4ALDI Push Mower

Doge
DogeNorth Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Fair Incentive Gardenline Push Mower

Amazing

i use this it is so good saves me alot of money from the fuel because it doesn't use fuel it works so perfectly Show details
Kevin B.
Kevin B.Illawarra, NSW8 posts

Found it. Love it

This review is probably irrelevant, now the mower has been discontinued. Someone was giving this away, I took it home, sharpenened the blades, made some adjustments and voile. It cuts better and is easier to use than my petrol mower. I use it all the time and it's lighter to push and less effort all round to use. I wish I had found push mowing earlier it's actually not that hard Show details
Reviewbloke1989
Reviewbloke1989Southwest, VIC17 posts
  Gardenline Push Mower

Always good in between mowing jobs to help keep the lawn in good clean cut shape

i remember when i bought mine back in 2016 from my local Australian Aldi in Victoria nearest to me and i have no idea why but in doing so well i saw it there on sale in the catalogue during the 10th month of October and from my view it,s a lovely way to keep your small area or courtyard lawn clean and tidy in between usage and cutting jobs and i found if you remove any obstructions like branch twigs rocks etc that are a mowing hazard as we know and will blunt the blades quickly but other than that enjoy the mowing routine the old school way that some of us grew up with during the old days from the 1960s and all onwards Show details
Dennis H.
Dennis H.8 posts

Sceptical, but impressed

I used this mower on my back yard for the first time. 220 square metres of level Buffalo lawn. By the time I got to mow it it was about 40 - 50mm long. On a couple of the thicker areas I had to back up and have a second go, but still, it didn't take much longer than with my Honda mower and did a comparable job. I don't use a catcher when I mow, so I can't comment on the Greenlines catcher. Although the handle is flimsy it didn't come apart like others have reported. I think a couple of diagonal braces would help alot. At $70 what do you have to lose? Show details ·  1
FocusFan
FocusFanSouthwest, VIC39 posts
kameleon872000
kameleon872000South Australia53 posts
FELIX AGIUS
FELIX AGIUS6 posts

Wheel issue

I do like the fact that it is much easier to use that a petrol mower. when my lawn was quit new it worked perfectly but as the grass grew and became much thicker the wheels started to slip and in turn does not turn the blades , due to this I have no option but to use my petrol mower even though I try and mow as often as possible, not sure if this is my unit or a common theme ?

Brian
BrianSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Handle Problems

The handle keeps coming off each time it is vertical, unable to use, very frustrating!!! Have other users sorted out how to keep the handle on the bolts without it coming loose. I even tried to assemble in reverse but to no avail. There must be a solution to keeping the lugs in the holes.

Sue
Sue

Terrible

Bought the Aldibhand mower also same problem with a he handle we did manage the put in for all of 10 mins

Resulting in it coming off in my hands I near fell because of it

I would of taken it back but tossed the docket out

In the shed in 2 pieces handle won't fit on

Stella D
Stella D2 posts
  Verified Gardenline Push Mower

Hand Push Mower Aldi

I bought the Hand Push Mower from Aldi. Got it home and there was no way that I could put the handle on! I rang the help line but they couldn't help, they said someone would get back to me. I'm still waiting. Waste of money. I am very disappointed.

Karen
KarenNowra13 posts
  Gardenline Push Mower

Quiet, no petrol fumes or use if electricity

Used it when first got it home, went to use it again, the handle has come off, any chance of any one letting me know how it goes back on, pity it has been discontinued, the price was brilliant, I would recommend this to all who ask about it, as it is a good machine, very good for the environment

Neb-Maat-Re
Neb-Maat-ReAU282 posts
  Gardenline Push Mower

Fantastic - No noise, no smell, just as quick as the petrol mower AND a better cut!

Bought one recently and very happy so far. It even tackled parts of the lawn that had gotten a little long. The cutting action of these mowers is more like scissors and gives a better cut than a petrol mower which pulls at the grass. I understand they have plastic gears which can wear out, but it has a 12 month warranty and at $40 the week after it was in the catalogue I'll be happy to get 12 months out of it. Very heartened to see another reviewer has gotten 6 years of of theirs!

I am already finding the stink of the neighbour's petrol mower annoying!

Show details ·  1

Grace
Grace5 posts
BethofAus
BethofAusBungendore3 posts
  Gardenline Push Mower

Perfect for people with small gardens

I took mine out of the box, put it together and it has been brilliant. Takes me about the same time to do my yard with this mower as it does with a conventional mower, as long as I mow regularly.

Cost me $50. A brilliant investment. Sits on the side of the step in my garage, ie, takes up no space.

Review number 2 talks about the air filter clogging up. Obviously this does not relate to THIS mower! We are talking about a person powered push mower here, not a fuel powered one with an air filter...
Cheap, good exercise, environmentally friendly, easy to store

Leanmaker
LeanmakerGeelong West

Wouldn't be without it

This has been fantastic. I've used it for about 6 years on our garden without fail. Sometimes hard in long thick grass, but with a bit of patience and effort it seems to keep going. However, yesterday the roller broke so i am desperately looking for a replacement. No point getting rid of the whole thing just for the want of a roller, anyone know where i can get one?
Light weight, easy to transport, good catcher
Some grass types cause a challenge, but with patience and effort it will cut everything