Ford Falcon

Ford Falcon

FG, BA, BF, etc...

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Josh A.Central, SA

Unkillable

Got a spare $500 then you got an AU. She will never let you down. I have owned 4 in total. Had one that o converted to manual and it was the best car i have owned to date. Nicer to drive than a manual fgx xr6 and oh did I give it 4 years of hell, not that an au cares how bad you treat it.

Purchased in August 2011 for $1,200.00.

TransmissionManual
Year2000

cruise control

sI have a 2001 ford falcon forte au the cruise control doesn,t work I cant find the problem my self I have tried to find the relay switch on line and cant it keeps blowing fuses for some reason anyone know why

chris
chris

Anyone please

Glen.D

Glen.DPerth

The type of car I forgot existed

I bought a EL falcon sedan 96 some time ago with only 77K on it from a little old lady that bought it from new appreciating its condition. Its an additional car for our family and sits in the garage but don't I love driving it. We have a brand new transit van and Isuzu MUX but they have so many electrics that you use in them and mod cons to get from A to B but you don't appreciate the drive. In the time I have had the EL I have had to replace the head gasket thats common but if I had the chance to drive this car over the modern ones I would get rid of the new in an instant.

Year1996

Oh my goodness

Purchased in October 2014 at Ford Dealers for $18,000.00.

Year2012

Brody J.

Brody J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Incredible car, built too last. Still looks new, serviced 10 times in 5 years, highly reccommend.

Great for commuting; with space whilst looking great. You won't spend a fortune servicing and the black leather interior/sport function is as powerful as you need for our roads. Very quick, only issue which is a known issue (tailshaft) goes at 90-110 thousand km, just had mune re-built and running a dream again. This car will sore in value and is not easy to find in 2019 already.

Purchased in February 2014 at Ford Dealers for $34,990.00.

BoughtNew
Year2013

BeachedAz

BeachedAzSpewcastle

Ford Falcon XR6 -> Great choice for a 2nd hand car

The later Ford Falcons were an underrated car when they were released. Considering the ongoing costs, Falcons are a good option if you are hunting around for a 2nd hand car in the 7 to 10 year old category.

-> Grippy : good handling
-> Cheap parts. Front wheel bearings do tend to wear out and need replacing.
-> Cheap to run for the gas option (Eco LPi)
-> Good engine performance, no issue with the gas option

Handling could still be better compared to other cars but is still superior to the older Falcons. As long as you keep them serviced I Feel this is a fairly solid bet for 2nd hand car buyers.

Purchased in July 2019 for $13,309.00.

Year2012

Sarj

SarjGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Fuel Efficient Car

I recently bought a used 2012 ford falcon ecolpi which done 200k's. Its one of the best car I owned in terms of running costs and maintenance.It only cost me around 45 to 50 dollars depending on LPG price and get around 600kms easily. It's very powerful for a LPG only car and got 200kw. The only issue I found is the diff bushes are prone to crack which I replaced with a Nolathane bush and never had issues with it. So if you own an Fg and sick of replacing diff bushes go for the Nolathane or other similar quality ones. It bit expensive compared to the normal rubber bushes but saves you money and time in the long run.
So in short if anyone looking to buy a ecolpi dont hesitate just for it. Its a shame that we don't have anymore falcons

Critically True

Critically TrueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great car with a few small little issues

The BA Ford is a very reliable vehicle, very poor fuel economy I am currently getting 14.7L/100km
The shifter has had to be replaced as well as several ignition coils, these are the only issues I have had in 2-3 years of owning this vehicle. It has a nice 182kw of power along with a high quality traction system and a nice modern interior. It is a shame there is no AUX or USB option for audio.

Purchased in September 2016 for $3,100.00.

TransmissionSemi-Automatic
Year2004

James

James

Best car

Reliable, affordable and has power. Use this car as my daily. Not much mechanical issues and cost is cheap to get fix. Can’t get a better Aussie vehicle than the falcon!

Purchased in July 2015.

