Ford Falcon

Ford Falcon

AU, BA, BF, EL, FG and FG X

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Incredible car, built too last. Still looks new, serviced 10 times in 5 years, highly reccommend.

Great for commuting; with space whilst looking great. You won't spend a fortune servicing and the black leather interior/sport function is as powerful as you need for our roads. Very quick, only issue which is a known issue (tailshaft) goes at 90-110 thousand km, just had mune re-built and running a dream again. This car will sore in value and is not easy to find in 2019 already.

Purchased in February 2014 at Ford Dealers for $34,990.00.

BoughtNew
Year2013

Ford Falcon XR6 -> Great choice for a 2nd hand car

The later Ford Falcons were an underrated car when they were released. Considering the ongoing costs, Falcons are a good option if you are hunting around for a 2nd hand car in the 7 to 10 year old category.

-> Grippy : good handling
-> Cheap parts. Front wheel bearings do tend to wear out and need replacing.
-> Cheap to run for the gas option (Eco LPi)
-> Good engine performance, no issue with the gas option

Handling could still be better compared to other cars but is still superior to the older Falcons. As long as you keep them serviced I Feel this is a fairly solid bet for 2nd hand car buyers.

Purchased in July 2019 for $13,309.00.

Year2012

Best Fuel Efficient Car

I recently bought a used 2012 ford falcon ecolpi which done 200k's. Its one of the best car I owned in terms of running costs and maintenance.It only cost me around 45 to 50 dollars depending on LPG price and get around 600kms easily. It's very powerful for a LPG only car and got 200kw. The only issue I found is the diff bushes are prone to crack which I replaced with a Nolathane bush and never had issues with it. So if you own an Fg and sick of replacing diff bushes go for the Nolathane or other similar quality ones. It bit expensive compared to the normal rubber bushes but saves you money and time in the long run.
So in short if anyone looking to buy a ecolpi dont hesitate just for it. Its a shame that we don't have anymore falcons

Great car with a few small little issues

The BA Ford is a very reliable vehicle, very poor fuel economy I am currently getting 14.7L/100km
The shifter has had to be replaced as well as several ignition coils, these are the only issues I have had in 2-3 years of owning this vehicle. It has a nice 182kw of power along with a high quality traction system and a nice modern interior. It is a shame there is no AUX or USB option for audio.

Purchased in September 2016 for $3,100.00.

TransmissionSemi-Automatic
Year2004

Best car

Reliable, affordable and has power. Use this car as my daily. Not much mechanical issues and cost is cheap to get fix. Can’t get a better Aussie vehicle than the falcon!

Purchased in July 2015.

Year2013

Reliable and economical

Have had two AU Falcon wagons. The First One dual fuel I put 500000km on clock until gas computer died. Very reliable cars with beautiful interior unlike the later Falcons which seem more plastic inside. So good that I purchased a second wagon a year ago which was well looked after by a pensioner. Very economic on petrol if driven light footed I constantly get 8.7 L/100 combined running. Extremely reliable and comfortable cars that are tremendous value for money.

Purchased in January 2018 for $2,500.00.

Year2002

Seriously underrated car

The ford falcon was honestly such a great car. Never left my family stranded for over 100000kms. Bought new in 2011, unfortunate sold it in 2019. The engine was smooth and powerful, however pretty thirsty but acceptable for a 4 litre, always felt safe to drive. Lacked modern features but was designed to get you to A to B safely and the falcon got you to C and beyond. 100% recommend to any family on a budget or young driver wanting a good reliable safe car.

Purchased in February 2011.

BoughtNew
Year2011

Poorly built

Poorly built car. Constant problems with tyres wearing prematurely due to wheel alignment. I've had the wheels aligned numerous times, which hasn't fixed the problem. Warped brake discs and vibrations while driving. I've had the ICC replaced due to failure and the drive shaft repaired due to a bearing problem. I have zero confidence in the build quality of this car.
DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!

BadgeXR6
Date PurchasedNov 2015

Car has no spark

Use car daily and for everything work sports going out long trips service car my self all I have had to do is change oil and brakes as I said it is a evert day user helps me a work too be cause it has a tow bar which is handy

BadgeForte
Date PurchasedJun 2016

Great Car

Great to drive, reliable, comfortable. the MK2 has a very good tech package, easy connectivity. Good ride. Used to drive to work and for leisure, about 25,000 km per year, bought it with 58,000 km on ODO. Initial service by Jarvis but seemed to be an expensive fluids only service, will now get serviced at willaston auto body repairs. No issues as yet.

BadgeXR6
Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great cat

Having just lost my vy commodore in a accident so got written off , was sad to see it go , anyway shopped a round for another came across a 2004 ba which i wasnt planning on buying but now so glad i did . Only 220 ks on it , feel like im nearlly driving around in a new car , interior is way better than the vy , absolutely love it ,, only problem is the roof lining but happy to spend $300 getting ghat done , anyway absolutely over the moon with it .

BadgeXT
Date PurchasedOct 2018

aussie transport at its finest

Falcons are a good car, this model had some good upgrades on the safety. Other than a bit more refined interior its pretty much your standard sedan. Nothing too fancy, reliable transport, they also have a bit of power too if you are into speeding or getting the kids to school early.

Had problems with the windows and the airconditioning too was not the best.

BadgeFutura
Date PurchasedFeb 2005

Best car in LPG

BadgeXT EcoLPi
Date PurchasedSep 2018

AU XR6 Tickford Spec

Hand built Engine, made in Australia for Australian conditions. This car has done over 200,000 kms and still has around 300,000 more to go, its held up extremely well, and requires almost no maintenance, the electronics in the car still work great. Has the original dash and everything. The build quality on these model and year are fantastic, if you can find one thats in reasonably well kept condition even at higher KM's you should pick it up. The only thing people dont like about the series 1 AU is the bug eye lights, which personally I love.

