FOXTEL

FOXTEL

See the Best Cable & Satellite TV Providers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Foxtel? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees

THomas S
THomas SSydney

Bad customer service

Upgrading to IQ5 as trouble with iq4 box. Foxtel requires 24 hour notice to change appointment. Waited all day as installation was scheduled between 7am and 5 pm. No show. No message to tell me and when I enquired and finally got through was told maybe installer in isolation.
I am meant to be a diamond customer . Ha ha what does that mean ? You can be mucked around and fobbed off with the Covid excuse.
Why make an appointment and have it confirmed then get ghosted ?
Waste of a day and no courtesy

Liz
LizGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely worst service ever

It’s mind boggling that it can be this bad service. Please do not waist your time and shop elsewhere. So not worth it. Within first week of having it, the mysterious charges started appearing. And forget about getting someone to actually talk to you. Their business model is “hang up on them”.

Ajaxb
AjaxbPerth, WA

No stars absolutely useless

No service no help sent out a iq4 that is no good no apology no help 3 days of trying to get help nothing works best offer they won’t charge me for the days I have no service are they for real!!! Still no service or help

Bob

The pits

KLB
KLBGROVEDALE

Will never use again

Absolutely disgusting customer service. Rang to transfer my nbn and foxtel to our new address, they guaranteed me will be connected move in day, been trying to call for 4 days, not one person will give me any answers, customer service team very rude each time. Requested services be cancelled, kept getting passed around, will never use foxtel again.

Max G.
Max G.South East Queensland, QLD

Dont join foxtel

Leaving foxtel is the best thing I've ever done. The staff are rude and argumentative. No one wants to help you. Staff are ready to argue. Its heaven leaving foxtel. The owner pays no tax but gets funded by the government. Its every Australians duty to leave foxtel.

ARCHIE
ARCHIESydney Surrounds, NSW

Program Content

Dallas
DallasNortheast, VIC

Commercial overload

Fact, foxtel claim well less than 20% of a 1 hour program is commercials (claims 16%), this is very inaccurate as i watched and timed commercials (which didnt exist once when austar), the actually commercials ratio was 26% for late night programs.

Val
Val

awful customer service

absolutely no customer servie, My deceased husband and I were subscribers for well over 23 years. I rang and used website to try and upgrade my package...........4 weeks of phone calls and with over 1 hour wait times......no result. so I am cancelling my subsciption and would not recommend Foxtel unless you want to watch endless repeats of show 60 + years old in black and white. Phone options do not include upgrade.
Foxtel is the second worst company to deal with after Telstra. Caveat Emptor Buyer beware.

GratefulRuralFoodie
GratefulRuralFoodieCentral Queensland, QLD

A 20 year Customer treated like RUBBISH

We signed up TWENTY YEARS ago for Foxtel. Today we wanted to discuss packaging plans that had our specific channels in them. I asked for a link showing which channels were in which packages and they WOULD NOT PROVIDE ME WITH THIS simple link. I was on chat "hold" for 15 minutes. IT'S.NOT.THAT.HARD.PEOPLE.

Just another company happy to take our money but treat us like rubbish. This is another reason the economy is in the rubbish bin.

I would not advise getting them ever. I'd pay more for streaming if I wanted to.

Tejas B.
Tejas B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible! You're always better off without it.

The biggest issue I had with Foxtel is that in the on-demand section there are ads. Imagine paying for an expensive Netflix connection having about 2 mins of ads after a 20 min episode. The selection of content seems arbitrary as well. You'll see seasons 2,3,6, 8, etc. Secondly, if you try to call customer care be prepared to take a day off work just so that you can reach them. Then you have to speak to their voice assistant which never understands whatever you're trying to say. If you don't wanna take my word for try the risk-free Foxtel Now trial. I wasted too much time on this and caused heaps of unnecessary stress, learn from my mistake.

Mat Steel
Mat SteelQLD, 4509

Hopeless another Telstra

Cancelled our NBN and TV package as the NBN was useless buffer all the time well most of us know what a joke the NBN is, called waited on on the phone more than an hour to cancel sent equipment back but get charged another $113 again after being assured it was all finished. Back on the phone again 30 min going to different dept they will refund $75 for the internet part but tell me now I cancelled after the billing cycle, the first guy said they would refund $98 then different person said no $75 I said I am over it do what ever I am just glad to be free from you idiots, No wonder people are leaving Foxtel in droves so expensive dated old shows all the streaming services are killing them.

Nicholas
NicholasSydney, NSW

Foxtel go stopped working.

Foxtel go app has suddenly stopped working. I then called there Tech team in the Philippines they had no idea on how to fix there app issue. So I'm paying for a service that dosent work. Thanks Foxtel my complaint has been lodged with the https://www.tio.com.au/ / Should anyone else have the same issues please don't hesitate to contact the TIO about your complaint.

Rates and Fees

Steady deterioration over the years

This was once a marvellous service, with guaranteed quality documentaries over a very wide range of subjects. Sure, I love some of the comedy channels, and don’t care if I’m laughing at the same shows over and over again, but I like the “culture” stuff too, and it was incredibly disappointing, not to mention incomprehensible, to lose the Arts channel recently.

Tony H.
Tony H.asked

How to pair box and controller?? Please

George Williamsasked

Need to update Austar remote

George Williams

Need to update remote control

Heather
Heather

Sorry, George, I don't understand your question. I've been with Foxtel since 1995 when it began. I appreciate Foxtel took over Austar in 2010, but I've never had any of Austar's products, box or remote. The Foxtel technician told us the freezing we were experiencing with the IQ3 is a common issue with that particular box. Thanks

burnt handasked

Why are Foxtel so stupid when it comes to cancellation. Netflix cancel automatically on line. Foxtel movies are really good but I won’t sign up because if I want to cancel at any time it’s impossible.

GMV S.
GMV S.

Reason for this been that the employees can get fired if many customers cancel so they basically fighting for a right to keep their job its rediculous

Shane O.
Shane O.

Why hasn't something been done about all of these bad reviews......The company is stealing money from the poor plain and simple and nothing is being done about it....Someone in this Government of ours is in on it....It's an absolute disgrace that it's been going on for so long...Have a look at all of the reviews, all of the people that have been robbed and nothing is being done about it not one thing...Dirty Government that's what it is....GRUBS...

burnt hand

Foxtel is a great company and has excellent movies, documentaries, and sport. It’s the only channel that gives news coverage from different countries all around the world. That alone makes it worthwhile.
Foxtel fears viewers will cancel packages and alleviate this by making it hard for customers to cancel. In my opinion they should, like Netflix, and other channels, allow customers to cancel easily on line, that way viewers would realise they can cancel a package at the end of the month on line. They let you upgrade on line but won’t let you downgrade. I’ve cancelled Netflix a few times then at a later date sign up again. It’s so easy. As I said, I would like other Foxtel packages but do not want to go through a rigmarole of phoning etc if I want them removed.