GO MasterCard

GO MasterCard

See the Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Latitude Financial

Pros

• 0% interest for a set period with eligible partners

• Three repayment options to choose from

Cons

• $8.95 Monthly Fee when outstanding balance is greater than $10

• High rate once the interest-free period ends (22.74%)

• 3% International Transaction Fee

The GO Mastercard is offered by Latitude Finance and is designed for you to join when purchasing from stores like Harvey Norman, Michael Hill, or Bob Jane. The idea is for large purchases over $300 you sign up for an interest-free plan carried out through this card. There are three repayment plans to choose from when you sign up, but all of them incur the same ongoing $8.95 monthly account keeping fee if you have an oustanding balance greater than $10. Any amount still outstanding at the end of your interest-free period will be charged interest at the normal purchase rate of 22.74% p.a.

Interest Free Plan

• You need to make a minimum monthly payment.
  • This minimum will not pay off the total amount by the end of the interest-free period.
  • You can make extra payments at any time.
  • Plans start from 6 months.

Buy Now Pay Later Plan

• You are not required to make any repayments until the end date (although you can if you wish).
  • Plans start from 3 months.

Instalment Interest Free Plan

• These plans are only available during promotional periods.
  • You pay the same amount every month until your debt is paid off.
CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $1,000
Maximum Credit Limit $25,000
Minimum Repayments3%
Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Garmin Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate19.95% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%
Late Payment Fee$30
Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$4
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate25.90% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Introductory Offers

0% on Cash Advance for 1 - 60 months. The interest rate thereafter changes to 25.90% p.a.

Release dateJuly 2008

• Rates and Fees
  • Rewards
  • Online Experience
  • Application Process

onoo8711
onoo8711

Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced

Worst customer service I’ve ever experience
The representative named VINNIE was by far the worst I’ve ever encountered. He spent 15min trying to verify the account holder and kept repeating the same questions despite giving the answers. He was rude and would not allow me to escalate to his supervisor. He was not listening to anything I was saying. I will never recommend this company to anyone. I am still in shock as to how someone like this is still working there despite phone calls being recorded. Disgusting mate

RaageGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Customer Services!

The Apps is useless. Had issues logging in to my account on their web browser so I contacted their so called customer service. I felt like I was bothering the first two customer service consultants I spoke with (25mins later) and the third one (additional 20 minutes) did not seem to want to hear my query/issue. I fully paid off my balance on the spot as I wanted to avoid dealing with this company further. Do yourself a favour and avoid them at all cost.

Worst card ever. Interest free is a farce!

Does not provide what is advertised. Don’t trust this is an interest free option as charged interest anyway. Will never use this card or any associated card again. So very disappointed in the card and lack of customer service.

Bargainhunt3rIllawarra, NSW

Increase of Account Service Fee - Ridiculous Payment Fees - Unbelievable Buyers Protection Premiums

So now the Account Service Fee is $107.40 Yearly ($8.95 Month) For what ? Automation?
Ridiculous most Companies charge you a Fee to "PAY" your Account Excluding Direct Debit and Bank Transfer

Arnold Swartzenscnitzel
Arnold SwartzenscnitzelCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Interest free but fees and fees

Perfect to suck you in interest fee, they charge a fortune in fees that it much cheaper just to pay interest with a normal credit card, I got mine from Harvey Norman. I also found is so difficult to get the folks on the phone to adjust the payment to the higher purchase amounts on my card, because it was so expensive in fees I just paid the whole thing out. There's interest free and the fees and fees!

Kam
KamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very bad and a lot of hassle- Hidden fees

I have applied for this card just because it is interest-free, but if you work it out they will be getting at least around $500 on top of the original price of the product.
They have increased the monthly fee by 40% without warning!!! this is ridiculous when you were promised at the beginning when you open an account to pay a certain amount during your repayment period and all of a sudden you will get charged a significantly different amount.
Also, they make a lot of mistakes when calculating your monthly fees, I have reached them multiple times until I get really exhausted.
Keep away use other services.

Rey
ReyGold Coast

50% Increase in monthly fees without justification

Use the card for interest free period for 12 months. Initial monthly fees was $5.95/month plus $0.95 monthly payment handling fee. After a couple of months monthly fee was increased to $8.95. Typical bait and switch move. I do not recommend to anyone.

Rates and Fees

How to get in front of credit card debt with a credit card balance transfer.

Credit card balance transfers are becoming an increasingly popular way for people with growing credit card debts to manage their finances. But are they really a magic bullet? We're going to look at the ins and outs of credit balance transfers, so you can find the best way to manage credit card debt and get your finances back in the black.

Nathan S.12 Nov 2019

credit-card-awards-2020
vinay mittal
vinay mittalSydney, NSW

They are fraud

I shopped with Harvey Norman for a 12000 aud bed room suit just because they had a partnership with lattitude go for inter3st free finance for 5 years. I applied for a lattitudr go card with them. I earn 190k a year and submitted all the required proofs along with their fishy bankstatements.com.au site verification. I did not hear back from them for three days after numerous calls with them they informed my my application is having a "IT" Issue! I work in IT i asked him what the issue is but they couldnt tell me. Since the offer for gifts card was only till 17th June and i applied for this card on 12th had to cancel the application

Anonymous
AnonymousGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not worth it. Charge you additional fees

Latitude Go MasterCard is not worth applying for. We only applied as it was the only option to get the TV we wanted. There are so many options available that are more beneficial e.g. Zip Pay, Afterpay as for Latitude when it got approved, their interest fee increased straight away. They also charge you a high late fee. Their Website is hard to navigate. Some of the information is misleading like e.g. provide identification online or in store where as identification online is not an option. Terrible service.

Troy
TroyNorth Queensland, QLD

Convenient, and super easy to obtain

I have had this card for a number of years now, paying off a lot of stuff from our local Harvey Norman store. Couches, whitegoods, kitchen appliances etc.

Overall, the system works I guess. They charge you to make payments, as well as the monthly fees. Now, up until last April, the fees were $5.95 per month, which is fine. Without any warning, they increased the fees to $8.95.

Once I pay the current stuff off, I will be cancelling this card/service. I don't really need it, it was just more for the "Interest free", but in reality you are paying over 500$ in fees at the end of the term anyway.

Avoid

Thus company is deliberately misleading. I paid the balance of my credit card and they made it near imposssible to cancel the card. Please avoid signing up at all costs.

Mike
MikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Monthly account keeping fee SHOCK

I will not be using this card ever again unless they reduce their monthly account keeping fee. Why change it half way though my repayments plan? Looking for an alternative now.

Greg..S
Greg..SCalamvale

50% increase in account fees, indefensible.

50% increase in account fees, indefensible.
Record low interest rates and this mob increase fees.
Poor customer service and heaps of spam emails trying to entice further spending.
Another finance business engaging in unconscionable conduct.

Turbo
TurboMelbourne

Terrible fees

$9 per month in account keeping fees plus $1 every time you make a payment. There were no such charges originally. Used to be a good card, now it’s just ridiculous.

The worst credit card ever

This credit company is a scam you will never get ahead if you get one. The interest alone will kill you it took me four times on the phone with them to pay it off and close my account each time it was a different excuse for why they couldn’t close it. Worst customer service ever!!! I would have given 0 stars but that wasn’t an option.