room & what looks to be grey paint flakes in the water & where the steam comes out (see pictures below). This is absolutely unacceptable considering this is a product that is meant to help people breathe easier. I would never recommend this product to anyone!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $49.99.

Shona
Shona

Teesh

Teesh

Smells horrible and has Grey flakes

I purchased this unit less than 3 days ago and after the second use it omits a foul smell which also makes the room smell despite having the cleaning tablets in use. I opened the unit only to find grey flakes of what looks to be paint which has been burning off throughout the night possible causing the foul smell.

The system is quiet and I switched to this unit from Vick’s but still disappointed. My poor little one is sick and we need something to work.

Purchased in August 2019 at Priceline for $70.00.

Only good for short time. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT

I have been a big fan of humidifiers for my kids colds so have purchased this unit a couple of times.
It works great until you’ve had it for a while.
(It is still within the warranty period) however I did not keep receipts.
Now it has grey bits floating in the water after ever my use even with using the cleaning tablets and the horrible smell it omits when on just makes it unusable. This is the 2nd unit I am throwing away for the same reason and will not be purchasing again.
It’s such a shame because it could be a great unit as it is very quiet and lasts more than the whole night!

Purchased in January 2016 at Chemist Warehouse for $60.00.

Frustratedcustomer

FrustratedcustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Defective and smells like burning plastics

I purchased my Euky bear vaporiser 1 week ago used twice and the water tank is covered in grey plastic bits and has a foul burning odour. It doesn’t smell safe and I contacted customer service only to be chastised for not keeping my receipt and instructed to return to where I purchased it from. Only for Chemist Warehouse to advise I need the receipt for it to be replaced. Such a waste of my time for a 5 day old purchase! I was advised it’s a known issue and it’s only 1 batch which is defective.
If you know your item is defective why is it still for sale on shelf’s? We are buying these products for our babies surly ACCC wouldn’t allow this!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $49.99.

Beware of burning paint!

I used the euky bear warm steam vaporiser for the first time for my sick 4 month old baby. At first it smelt great (I used the euky bear sniffly nose inhalant) and after a while it didn’t smell so good. I thought maybe because it was the first operation.
The next morning I went to empty what was left and re-fill with fresh water and inhalant. I found lots of grey flecks floating in the water and discovered that paint/plastic had peeled off the actual heating unit and into the water.

I am shocked that this could happen to a baby product. We were both inhaling these burning paint fumes all night!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $50.00.

Lizzie P
Lizzie P

I have emailed - yesterday but have had no response yet. I attached videos of what I found. I really hope this problem is investigated thoroughly. I am concerned for other parents and babies.

Amanda

AmandaQueensland

Flaky chunks/pieces in the water after every use

I have just purchased the unit. I have the same issue with burning smell and a lot of flaky chunks appearing in the tub after using it for the first two nights in a row. I will not be using this again as I don’t believe this is normal or acceptable! I didn’t see this occur in other vaporisers. I will be returning the unit for a refund.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $49.99.

Burning plastic smell

Like everyone else is saying, black and grey flake have been appearing after every use since I’ve gotten it, have kept using it for the last few months but can now see that the heating element inside the column is breaking down, there are chunks of clay looking pieces trapped inside the column. And tonight went into my baby’s room and the whole room smelt like burning plastic despite the strong eucalyptus vaporiser we use. Won’t be using this again, despite what you say I’ve never had crap in the water after every use with a cool steam vaporiser.

Purchased in March 2019.

MIA

MIA

Great product and warranty service

Had the old version of the same humidifer and it stopped working after 3 yrs. Found my receipt and submitted a warranty claim online. The next day I got a response saying a replacement is in the post and it arrived a wk later!
The new machine is similarly quiet to the last unit. A pro and a con of the new unit is the reservoir is much smaller so its more compact but was mostly drained after 12hrs of overnight use (the old unit would hold more water and therefore run for longer).

Purchased in May 2016 for $50.00.

CarlaEuky Bear

Thanks Mia for the great feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Kind Regards, Euky Bear.

Themis K.

Themis K.Northern Territory

New purchase

Hi just received one as a gift this is not a review but a question in regards to what the pack includes like the cleaning tablets. My son opened the box and was holding one and one more was in the plastic bag. Does it come with 2 cleaning tablets as sample or more? I need to know as I think he might have swallowed one. Thanks

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

CarlaEuky Bear

It comes with 2 cleaning tablets. Even if one was swallowed, they are non toxic so no cause for concern at all.

Happy2

Happy2asked

My cat sleeps on my head. Is it safe for her to inhale this as well? Im really worried I might kill her.

Hi Happy
No, we do not recommend running this with inhalant in overnight with a cat in the bedroom. Research on essential oils and pets is limited, but we know that some essential oils can make cats very sick. If you can't keep your cat out of the bedroom while this is in use, your best option is to use it with just the steam running and no inhalant.
You can also ask your vet for more specific advice.
Hope this helps.

Bella G

Bella Gasked

2 questions.
1st. Has it ever started a fire? Mine makes really strange noises and also gets super hot and I just freak out of it catching a light?
2. Is it okay to use with aircon on? Does it do the same job!

Hi Bella
No, we've never had an instance of fire in the 40+ years the brand has been around. This device is very safe, as safe as boiling a kettle. It's designed for 14 hours continuous use overnight, and manufactured according to strict Australian electrical standards.

When you say it's making "strange noises" can you elaborate? Is it a 'spitting and spurting' type sound? If so, you may find some troubleshooting suggestions here: https://www.eukybear.com.au/content/vaporiser-spits-and-spurts

The Euky Bear unit is designed to be almost completely silent - you really shouldn't be hearing anything more than a whisper-quiet continuous "shhhhhh" sound as the steam comes out. If you're still concerned about noises and can't find the answer in the link I posted, please get in touch with us to investigate on Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours.

As to your air conditioning question - yes, it's fine to operate air con at the same time, however it's important to note that refrigerated air con can counteract it somewhat, due to its de-humidifying effect. Evaporative air conditioning won't affect it as much, and overhead fans are perfectly fine. Also, it's fine to leave a door or even window open slightly while it's in use, in fact we recommend that.

Hope this helps,

Rosie B.

Rosie B.asked

Can you use the eukybear rub in the Vaporiser as a substitute for the inhalant

Hi Rosie
No, we don't recommend using the Euky Bearub as it's a waxy substance that can build up inside and affect the motor. The unit is designed for use with water soluble inhalants only, sorry.
Kind Regards, Euky Bearub