Garmin Swim Watch

Garmin Swim Watch

See the Best Heart Rate Monitors in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

JMA

JMARichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great watch for pool swims

Very accurate, has never missed a beat in 5yrs. Have changed the battery 4 or 5 times no problems. has drill mode so you can kick and do other drills keeping your swim speed separate.

Kerrin

KerrinPerth

Waste of money

On its second use in the pool, water got in, and it fell apart when I took it off at home. FAIL

Robert J

Robert JMelbourne

Does the job well

Been using mine most days for over four years, with two battery changes and haven't had any problems. It's easy to read under water and easy to pause if necessary. As another reviewer noted, it doesn't use GPS so if you get stopped in a traffic jam part way through a lap it'll record that as two laps (albeit pretty fast ones). But the overall time and stroke counts aren't affected so it's no big deal. It's sturdy enough not to mind the occasional brush with a lane rope, and the band is solid and secure with a proper buckle (unlike some devices on the market). The Garmin Connect website is much more comprehensive than a smartphone app.

Iain MacphersonNSW, 2283

Sad Ownership Experience

Built to last is garmins starap line

Which is a straight lie. Just over 2 years old. Stops working properly. Company response. Tough. Don't touch this product which works fine til it stops. A lot of money for something with such a low shelf life

deanothe entrance

great watch but.....

I have had my watch for 14months it's done the job perfectly but the battery needed replacing so took it to a watch repairer to get a new battery put in it stumped them as there are many seals they replaced the battery but would not water test the watch ,just be aware of this I will contact garmin on1800235822 and will get their advice

deano

Just an update on my swim watch the battery was replaced by a watch maker and no dramas since really happy with it and would recommend to others , There are other watches that can now tell you your distance if you are into long ocean swims

mkrd

mkrdPerth, WA

Awesome till you need to change the battery

I loved this unit till about 18 months later I needed to change the battery. I followed their instructions and even a youtube video, but short of siliconing the back plate back on, I couldn't get the seal perfect enough. So it filled with water and that was the end of it. So if you get this watch send it to the manufacture for a battery change when it goes, it will be costly, but cheaper than a new watch.

Michael_Jones

Michael_Jones

Good - but ...

Col

Colasked

Had my garmin swim watch for three years with no problems, just replaced the battery of the third time only to find the watch has stopped working only have a blank screen, can the watch be repaired or is it a replacement job. If so what watch should I get. I only need it for swimming but would something a watch that would give me heart rate monitor as well.

Stevefredtaylor
Stevefredtaylor

Too much choice out there. I'm currently using a tom tom multi sport which has a heart tracker. Don't think repairs a possibilty. They just told me buy a new one. Mine didn't last more than 18 months. As an aside just sold the ANT stick on ebay in GB It fetched £20

Iain Macpherson

The best value out there now is the MOOV ... available from AMAZON or from www.moov.cc for under $90 delivered. My daughter swears by hers (2+ years) and I have been using mine for 7 months. Comes with swimming coaching and measures individual swims to 90 minutes. I use it mine in general movement mode SIX days per week and it's good value. In saying that, I am very happy with it but am buying myself the new Apple Watch 4 for xmas.

Get an answer from our members and Garmin representatives