Fiat Scudo

• Features
Dan

DanSydney, NSW

Best van I've ever owned

This is by far the best van I've ever owned. I've had many kinds of vans before, but nothing has come close to this by way of hassle-free, low maintenance, durability and convenience. It will soon be up to 280,000kms yet it's never needed any work done to it other than the timing belt every 120k. It's fast, a pleasure to drive, and parts are now quicker and easier to get than ever before. I bought mine to be used as a campervan and chose the Fiat Scudo since it's the perfect size for me. You can camp in the back quite comfortably but still be able to drive it everywhere that a normal car can go.

Purchased in February 2017 for $14,000.00.

Purchased 2013 and done 377000k and still going

Purchased mine in 2013 and still going. Done about 380000k same turbo and starter plus engine. Replaced clutch at 300000 and alternator as well. Driveshaft changed but they modified by A1 Driveshafts’a and no clicking noise just need to change the rubber when they get old and that’s it. Aircon works well.

Up and downs well it went through a lot so bit noisy sliding doors, gloves box be careful if broken have to replace the whole thing. Windscreen bit of rust from rock chips. Parts are expensive but you can find yourself cheaper online. Still getting one tank 850 to 900+ks. Love the van as I said been through a lot and still going.

Purchased in March 2013 at Coburg.

Love My Scudo

Bought my 2013 model Scudo with only 22,000km on the clock for $13750 in September 2017 and absolutely love the car in every way. Everything works fantastic and it is a pleasure to drive. I highly recommend this car and model to any potential buyers. It has all the same features as the 2015 model. Earlier versions don't have blue tooth. It's so cheap to run and yet still so powerful. I can drive right around Australia (15,000km) and only fill up 15 times and it will only cost me $1500 on fuel. I'm totally amazed at this van.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Cicco70

Cicco70Perth, WA

Why did I Buy a Fiat Scudo?????

BadgeFiat Scudo 2013
Date PurchasedJune 2013

speedmerchmelborne

Love my Scudo

Bought brand new in Jan2015.Ran engine in for 5k.Did oil change to full synthetic.Fitted a full turbo back exhaust 65mm system,no cats.Egr delete complete.Air box intake mod and reroute.Turbo intake piping, mods to intercooler plumbing.Complete ECU remapping.Power went from 88kw stock to 142kw.Runs like absolute dream.
Done sound deadening through out the van.Great van,driving comfort,handling and great value for money. One has to bear in mind that like with all things in life,if one does not look after your things properly then one will end up with problems.Change the oil and filter every 5k.Warm up the engine properly.Dont drill the clutch and brakes and don't be stupid and it will last a long time.

Badge(No Badge)
DazzaD

DazzaDGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Scudo ain't no slouch

Michael

MichaelFar North Queensland, QLD

Value for money

Economical plenty of power for size 35000 klms
Use as courier vehicle happy with performance. I think there value for money.need plenty of revs as not huge motor. Will sit on good speed forever on Highway with plenty of gears for cruising. Last vehicle kia pregio was unstoppable ran 300,000 no major problems.

Hobbsy1958

Would not buy another

Dean

Deanperth

Frustrated

I bought a new fiat scuds 2013 model.Im a courier and in 2 years have done 133,000 kms.It is a great unit on diesel. But I have had it off the road, and at fiat repairers 3 times in that 2 years for broken Flywheel.The repairers do loan me another van,to keep my business going. If it wasn't still under warranty the cost would be huge. I wish they would put in better parts,It's not leaving me with any confidence to purchase another fiat.Which is a real shame as I really like the ride . Any answers would be appreciated

Badge0
Ulls

UllsBrisbane

I don't think you can find a better van in its class for the price.

Scott johnson

Scott johnsonPerth Australia

Not that good

I like my Scudo 2011, but Service and parts are a Catastrophy, but I do it myself

Have done now 115000km. Fast Van. Excellent on the road. Very low fuel consumption. Sway bar problems, Fan speed resistor burnt out twice now. Impossible to get parts for a reasonable price. I order parts in London, they at least know what they do, Australians don't. If I would not be able to fix that car myself, it would be a Night Mare. CV Shaft Boots seem to be another problem. But all up, this could be a very good car for everybody, if only the people down here, who are selling, would know what they do. What they know is how to rip you off, with prices, compared to Europe, that are simply ridiculous. But I still love my Scudo and I am glad I can service it myself.

