Online, Retail Stores

2.3

4,236 reviews
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (91) · No (678)
  • Product Appearance As advertised (256) · Not as advertised (130)

Misleading advertising and refusal of return

Ordered a pair of Sonos One SL only to find out it does not work with wifi protocols of WPA2 Enterprise.
However when I try to return it and contact their now online chat "customer service" they say this is under "Change of mind" and re-stated their policy to me and down right refused to refund. On their website under specification it says it works with "wifi" but did not specify which type it does not work with. Interestingly the Apple Homepod on the other hand works perfectly with all kinds of wifi protocol. I am extremely disappointed by Harvey Norman and I will not be purchasing another product from this company. If you would like peace of mind knowing you have your purchase covered, I suggest you stay away from this retailer.

Disappointing Online Shopping

I ordered here on 23 Oct only because the page said delivery from 2 Nov. It turned out very annoying that there is no ETA after 4 weeks waiting. Who knows how long I have to wait. The product is still now being sold even though they know there is no stock at all.

Product PurchasedApple iPhone 12 Pro 128GB
Peterjudy

PeterjudyGippsland, VIC

Still waiting - appalling service

Ordered an outdoor setting 2 months ago. No date for delivery. It annoys me that they can hold your money for this long without letting us know what’s happening. I’ve emailed, and had a response that it’s been delayed.

Would give 0 stars if I could

Ajay

Ajay

Surprised and Shocked

Store LocationBlacktown

If I could give a lower score I would joke of a company don’t shop here or online

cjwilson

cjwilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling Customer Service - Do NOT use!!!!

All wanted was an update on the estimated delivery of an item which I bought and paid for in full online. I was given a total run around and it took forever for customer service to actually get back to me to say they could not give me an ETA.

Kate

KateGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rude - taking money and not getting the product

Store LocationPreston Victoria

twoofus

twoofusSydney

Never ever use them

Terrible customer service.
To contact them you send a message and they sometimes call you back within 24 hours.
When they did finally call they agreed to cancel and fully refund my order but then shipped the product 2 hours later. Unbelievable.
Harvey Norman Online are seriously damaging the brand name.

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Don't get someone else to pick up your click and collect item!

My wife went to our local HN with the email that was generated to me to pick up a click and collect order for our son.
They said it has to be me that picks it up, although she had clear evidence I had sent her the email.
Called the store, they said speak to customer service on messenger, 1.5 days later a response, then 45 mins on messenger to be told email a security team, now the response from the security team "we will respond in 48 hrs...no wonder people are buying online, so much easier than these prehistoric retailers who have no idea about the customer experience, never again

billiejoe1987

billiejoe1987Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Shoutout to Harvey Norman Erina

Anytime I have dealt with Harvey Norman Erina they have been fantastic and my latest example is no different. I've bought and returned 2 LG OLED's which have been faulty with screen issues and each time Harvey Norman without much fuss have organised a new TV to be delivered to me the next day.

Obviously these issues shouldn't happen at all (But this is LG's fault for a $4,000 TV not Harvey Norman's), but the fact the store treats the customer well and has their back is all you could ask for. I had a similar issue with a similarly priced TV 3 years ago at Bing Lee and received no help at all even from head office, so I appreciate good service when I get it.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Appalling Services - Order elsewhere

Vic

VicPerth, WA

Terrible Customer Support And Warranty

I bought a Beautyrest Naples queen mattress from Harvey Norman. She always emphasized on 10 Years warranty and if anything happened they will replace the mattress. The mattress started to dent after two weeks and when I asked them to take action they just referred me to the manufacturer. After 6 months communication manufacturer replied to me “This is a completely normal occurrence for your mattress”. I threw it out and just wanted to let other people know when purchasing a mattress from Harvey Norman you will not get any customer support in the future.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationHarvey Norman Cannington, WA
Itzik

ItzikGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I Wish I had red the Harvey Norman review before, they rightly Earned the 2.3 score as the worst store!

Store LocationMoorabbin Victoria

Paula

PaulaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Crap bed from Harvey Normon

Not happy we purchased a queen ensemble set prior to that we tried one in their Munno Para store when we got it home we set i t up lay on it and it was like laying on the ground hard as no refund because we lay on it

Store LocationMunno Parra South Aust
Lyn K.

Lyn K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great service at HN.

Great service and product knowledge from Michelle Famularo at Chirnside Park Harvey Norman.
We were buying a fridge.
Recommend the service

Store LocationChirnside Park

terrible communication and lack of empathy. Pathetic!

Upon purchasing a Berwick 3.5 seater over the phone, they ensured it would be delivered to my address on the 16th. I received a call 2 days prior to delivery informing me they were unable to deliver to my location as they had 'misheard' my address (even though the correct address was on my emailed receipt). There was no help at all offered in resolution of the issue at hand. The 'manager' said "so you we'll do a refund...?" Do not shop with harvey norman fyshwick online/over the phone. Terrible!

Warranty Claim MadeNo

My Launch Day PS5 got put on Back order until December!!!! I can’t believe this is happening

I am a gaming enthusiast and tried to pre order a PS5 through Harvey Norman did everything correctly, payment went through got to the day I was meant to pick it up and they said it was on back order until December.

They did not once contact me to tell me I was not a launch day order even though I paid a month in advance.

I cried because I was so upset.

Save yourself the time and stress and avoid Harvey Norman Online.

Product PurchasedSony PlayStation 5