Harvey Norman

Harvey Norman

Online and Physical Store
2.4 from 3,400 reviews

See the Best Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Failure to cover warranty

Try to pass on warranty to manufacturer.
It is their responsibility as seller to honour warranties!
They are a disgrace and totally un-Australian.
I have not had a functional oven for nearly 6 months now.
Hopefully the words ACCC and legal action finally promote a response?
My advice is NEVER shop at Harvey Norman!

lack of customer service, follow up, knowledge

ordered product, waited a week followed up more than 10 times. no one knew whats going on and found out it was discontinued and to get it refund, i wasted more than 5 hours in total on waiting on calls, sending email.

I at least contacted them 25 times over the phone and email.

they do get back to you with false information or redirecting you to somewhere that you have to waste time on again.

please avoid this company

Michelle Electrical Chirnside Park

Michelle in electrical appliances at Chirnside Park was extremely helpful with choosing applicances for our kitchen she listened to what our needs were and showed us a few different appliances but without overwhelming us and Michelle gave us information on our chosen products to take home and read Also Michelle was generally excited to help us and we highly recommend Michelle and Harvey Norman at Chirnside Park

Store LocationHarvey Norman Chirnside Park

Vax vacuum cleaner - Pet pro

Bought Vax from Harvey Norman 2 Mths later the head stopped functioning. Went to store ( Broadmeadows ) they ordered new one after 2 weeks rang to see if had arrived. Not yet so they rang rep he said on the way.
1 more week goes by rang again and they said they will get back to me as they don't know where it is.
Very frustrating when under warranty. If i ordered a new one i think they would have it within the week.
I order from China and get within 4 days. Go figure

Store LocationHarvey Norman Broadmeadows

Abusive Castle Hill store manager

Dishonest and abusive store manager at Castle Hill. Went in today to have a product price matched as per their policy. The store manager MICHAEL refused by saying it was out of stock in the local EB; it wasn't. His own staff member then corrected him, yet he still refused. I wanted to note this down and kindly to speak to head office to clarify. He completely overreacted and took offence and threatened to trespass me and call the police. Not wanting to honour your policy is one thing, but to act like a manchild and bully a customer with rude and threatening behaviour shows someone who is simply not fit to be dealing with people, let alone managing them.

Store LocationCastle Hill

Promise one thing deliver another

They promise price matching. Except when you present them with the opposition price the response is 'we don't match online pricing like officeworks'

Then state that in your advertising you don't

Store LocationToowoomba

advertising $$$ wasted

why do you continue to support the despicable alan jones with your advt $$$$? will never step foot in a HN store again so long as you support him.

just purchased $6,500 lounge suite and did not give HN a sniff

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Delivery guys need to find a new job

Lazy and narrow minded.
I had a 2 seater, 3 seater and ottoman package delivered after 10 weeks of waiting. Delivery was arranged and the boys arrived in the am. Immediately they expressed concerns of getting the 3 seater into my house. I showed them a few options, nothing that was too difficult, but they came up with a multitude of excuses and reasons why they shouldn't bring the 3 seater in the house.
It's too long, there'll be damage to the house, damage to the plants alongside the house, fridge is in the way, furniture in the way, couch too heavy, you'll have to sign a damage waiver, blah blah blah.
Eventually I told them to bring in the smaller items and I'd sort the 3 seater out myself.
Turns out all the cushions and the chaise piece were all wrapped to the couch, no wonder it was heavy! They left, I removed all the excess pieces from the couch and within half an hour of them leaving, me and my 50kg son had the "oh so heavy" 3 seater inside. No damage to the house, fridge, furniture... Think outside the box and maybe sometimes, despite what your egotistical opinions tell you, the recipient does know what they're talking about.

Broadway customer service

A few weeks back I went to the broadway store to return a faulty item. I was particularly impressed with staff members Elliot, Michelle and Alison, who dealt with my case with professionalism and respect. They were courteous and helpful from the very beginning until the issue was finally resolved. Thank you again, we appreciate all your time and effort.

Store LocationBroadway

A good Sale item

I was looking to buy a Microwave oven. Found a good product on shelve. Using it for 04 months and have not noticed any abnormality .
This brand has layers of process which customers are asked to follow.

Store LocationAuburn
Product PurchasedMicrowave Oven

Disappointed with Leather sofa

Leather sofa has started to fall apart after 6 months. Stitching on arm rest fraying, reclining mechanism is broken. Found a better sofa for $600 cheaper to replace it. HN staff did not care - poor service.

