GoPro Hero7

GoPro Hero7

Black, White, Silver

See the Best Action Cameras in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

nick

nickGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor quality - Unreliable

After one year of light use, this camera cannot record properly. For a full charge, it records for about 5-10 minutes and then stop. On restart, it shows a message saying the file is repairing and turn off again. Restart again, the battery is down to 3%.
I plugged it to the PC for the whole night and the battery is still 3%.
On viewing the recorded clips, the image quality is terrible and frozen, only sound available.
I would not recommend this product.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $598.00.

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Great when it works, but far too unreliable

I've had the GoPro Hero7 for nearly a year now and it's been a frustrating experience. It fails more often than it works. It's extremely disappointing to take it out, if you're lucky you'll be able to actually shoot some footage without the camera locking up (only fix is to pull the battery), but there's an even chance you'll get back home and most of the footage will be gone.

I've had a few GoPro cameras over the years, this is my last.

Purchased in November 2018.

Kylie

KylieKatherine, NT

Great little camera

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $499.00.

Jonny

JonnySydney, NSW

Nice video but buggy

Purchased in November 2018 at JB Hi-Fi.

Sarina

SarinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Keeps freezing, battery tab came off and App keeps disconnecting from camera - after only 2 weeks and a software update!

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $499.00.

Jacob White

Jacob White

Cannot connect via Wifi on a laptop

Purchased in June 2019.

Jaap van der Velde

Jaap van der VeldeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best camera, with a terrible design problem

It's the best action camera out there. But to get it into a diving enclosure, you need to remove the lens cover, which is so incredibly tight that I ended up damaging the camera in an attempt to open it, even though I'd read the sites, watched the videos and read the 100's of forum posts asking about this problem. It's crippling and honestly shameful for a product with a history this long and a price this high.

Purchased in June 2019 at Amazon for $350.00.

Waltervp

WaltervpNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Most impressive results

Wow, what an enormous toy. Absolutely brilliant. My first gopro, I expected a steep learning curve, but it is a lot simpler than I had imagined and the results much better. A huge bonus is the software that is available online for editing etc. Still learning to use them properly. But 2 weeks into having the hero 7 I'm getting super footage to work with.
Love the hyperlapse and hypersmooth features, people think im a professional anyway!!

Purchased in May 2019 at Myers for $599.00.

Ksavshs

KsavshsSydney, NSW

Hypersmooth Hero

Always wanted to grab one hero which is smooth, topnotch build, waterproof, awesome video quality. You gonna love it. Picture quality is okay.
Hypersmooth functionality and slomo function is the fun to use. Very good

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $590.00.

L Ho

L HoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dusk White colour with the extra front screen like the Hero 7 Black

- aesthetically it's very clean with the dusk white but may look a little greyish white rather than powdery white as u see on the internet
- ultra smooth recording
- compatible accessories with older models so don't have to buy new ones
- Battery life seems to be less than hero 5 (my last gopro)

Purchased in April 2019 at Pushys for $499.99.

Rob

RobNew South Wales

Cheap build, dreadful recording quality, glitchy mobile app and a slow "30 day money back guarantee".

Purchased in April 2019 for $299.00.

howard gSydney, NSW

Great, but a serious learning curve lies in store for you.

Purchased in April 2019 at Camera store in Parramatta for $499.00.

naks

naksSydney

Crashes in cold, heat and anywhere in between

Purchased in January 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $550.00.

Dee

DeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Worth the wait

We waited until we got closer to our UK trip before buying this. The inbuilt gimble action is amazing. Took it for a drive in the ute on a corrugated dirt road, holding it and the picture was steady as a rock. So good. The only let down is the inbuilt mic so we will be buying an external mic. Also, to attach a mic you need to buy an adaptor which in the end could make it look like a messy setup with the extra plug in wires etc. Apparently there is a casing that is relatively cheap to buy which will encase the extra adaptor and wires so that's the next purchase. Not through gopro unfortunately. But we love it still.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $498.00.

