Holden Astra BK

• Comfort
Jessica

JessicaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love my small car

Needed to trade in my old car (a very sad day.) This was for safety reasons. This car is for commuting to and from work and other personal use trips. The car is reliable and loves a long trip on the freeway. It has much more power than my previous small car. It's heavy and strong, unlike a lot of other small cars. Would highly recommend.

Philip

PhilipCroydon

First small car, fun to drive.

My Astra is a 2020 RS Black Edition.
Packed with features, this car is a delight to drive. Smooth, quiet, beautiful ride, and performance in the warm hatch category. I've driven most of the Astras competition which are very good, but this cars European roots certainly shine through. So glad to have purchased one of these cars at a fabulous end of Holden in Australia price. Having driven large cars all my life, I didn't want to downsize to a buzz box. The 1.6 litre turbo in this car is a little pocket rocket, I love it.

Purchased in March 2020.

Year2020
Claire

ClairePerth, WA

Renewed my joy of driving

Purchased in February 2020 for A$12,500.00.

My ownership experience

Purchased in June 2017.

R.V.

R.V.Sydney, NSW

Nice drive

Purchased new in April 2018 for just over 20 thou. for the R+.
Has done over 30,000 Kims now.
This car has been quite reliable and economical. Plenty of go in the 1.4 Ltd donk.
Has excellent handling and good onboard tech. Although the forward collision alert seems to come on at odd times. But very comfortable car to drive.
Well worth the purchase price.

Purchased in April 2018 at Suttons.

ASTRA PROBLEMS

I have had noting but problems with my BK Astra Has only done 25,000 klms. Water level topped up at every service, Blind spot mirrors warning coming on together, Vibration on gear changes ,Irregular gear changes, Red warning light keeps coming on for no reason. Evaporative solenoid replaced.
Never will I buy another Astra/ Holden

Purchased in June 2017 for A$29,000.00.

David J.

David J.Sydney, NSW

Back up service under warranty is disgusting

Our Astra with less than 60 000kms on the clock and still under new car warranty had an orange light pop up saying ESC on the dash. So I rang Col Crawford who were great. I got the car in straight away only to be told that the car needed pistons and rings. Not a problem, I understand that, but the problem is that it took me 4 phone calls, an hour of my time each time and threatening that my solicitor said to send them the bills for a hire car to finally get a replacement car while they try and find pistons which they have no time frame on. Be wary if you plan on buying a Holden.

Purchased in July 2018 at Col Crawford for A$14,500.00.

Sagar

Sagar

Good car but not without quality niggles

Have had a 2018 Astra R+ hatchback for under 2 years with 11k kms on the clock so far.

Pros- it’s a drives like a dream with excellent ride, handling with decent power and kit. Good value for money

Cons- very bad paint quality, chips very easily, almost as if they used crayons for paint.
Headlights are extremely inadequate out of the city or on dark unlit roads
The placement of the reverse camera and the resolution are causes for limited utility

Purchased in April 2018 at Holden Dealers.

Stan Z

Stan ZPerth, WA

Astra La Vista Baby

Purchased in March 2019 for A$16,985.00.

Ashleigh H

Ashleigh HThe Mallee, VIC

Great little run around

The Astra RSV is comfy, stylish and has great features. The Adaptive Cruise Control has failed numerous times and the Bendigo dealership was unable to detect the problem. The features are lacking compared to our Calais V - no front camera, no windscreen display projection and manual seat adjustments. Overall, a good car but getting faults fixed is proving to be a problem.

Purchased in December 2018 at Holden Dealers for A$30,000.00.

Excellent small car

We chose the Astra RSV 1.6 turbo
Terrific car for our small family and recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable performer.
It’s fuel economy around town with Aircon on is about 7L/100km and is quite easy to drive with minimal road noise.
Holden have completed the first two services so far without anything extra needing to be fixed.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Electreks P

Electreks PAU

Best car we've owned

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Rae

Rae

Astra must mean a Star.

