Euky Bear Steam Vaporiser

Euky Bear Steam Vaporiser

MPN: 300710012005

See the Best Vaporisers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mileymouse

MileymouseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Highly recommend, outstanding product!

I received the Euky Bear Steam Vaporiser as a baby shower gift and it has been the most useful gift I received. It is quiet and works very efficiently. I have noticed there is grey “deposits” after use but have been advised they are a mineral build up from the tap water being used in the unit so I follow the product care Euky Bear advise along with the cleaning tablets. Thank you Euky Bear!!

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $50.00.

Dyannah B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Grey paint residue after first use - Batch No. 191473

Having the same grey paint residue as previously reported. Only purchased yesterday from Chemist Warehouse. Used overnight and then saw these reviews. Did not run all night and did not run out of water. Used with the cleaning tablet as recommended for first use. Used with Euky Bear Sniffly Nose Inhalant. Very disappointing.

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $49.99.

Mr B.

Mr B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Burnt plastic smell, toxic smelling plastic pieces in bottom of water

On my first use, the vaporiser emitted a bad chemical smell of plastic. I was hoping it'd go away but it still persisted after 5 days. It smelled like burnt plastic and I was concerned that it's toxic. I returned it to Chemistwarehouse and got a refund. I bought a Beurer humidifier instead - the plastic they use is so much more sturdy. No issues, though it's more expensive.

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $49.00.

Chris

ChrisIllawarra, NSW

Burnt Plastic Smell

Bought this for my 6 month old with a cold. Worked great for about 4-5 nights then got that burnt plastic smell. I've read the other reviews about the burnt plastic smell so will try their recommendation of white vinegar overnight.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $40.00.

Disappointed

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $49.99.

Noise Level
Smell

Jeremy

JeremySydney

Same grey flakes as everyone else

I purchased a euky bear vaporiser a few a days ago to help relieve symptoms of my 1 year olds cold and cough.

This morning, I discovered it was full of what appear to be grey paint flakes. Some googling brought me here, where it seems if is a very common recent problem, that the company is aware of, and has done nothing to resolve.

Why these are still being sold, I have no idea. It beggars belief really. Whatever the substance is, I hope it’s not harmful.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $49.00.

greenerpGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stopped producing steam after 3.5 years

It was fantastic when it worked. Quiet and ran through the night. My kids sleep for 12 hours and it easily last 15 hours with 1 full fill. But it stopped producing steam now. I have no idea where the receipt is so the 5 year warranty isn’t any good for us.

Purchased in January 2016 at Chemist Warehouse for $70.00.

greenerp

I’ll try the vinegar clean processes today. The little one is so sick at the moment

Unhappy

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $50.00.

Vanessa
Vanessa

Thank you. I have already sent an email on Friday to the one you provided with no response to date. I am waiting to hear back from the chemist today and if they won’t refund I will call the number you have provided.

CarlaEuky Bear

Sorry about that Vanessa. We are awfully behind on emails - there's only 2 staff in our customer service. I'd call if I were you, it is definitely quicker. My apologies again. Kind Regards, Euky Bear.

Toxic waste of money!

Only purchased this a week ago from Chemist Warehouse & used it for the second time last night. This morning not only was my breathing more difficult than when i went to bed, there was also a foul smell in the room & what looks to be grey paint flakes in the water & where the steam comes out (see pictures below). This is absolutely unacceptable considering this is a product that is meant to help people breathe easier. I would never recommend this product to anyone!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $49.99.

Shona
Shona
Teesh

Teesh

Smells horrible and has Grey flakes

I purchased this unit less than 3 days ago and after the second use it omits a foul smell which also makes the room smell despite having the cleaning tablets in use. I opened the unit only to find grey flakes of what looks to be paint which has been burning off throughout the night possible causing the foul smell.

The system is quiet and I switched to this unit from Vick’s but still disappointed. My poor little one is sick and we need something to work.

Purchased in August 2019 at Priceline for $70.00.

Only good for short time. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT

I have been a big fan of humidifiers for my kids colds so have purchased this unit a couple of times.
It works great until you’ve had it for a while.
(It is still within the warranty period) however I did not keep receipts.
Now it has grey bits floating in the water after ever my use even with using the cleaning tablets and the horrible smell it omits when on just makes it unusable. This is the 2nd unit I am throwing away for the same reason and will not be purchasing again.
It’s such a shame because it could be a great unit as it is very quiet and lasts more than the whole night!

Purchased in January 2016 at Chemist Warehouse for $60.00.

Frustratedcustomer

FrustratedcustomerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Defective and smells like burning plastics

I purchased my Euky bear vaporiser 1 week ago used twice and the water tank is covered in grey plastic bits and has a foul burning odour. It doesn’t smell safe and I contacted customer service only to be chastised for not keeping my receipt and instructed to return to where I purchased it from. Only for Chemist Warehouse to advise I need the receipt for it to be replaced. Such a waste of my time for a 5 day old purchase! I was advised it’s a known issue and it’s only 1 batch which is defective.
If you know your item is defective why is it still for sale on shelf’s? We are buying these products for our babies surly ACCC wouldn’t allow this!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $49.99.

Beware of burning paint!

I used the euky bear warm steam vaporiser for the first time for my sick 4 month old baby. At first it smelt great (I used the euky bear sniffly nose inhalant) and after a while it didn’t smell so good. I thought maybe because it was the first operation.
The next morning I went to empty what was left and re-fill with fresh water and inhalant. I found lots of grey flecks floating in the water and discovered that paint/plastic had peeled off the actual heating unit and into the water.