Beware! for new customers

I bought sofa, took 5 months for delivery. Customer service is not professional. Lengthy process and now waiting for a warranty claim resolution for furniture used only for 5 months
Raised concern to head office, but literally, no one cares

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationAuburn

Worst experience - carpet

I would not recommend HN for carpets/flooring to anyone.
Bad experience all around from measuring the room incorrectly (David), to arriving at 5.45pm on a Friday night to lay the carpet (they said they would be there after 1pm - which I suppose they were - but really, 545pm!? I called 3 times to find out where they were and the time kept getting pushed back). Unhelpful at first in trying rectify the situation once carpet was too short. The final straw was a rude and bullying phone call, instead of a polite reminder about remaining payment (David).
Manny needs a good mention as being extremely helpful and knowing her job well as a sales rep. She sent me the apology I requested and I thank her for trying to help.
I will not be going back here for future carpets or flooring - Ever.

Store LocationMoore Park

AVOID AVOID AVOID!!

Only rated one star because I cant rate less. Communication abysmal, delivery lead time a constant moving target, no integrity, spoken to on the phone and in store like an idiot. Will never buy through harvey norman again, will recomend people avoid!!

Product Appearance As advertised

Love my bed

Harvey Norman staff were helpful, tried a few different ones before settling on the beauty rest medium. Super comfortable hate sleeping on anything else now .very well constructed and offers a lot of support for the head , shoulders , hips would but another

Worst experience ever

I had the worst experience ever with the shop, salesman named Thomas, and the staff named Daniel who declared himself as the manager. The salesman misguided and misleading us with the product that we ended up buying. We made complaint about the product because it’s not working properly as the salesman said it would be and they seemed very annoyed by it and they just said it works perfectly. The manager showed up and said it worked perfectly ACCORDING TO THE THEIR OPINION. He kept staring at us in a bullying way and asked us to take our product and leave. He even said ‘good luck with your coffee machine!’. What a terrible experience. No wonder the rating for the shop is so low. Seems like many customers experience the same thing.

Store LocationHarvey Norman Broadway

Pleasantly surprised

I wasn't expecting to be so happy after my visit to my local HN store. Excellent customer service, really friendly knowledgeable staff on the cash register. Well worth a visit..

One hour Click & Collect ... more like 10 days

Online purchase was a breeze... that's when the wind stopped. I had to constantly enquire where my item was. Ten days later and I MAY have it after the weekend. NOT IMPRESSED. No apology, no nothing. "Customer First" what a joke!

Prompt and easy to deal with

We have purchased numerous amounts of appliances from Harvey Norman and all products were in great condition. Install was a minimal fuss and after service for any issues occurred were dealt with asap. Highly recommended.

Product Appearance As advertised
Product PurchasedOven dishwasher dryer

Abused by delivery driver

Purchased Berwick sofa guy we deal with left and other sale person give us same price to buy it, from 4 weeks it took them 9 weeks to finally arrived on delivery day driver asked for extra money to take sofa upstairs to home in refusal driver abused my wife and threatened her luckily one of gentlemen confronted the deliver driver and told him leave and he took sofa back after receiving verbal abuse we decided not have sofa from that store
Store manger refused to cancel order no apology by store manager what he said want to cancel go ahead I will charge cancellation fees forced to have sofa very rude no professionalism and full of lies don’t ever buy from willey Park Harvey Norman you are paying to get abused by there Franchise Not returning to harvey norman and will recommend not buy atleast from willey Park store or pay to get abused,deal with rude Manger Mo Elmir and Harvey Norman will do nothing about it as it’s franchise not own store

Store LocationWilley Park

Who knows Why dont you contact Harvey Norman & ask thembelieve me i have on several occasions. actually even to my local store.But you said you would “never step foot in a HN store again” !? As you posted as ONLINE that means you will still buy online. Wow. As you know it is pointless whinging here as HN don’t respond. Good on you for writing to HN :)

It's bad enough you sell overpriced poor quality furniture, but why advertise with Allan Jones - women are you main customers and you are encouraging violence against women
So not a question but a Complaint that should have been directed to HNAsk Harvey norman

Is all Harvey Norman bedroom furniture complete for pick up or is it flat pack
Ask the store if you want the correct answerWhy ask here when you could ask HN directly

Harvey Norman OnlineHarvey Norman Furniture Physical StoreHarvey Norman Appliances Physical StoreHarvey Norman Electronics Physical Store
CategoryShops, Appliance Retailers, Online Shops, Electronics & Computing Shops and Furniture ShopsShops, Physical Shops and Furniture ShopsShops, Appliance Retailers and Physical ShopsShops, Physical Shops and Electronics & Computing Shops