My Astra Hatchback 2016 is one of a kind and I seriously rarely have seen another pass me. The sat nav is not great to use in a hurry. Twirling the dial back and forth and over and over for each letter is very tiresome. I end up using my Google Map app on my phone. Side vision is limited, but the electrics have not let me down more than once. Warranty covered that sad little affair. ( Whatever a broken front camera is, it stopped working)

BadgeLimited Edition
Date PurchasedJul 2016

A real surprise! Great value, comfortable and fun to drive

BadgeRsv

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Mary	Falconer

Mary FalconerRedondo Beach

Dream Car

Good for nothing. 5 weeks after I bought this car it broke down. That was one sure sign of it being a lemon. Test drive and yep, very impressed. Steering was so easy, seats comfy, spacious, all the bells and whistles except for inbuilt maps, but can get the current up-to-date maps from my mobile phone via usb cable, and that works great.

BodyCoupe
BadgeCD Classic
Engine Size2.0L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Luke

LukeSydney

Terrible

Second sign was when I took it for its first 6 monthly warranty service, and got told repairs would cost $880. ???
Apparently what needed to be replaced was not covered by the warranty. How convenient.
Somebody told me the Astra and the Holden Viva have same engine types. I will know to stay away from both in the future.
Please note: All the positive reviews you see, are written by Holden dealers. Customers will never have anything good to say about a Holden.

BadgeCD
Date PurchasedSep 2017
Ronnie D

Ronnie D

Dream Car

Oh wow, I so love my new Astra. Replaced my 2004 Astra, was so happy with the old car decided to stick with Astra. Looked at a few new ones, and fell in love with this sleek black 4 door hatch back, was a demo model. Test drive and yep, very impressed. Steering was so easy, seats comfy, spacious, all the bells and whistles except for inbuilt maps, but can get the current up-to-date maps from my mobile phone via usb cable, and that works great. Sensors here there and everywhere, so many features, still learning them. My son informed me the Sport setting/button works well. Real good on fuel consumption.

BadgeSRi Turbo
Engine Size2.0L Turbo Petrol
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedSep 2017
woodunn

woodunnSouthern and Hills, SA

Great low down grunt and good looking to boot

Good value top of the range hatch.
Plenty of power and smart traditional automatic.
Handles great around the Adelaide Hills and also on the open road.
Fantastic technology with DAB radio, Android Auto, Apple Carplay, self parking, heated seats..........
We found the seats in the R and RS too tight with the side bolsters however the RS-V with leather have a wider seat base and are very comfortable.
The lumbar support adjusts vertically and horizontally.
The only downside so far is it requires 95RON as a minimum.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
BP93

BP93Brisbane

Simplicity at its finest!

BadgeR
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Dee C.

Dee C.asked

BK (Hatchback) R Auto (2016-2020)

Does the r bk have parking assistance

Dee C.

Dee C.asked

BK (Hatchback) R Auto (2016-2020)

Does the r bk have auto warning lane and auto brake collision.

Amber C.asked

BK (Hatchback) R+ Auto (2016-2020)

Wondering what experience others have had with turnaround under warranty. Under 2 yo Astra r+ has so far had confirmed blown piston and cracked piston head - currently investigating whether its damaged the bore - to which Ive been told thisll mean a full engine replacement (26k on the engine!!). Im pushing for a courtesy car because Im stuck 30ks from the service centre with 3 kids and no car. while Im giving the dealer the chance to get things done (they havent finished their warranty process yet - but Ive been told their warranty lady goes on leave tomorrow) Im worried if I dont start to push Ill be stuffed for at least another week. Would appreciate some guidance on a way to expedite the process - no doubt Holden hasnt even had anything through from the dealer as yet.

J D C
J D C

Hi. Could we have a chat about the problem you experienced. Iv got the same fault and want to understand more about the particulars of your situation and what happened.

Amber C.

Hey! All the details are pretty much in my post. I ended up with no bore damage because I noticed the issue immediately with loss of power and the turbo fan kicking in. I will say though that a few months ago I got a recall letter noting the issues I described and I had to take it in for them to replace the oil with a different one. It was listed as a known issue under the recall. If you haven’t received this I’d contact Holden direct and get them involved before going any further. I dealt with Holden direct after being stuffed around by my dealership for a hire car - Holden had it sorted in half an hour after waiting almost two weeks for my dealership to tell me they didn’t have any. Holden is also struggling to keep a good name with the announcement they are ceasing servicing in 5 years. Nows the time to make demands - not sit back and wait for them to deliver on the warranty. Good luck

Amber C.

Should also say mine involved replacing the piston and I got my service that was due at the same time - they did that for free. Then my next service which was done last month involved the recall and the service.