Year2013
Neil

NeilNew South Wales

Reliable and economical

Have had two AU Falcon wagons. The First One dual fuel I put 500000km on clock until gas computer died. Very reliable cars with beautiful interior unlike the later Falcons which seem more plastic inside. So good that I purchased a second wagon a year ago which was well looked after by a pensioner. Very economic on petrol if driven light footed I constantly get 8.7 L/100 combined running. Extremely reliable and comfortable cars that are tremendous value for money.

Purchased in January 2018 for $2,500.00.

Year2002

Zak

ZakPeel, WA

Seriously underrated car

The ford falcon was honestly such a great car. Never left my family stranded for over 100000kms. Bought new in 2011, unfortunate sold it in 2019. The engine was smooth and powerful, however pretty thirsty but acceptable for a 4 litre, always felt safe to drive. Lacked modern features but was designed to get you to A to B safely and the falcon got you to C and beyond. 100% recommend to any family on a budget or young driver wanting a good reliable safe car.

Purchased in February 2011.

BoughtNew
Year2011

Poorly built

Poorly built car. Constant problems with tyres wearing prematurely due to wheel alignment. I've had the wheels aligned numerous times, which hasn't fixed the problem. Warped brake discs and vibrations while driving. I've had the ICC replaced due to failure and the drive shaft repaired due to a bearing problem. I have zero confidence in the build quality of this car.
DO NOT BUY ONE!!!!

BadgeXR6
Date PurchasedNov 2015

Bren

BrenGold coast

Car has no spark

Use car daily and for everything work sports going out long trips service car my self all I have had to do is change oil and brakes as I said it is a evert day user helps me a work too be cause it has a tow bar which is handy

BadgeForte
Date PurchasedJun 2016

Col W

Col Wadelaide

Great Car

Great to drive, reliable, comfortable. the MK2 has a very good tech package, easy connectivity. Good ride. Used to drive to work and for leisure, about 25,000 km per year, bought it with 58,000 km on ODO. Initial service by Jarvis but seemed to be an expensive fluids only service, will now get serviced at willaston auto body repairs. No issues as yet.

BadgeXR6
Date PurchasedOct 2017

Stillwaiting

Stillwaiting

Great cat

Having just lost my vy commodore in a accident so got written off , was sad to see it go , anyway shopped a round for another came across a 2004 ba which i wasnt planning on buying but now so glad i did . Only 220 ks on it , feel like im nearlly driving around in a new car , interior is way better than the vy , absolutely love it ,, only problem is the roof lining but happy to spend $300 getting ghat done , anyway absolutely over the moon with it .

BadgeXT
Date PurchasedOct 2018
Bob Smith

Bob Smithcentral coast nsw

aussie transport at its finest

Falcons are a good car, this model had some good upgrades on the safety. Other than a bit more refined interior its pretty much your standard sedan. Nothing too fancy, reliable transport, they also have a bit of power too if you are into speeding or getting the kids to school early.

Had problems with the windows and the airconditioning too was not the best.

BadgeFutura

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Skyla

SkylaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

AU XR6 Tickford Spec

Hand built Engine, made in Australia for Australian conditions. This car has done over 200,000 kms and still has around 300,000 more to go, its held up extremely well, and requires almost no maintenance, the electronics in the car still work great. Has the original dash and everything. The build quality on these model and year are fantastic, if you can find one thats in reasonably well kept condition even at higher KM's you should pick it up. The only thing people dont like about the series 1 AU is the bug eye lights, which personally I love.

BadgeXR6 Limited Edition

Date PurchasedJul 2002

Joe

JoeMelbourne

Perfection at it's finest

I love my car use it on daily and a track car, never missed a beat , strongest car I've owned )ticking strong at 600,00km, , (owned daweoos to porches) and so far this is the greatest machine , A true drivers car ,
Goods : strong
: Cheap
: Parts are free/cheap and everywhere
: Very fun to drive
: Safe car
: if dual fuel good on fuel cost
: Parts are compatible with other models
: Easy to fix