Online, Retail Stores
2.3 from 3,973 reviews

2.3

3,973 reviews
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (64) · No (531)
  • Product Appearance As advertised (71%) · Not as advertised (29%)

Website shopping terrible

I am interested in purchasing a sofa I have seen only so asked questions on the Chat now. Response was they don’t chat about furniture. I can’t get to a store and there is no way to contact HN by phone. Couldn’t even get a price. HN make it very easy to shop elsewhere. Seems they do not really want online sales only want you to go into a store which given the current climate in Victoria is not possible. Will never try to purchase from them again.

Nadine

NadineNSW South Coast

Flat pack furniture now?

We purchased quite a few large furniture items when we moved into our newly built home. We have previously always purchased our big furniture and bigger electrical items there.
We were happy with most of our purchases except when it was delivered (for quite a large fee considering how much we spent!) the dining table and matching chairs were flat packed. We were never told Harvey Norman now does flat pack furniture - I could've gone elsewhere and paid half the price. Then the dining chairs all had uneven legs. These were replaced.
A bit disappointed in all.

Bhavin

BhavinSydney

Terrible Service from Harvey re. Hailebury sofa purchased

I bought the most expensive and firm black leather sofa that was available on display, noting i was looking for something that's appropriately firm. We've had it for less than a year and its completely deformed and sinks in. We complained and had some one come out who said that's normal. We've spent decent $ on the sofa and we can't use it, as it ends up with body pain. Extremely disappointing after paying so much, Harvey sold such low quality product. We had also bought extended warranty and they suggested that does not cover sinking it, covers just the leather. Worst experience possible

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationAuburn

Phoebe

PhoebeMid North Coast, NSW

Exzcellent Service

Port Macquarie Harvey Normans store - the electronics department is so efficient and helpful. I was served by Troy today and he is professional, very helpful, knows his product, speaks well and looks smart. The perfect salesman to have in the store.

Store LocationPort MaC
Glen

GlenHobart, TAS

Worst Service Ever

Accepts my order for an item that it seems is not stocked and two weeks later nothing received and no correspondence. Another four days of online chat with Harvey the bot to find that the order is still another week until it is scheduled for despatch. There is no telephone number for support and no email, just a choice of 'instant chat' apps where the bot always asks the same questions until you are referred to a 'specialist' where you could wait another couple of hours for a response.

Tracy M.

Tracy M.Mid North Coast, NSW

Better than previous experiences

The staff at Port Macquarie actually approach you and do help. They understood we weren’t ready for the delivery and were happy to hold. We had communicated clearly about this and they listened and helped. The salesman quoted us for a smaller outdoor setting when we asked for the quote on the larger piece setting which did not go down well as we would of bought the similar items cheaper from Amart.

Store LocationPort Macquarie

Good Laptop

Easy purchase, quick delivery easy to find on Harvey Norman online
Easy to set up. Quality is good, there is a lot of products available from the website, reasonably priced products.

siddhartha v.

siddhartha v.Sydney, NSW

Hidden Information

Store LocationCastle Hill
Product PurchasedArlo Pro 2 wireless cameras

Click and collect, what a joke..

Narelle A.

Narelle A.Mid North Coast, NSW

Australian made but Poor Quality

In early February I ordered a small wardrobe at Harvey Norman from an manufacturer in Newcastle thinking Australian made would be better quality than flat pack from China. What a disappointment! It took 4 months to arrive and was bubble wrapped and taped for delivery. When I unpacked it , it was chipped along the bottom and on the doors. The hanging rail was just a piece of curtain rod with 2 tiny plastic clips. Where it had been put together with those clips you find in flat packs, the laminate was cracked. These faults must have been seen by the manufacturer and ignored. What a piece of junk! Cost double what a similar wardrobe at Fantastic furniture was.

Store LocationTaree NSW

Never again

I bought a set of platform scales which arrived in good time. But they refused to work no matter what i tried. On contacting HN all i got was the mushroom treatment until i got sick of it all and gave up. Just remember Harvey Norman my memory is very good and i will spend the remainder of my life telling anybody who will listen Do not deal with HARVEY NORMAN . NC

yellowbeans

yellowbeansGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cannot return faulty item

Purchased a LIFEPROOF phone case. The rubber edge was coming off. I brought it back to the store for an exchange/refund. The store deemed it as wear and tear. The rubber band on the edge serves as functional, not decorative. Staff told me that they can process a warranty claim but unsure of results from LIFEPROOF - they may refund, they may dismiss. Also told me that the claims of higher value are more of a priority than a $60 phone case, and that it can take time, so I am better off contacting them myself. Another store was willing to refund. The franchise's do things under their discretion and there is no consistency in their policies.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationMelbourne, QV.
yellowbeans

yellowbeansGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Had to call about 1 Hour In-store Click and Collect after 2 days.

Did an online Click and Collect at midnight one night. Did not receive any notification to say they have received and processed my order. On the second day of waiting, I called the store. They processed it immediately. Not sure if they had noticed had I not called. Emails and text messages came in immediately to say the order was ready.

Wayne

WayneCentral Queensland, QLD

after sales service crap

Harvey Norman Gladstone QLD
lease a lap top on 3 year term after 12 Months went to close lid and 1 hinge
snapped off , took back to store showed them ,all was told is they do not handle
claims any more, even though they look at product gave me a number for lease company , which is useless as they won't answer call or respond to my email.
I even have 2 year warranty on product.

Wayne

Sail

SailSydney, NSW

ASUS UX462DA-AI016T

Great Product, the excellent performance of the Asus laptop we bought. The service provided at HN was excellent by the staff. The only issue we found is the Win 10 Home version.

Product PurchasedASUS Zenbook Flip UX462DA

Steve

Steve

HARVEY NORMAN & GoMasterCard Offer fpr 60 months.

Store LocationChadstone, VIC
Stephen W.

Stephen W.Sydney, NSW

Don't believe 30 min pick up not even an hours

Used the online service for the first time. What a joke . 2 hours later and me standing around .
Would have been easier to walk in and buy it. I won't bother again

Kirby Leeke

Kirby LeekeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Salesman

Store was well laid out, with plenty of products to sample/review. I went into the store to buy a different product, but the salesman showed me advantages of the alternative I actually did buy.

Store LocationMaroochydore
Product PurchasedAsus ZenBook

No like

No likeIllawarra, NSW

Boom Home Theatre Disaster!

Purchased a Boom Home Theatre Unit from Harvey Norman Warrawong. Customer service is good, but this expensive piece of furniture is the most poorly made garbage I’ve ever bought.
It takes about 12 hours to ensemble, which is fine, but not when pieces don’t line up. Cuts were made on the wrong sides where backing boards are meant to slide in, which meant we had to alter the boards to make them fit. There were pre-fabricated holes in the doors that weren’t supposed to be there?
For just under $2000 I did not expect kind of poor quality from Harvey Norman! I strongly recommend not to purchase this nightmare. Very disappointing.

Store LocationWarrawong
abie g.

abie g.Sydney, NSW

Great service customer focused salesperson Tahmi

Found the buying experience of laptop computer comfortable and very positive. Having been supplied by laptop by employer, Tahmi was patient, courteous, respectful, commercial and efficient. We bought the Ausus Zenbook and look forward to productive and trouble free use going forward.

Store LocationBondi Junction