Holden Astra

785 questions from our users

bill

billasked

Astra AH (2004-2009)

When first turned on hazard lights come on and when turned off all dash lights come back on flatters battery

Geoff S

Geoff Sasked

Where is the immobiliser box on a 2002 2.2ltr man Holden astra

Brian
Brian

For the Astra TS 1.8 litre the immobiliser is located in the steering column. It is probably the same for the Astra TS with the 2.2 litre engine.

Mass R.

Mass R.asked

Hi there
I have a Holden Astra TS 2003 manual. the dashboard light stopped working as well as the alarm for leaving lights on, so some times I forget to turn the lights off and get out of the car. I was wondering if anyone has the solution for it?

Jamieson78

Jamieson78asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Hi i have got a 2005 Astra it tries to drive when i have foot on brake waiting for lights to change or at a stop sign if you put in neutral it seems to do the same sort of thing but maybe like a shudder is it the idling or ?? Thanks

Glenn S.

Glenn S.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

My digital screen is faulty can't see the whole letters an numbers y

Glenn S.

Glenn S.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

My ts Astra display screen the letter an number r faulty it's hard to read cos part of letters an numbers r missing

Siobhan Taylor

Siobhan Taylorasked

Astra

Hi how do l take my tbar gear stick head part off ,so l can put gaiter cover on? Any advice would be appreciated, Thankyou

Mark B.

Mark B.asked

Astra

Hi. My manual gearbox just threw a gear and blew a hole threw the bottom of gearbox.
Could you please tell me if the speedo goes into gearbox OR is it with drive shift.
Vin W0L0AHL4875063939

Shane M

Shane Masked

Astra AH (2004-2009)

Just bought a 2008 AH Twin-top convertible with 135k kms. Metallic black paint badly faded on bonnet, roof and boot. Seems ok though there is some wear&tear expected with a 12 year old car. All cars/models have their idiosyncrasies. Is there anything I need to watch out for?

Steve

Steveasked

Astra AH (2004-2009)

Hi have 2008 auto astra and it has started not using 4th gear and I have to change manually in first 3 gears and no 4th
Turn it off and start again and it fine for short while then does the same thing again
Has any one had this issue

Dee C.

Dee C.asked

BK (Hatchback) R Auto (2016-2020)

Does the r bk have parking assistance

Dee C.

Dee C.asked

BK (Hatchback) R Auto (2016-2020)

Does the r bk have auto warning lane and auto brake collision.

Selena B.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

I have a Astra 2000 CD Olympic Edition, Automatic. It gets hot really quickly, like in 20 kilometres, travelling at 60km/hr. A couple of times, I have come out of the shops, or wherever and when I went to start the car, it had ignition but wouldn't start. Therefore, I'm pursuming the starter motor and spark plugs are fine and wondered if it had anything to do with it getting hot. When I say hot, it goes to half way - 90 degrees. Any ideas would be helpful.

Dariodar
Dariodar

Temperatures of up to 93 degreese are absolutely normal...try to get the car scanned for error codes...you might have a problem with the coilpack spark plugs or something fuel related...probably the first one start to show symptoms of failure when engine get close to operating temperature

Holder

Holderasked

Astra

so i have had an auto electrician out to do a diagnostics test on my onboards computer and so far we suspect that it might be a short circuit from the the coil pack to the on board computer. however we have to test the pins to see if we have the appropriate voltage to find the correct wiring. my car is a holden Astra TS 2000 auto also so known as a Holden Opal CD with a ZX18E engine. any hints tips or tricks to find out what the proper voltage on each wire should be?

Vanessa F.

Does anybody know if the alternator from a 2002 Astra is the same as a 2003

brian b.

brian b.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

Does anyone know if the 2002 Astra alternator is the same as a 2003 Astra alternator

Isaac D.

Isaac D.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

I have a 2002 Holden Astra Bertone edition (convertible) with a z22se engine, and in stop/start traffic, my check engine light comes on.
I’ve checked my engine over for strange noises and I’ve found a sensor near my air filter is clicking. I believe it’s attached to the throttle control as when I detach it the engine rpm increases.

Any help would be amazing

Joan H.

Joan H.asked

Astra TS (1998-2005)

My temperature control fan keeps running after the motor is turned off and key is removed

Robbo

Robboasked

Astra AH (2004-2009)

Hi. Any advice appreciated and thanks in advance! 05 5dr manual CD hatch. Rear and front washers don't work but wiper motor tested fine on my work bench. Rear wiper doesn't work when driving forward with windscreen wipers operating, but works fine when reversing. Wipers stalk pulls out of steering column way too easy in my opinion, so even after cleaning and lightly scouring the contacts on the stalk im figuring theres a contact issue??? All fuses front and rear of car are fine also. Any ideas? Jets aren't blocked. Motor makes no noise no vibrations felt when pugged back into wiring loom and positioned in resovoir bottle.
Rob