Euky Bear Steam Vaporiser

MPN: 300710012005

• Smell

Sam

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad for environment - no replaceable parts!

It’s sad this is a brand for children but when the steam element dies it seems you have to throw away all that plastic without being able to just replace the steam element. So destroy our children’s environment to help them when they’re sick! I agree with other readers to - there is constantly brown flaky deposits building up in the unit & floating in the water The cleaning tablets DON’T work and after a while the essential oils cannot be smelled at all. So disappointed.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for A$70.00.

Mike

MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Caused bedroom walls to go mouldy

My tenant raised concern about bedroom walls and curtains going mouldy. I’ve rented property (house) to different tenants for 30 years. Never experienced mouldy walls until now. Discovered current tenant uses Euky Bear steam vaporiser in bedroom. $600 to clean mould and repaint walls and replace mouldy curtains. I have now prohibited the use of this mould creating, witch doctor device inside my property.

BomberSeven

BomberSevenSydney, NSW

No on & off switch?

We firstly purchased Euky Bear inhaler and used in a diffuser before buying this vaporiser. It comes to my surprise it’s lacking a simple function, which is having an on & off switch. How annoying that it - even a $10 lamp would have it. Whoever design this machine probably never had to use it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$65.00.

Chantaramas Y.

Chantaramas Y.Sydney, NSW

Not worth it

Smell very bad after use for 3 months. Got some flaky brown and water became brown or black in the morning after used. Put the Euky bear cleaning tablets regularly and wash overtime after used.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$53.00.

Lydia

LydiaPerth, WA

Very Slow response customer service

We have this vaporiser for about one year and first winter this worked without any issue. This time round its been used every night and until one day I can barely smell the oil and emailed the customer service, with one follow up, the email was responded in 10 days. After following the instruction to use the tablets and vinegar to clean it still didn't make any different. Emailed back to the customer service and it's been 7 days now has not received any response. Now, the issue got worse, the vaporiser is making burning smell.
Not happy!

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$70.00.

Anna

AnnaDarwin

Not worth it.

Bought two, one for each room. We have been using them every night. I have also run vinegar through both, clean daily, use the special tablets with every clean. Black residue in tank always, The stream is very weak without the ability to turn it up. It does zero with dryness. I had better moisture in the room from a couple of temporary cheap ones I had set up. Would take them back in a heart beat but have misplaced the receipt. Cutting my losses and looking to replace them ASAP.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$70.00.

LemonPoppySeed

LemonPoppySeedSydney

Does the job but probably better ones available.

I think it’s a good little machine.
Creates lots of steam and is fairly quiet.
I have experienced cracking sounds but they seemed to stop after a while.
There does always seem to be a residue in the bottom.
I really dislike that it doesn’t have an on or off switch, instead since I don’t have it plugged into a seperate switch, I need to unplug the whole thing to turn off.
It’s annoying to fill too... need to be refilled everyday, unlike others that last a few days.

Purchased in February 2017 at Chemist Warehouse.

Customer ServiceEuky Bear

Hi, we appreciate your review and the constructive feedback. Will pass on to the team. Many thanks, the Euky Bear team.

Peppa

PeppaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Has helped with my daughter's first cold.

Euky bear keeps the air in the room nice and humid making it easier for her to breathe. The first couple of times there were black flakes in the water after using it, but they resolved after a few uses. My only negative is the night light! It is so bright especially when my daughter is used to sleeping in a dark room. I would prefer not to have it or be able to turn it off or down. Since using it she's be waking up around 6ish, today I turned it off at 5am and she is still sleeping at 7am.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$69.00.

Customer ServiceEuky Bear

That's wonderful news, Peppa! Thanks so much for adding your review & letting us know your feedback. Kind Regards, Euky Bear.
Ps. You can pop some masking tape or duct tape over the light and that might help.

Jemma

Jemma

Love this but there seems to be grey stuff coming off it

I purchased a Euky Bear Vaporizer from chemist warehouse about 3 weeks ago to help our little one fight a runny nose and cough. The first night we used it she slept through after nearly a week of broken sleep due to her coughing.

But on about the 4th use I noticed large grey paint like things in the water. We used the cleaning tablet thinking that would help but it seems to be getting worse. More stuff comes off just in more broken up pieces now.

Not knowing what it is we stopped using it because we were worried it could be toxic and we wouldn’t know. We chucked out the receipt and the box so we can’t take it back to the shop.

Anyone who purchases this definitely keep the receipt incase this happens to you!

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$53.00.

Miss J Donohoe

Miss J DonohoeQueensland

Very disappointed

My Euky Bear is not even 1 year old and it is submitting an awful plastic/burning smell when in use. Prior to this smell I noticed grey flakes different to the normal black/brown flakes from mineral build up. I have always cleaned my euky bear every two/three uses and have now cleaned the euky bear 3 times and can not stop the smell or the grey flakes. I think the heating mechanism coating has melted away and no longer believe my euky bear is safe to use. I am seeking a full refund.

Purchased in November 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$49.99.

Kirk7

Kirk7Sydney, NSW

Black flakes and no reply from customer service

I purchased the unit from Chemist warehouse and the black flakes have been consistently appearing.

They seem to be getting bigger, I don't think the mineral build up can be so much. I have email the manufacturer with photos. Hope to get some answer and a replacement.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Solid vaporiser

I've found this vaporiser to be excellent and reliable. I've had mine for 3 or 4y now and use them through winter for my kids.
- Doesn't overly warm the room - so can use more often (in Brisbane)
- Energy efficient
- Mineral flakes in water container - just pour down sink.. (my old Vicks was horrible to clean)
- Mineral flakes inside the internals are easy to clean (leave vaporiser out of water to thoroughly dry and knock the blue device against the side of the sink. the mineral flakes inside will easily break up and fall through the gaps
- Doesn't overly humidify the room. Previous vaporiser left all my walls slicked in water and created mould issues
- Quiet

Purchased in August 2016 at Chemist Warehouse for A$50.00.

