Euky Bear Steam Vaporiser

• Smell

Poo Z.
Poo Z.Sydney, NSW

Not recommended

Same as other reviews. It worked great initially and could smell nice smell of inhalant . But after 2 or 3 uses every time it is plugged in, when the steam starts the room is filled with an unpleasant chemical smell. I rinse the vaporiser daily, only use 2 cap fulls of the sniffly noses & use 2 cleaning tablets every second or third night. The smell is unbearable and smells like plastic burning. Very much disappointment wish I had invested few money and bought a good one. Now my new born has sniffy nose and cough due to burning smell from the vaporiser.

Purchased in May 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $52.00.

It’s a dud

Loved my first Euky Bear Vaporiser, bought a second for child #2 and it’s a dud. Steam comes out of the unit, however, no Euky scents. After running the unit and entering a bedroom there is no beautiful Euky aroma like with my previous unit. Just smells like a wet steamy musky smell. Not impressed. Doesn’t matter how much or how little of the Euky Inhalant liquid I use. And in comparison to my other unit, which both use the same water and same amount of inhalant and run for the same time, this one has much greater ‘grey paint flakes’ in the residual water in the morning.

JAC2721
JAC2721Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worked great at first

Purchased in May 2021 at Chemist Warehouse for $54.99.

Tina
TinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Smells like plastic burning every time when I turn it on

As above - Bought it for my one month old but now I’m not sure if it will harm small babies as it smells badly like plastic burning every single time. Not very good experience

Purchased in March 2021.

Hason
HasonSydney, NSW

It works. But not sure about long term.

Purchased in February 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $56.99.

Noise Level

Only worked for one week!

Bought the vaporiser & sniffly nose inhalant from chemist warehouse last week for baby’s cold. Worked great for the first 3 days (floor was wet from the steam) then noticed the steam gets smaller and smaller each use. Used it today for baby’s naps (only 40 minutes each time) then at bedtime suddenly won’t turn on anymore. No lights, no steam, completely broken. What a rubbish product!

Purchased in May 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $58.00.

Jayne D.
Jayne D.South East Queensland, QLD

Customer service- Faulty product not covered by warranty

Unfortunately I miss placed my receipt and don’t have a bank statement showing purchase and I have been told without it they won’t honour the warranty even though I have the box which still has the batch number on it. I’ve had it less than 3yrs as my toddler is 3.5yrs old and I had been using my sisters one that was 14yrs old up until it died. Very disappointing for what I believe is usually a very good product.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse.

Pinky
Pinky

Im not really sure with it

The product is very quiet at night but it produced some flake into the water everytime since the first night I used it. And it looks so dirty. I also use the cleaning tablet every 2-3 times like recommended but still

Purchased in March 2021 at Chemist Warehouse.

Michelle
MichelleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It is perfect I use it when I have a cold or runny nose

I use it for me and my parnter when we have a cold no problem and works like a dream had it for about 4 years now and still works as good as the day I bought it thanks

Purchased in May 2017.

Customer ServiceEuky Bear

Thankyou so much for the wonderful review & feedback Michelle! We're so glad it's has worked well for helping alleviate your cold symptoms. Wishing you all the best of health,
The Euky Bear Team

Toana
ToanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn't work

We purchased one less than a year ago but didn't keep the receipt so couldn't return it. Unsure if we bought a faulty one or they just doesn't work overall . We have spent a lot of money on the cleaning tablets as well as the inhalents and end up just pouring it into a diffuser because the Euky Bear doesn't seem to let out any steam even though the light turns on. I have 2 kids under 3 and thought its help but doesnt which sucks

Sabrina B.
Sabrina B.Sydney, NSW

A waste of money

After using it 5 times I got the same results of all the other reviewers. Big black flackes, the center is also black and there is something rugby coming off

Purchased in March 2021 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $60.00.

My Vapouriser Won’t Turn On

I have the vapouriser for nearly 10 months. Now suddenly when I plugged in the light is off and no longer operating. Actually I have been noticing that the vapouriser didn’t produced much steam as it should. Now it is completely dead. Please Help

Purchased in July 2020 at Terry White Chemmart for $55.00.

Customer ServiceEuky Bear

Hi Mustika! As your vaporiser is still under warranty we'll be able to replace it for you. Please contact our Customer Service Team on Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours, or email us at cservice@fgb.com.au
Kind Regards, Euky Bear Team.

Anna C.
Anna C.The Mallee, VIC

Bubbling

I love the vaporiser, I use it quite a bit with the eucalyptus and cleaning tablets. However I have not used it for a few weeks and now it is making a loud bubbling noise. Nothing that I do is stopping it. It's keeping us awake.

Purchased in September 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Chris P.
Chris P.Darwin, NT

It's just a plastic that smell like it's burning and it emits vapour

This thing has been recommended by the GP as I was told it helps for your kids Snuffy nose. Thought it would be time for a purchase since my lips diffuser was broken.

Had this product for 6 months. It's a waste of money and it just smells bad in time even after putting in some cleaning tablets. Bought it from chemist warehouse

Purchased in July 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for $60.00.

Sam
SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad for environment - no replaceable parts!

It’s sad this is a brand for children but when the steam element dies it seems you have to throw away all that plastic without being able to just replace the steam element. So destroy our children’s environment to help them when they’re sick! I agree with other readers to - there is constantly brown flaky deposits building up in the unit & floating in the water The cleaning tablets DON’T work and after a while the essential oils cannot be smelled at all. So disappointed.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $70.00.

Hi Sam
Our units have a 5 year warranty, and if your unit needs replacing before then, our warranty team actually do just replace the steam element and you keep (and reuse) the plastic casing. Kind Regards, The Euky Bear Team.

Nicole O.
Nicole O.asked

Hi Euky Bear,

Do you fill water to the full line OR water with the blue part in it to the full line? Because of the odd shape it’s hard to get the fill line “full”. The machine sometimes crackles even though we’ve followed instructions. Thank you.

Hi Nicole
The fill line was designed to take into account the displacement of water from the heating module. But if you're still having issues with spitting, try filling it just below the fill line, and see if that helps.
Kind Regards, The Euky Bear Team.

Olivia
Olivia asked

Can I leave the euky bear vaporiser on all night?

Customer ServiceEuky Bear

Yes, it runs for 12-14 hours when the tank is full.

Nataloo
Natalooasked

Hi I purchased my son a vaporiser last week and it’s been absolutely fantastic and has helped him recover from a cold so quickly, although, I noticed tonight, after I plugged it on that it had a bad smell filling the room. Kind of like a burn bad smell. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Nataloo
Sorry to hear this. There are a number of things that could be causing this, and the most likely is a build-up of inhalant, cleaning tablets and minerals from the water on the heating module core.

Given the heating unit goes up to ~220C to heat the water, any residual dust, cleaning tablet residues, or just be built up inhalant, or mineral residue left on the heating unit will potentially burn and be left in the water the next time the unit is used. It is not toxic at all, and is an indication that the unit requires a deep clean.

We suggest the unit should be washed with a mild detergent and rinsed very thoroughly before use and in between uses. This should also be done even if using the cleaning tablets, because although they will clean off minerals/scale, they won’t clean off any residual oils from the inhalant. In addition to regular cleaning as above you can also try giving it a soak in Vinegar – add white vinegar to a pot or jug and sit the heating module (The blue section) in this overnight, and then rinse with warm soapy water.

I hope this troubleshooting helps, if not please feel free to call us on Freecall 1800 655 841 or email cservice@fgb.com.au and the team will be happy to assist further.

The Euky Bear Team