Fiat Scudo

Fiat Scudo

1994-2006 and 2007-Present

See the Best Vans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Purchased 2013 and done 377000k and still going

Purchased mine in 2013 and still going. Done about 380000k same turbo and starter plus engine. Replaced clutch at 300000 and alternator as well. Driveshaft changed but they modified by A1 Driveshafts’a and no clicking noise just need to change the rubber when they get old and that’s it. Aircon works well.

Up and downs well it went through a lot so bit noisy sliding doors, gloves box be careful if broken have to replace the whole thing. Windscreen bit of rust from rock chips. Parts are expensive but you can find yourself cheaper online. Still getting one tank 850 to 900+ks. Love the van as I said been through a lot and still going.

Purchased in March 2013 at Coburg.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Love My Scudo

Bought my 2013 model Scudo with only 22,000km on the clock for $13750 in September 2017 and absolutely love the car in every way. Everything works fantastic and it is a pleasure to drive. I highly recommend this car and model to any potential buyers. It has all the same features as the 2015 model. Earlier versions don't have blue tooth. It's so cheap to run and yet still so powerful. I can drive right around Australia (15,000km) and only fill up 15 times and it will only cost me $1500 on fuel. I'm totally amazed at this van.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Cicco70

Cicco70Perth, WA

Why did I Buy a Fiat Scudo?????

BadgeFiat Scudo 2013
Date PurchasedJun 2013

speedmerchmelborne

Love my Scudo

Bought brand new in Jan2015.Ran engine in for 5k.Did oil change to full synthetic.Fitted a full turbo back exhaust 65mm system,no cats.Egr delete complete.Air box intake mod and reroute.Turbo intake piping, mods to intercooler plumbing.Complete ECU remapping.Power went from 88kw stock to 142kw.Runs like absolute dream.
Done sound deadening through out the van.Great van,driving comfort,handling and great value for money. One has to bear in mind that like with all things in life,if one does not look after your things properly then one will end up with problems.Change the oil and filter every 5k.Warm up the engine properly.Dont drill the clutch and brakes and don't be stupid and it will last a long time.

Badge(No Badge)

Scudo ain't no slouch

Michael

MichaelFar North Queensland, QLD

Value for money

Economical plenty of power for size 35000 klms
Use as courier vehicle happy with performance. I think there value for money.need plenty of revs as not huge motor. Will sit on good speed forever on Highway with plenty of gears for cruising. Last vehicle kia pregio was unstoppable ran 300,000 no major problems.

Hobbsy1958

Would not buy another

Dean

Deanperth

Frustrated

I bought a new fiat scuds 2013 model.Im a courier and in 2 years have done 133,000 kms.It is a great unit on diesel. But I have had it off the road, and at fiat repairers 3 times in that 2 years for broken Flywheel.The repairers do loan me another van,to keep my business going. If it wasn't still under warranty the cost would be huge. I wish they would put in better parts,It's not leaving me with any confidence to purchase another fiat.Which is a real shame as I really like the ride . Any answers would be appreciated

Badge0

UllsBrisbane

I don't think you can find a better van in its class for the price.

Scott johnson

Scott johnsonPerth Australia

Not that good

I like my Scudo 2011, but Service and parts are a Catastrophy, but I do it myself

Have done now 115000km. Fast Van. Excellent on the road. Very low fuel consumption. Sway bar problems, Fan speed resistor burnt out twice now. Impossible to get parts for a reasonable price. I order parts in London, they at least know what they do, Australians don't. If I would not be able to fix that car myself, it would be a Night Mare. CV Shaft Boots seem to be another problem. But all up, this could be a very good car for everybody, if only the people down here, who are selling, would know what they do. What they know is how to rip you off, with prices, compared to Europe, that are simply ridiculous. But I still love my Scudo and I am glad I can service it myself.

Not happy

Wait till you have done 70-80,000 km we have 3 in our fleet and they are falling to pieces, i would never buy another one and dont expect Fiat to address any issues once your 3 years is up.We had many issues as listed below would be happy to give a verbal review and make another recommendation on another vehicle as we have tried most brands over the years and this van is the worst by far.

Electric windows, blown turbos, tail shafts, sway bars

TheWarden

Sounds like these vans have been abused to me.

Gavin Hutton
Gavin Hutton

Hi Warden, servicing as recommended in the book and kept on the bitumen by our employees, any other suggestions to make these vans more reliable. They are used the same as the other brands in our fleet.

TheWarden

Fair enough, just very surprising as I know these vehicles have a great reputation in Europe, though we do have a lot more severe speed humps etc here I wonder if that impacts them over time re tail-shafts, sway bars. Interesting.

DeeceerAU

Brilliant van for the price

Yaznit
Yaznit

nice

Fiat Scudo - Great Van!!!

Since purchasing my Scudo Van in 2010, its done 15000 miles and these are my thoughts on the vans

The scudo van has a good burst of pace, being diesel it has good fuel economy, nice ride, sliding doors both sides, tie downs, fast, good price on road. The van is extremely good looking and very very comfortable. I have had many different vans in the past and I must say that I have been very lucky over the years that I have not had much trouble with them, Pleased with my Fiat choice.
Fuel efficient, fast, great looking, good price

NearEarn
NearEarn

Leerayasked

Scudo 2007-Present

2012 Fiat Scudo, Took one for a test drive today, drives great until i tried to reverse park, really noisy when the clutch is pushed in, vibration , grinding noise???? Put me off just wondered what the issue might be, only 87,000ks on the clock?

speedmerch

Hi Leeray,Does this only happen in reverse gear or does it happen when pulling off forwards as well.It sounds to me as though it could be a clutch/flywheel problem or worse, an internal gearbox problem.I would check the following items: Clutch operation(no shuddering and smooth engagement: this will tell you if the the clutch plate/pressure is good or bad).Clutch hydraulic system condition.Gearbox gear selection:no grating or weird noises.Gearbox and engine mountings.C.V joint conditions.
Ask the seller to see the service history and maybe book the van in at a Fiat agent for a full condition report including accident assessment to check that the van has not been in an accident.For a 2012 Scudo with 87k on the clock in good nick i would not pay more than $15k.If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Regards Paul.

Hi Paul
Great advice thank you, It was a Toyota dealer and they only offered me $100 trade in on my trusty Falcon ute, So I walked anyway.

Suheel awan

Suheel awanasked

What weight can it carry?

1200kg

andy.cooke.374

andy.cooke.374asked

I have a heater/fan problem with my 2011 scudo, 1/2/3 don't work but 4 does, is this a resistor problem and how do I repair it? thanks andy

Deeceer

Sounds like resistor as they let full power through on 4 and resist on 1 2 and 3. I'd get an auto electrician to looks at it. It's behind the left lower portion of the dash. You can get at it sort of by pulling out the little pocket/compartment on that side (near the door after the glovebox) and poss also by looking up to the fan unit underneath but I think it's all boxed within the fan unit, I can't quite remember. Mine needed a new resister and a new bit of harness but a good sparky could probably rebuild that bit of harness. I saw this about burning the wires: "Mine did exactly the same. It seems to be a common problem. There is the possibility to connect 2 ground-wires, but Fiat chose to use only one. One terminal can't carry the current for the fan, it overloads, and burns out." Because it turns out this is not uncommon in many Euro cars/vans (Peugeot, etc) using the same parts, there is plenty of mention on the internet.

Get an answer from our members and Fiat representatives