HIDIVE

HIDIVE

1.0 from 1 review

See the Best Online Streaming Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Does not provide what it advertises.

I became aware of HIDIVE during the SUPANOVA Expo in Melbourne last month. It was a streaming service for anime claiming a vast catalog of anime and promising the uncensored versions of it.
This on top of them having available many shows that are not available on AnimeLab and Crunchyroll such as Made In Abyss drew us to sigh up and give it a go. We were also given a free month code to use from the booth.
After the expo had ended and we arrived home I followed the instructions on the coupon only to discover that it didn't work. No information as to why I just kept getting the regular sign up page without any free time. Seeing how I was interested in trying their service I signed up anyway.
I soon found that for whatever reason my web browser (Firefox) refused to play the Videos. The audio and subtitles came through fine but there was no video.
I looked for an app to play it on our console (PS3) but discovered that they do not have an app for our console (But their competitors do.)
Finally I installed the mobile phone app and was able to view the videos but then discovered that they are NOT providing the uncensored versions they claim to have as I own a copy of Monster Musume on BLU-RAY uncensored and can confirm that they are streaming the censored version.
All in All my experience with the service was abysmal and having access to more shows is useless to me if I cannot view them on anything other than my phone.

Update: It turns out HiDive does indeed have uncensored versions of thier streams but it is hidden under the languages setting that I cannot access in the phone app because it crashes the app. Their code had worked according to a reply from thier help team, I was just given no feedback that it worked and it would not go through without my credit card details. I’ve still not had any help fixing the pc player (that part of my help request seems to have been ignored) but have been able to get it working on a friends pc so it may not be a common problem. Still far from happy with the service so far.Their so called tech help takes around 7 days to respond with helpful suggestions like “Use a different web browser like Edge.”