Harvey Norman

Online, Retail Stores
2.3 from 4,111 reviews

2.3

4,111 reviews
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (73) · No (615)
  • Product Appearance As advertised (68%) · Not as advertised (32%)

Sands

SandsSydney, NSW

No Customer Service to back up online purchase

Ordered a product online and realised later they provided the incorrect product code and I tried to make contact. They offer email and Chat - Chat is a nightmare, the bot takes all your details and transfers to a 'specialist' thing is the specialist never appears, tried twice over two days and gave up. Sent two emails and nothing. Cancelled and requested a refund. Never again Harvey Norman

Carolyn

CarolynVictoria

Great service.

I ordered an electric blanket on Sunday, Monday afternoon it was delivered. With COVID and slow post I thought it would take a few days. I was very surprised and greatful that it arrived in such quick time.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Disappointed customer

So I ordered from Harvey Norman Online (laptop) and JB Hi-Fi (phone) the same night. JB Hi-Fi successfully delivered phone in two business days, HNO cancelled order 3 days after ordering and still appears as a pending transaction on my debit card. I used to work at Harvey Norman and held them in high esteem, but this experience is the worst online experience I have had in terms of respect for the customer. The major problem is the pending charge to the debit card that prevents customers from buying elsewhere, I have never had this issue before. I personally think communication and customer service is the issue that needs to be addressed.

Bad service

Megan

MeganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible service and customer support

No support and still no arrival of my purchase 3 weeks post ordering. When following up on this, offered no support what so ever. Will never shop here again. Go elsewhere.

Gabstar

GabstarSydney, NSW

Communication is disgusting

placed order online 28th August.
It stated in stock. Contacted Harvey Norman 5 times with not even an estimate arrival time.
Chat on lone with someone and never get back to you.
Asked for a refund and they stated 48hrs and 4 days later still have not received.
I understand the wlrld situation but lack of communication is unacceptable

Shello

ShelloSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Don’t buy software online - just go to the store to avoid delays

Ordered software online because I needed it quickly only to receive a message from HN saying that they are doing a security check on the payment (PayPal) and that would take up to 24 hrs - today they say another 48 hrs. CRANKY!

Chelseatwopoint0h

Chelseatwopoint0hSouth East Queensland, QLD

Install not done as agreed

Store LocationBundall Harvey Norman Queensland

Paid $2217. Order not accepted??!

As mentioned in the title, I made an online purchase ( $2217 ) for a television, I almost immediately was sent an email saying ‘after careful review, your order has not been accepted.’
Ok. If that’s the case, why take the money out of my account, just to then reject the purchase? As of writing this, I am still waiting for my refund and an answer as to ‘why’ my purchase was rejected? I’ve contacted them several times via email, and the abysmal chat option on their website but to no avail. Worst retailer ever.

Keeping them honest

Keeping them honestGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simply terrible

The item took weeks to arrive.

It arrived in a tattered, broken box that was held together by sticky tape. The product felt brittle from day one.

It worked for a few days, before breaking down. I can hear something rattling inside it.

I emailed Harvey Norman about the problem. The automated reply said I would get a response within 48 hours. More than a week later, still no response.

I then requested a call back online. Missed the call. They did not leave a return number and said they would call back instead. They never called.

Simply awful.

Paulina H

Paulina H

Worst online shopping experience In years

The Online store is very messy and congested not to mention very slow and inconvenient. I purchased a new laptop and paid only to get a notification a fedd we’d days later telling me there’s a wait on the product because it was sold out....... I asked for a refund as I wasn’t willing to wait and found the same one somewhere else. it literally took them weeks to refund my money. Never again

Lester Wilson

Lester WilsonMelbourne

Worst online purchase experience I have ever had

My online order was supposed to take a couple of days, once this time had passed and they were unable to tell me how much longer it would be, I asked for a refund, which they said would take 24 to 48 hours to process. I contacted them around 7 times over 3 weeks, each time they were very slow to respond and simply said a refund is being processed. I finally raised an issue through PayPal and after 4 weeks finally got a refund.

Ana

AnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Product sold not as described

Store LocationHoppers Crossing - Harvey Norman -
paul

paul

lounge poor quality

very poor quality leather lounge , would not help with the consumer guarantee regarding going out of shape, this lounge is manufactured in china,Harvey Norman expert said this is fair wear and tear. and that they would not repair or replace.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationHarvey Norman Castle Hill
Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

Excellent customer service

We recently did a bathroom Reno , and purchased all our products from Harvey Norman Penrith. Ryan Ely helped us with our selection , he had a sound knowledge , was very helpful in making our decision with what we bought.
Excellent in customer service ,we were very impressed with him. Thanks Ryan for helping us .

Store LocationPenrith

Ruth SerhanHunter Region, NSW

Lenova ideaPad S340-OP Computer with Microsoft Office

WARNING BEWARE WHEN PURCHASING a Lenova computer with Microsoft Office . I have returned this DEVICE THREE times for repair, its still not fixed. They blame Microsoft Office which was purchased through them, Word and Outlook CANNOT BE USED, they wont do anything about that despite us also having purchased "36 months Product Care Replace" Care No:PC-0103100947328. EXPIRY 29/04/2024.
Hopefully this is NOT THE END.

Store LocationBennetts Green Harvey Norman
Product PurchasedLenova ideaPad S340-OP Computer with Microsoft Office
Ruth Serhan

I have spoken to James the store manager and he is going to replace our computer and fix the problem . He couldn’t be more helpful.

Lied to me

Purchased an oven from harvey norman discount store and I asked why price reduce and was told only due to box damaged. When my installer installed we found a repair slip in the paperwork for the oven.

Linda M.South East Queensland, QLD

MacBook Pro and $549 dearer than Apple themselves

Linda M.

Love to see a comment from Harvey Norman here for my friend but guess they don't care what people say about them.

Mohit

MohitGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Harvey Norman is a robber

Product PurchasedPowerTrain Adjustable Dumbbell Pair 20kg
Darren J

Darren JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Lenovo Chromebook C340 - Buyer beware

I purchased two of these for my kids today via click and collect from harvery norman Maribyrnong. Opened the box and one had a smashed screen and body was bent. Took it back to the shop and they refused to exchange. They said because the box wasn't damaged it not their fault. They called back and said Lenovo wont give a refund either because they say every item checked before it leaves the production facility..... (not their fault they say)
They simply refuse to refund or exchange even when we called them minutes after being handed the box.

I had no choice but to buy another one and they said take the issue to the ACCC

What customer service that is!

Warranty Claim MadeYes