FOXTEL

FOXTEL

1.4 from 1,812 reviews

See the Best Pay TV Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

AmandaC

AmandaCSydney, NSW

The absolute worst dont do it !

Jimmy G

Jimmy GSydney

Expensive , repetitive , full of ads

I have just cancelled Foxtel , never to return
It is very expensive for what you get - most channels are repeats of old TV series or second rate movies.
Despite the high charges , there are constant interruptions for all sorts of dodgy ads. Your money also funds SkyNews after dark - a sort of sheltered workshop for the crazy & the paranoid
Much better value is to get a subscription to Stan or Netflix etc & watch the great varieties on ABC iView or SBS on line.

T Morris

T MorrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible reception with satellite

We’ve had Foxtel on cable for 20 years but when we moved house we had to change to satellite. The picture is fantastic when the weather is perfect but if there’s any moisture around the picture and sound goes to terrible and non- existent. Also IQ4 only seems to be able to record one free to air channel at a time. I find this very annoying because recording my favourite free to air channels on Foxtel is one of the reasons I pay for this service. I’m certainly not happy with Foxtel at the moment

Jules

Jules

Movies

I mainly use Foxtel for the movie channel but for a while haven’t been happy with the variety. There’s way too many movies repeated day after day....mix it up Foxtel there’s heaps of movies out there. Not worth the money.

Shocking

No free upgrade from the bucket of crap version I have that they obviously know is a pure unadulterated crap show, can’t turn on after 8 presses of the on button , can’t load the guide before 8 clicks , anything before at the very least 8 clicks of your lucky is a waste of time ,

Janene j

Janene jSydney, NSW

Old repeats and doesn’t work in the rain

Very tired of seeing the same shows repeated for weeks on end. Glad they got Netflix but whenever there’s a bit of rain or a breeze it doesn’t work at all! Can’t even watch free to air!! AND they made us have the dish on the roof! Useless

Beck Y.

Beck Y.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Impossible to break up with Foxtel!

Josh wineti

Josh wineti

Not good customer service and recording

Had some trouble with recording and service. Last month, had to call up the centre hard to understand operator. Got this fixed on the day. This month same thing happens. Hard to understand operator, pretty much telling me next time this happens go online and follow instructions. Paying 100$ a month, not very impressed, researching better options now. Thinking to go to Kayo, 25$ A month as only use Foxtel for sports.

GKWSydney, NSW

Trivago ads

Please someone tell me why there are so many HOTEL TRIVAGO ADS on every channel on Foxtel. Every thing I watch the same horrible ad is on 3 times per program. I have to watch Netflix to get away from these repeated ads.

GKW

so many repetitive HOTEL TRIVAGO At least 3 time per program .Im so sick of seeing this ad,it is on every Foxtel channeL.Enough please.GKW

waste of money for a garbage service

they are garbage and if I could give minus 10 stars I would. A complete waste of money ,its for maybe old people who are not internet savvy but they are on the way out .

Sambo

SamboBrisbane

If I could give no stars I would

Not value for money

Unless you ate a sports fan foxtel no longer cuts it. With at least 5 other streaming services mostly pay per view or much lower monthly fee. Also do I have to have that damned IQ box? I got rid of it years ago.

I come back to reconsider Foxtel and see that they have not really understood the market. They have segmented it but you still end up paying for material you won't use.

It's not worth even $25, the minimum monthly subscription (and I salivate with excitement at the "add ons" I can have for even more money!). It's crap.

I'm amazed at the arrogance and lack of commercial acumen in Foxtel. Not to mention naivety. Not for me thank you.

It seems most reviewers agree with me or worse, have been burned.

Steve

SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Try and cancel this service! Absolutely disgraceful, needs an Ombudsman to rectify this shoddy practice

Wanted to cancel Foxtel as the package offered had become a complete waste. Three phones, the shortest duration was 45 minutes, bounced from one “assistant “ to another, all with the same repetitive questions, “why”, “can someone else take over your subscription “, etc. It would appear that Foxtel will actively try and prevent you cancelling your subscription.

Pathetic customer service

If you like to speak to customer service who are not in Australia and have a poor understanding of English then Foxtel is for you. Always consistent horrible customer service

Shane

ShaneSydney, NSW

Foxtel

Ric

Ric

Appalling Service and outdated technology

Customer for over 20 years. They charge me the highest rate. I have noticed monthly increases for same service.
To rub salt into my wounds they offered me the movie package free for 1 year only to start charging me for it immediately.
Soon to be an ex customer.

Munchie1923

Munchie1923Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Foxtel programming

New Year’s Day, one game of live sport on at a time, must be over 15 live American sport games going on at the moment and we get 1 live game at a time, not worth a penny we pay for, seems to be nothing but replays and adds, the only provider of live sport in this country and we get nothing, blood appalling, Foxtel need to provide its customers with better content, spend some money Foxtel and get us more live sport

Deb

DebGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

False Advertising

Just rang to take up the Foxtel offer of Broadband of $65 with no set up fees!
Took 8 phones calls to get thru to the right person only to be told there is a $300 set up fee! But wait it’s not Foxtel charging that, it is the NBN
Was told there is no NBN in my building which again is rubbish
False Advertising!
Would give a minus 5 if it was an option

Palmerston

PalmerstonNorthern Territory

Not worth the money

Not only poor overall service and equipment but the content has deteriorated over the years. When asked why we were leaving customer services insisted that there is plenty of quality programs. We’ll not bother with Foxtel again.

whiskey

whiskeySydney, NSW

20 years customer = nothing

Foxtel customer for 20 years, contract completed automatically charged highest rate.
Call to renew offered the worst rate ever. All customer service staff are in the Philippines and would not listen.
New customers offered huge discounts - loyalty = nothing.
Disconnected me before I even finished the phone call then demanded I returned boxes but would not refund me my balance for rest of month until next billing period.
Worst customer service