Hi Paul
Thankyou so much for this wonderful and very detailed review. I hope others find it helpful, and we really appreciate you sharing your feedback. Kind Regards, the Euky Bear Team.

Karthik

KarthikPerth, WA

Only Good for 1 Winter :(

Bought this last winter, initially was happy with it but it just gave up this winter. Hopefully i could get a replacement with Chemist warehouse, if not its just a waste of money getting one every winter.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$52.00.

Kylie G.

Kylie G.South-Eastern Region, NSW

How to keep my Euky Bear clean of mineral deposits

Purchased in April 2020 for A$65.00.

Customer ServiceEuky Bear

Flaky and has a burning smell.

Just purchased this from Chemist Warehouse a few days ago and only opened it up today and for some reason there is a burning smell coming out of the steam? I also put 2 caps of the oils but I can't smell anything at all. Also I left it there for about 2 hours thinking maybe it's just a new product and the smell will subside but when I opened it, there were flaky grey/black stuff floating around inside the water. Do not recommend and I will be bringing this back to Chemist Warehouse for a refund as I am not happy with this at all.

Purchased in April 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$52.99.

ashleigh18625

ashleigh18625South East Queensland, QLD

Feels like more trouble than it’s worth

Bought this product from Chemist Warehouse approx 2 weeks ago and I don’t love it. There’s excessive amounts of scale in the tub after each use, despite using cleaning tablets. I’m wondering if this is the coat from the heating module (as it has been for others) rather than water minerals. Also, the steam smells like chlorine or burning plastic.

Purchased in March 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$50.00.

Customer ServiceEuky Bear

Grey pieces of plastic and foul smell

Purchased in December 2019.

Smell

Was great for the first year....but

We received ours as a baby gift and started using it in Feb of 2019 when my son got his first childcare cold. We used it anytime he has a cough or sniffles and loved it. Always clean it and use the tablets as directed. But since we have gone to use it in the last week everytime we plug it in our mains power trips off! No matter what power point we use it continuously trips the house power and we aren't sure why, as we use it the same as before and it was clean! So sad as we were going to by another for our second baby, but now I'm not sure if we should....

Purchased in February 2018.

JLP

JLPVictoria

Customer service

After having an issue with my unit the customer service I received from the Euky Bear company has been absolutely fantastic. They were prompt to respond to the issue and replaced the faulty unit.

Unsure how to rate...

Getting the same gray flakes as everyone else on here is talking about! Noticed them and been worried about what they might be doing to my little boys lungs.... a bit of googling brought me here.
Have used the cleaning tablets religiously since purchase.

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$49.99.

Kirsty

Kirstyasked

Hi I'm a new mum and this is my first time using a vaporizer and I was wondering how long you leave the vaporizer on when you are cleaning it with the euky bear steam vaporizer tablets

Customer ServiceEuky Bear

Hi Kristy! You don't actually have to do a seperate cleaning cycle with the cleaning tablets, you just pop them in as you are using it. We say every 1-2 uses but if you're in a hard water area just pop one in every time you use it.

We do recommend washing out your vaporiser after use using warm water and a mild detergent, swishing around that heating element bit (avoiding getting the cord wet though) before thoroughly drying. Because gunk from leftover inhalant can build up inside even with regular cleaning tablet use.

Every couple of months we recommend doing a "vinegar flush" - add 2-3 tablespoons of plain white vinegar, fill the tank with water and run it 6-8 hours or overnight, somewhere other than baby's room as it can be a bit smelly with the vinegar! This should all help maintain it in peak condition. Hope this helps! Kind Regards, the Euky Bear team.

Maris C.

Maris C.asked

Our Euky bear vaporiser have been stored a while (cleaned and dried before storage). I am about to use it but when I was about to fill it with water there were dry particles (dark gray and white) inside the white container, it came from the heating blue unit as more fell from it when I removed it from the white container. Is it still safe to use this? Also i’d like to confirm what colour is the heating part inside the blue unit because ours is dark in colour. I just noticed now when I peeped but don’t know if it was the same as it was new. Thanks

Hi Maris
It's safe to use but from what you've said it may need a deep clean. It's normally grey inside so the dark you see is fine, but there still could be mineral deposits that have built up on the heating stick - that's most likely causing the flaky particles in the tank.

We'd recommend doing a vinegar flush - add 2-3 tablespoons of plain white vinegar to the tank, fill with water and run for 6-8 hours or overnight. You can also submerge the heating unit in vinegar for an hour or so before this (don't submerge the heating vent & cord at the top) to help loosen build up. Sometimes it just needs a little more help than just the cleaning tablets alone. Hope this helps! Euky Bear Team.

Not happy

Not happyasked

Hi I have recently bought the Euky bear vaporiser.
I have only used it a few (6-8 times) I used the cleaning tables just like the instructions advised. I bought more tables as advised.
Tonight when I have turned it smelly funny almost like burning plastic.
The smell has worried me so much that I have turned the machine off.
I wish I read the reviews!!! I don’t have my receipt but I would like my money back please.

Hi there
Please contact our customer service team to discuss on Freecall 1800 655 841 or cservice@fgb.com.au. Kind Regards, Euky Bear.

Get an answer from our members and Euky Bear representatives