Not happy

Wait till you have done 70-80,000 km we have 3 in our fleet and they are falling to pieces, i would never buy another one and dont expect Fiat to address any issues once your 3 years is up.We had many issues as listed below would be happy to give a verbal review and make another recommendation on another vehicle as we have tried most brands over the years and this van is the worst by far.

Electric windows, blown turbos, tail shafts, sway bars

TheWarden

Sounds like these vans have been abused to me.

Gavin Hutton
Gavin Hutton

Hi Warden, servicing as recommended in the book and kept on the bitumen by our employees, any other suggestions to make these vans more reliable. They are used the same as the other brands in our fleet.

TheWarden

Fair enough, just very surprising as I know these vehicles have a great reputation in Europe, though we do have a lot more severe speed humps etc here I wonder if that impacts them over time re tail-shafts, sway bars. Interesting.

Deeceer

DeeceerAU

Brilliant van for the price

Yaznit
Yaznit

nice

Find out how Fiat Scudo compares to other Vans

Fiat Scudo - Great Van!!!

Since purchasing my Scudo Van in 2010, its done 15000 miles and these are my thoughts on the vans

The scudo van has a good burst of pace, being diesel it has good fuel economy, nice ride, sliding doors both sides, tie downs, fast, good price on road. The van is extremely good looking and very very comfortable. I have had many different vans in the past and I must say that I have been very lucky over the years that I have not had much trouble with them, Pleased with my Fiat choice.
Fuel efficient, fast, great looking, good price

NearEarn
NearEarn

Nico G.

Nico G.asked

Scudo

Steering pulls to side when turbo kicks in any ideas why

Steve Story

Steve Storyasked

Scudo

Have a 2014 Fiat Scudo has only 93000 kilometres will suddenly while driving engine turns off takes about 5-7 minutes before it will start back up. Usually just before it cuts off there is a jerking motion like it’s gasping got air to continue. Any advise would be helpful it’s in the shop now

Emin P.

I'm just guessing could be the injector needs cleaning or if does require to change get them reconditioned cheaper. Second could be the fuel injector pump, they cost $2500 Kia dealer or eBay you can get them $900 GST plus. Reconditioned cheaper maybe the fuel pump ok but the part on it can be faulty that part is the fuel pump regulator pressure (pressure regulator valve ) could be faulty cost $160 postage from eBay plus another part valve on it as well maybe $150 postage. These two parts are on the fuel pump injector. Could be faulty just needs that to be change. eBay guy https://ebay.com.au/usr/newpartautomotive

Regular service and make sure your mechanic puts the full synthetic oil. I'm guessing previous owner didn't look after it.

Emin P.

Check the fuel filter may need replacing, the earth, jerking could be injector may need cleaning or replace. Let the mechanic figure it out, so see what he says, don't jump in conclusion telling him this that yet he charge the crap out of you. feel free to email me ghostrider1453@gmail.com

Emin P.

Second hand parts available at wreckers as well.

Leerayasked

Scudo 2007-Present

2012 Fiat Scudo, Took one for a test drive today, drives great until i tried to reverse park, really noisy when the clutch is pushed in, vibration , grinding noise???? Put me off just wondered what the issue might be, only 87,000ks on the clock?

speedmerch

Hi Leeray,Does this only happen in reverse gear or does it happen when pulling off forwards as well.It sounds to me as though it could be a clutch/flywheel problem or worse, an internal gearbox problem.I would check the following items: Clutch operation(no shuddering and smooth engagement: this will tell you if the the clutch plate/pressure is good or bad).Clutch hydraulic system condition.Gearbox gear selection:no grating or weird noises.Gearbox and engine mountings.C.V joint conditions.
Ask the seller to see the service history and maybe book the van in at a Fiat agent for a full condition report including accident assessment to check that the van has not been in an accident.For a 2012 Scudo with 87k on the clock in good nick i would not pay more than $15k.If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Regards Paul.

Hi Paul
Great advice thank you, It was a Toyota dealer and they only offered me $100 trade in on my trusty Falcon ute, So I walked anyway.

Fiat Scudo