3Festool ROTEX RO Series

Safety

Dave W
Dave WSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Verified 90

Perfect addition to existing my Festool sanding gear

I already have the Rotex RO150 but the RO90 is perfect for those tight spots and live edge sanding. The Delta pad is also very handy on this machine. The addition of the RO90 brings my tally of Festool sanders to 4 and I couldn't be happier........they all have their strong suits in different applications. Quality gear. Show details ·  1
Tony
TonyNew South Wales3 posts

Greatest tool for a tradesman

Best tool on the market love it
Have wanted one for years Show details ·  1
Trevor
TrevorWestern District, VIC4 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified 150

Best 150 mm orbital sander on the market

Very very happy with my new rotex sander it is great to use on both settings very well built Show reply
Mike
MikeSydney Surrounds, NSW3 posts

Great Sander

I was recommended to this tool by a friend whom is an excellent boat painter and restorer. He has had one for years.
Having bought it i am very impressed and wondered how i lived without one for so many years. A great tool and worth the expense. I thoroughly recommend it. Show details ·  1
DOM
DOMSydney, NSW6 posts

It is a great start of the ' Festool sanding range '

Very well presented!... with all the extra's features, it will do for what is designed to do. Show details ·  1
David M
David M

Lovely bit of gear

The Rotex RO 90 has exceeded my expectations. The paint on my 17 year old car is now better than new. I was hesitant with the cost but I have concluded that it is definitely worth it. Its size makes it just right for curved panels and tricky edges while the unit is light and beautiful to guide across the surfaces. Show details ·  1
Adrian
AdrianPerth, WA6 posts

Makes hard work easy

Been floor sanding for over 30 years, Festool is certainly a high quality tool, I have a big collection of Festool products! Worth every cent! Check them out if you a new to the Festool range. Show details ·  1
john c.
john c.
  Fair Incentive Verified 150

This is my second one ( Rotex 150)

Can’t believe how good these are, I’ve had my old for probably 10 years Show reply
JAY
JAYSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Problem solver

My first purchase was the RO90 sander & the dust extractor but since then have added the RO150 sander, the Kapex mitre saw and the track saw to my Festool array. Why? Because using quality, accurate tools is most satisfying and the projects turn out great. Based on my experience a friend has just started his Festool collection. Show reply
Etmar
EtmarSouth East Queensland, QLD26 posts

Simply Outstanding!!

I purchased the Festool RO 150 in 2016. It would have to be one of the most versatile sanders going around.

I was sceptical at first and considering the price, a little hesitant in purchasing. This feeling disappeared after about 2 minutes of using it.

The power (and power adjustment) is incredible; in the coarse mode, it acts almost like a belt sander, removing incredible amounts of material. But be warned, hold on tight because this will just about rip itself out of your hands if you're not ready for it.

In fine mode, it becomes a powerful orbital sander that can have your project ready for finishing in no time.

I would definitely recommend using a Festool dust extractor with this sander. Show details ·  1

Billy
BillyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts
  Verified 125
jpcntti
jpcnttiVictoria, 3770126 posts
richardlindtaylor
richardlindtaylorGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Believe the hype

This sander is a beast. At first I thought I may have bitten off more than I can chew, finding it a little hard to control. However after watching the Festool tutorial relating to this sander, everything changed. Easy to use and will go all day.
Unbelievable. Show details ·  1
JAY
JAYSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Do it for your health

Earlier this year I was sanding with a cheap sander and although outdoors and wearing a mask I still ended up with a chest infection which lead to other complications. Buying Festool gear is expensive and difficult to justify at the home handyman level, but spending a week in hospital can put things in perspective. And of course the Rotex is a joy to use. Show details
Chien Nguyen
Chien NguyenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Verified 150

This is very bad tool and very bad service

I bought this tool from Sydney tools Sunshine Melbourne Vic on Sunday 6/2/2022 and I used it on Tuesday 8/2/2022. It was very hot after I used it for 15mins-20mins. After that, It doesn’t work anymore. I brought it to the dealer to repair or change a new one And they kept my tool from 8/2/2022 until now. I dont have tool for work while I paid $1135 for it and just use for 20 mins. Show details
Festool