VM, VO
See the Best Vans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ford? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
Bruno F
Bruno FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute GARBAGE from rust to multiple sensor failure and mechanical failure just buy something else

Ignition switch failure
Mass airflow sensor failure
Fuel solenoid failure
Fuel filter early failure
Water cooling joint breakage just by gently wagging it to disconnect the hose

I could go forever
Shocking service
No parts available not even at Ford dealership

Go straight past it

Purchased in October 2011.

Craig
CraigSydney, NSW

Adaptive cruise control is dangerous

Just purchased a 2020.5 Ford Jumbo overall a decent van except for the adaptive cruise control have had near misses so far with the cruise control braking suddenly due to a car changing lanes in front off me with 3 to 5 car lengths distance. This on at least 2 occasions has caused the car behind me to either have to lock breaks up or swerve to avoid rear ending me all off this was on the freeway at 110km hour. I visited 3 dealerships until I found someone who could change the settings to normal cruise control. Don't waste your money paying for adaptive cruise control.
II have owned the van for 3 months and was at the point off either replacing the cruise control with a after market version or selling the van

Purchased in February 2021 for $57,000.00.

rogfra1770
rogfra1770South East Queensland, QLD

Jack of all trades, master of some

Use as my car and weekend escape vehicle
Wider than you think, lower than it looks, quicker than it should be with more equipment than you would expect in a van

Purchased in January 2020 at Ford Dealers for $50,990.00.

kombi53South East Queensland, QLD

Seat issues detract from a great ride.

Purchased in September 2020 for $54,000.00.

Levi
LeviSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy

I use this car for my business and besides the ad blue being a pain just found out my rotors need to be replaced at 42,000 kms $2,500 later not worth it. Asked Ford how long the new ones will last and said about the same amount of time.

Purchased in May 2020 for $35,000.00.

Don't do it to yourself

Purchased in June 2017 for $55,000.00.

David
DavidNorthern Territory

Non computerised pump

You can successfully fit a non computerised diesel pump to these vehicles using a cable and no security lock out. The system works well and uses most of the original parts apart from the actual pump.- and the experts said it could never be done.

Purchased in October 2015 for $12,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

A great reliable and economical transportation.

My transit was coverted ito a camper and one a year I tour Europe for aproximately 30,000 Km.
It has 286,000 Km and had no major breackdown. The engine 2.2L Diesel 140HP is fuel efficiently 6.2 L/ 100Km. Doesn't consume any oil between changes ( 15,000 Km ). I use only 100% Synthetic oil 5W 30.
I had to replace the left hub bearring. I will replace the 4 injectors and the EGR valve to improve the emission and to stop the slight black smock on shifting gears.
It is a very reliable vehicle and drives comfortable. The turning radius is not tight due to the front wheel drive and a the long wheelbase. The passenger door fails to lock sometimes.

Purchased in June 2008 at Privet sale.

Shygirl101
Shygirl101Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Tradie Van

This is a great Van, there is room for all your tools you can pretty much customise the back with however you need to work. Gets good fuel mileage too and is super comfortable to drive.

Purchased in March 2016 at Private Sale.

kangachick
kangachickAU

Older Ford Transits better than new ones

I have a Ford Transit Winnebago 2001 and its been fantastic. I'm the 3rd owner and the vehicle has performed very well. Travelling around Australia, if I do need anything incl servicing, all mechanics know Ford. And parts are easy to get.
All the bad reviews are referring to newer models.
Mine is 2001 - yes its 18 years old, but things were built differently back then, better quality = built to last.
I wanted to put this here to balance out the bad reviews. Keep in mind, people are more likely to spend time writing a bad review than a good one. It gives them a vent. I would buy an older Ford Transit chassis again, just the older models. They go forever.

Badge(No Badge)

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Trevor S
Trevor Sbairnsdale

82000 km and needs new motor

Five years old, country 82000 kms, with no warning shudder shudder shudder engine gone, Ford quotes $10000.00 to fix, that's a bit of bad luck. What's the point in having something great to drive if it doesn't work.and work it is supposed to do, now it's off the road for as long as it takes, and I do my deliveries in a wheelbarrow?

Badge(No Badge)
BodyCab Chassis
Date PurchasedMar 2013

Wouldn’t buy another ford.

Badge350
WheelbaseMedium
Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Tony
TonyTolga

Not Happy Ford

I have enjoyed the two years of owning this vehicle. But at 70,000km, the clutch has gone including gear box. Ford Customer Fleet Care has not been helpful at all. I've been without my vehicle for 5 weeks and still waiting on parts. And with this being my work vehicle which I work out of every day, it becomes Very disturbing. I know we live in North Queensland but we do have Daily Air Freight Services. I would not recommend a Ford due to lack of service from Customer Care plus the fact of it's age and such major problems at such low Km.

Badge350L