Holden Astra

834 questions from our users

Wendy J.

Wendy J.asked

Astra AH (2004-2009)

How reliable are the engins

Pandie

They have Daiwoo engines.
See how they go.

Haley C.

Haley C.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

My speedometer is not working on my Holden Astra TS series 2004 what is the problem with it.

Michael R.asked

Astra AH (2004-2009)

Hi i have 2008 astra automatic and sometimes the car wont start until i tap the gear shift lever. When it dosent start the electrics come on, it just wont turn over. No warning light come either. Any ideas?

Pandie

The gear shift handle isn't quite closing the circuit to allow start. It's just a fraction of a millimetre out of alignment. Not worth fixing.
Just keep tapping it when it won't start.
No biggie.

Michael R.

Thanks mate. Sometimes it wint start at all and it takes 10 minutes of back n forth etc. I also want to get rid of it and not irritate the next owner.

Roy W.

Roy W.asked

Astra AH (2004-2009)

Hi, 2005 Holden Astra CD AH Automatic, seems to be try to take off in 3rd or 4th. I change it manually and it runs fine. Occasionally All the gear selection lights All light up when selecting gears . There are No noises or gear slip. It has derated a few times, won't go over 80 kph, and won't go over 30 kph. Shut it down for 10 minutes and it starts and runs fine again. Cheers Roy

Craig Smith

Craig Smithasked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

I wonder if anyone would know this. We have a TS Astra 1.8 2002 model. Is is possible to test the Throttle Body Sensor by measuring the resistance between the 8 pins in the socket? I would like to eliminate the throttle sensor before spending the money to get the ECU checked.

Peter W.asked

Astra AH (2004-2009)

I have a 07 wagon with transmission fluid in the radiator bottle people have said automatic transmission cooling system if so does the car have one and can I change it

What have people said?

Peter W.

People have said oil cooler, water pump, blocked thermostat.could be the problem

cumge t.

cumge t.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

I have a TS 2003 Astra 1.8 with starting problems. Winds over continuously. Had a mobile mechanic check it out and there's no fuel pumping through the lines at the engine or at the tank. So replaced fuel pump. No good. Same tests nil results. So then checked the fuel pump fuse which is intact. Being electronic I really have no idea what to do next. Any advice would be very helpful?

Maree D.

Maree D.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

holden astra TS 06/03 lost transponder chip fell out in water how to resent the new trandponder chip

Pandie

A locksmith would know how to reseat it.

Adrian t

Adrian tasked

Astra

Hey I have a 2004 Holden astra ah I was wondering if you can install baby seats in them if so how

steve t.

steve t.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Hi My daughter recently got her Ps and bought a Holden Astra TS 2000. It has very bad acceleration. What can we look at to see if we can resolve easily? Is there a common cause?
Secondly the gear wire has common off the nipple at the engine end. It wont start in Park but i can slide it back on and it does. Our mechanic says the wire needs to be replaced at cost of approx $500. is there a cheaper way to fix the nipple so dont need to replace whole wire?
Steve

Pandie

The gear wire sounds like you can improvise.
As for the bad acceleration, I'd say - Just a worn engine.

Anthony J.

Anthony J.asked

Astra

How do get a 2003 astra cdx out of limp mode. It is in limp mode and the indicators and lights aren't working and I have to change gears manually

Bue M.

Bue M.asked

Astra

My holden astra 2002 main problem is when I stop the car then put the car in parking but engine go high and low

Graeme M.

Graeme M.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Will a RF door from a '05 Astra fit a '08 model?

Graeme M.

Graeme M.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Can anyone advise me 'will a 2005 model Astra TS RF door fit a 2008 model Astra? Pl advise......

Adele P.asked

Astra

I have a 2003 Opel Astra, simultaneously threw codes P1700 and misfire on cylinder 1 2 and 3. Since I bought the car 6 months ago I changed out the coil pack and spark plugs previous to this, unsure what to do ‍*facepalm*

Adele P.

My neighbour tried to tell me it’s the fuel filter, then changed her mind and told me it might be the throttle body (throttle body got replaced under warranty as I had to send the car to a mechanic shortly after purchase) so I’m trying to get more reliable information if possible!

Mike S.

Mike S.asked

where can i find ecu fault codes for astra 2004 ts auto hatch cheerd

Luderick M

Luderick Masked

Astra

Hi, I have a 2002 Astra 1.8 and have an intermittent problem with the vehicle. As soon as the fuel gauge reaches the quarter mark the vehicle losses power and starts to jerk when I take a turn. This problem is solved when the tank is filled. I would appreciate some suggestions as to what could be the problem

Adam K

Adam Kasked

how do I fix the speedo on a 2003 holden astra

Kelly A.

Kelly A.asked

Astra AH (2004-2009)

Hi! I have a 2005 Holden Astra Convertible and I have somehow put a stop watch on on my display. I’m not sure how to change it again or how I even managed to do it. Any advice or info would be appreciated. TIA

Angelo C.

Angelo C.asked

BL (Sedan) LTZ (2017-2021)

Where do I find the negative battery terminal to disable it to store the car?