BadgeXR6 Limited Edition
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Stay away

All I can say about this car is that is was junk. I bought the car new and had nothing but problems from the beginning. The Ford dealership at Sutherland used to thrash my car when it was in for warranty. But the car has numerous mechanical faults, like suspension, faulty horns (twice), faulty power windows, faulty cruise control (twice), fuel pressure regulator, radiator, central door locking mechanisms (5 times), spark leads failing, engine valve spring broke, clunky gearbox, power window fails, rear left wheel nuts coming loose (twice) and steering bolts coming loose. Also the chassis twisted and I went to six different tyre companies for wheel alignment and they all said they wouldn't align the wheel to 1.4 mm. The car cost me over $7000 for repairs when the car was out of warranty excluding services and consumables like tyres and brake pads etc.
The engine was not mated to the gearbox well and was slow to shift, fuel economy was terrible, about 18 to 20L/100. Performance was average as the auto gearbox was geared too high. Pathetic car, service and sales. I would never buy a Ford again.

BadgeXR8
Engine Size5.0
Date PurchasedJul 2002

Perfection at it's finest

I love my car use it on daily and a track car, never missed a beat , strongest car I've owned )ticking strong at 600,00km, , (owned daweoos to porches) and so far this is the greatest machine , A true drivers car ,
Goods : strong
: Cheap
: Parts are free/cheap and everywhere
: Very fun to drive
: Safe car
: if dual fuel good on fuel cost
: Parts are compatible with other models
: Easy to fix
: Rarity of tickford models

BadgeXR6 VCT Sprint
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedDec 2002

Purchased a G6E

After having the base model FG falcon and having no issues at all covering around 240,000 klms, decided to a get a G6E. Their hard to come by in decent condition, and I ended up getting one with around 240,000 which I would typically say is far to high, test drove it, seemed to drive as good as any of the others i drove with lesser klms and had all history, etc.... Since having the g6e which is far more superior to the base FG I've covered around 20,000 klms in 3 months mainly country travel. The g6e is still tight at around 260,000 and the motor shows no signs of tiring. This engine with the 6 speed auto is a good match and moves quiet well and smooth, the interior is brilliant, no rattles, comfy and feels solid, still appears brand new. Love the stereo, reverse camera, sonic sensors and basically the look of this model (2009). I'd compare this model similar to some of the European cars Ive driven with the difference being these cars rarely fault.

BadgeG6E
Date PurchasedMay 2018

i love my car!

Hi I am just wondering why my car horn is going off all the time for no reason, it went off today while I was driving and people thought I was honking at them!!! and im getting honked at and sworn at, its like you've just got your hand on the horn

BadgeClassic Futura
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Good reliable car

I use my for my family or my self everyday. And I done every time service on time some time bet late but it's good car relable. Mechanic never mentioned any big issue.but it's old car .that's way some time sadenley problem. May next one again I will buy ford car.

BadgeForte
Engine Size5.4
Date PurchasedMar 2015

Very smooth

I bought a 2009 fg xt in winter white with 160 000k for a very good price and it is a very good car and a better car than my previous VE commodore,as the car has a few kms on the clock I will tell of the associated problems with age,all that has gone wrong is the front discs were warped,roof lining was sagging and the boot light doesn't work right and when I tried to fix it,a fuse blew causing a strange "transmission not in park" warning on dash but that went away when I replaced the blown 5a fuse,but boot light still doesn't work other than that the car is great and a real bargain except it uses lots of fuel.

BadgeXT
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Is 2002 au compatible with 2003 xr6 auto . Car will not go in reverse and revs high in forward

Why does my ba turbo auto gearbox shutter in idle when it gets warm
throttle body? Try disassemble and clean it using compressed air or carb cleaner, should dislodge any grime which could be holding it partly open and try tightning hoses.

Hi Guys and girls I have a AU2 xr8 auto I have had the Auto reconditioned and since then the reverse lights stayed on in every gear, I have had that fixed, so now it won't change into 4th and the Speedo stopped working intermittently what causes.this.

Ford Falcon ELFord Falcon FGFord Falcon FG XFord Falcon BFFord Falcon AUFord Falcon BA
CategoryWagons, Cars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansWagons, Cars and SedansWagons, Cars and SedansWagons, Cars and Sedans
Starting Price $29,950$39,990$35,900$46,405$30,690$50,130
TransmissionAutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeRear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Fuel TypePetrolLPG and PetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels15" Alloy17" Alloy16" Alloy17" Alloy15" Steel17" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating4 Stars5 Stars4 Stars
Doors444444
Seats555555
Fuel Consumption7.4 L/100km14.9 L/100km9 L/100km12.9 L/100km7.4 L/100km9 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 68 L93 L68 L68 L68 L68 L
Engine6 Cylinder 2L6 Cylinder 4L6 Cylinder 4L6 Cylinder 4L6 Cylinder 4L8 Cylinder 5.4L
Max Power157kW @ 4900rpm156kW @ 4750rpm195kW @ 6000rpm245kW @ 5250rpm157kW @ 4900rpm260kW @ 5250rpm
Max Torque357Nm @ 3000rpm371Nm @ 3750rpm353Nm @ 5500rpm480Nm @ 2000-4500rpm357Nm @ 4900rpm500Nm @ 4250rpm
Country of ManufactureAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustralia
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 1996Jan 2008Jan 2014Jan 2005Jan 1998Jan 2002