I am shocked that this could happen to a baby product. We were both inhaling these burning paint fumes all night!

Purchased in August 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $50.00.

Lizzie P
Lizzie P

I have emailed - yesterday but have had no response yet. I attached videos of what I found. I really hope this problem is investigated thoroughly. I am concerned for other parents and babies.

Amanda

AmandaQueensland

Flaky chunks/pieces in the water after every use

I have just purchased the unit. I have the same issue with burning smell and a lot of flaky chunks appearing in the tub after using it for the first two nights in a row. I will not be using this again as I don’t believe this is normal or acceptable! I didn’t see this occur in other vaporisers. I will be returning the unit for a refund.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for $49.99.

Burning plastic smell

Like everyone else is saying, black and grey flake have been appearing after every use since I’ve gotten it, have kept using it for the last few months but can now see that the heating element inside the column is breaking down, there are chunks of clay looking pieces trapped inside the column. And tonight went into my baby’s room and the whole room smelt like burning plastic despite the strong eucalyptus vaporiser we use. Won’t be using this again, despite what you say I’ve never had crap in the water after every use with a cool steam vaporiser.

Purchased in March 2019.

MIA

MIA

Great product and warranty service

Had the old version of the same humidifer and it stopped working after 3 yrs. Found my receipt and submitted a warranty claim online. The next day I got a response saying a replacement is in the post and it arrived a wk later!
The new machine is similarly quiet to the last unit. A pro and a con of the new unit is the reservoir is much smaller so its more compact but was mostly drained after 12hrs of overnight use (the old unit would hold more water and therefore run for longer).

Purchased in May 2016 for $50.00.

CarlaEuky Bear

Thanks Mia for the great feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Kind Regards, Euky Bear.

Themis K.

Themis K.Northern Territory

New purchase

Hi just received one as a gift this is not a review but a question in regards to what the pack includes like the cleaning tablets. My son opened the box and was holding one and one more was in the plastic bag. Does it come with 2 cleaning tablets as sample or more? I need to know as I think he might have swallowed one. Thanks

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

CarlaEuky Bear

It comes with 2 cleaning tablets. Even if one was swallowed, they are non toxic so no cause for concern at all.
Kind Regards, Euky Bear.

TerryBrisbane

You dont want to see what I upload

I use this vaporiser for a year, just in winter though. I put cleaning tablet every 3rd time I use and wash up everyday.

This is what you will get after using a year. My child keep cough during the night and getting worse. I suspicious this vaporiser and disassembled then what happen.

Disgusting at all. I used it exactly same as seller’s manual.

Purchased in June 2017.

ABU

ABUMelbourne

Great product and warranty service is next to none

Excellent product. I was using it for more than a year but suddenly it broke. I claimed for warranty and after 2 weeks I received a new unit. I am really very happy and I really recommend this product over any other vaporizer. Thanks Euky!

Purchased in March 2018 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $49.00.

unhappy customer

unhappy customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice product but did not last for more than 2 years

bought this product as referred by one of our family friend, used it few times when required but its just stopped working. after reading the reviews of others i think this product works for maximum 1 to 2 years then it stops working due to electrical fault. i faced the same issue and i can not even find the recepit.

Purchased in January 2017 at Chemist Warehouse.

Mikha J.

Mikha J.asked

My unit was on and i noticed the light flickering until it shut down while plugged. After a few minutes of unplugging it, it turned on then the light turned off again. And now, it doesn’t turn on anymore. Before this incident, out unit made the water inside orange in color With black sediments. This is the first time this happened! What should we do?

Hi Mikha
Thanks for getting in touch! These two incidents are unrelated, and there's no need to worry about either.
The light on the top of the unit simply just a night light, and has no effect on the operation of the unit. It sounds like your light has become faulty, but if your unit still works and you're happy to use it without the night light, it's no problem to do so. If you prefer to have a nightlight (and that is perfectly your choice) we can replace your unit under warranty. It's up to you, but doesn't indicate any further issue.

With the orange/ black sediment, this is also normal. It is minerals from your tap water. It's harmless and should just be washed away when you rinse the unit out. Make sure you are using the Euky Bear cleaning tablets every 1-2 uses to help prevent mineral scale from building up inside the unit.

Another great trick to try is a "vinegar flush" - add 2-3 tablespoons of white vinegar to the tank, fill to the fill line with water and run your vaporiser for 6-8 hours or overnight. This gives it a really good clean and can help reduce the impact of mineral sediment.

If you'd like to pursue a replacement because of the light, or if you have any other concerns please get in touch with our Customer Service team on Freecall 1800 655 841 or email cservice@fgb.com.au.

Kind Regards, Euky Bear.

Carissa

Carissaasked

Do you have to place it on the ground ? Or can you put it on a shelf. Asking for in the future when bub grows up and starts touching things

CarlaEuky Bear

Hi Carissa, we only recommend to place the Vaporiser on the ground so that it cannot be accidently pulled down from somewhere high by a child. But it also important to be placed away from curious hands, so a shelf is no problems provided they cannot access it - whatever you feel is safest and least accessible from bub. Hope that helps.

Adele M.

Adele M.asked

What are the ingredients in the Euky Bear Cleaning Tablets???

Hi Adele
The active ingredient is citric acid. The tablet is held together with inactive, non-toxic binding ingredients which help the tablet dissolve gradually during use.
If you would like more information please email us on cservice@fgb.com.au.
Kindest Regards, Euky Bear.

Get an answer from our members and Euky Bear representatives