GoPro Hero Session 4

See the Best Action Cameras in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great, but some small issues that can become big

I've had mine for a few years now and used it for all sorts of adventurous stuff - mountain/road biking, orienteering, spearfishing, surfing etc. It goes really well in these situations and gives great quality video and stills - I honestly can't notice much difference in picture quality between this and bigger/more expensive cameras (check out the coral reef stills). It is probably lower quality than the newer gopros though.
The issues I have with it is that the plastic housing is weak and broke on me at a really inconvenient time while I was kayaking (luckily I noticed and saved the camera from disappearing in the ocean). I bought a metal replacement housing and then the screws in it rusted shut, so I'm stuck with that now (at least its solid - that doesn't help with floatation devices though). The other issue is connectivity - basically, you have to connect this thing to your mobile to download vids and that can be a very painful experience (I had the same issues with this before installing the metal housing, so that hasn't made any difference). The wifi connection appears to be highly affected by interference and that results in the connection dropping out - not something you want to happen when a 10 min vid takes 30 mins to download.
Still, it was pretty cheap when I bought it and is probably moreso now. It definitely gives value for money.

Purchased in March 2017 for $400.00.

Great Camera for Action Sports

Great Camera, I used it for my dirt bike and mountain bike, crystal clear footage and photos with little wind noise and it also has aoutomatic camera stability. I would recommend this to anybody that does some sort of biking as it is small and compact, light and it is very stable.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Crystal clear video!!

I love this camera. I have attachments on my motorcycle and my helmet so when I go for a ride through the hills i can choose what I want to film. I've also taken it SUP boarding and snorkeling as well as snowboarding. Can not fault it. Plenty of space for all your videos with a 128gb card. So much better than using your phone. And did I mention it's waterproof straight out of the box!!!! No extra bulky case required. It's so compact, but delivers in spades.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

A complete waste of money

All I wanted to do was upload a video from the gopro app to a whatsapp account user and made it the hardest time of my life! I had to wait about an hour and 45 minutes just to wait for a 10 minute video to upload to whatsapp. Don't ever but this. Waste your money on something else!

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Nice and affordable sports camera

A great camera for the price as it has all of the features you typically would need, but much cheaper than the higher end Go Pros. Easy to set up and get running and a very tough camera.

My only knocks would be that when synched with your phone it piggy backs on the wi-fi, which means you always have to connect it- not as seamless as it could be.

Date PurchasedJan 2017