Dalibor A

Dalibor A

Good camera but not a mostly focused on video

Initially we bought this camera for our trips to travel and take some selfies out and about. But the selfie functions are a little clunky and the hand held tripod isnt the best either, unless doing video. None the less a good product, but the battery life could also be far better.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $598.00.

Browny

BrownyWollongong

Great Camera, Expensive but Unmatched

Well featured action cam that produces awesome video. Since losing our Hero 4 Silver in the surf, my girlfriend and I have been very impressed with the video quality and stabilisation features on the Hero 7 Black. It’s a huge upgrade, and the black edition is the only one in the hero 7 line that has a replaceable battery (our one essential feature as battery life is still limited).

Date PurchasedNov 2018

KosmicKart18Coolum

Fantastic Camera!

Great little camera! Don't have a 4K TV so no need for the 4K options of higher end models. Super clear footage. LCD screen is really good quality as well! For a sub $300 GoPro, I am stoked with the quality and ease of use. App is fantastic and simple to use and edit videos. No vibrations, even when tackling rock gardens on downhill MTB trails. I'm not sure how the Hero 7 black can be any smoother than the white. Very very very happy!

Date PurchasedJan 2019
KosmicKart18

No battery drain once you turn wireless connections off and had no experience with it getting hot, or even warm, unlike other reviews.

armorasha

armorashaAdelaide SA

Worth buying!

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Rod

RodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Connection problems, drains battery fast, get too Hot

I always thought GoPro is a great product until I purchased the GoPro Black 7 two weeks ago, I noticed that I could not connected to the app, the battery drains so quick and it gets too hot to touch even when every single feature is turned off and the camera sitting on the table on standby.
, so I am getting rid of it and not buying GoPro anymore even my brother bought a GoPro 6 lasted three months with him and then he got rid of it because of issues.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Rik

RikWA, 6066

Loving the Hyper Smooth stabilisation on this one

Using their own processor allows GoPro to offer some pretty incredible options like internal stabilisation of normally shaky footage. Using their protune setting also allows you to capture incredible color detail and then do post processing to achieve the look you want. It also has a great slow motion ability to capture 1080 Full HD at 240 frames per second - which I use to achieve "drama" for childrens actions.

Highly recommended product.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

gazman

gazmanasked

After owing a gopro 7 black for some time now would you stick by your 5 star review?
Have any issues started with this camera?
Overheating? Connectivity issues? Anything you can think of?

Steve J.
Steve J.

Still 5 stars in my opinion. It is one of many cameras I own and each has a reason for use. I couldn't have it as just a single device but it can do things for me that a mobile phone can't do or that DSLR can't do. It has excellent stabilization, form factor, audio, portability, ruggedness and quality of output if I use it within the boundaries of its design. I just bought a DJI Osmo Pocket which actually produces slightly better quality video but doesn't have a wide angle like a GoPro which is important for my needs. They are both similar but different. If I had to own just one of them I would probably stick with the GoPro. The only thing I think the GoPro is sensitive about is micro sd cards so that needs some experimenting with. If 4K is needed then a proper spec card has to be used.

howard g

A lot of the issues, ( camera freezing & needing battery removal and restart, and camera overheating, ...may be due to using a cheap and slow sd card to record on. Why spend a lot of cash on the camera and then cripple its potential with a slow sd card to save maybe $50? Always buy the fastest card you can afford for this camera, ( ideally at least 60-90 mb/ sec WRITE speed. Play speed is not so important.) If you are trying to record 4k video with a cheap sd card, of course it will choke, and if you bang away for hours in 4k mode, it will overheat. Vast amounts of video data have to be handled and stored. Better to buy a very fast card with smaller capacity than a slow card with lots of capacity.
Also, save 4k recording for events that need it. Far easier to handle 1080p than 1440 or 4k, and the results will still be spectacular.

Get an answer from our members and GoPro representatives