2.4

Laura

LauraBrisbane

Constant Harassment

ordered once. wine was fine. I've been getting harassed by them for 12 months with phone calls. I've asked 5 times for them to stop calling me, they keep calling.

Constant calls

The problem is not the wine, but the constant phone calls afterwards. Despite requesting each time to not call me again, they call me again. I was planning to order some more wine but the prospect of a new round of telephone calls has changed my mind.

JY

JYSydney, NSW

started at 2010, regularly purchase since 2017

Just dig out the email for my first GetWinesDirect order at 11/20/2010, Bravo!
However I only became a loyal customer since 2017.

At the first, I used to pick the mix with something $50+ and something $20-.
Later on, I almost always follow advice of the lady who call me on phone regularly, give me advice based on my favorite and never push high priced ones to me.

Now I normally get wines in range of $15 ~ $30, if I like a particular one, I will order another box.
So far I feel it is the range for best price-quality ratio for myself if choose right ones.

Watershed

Had the pleasure of visiting Watershed Cellar Door and Restaurant many times and have purchased and enjoyed the "Shades" range, I understand it's not a premium range and priced to sell but I can't remember it being so bad. the mixed package we ordered was almost undrinkable, we are using the red for cooking and the white as a spritz.

ALLAN
ALLAN

It took so long to get here I couldn't be bothered returning one case.

Althom

AlthomPerth, WA

Good Selection of Wines but Delivery Process is PAINFUL

Mario KAU

Terrible

I ordered 2 bottles of Rectied Spirit at $68 each and 2 bottles of Vodka, recieved 2 bottles of Vodka and only 1 Rectified Spirit. How you can pack 3 bottles instead of two bottles? Unacceptable

Mario K

Hi, Luckily they had camera installed at the store and review recording to find out they haven't put 1 bottle in. Additional bottle was send to us at later date. Thanks for your response.

Last Shiraz Order Was Perfect

Last order we did online with Get Wines Direct was superb, we got our hands on a shiraz which was 10/10, at a steal as well, will be ready to reorder once the last bottle of the pack is done!

Graham

GrahamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doubtful Marketing Tactics

headabovewaterSouth East Queensland, QLD

An excellent service but occasional communication issues

headabovewater

No worries! The last case was magnificent.

Larry

LarryMid North Coast, NSW

Annoying phone calls

I found their wines to be very mediocre and not particularly good value. However, the worst aspect of dealing with this company is the incessant phone calls they make to both my landline and mobile numbers. I'm sorry that I every purchased wines from this company as their marketing tactics are unconscionable.

PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Misleading

DO NOT DO business on the basis of Get Wines advertising .. go to the outlet and check for yourself or just give them a miss..
...I agree with the feeling expressed in the previous negative review as I was also mislead on the same $300 shiraz ! A mystery bottle .... appropriately named "F U Shiraz". Really ! I guess the joke was on me!

Paul

After tasting the FU I was very disappointed as outlined in the email I sent to your organisation .

Which vintage FU Shiraz sold for over $300 and by who.?

KJ

KJMid North Coast, NSW

False advertising!!!

As a online wine retailer Get Wines Direct have a duty to rate their wines for their customers without bias.
They recently offered a $300 bottle of wine if you purchased 12 bottles of lesser value from the same vineyard. Well I did. I should have had more common sense. The $300 bottle I would estimate to be in the $20 to $30 range,whats more the other dozen I bought left a lot to be desired. So I get an email "How did you enjoy your wines " 'write a review". So I did, complaining about the $300 bottle of wine and their false advertising. They replied " Your review is outside our guidelines and will not be published" or words to that effect.
In my opinion they falsely advertised the product.

Get Wines DirectGet Wines Direct

Always had great service from Get Wines Direct. Been a customer for a number of years now.

Our representative knows what suits our pallet and notifies us if something comes along. We are very keen on Shiraz and mainly South Australia Shiraz. Langhorne Creek never fails us! And the prices suit us! Great.

SER

SERLaunceston, TAS

Harassment

Have opted out of all marketing communications. Only bought off them once but get constant phone calls from spam numbers. Don't buy off this site unless you are happy to change your number and go into witness protection.

I will never go back

I have been coming here for years, enjoying great tasting experiences, always treated with respect by knowledgeable young gentleman who really understood wine, but also were able to engage in cordial conversations, service was always prompt. Today, 2 females were serving, waited 10 minutes for a first tasting, there was no engagement, the women looked busy, and when I served a 2nd tasting for my self ( had been there 25 minutes by then), one rebunked me, made me feel like garbage, really rude , so I left and vow to never go back, good thing is I will drink less wine from now on, and save money. The google image is incorrect, they have now ruined the interior, removed the barrels, and no more self directed wine tasting

Store LocationRIchmond

Find out how Get Wines Direct compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

They sell your phone number and harass you

Ever since I bought wine from them I've had harassing calls from them, but also from other spam companies so I know they have sold my number. I get multiple calls a day despite me telling them to take me off their register.

PeterJF

PeterJFLenah Valley

Always Pestering Me

Over the years have bought wine from this crowd,, but now they keep ringing me pestering for a wine order. This is despite me ticking NO Marketing.
I will never buy wine from them again.

Shopper

Shopper

Great customer service and wines!

Have been buying wines from Get Wines Direct for the past 20 years or more- always good service, delivery and wines. Favourite - Colonial Estate and Gotham - but all others I have bought great - no hangovers!

sahri

sahriCentral Queensland, QLD

Disgusting, relentless marketing that needs to be called out!

Peter M

Peter MSouth East Queensland, QLD

A great resource for people who live in the area.

Good ambience, good service, no pressure.
No argon preservation so wines can be a bit tired. They use a vacu-vin type seal but I’ve never been impressed with this system. If the level in the bottle is low, it may have been opened for a day or two.
Much variation in the wines on offer but you can usually find good wines at your favoured price point. Though the price points seem to increased over the years.
More bottle shops should get involved in wine education. It’s a very honest approach.

Store LocationRichmond, Victoria