6Ford Transit

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Vans in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ford Transit41 reviews
Anthony
Anthony17 posts
  VO

I was looking at buying a Transit, but no longer after seeing these reviews. I can't afford to get a loan to repair one

I think it is way overdue that everyone in this review space and anyone else with problems try a class action on Ford and or everyone show up at a Dealership who has problems, even if you have to tray truck your none working transit there in mass protest. They are dealing with you all on a one on one basis and you get nowhere. Time to start a facebook page for these heaps of troubles. John Cadogan on Auto Expert may have done a review and he may be a place to contact also.
M.Roberts
M.RobertsNew South Wales8 posts

Best vehicle I have owned

Have owned my 2018 VO transit for over a year and put 60,000kms on it.
Great fuel economy for a large van.
Really good power from the turbo diesel engine, always had plenty of acceleration uphill.
Comfortable sitting position.
Auto gearbox if flawless.
Plenty of room and storage compartments.
Apple play as standard is a nice touch.
Drives better than any 4x4 turntable diesel I have owned.
Currently converting mine to a camper. Show details
Jessie
Jessie3 posts

Broken down for 2 Months - FORD hasnt even diagnosed the problem

Our 2017 regularly serviced work van wouldnt turn on after a work event. Couldnt get our equipment home. Had to tow to our local mechanic who said it was a Ford specific issue. Called every Ford service centre in a 400km radius and all had waits of 2-4 months. Spent $800 towing it to a service centre and they still have no diagnosis for us. No updates or call backs. Costing our business a fortune. NEVER again Ford.
Mark
MarkSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
Bruno F
Bruno FQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  VM

Absolute GARBAGE from rust to multiple sensor failure and mechanical failure just buy something else

Ignition switch failure
Mass airflow sensor failure
Fuel solenoid failure
Fuel filter early failure
Water cooling joint breakage just by gently wagging it to disconnect the hose

I could go forever
Shocking service
No parts available not even at Ford dealership

Go straight past it Show details

Craig
CraigNSWSydney, NSW5 posts
  VO

Adaptive cruise control is dangerous

Just purchased a 2020.5 Ford Jumbo overall a decent van except for the adaptive cruise control have had near misses so far with the cruise control braking suddenly due to a car changing lanes in front off me with 3 to 5 car lengths distance. This on at least 2 occasions has caused the car behind me to either have to lock breaks up or swerve to avoid rear ending me all off this was on the freeway at 110km hour. I visited 3 dealerships until I found someone who could change the settings to normal cruise control. Don't waste your money paying for adaptive cruise control.
II have owned the van for 3 months and was at the point off either replacing the cruise control with a after market version or selling the van Show details
rogfra1770
rogfra1770QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Transit

Jack of all trades, master of some

Use as my car and weekend escape vehicle
Wider than you think, lower than it looks, quicker than it should be with more equipment than you would expect in a van
kombi53
kombi53QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD19 posts
Levi
LeviQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy

I use this car for my business and besides the ad blue being a pain just found out my rotors need to be replaced at 42,000 kms $2,500 later not worth it. Asked Ford how long the new ones will last and said about the same amount of time. Show details
Rob Ashby
Rob Ashby
David
DavidNorthern Territory3 posts

Non computerised pump

You can successfully fit a non computerised diesel pump to these vehicles using a cable and no security lock out. The system works well and uses most of the original parts apart from the actual pump.- and the experts said it could never be done. Show details
Mike T.
Mike T.
  VM

A great reliable and economical transportation

My transit was coverted ito a camper and one a year I tour Europe for aproximately 30,000 Km.
It has 286,000 Km and had no major breackdown. The engine 2.2L Diesel 140HP is fuel efficiently 6.2 L/ 100Km. Doesn't consume any oil between changes ( 15,000 Km ). I use only 100% Synthetic oil 5W 30.
I had to replace the left hub bearring. I will replace the 4 injectors and the EGR valve to improve the emission and to stop the slight black smock on shifting gears.
It is a very reliable vehicle and drives comfortable. The turning radius is not tight due to the front wheel drive and a the long wheelbase. The passenger door fails to lock sometimes. Show details
Shygirl101
Shygirl101VICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts

Great Tradie Van

This is a great Van, there is room for all your tools you can pretty much customise the back with however you need to work. Gets good fuel mileage too and is super comfortable to drive.  Show details
kangachick
kangachickAU2 posts

Older Ford Transits better than new ones

I have a Ford Transit Winnebago 2001 and its been fantastic. I'm the 3rd owner and the vehicle has performed very well. Travelling around Australia, if I do need anything incl servicing, all mechanics know Ford. And parts are easy to get.

All the bad reviews are referring to newer models.

Mine is 2001 - yes its 18 years old, but things were built differently back then, better quality = built to last.

I wanted to put this here to balance out the bad reviews. Keep in mind, people are more likely to spend time writing a bad review than a good one. It gives them a vent. I would buy an older Ford Transit chassis again, just the older models. They go forever.

mickey
mickeyVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC16 posts

Great van, terrible technology

10,000 km 12 moinths

Van and functional stuff is great

Centre console is straight out of the *early* 2000s

I'm 185cm, and can't reach the radio etc from the driving position

SYNC technology

SatNav is useless (prompts -after- the turn in city situtions) - now using phone and TomTom

Voice control is laughable (but it doen't understand laughs or swearing)

Radio is dangerous to use while driving (illogical controls)

Reverse camera cuts out if a call comes in!

Don't park on a slope - rear-up with <20% tank. Won't start!

There's much more - I wouldn't buy another one until it's fixed.

Keith S.
Keith S. · Transit VO (2014-2024)

2014 Ford transit , VO , 350L. Lwb, high roof. Can I change the dual front passenger seats for a single so I can "walk thru" into the cargo area from the driver's seat.

Shane j.
Shane j. · Transit VO (2014-2024)

Hi I have a Ford Transit late 2019 VO LWB.
Have just had to replace the injectors after just 65000k. My local mechanic performed the job but using his latest and greatest 'Snap On' coding tool can not find Ford Transit to be able to code the new injectors.
He has all the other Fords at his fingertips but no Transit.
My question is..... Do I need to code them in this model ?
I have rang Ford dealerships and they won't disclose any information until i book it in with a ford dealer which is booked out 2 months ahead.
Thanks Johno

Ted V.
Ted V. · Transit VO (2014-2024)

My Ford transit has been sitting at Eln Ford for Twelve months as it blew a second motor at 85,000 km th first one just stopped at 165 ,00 km not to mention my gearbox $7,500 had problems 2 months before that as well as wiper linkages failed and water bottle cracked there is so many things that went wrong with it I’m still paying for it and I haven’t been able to use it’s a 2018 model nothing but trouble so either the mechanics that worked were incompetent all the van was a lemon not happy with the way I’ve been treated

Compare all Ford Transit listings
Ford Transit VM
  • Discontinued
Ford Transit VM (2006-2013)3.0
CategoryVansVans
TransmissionAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD) and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Fuel TypeDiesel
CamerasRear
Cruise ControlAdaptive (ACC)
Parking SensorsCross-Traffic Alert (Rear), Front and Rear
Hazard PerceptionBlind Spot Monitoring (BSM) and Forward Collision Warning
Lane AssistanceEmergency Lane Keeping (ELK), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
Speed Sign RecognitionNone