Garmin Nuvi 1490T

Garmin Nuvi 1490T

See the Best Handheld GPS Units in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good after service from Garmin

Harry Julitz

Harry JulitzAU

Garmin nuvi 1490

harrowAU

Go the Garmin!

Excellent, but with drawbacks

I'm a shuttle bus driver who had a cheap binnatone gps but upgraded to a garmin nuvi 1490t. I expected your unit to have bus lanes,taxi lanes, and airport[domestic] perth, western australia bus lanes. binnatone has, you don't.rendezvous hotel, scarborough 200 the esplanade, has been there 25 years, its entrance has always been on the west coast hwy.,your gps tries to take you to the esplanade at the back of the hotel, Binnatone takes you to the front. many times your gps tries to take you the long way not the shortest.
Excellent to see, easy to program, very accurate,

bonorossi

bonorossi

Great GPS as I need to go to multiple location for my work everyday. It has saved a lot of time.
Best GPS I've used. Functioin are great UI is very good. This is my first Garmin. I used Tom Tom before but will never again. Very clear display and GPS is very good. Does not drop out also Garmin CS is also very good.
Non so far.

charleegirl

charleegirlasked

Our garmin nuvi 1490t wont take charge from car or pc what problem...not so old second one had with problems...please advise had over a year used for a feew months?

born2fish
born2fish

Funny you should ask this question! Yesterday I purchased a new car charger. I kept my gps down near the dashboard , the cable near the gps was always getting bent. One of the small wires in the cable got broken and it no longer charged my gps. This is probably what happened to your's. I might attempt to solder the wire on the u/s adapter and see if it will work. A plain adapter is about $29 or a garmin with fm road update ability will cost you $39 dollars. Bring your gps into a shop that sells them ex. Dick Smiths or Archie Martins, they will put your gps on a car charger to let you know if it works. Suggest you keep your gps up higher so the plug going into your gps doesn't get bent.
Hope this helps.......born2fish

harrow

It should be charging while you're using it in your car. Ensure your 12 volt plug in point has power to it. When you are trying to charge it from your PC, try using a different power cord to charge it with.

Get an answer from our members and Garmin representatives

CategoryHandheld GPS Units