Holden Combo

See the Best Vans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

NZTraveler

NZTravelerNew Zealand

Overall, vehicle rates OK for what it is.

Date PurchasedApr 2007

Love my 2006 model

I bought the vehicle second hand in 2009 on the Gold Coast and promptly drove it back to Gladstone. I've used this car to carry props to different venues. This is my everyday drive and I have driven from Gladstone Qld to Wollongong NSW seven times so far and this car hasn't skipped a beat. I service the vehicle every 8 months. Have added a reverse camera and updated the sound system and added mags to stop that skating feeling around bends. Had to replace wiper motor and starter motor. Biggest problem I have had is finding a brown snake sleeping on the motor. This car has more than paid for itself.

Date PurchasedAug 2009

Errol

ErrolBrisbane

OIL CONSUMPTION

Use my 2004 Como every day and when I bought it (Cheap) it had 240,000 ks on it and went through the 10-40 synthetic oil so I changed to 15-60 synthetic Nulon and it still used a fair bit so I changed to 20w 50 Nulon mineral and at this stage its hardly using any oil and runs smooother.

Date PurchasedSep 2004
Tim

Tim

Great car, cannot fault it.

It drives like a small car but has plenty of room. I have never had any issues with it mechanically. I have heard that 2007 onward they changed the engine & that is why there are so many bad reviews. Really good on fuel too, it is probably more efficient than my old Excel.

Date PurchasedFeb 2010

Patrickg

PatrickgNorth Wonthaggi, Victoria

Holden Combo XC

I have a 2007 Holden Combo, it was first my mums which she used on a rural mail run she bought the van to replace a 2003 Land Rover Defender 90 which was permanent 4x4 this little van went everywhere the Land Rover went without any problems. The van is abit low as a stock standard van but we had the springs and suspension raised so it's an extra inch higher. I am an apprentice plumber and I now use the van and I have only ever had to replace the gear selector that was the only issue I have ever had and I must say its the best car I have ever driven. I have also added 3 light bars, roof racks, reverse lights, and LED light strip around the back of the van and still have more things to do to it great car efficient on fuel and reliable.

Jamie the bee

Jamie the beeMelbourne

Drive the other brand vans and you will change your mind

osman

osmanSydney, NSW

terrible car

I bought 2007 model brand new holden combo.In first year fuel pump,petrol tank,computer gone and it took 2 weeks to fix them.Then in 55000 kms ,clutch,clutch cylinder,suspension all gone.After the mechanic fixed it ,it has never been like the original.This car was a [censored word removed]box.When i sold it , I became very happy men.Actually when i bought the car , i see a dent on the car, and showed the salesperson, he told me that when you come for service we will fix it for free, but when i went for service that salesperson left the company so Nobody beleived my story and they did not fix it.

Karen

Karengold coadt

No Parts in Australia

Evelyn

EvelynHamilton

I love mine.

After owning my Combo for 8 years it has only given me a very few minor problems, like when I put it into neutral to coast along to save petrol, the engine light sometimes goes on, and occasionally feels like it's only running on 3 cylinders. Once it cut out completely and we had to push it downhill to start it again.
It doesn't cost much to run and I can sleep diagonally in it ( I am rather short).
Poor ground clearance - very low.

the5wiglets

the5wiglets

Good

Also had water dripping inside cabin on my big toe. There is a drain from the air con that blocks up. The battery compartment fills with leaves and is difficult to clean out.

Overall I have been very happy with the car. Does what it is supposed to.
So cheap to run. Averaged 7.1 l/100km over 60 000km. Loaded. Good sound system, easy to drive, good storage. Adjustable seat height.
I am 6'3". Would like it if seat went back an extra inch.The visibility at low speed is woeful. Huge blind spots because of the pillars and mirrors. Have busted two tyres on traffic islands in car parks I could not see.Turning right across four lanes is a nightmare because of the visibility.

Phil MarinusBrisbane

from ford ute to holden combo

Have owned a 2001 ford ute with canopy for several years and have been happy with it. but all things come to an end..... fuel and maintenance were becoming an issue.... saw a combo at a holden dealership and thought it was worth a look..... carrying capacity was good... lots of room, can have 2 wheelie bins standing,, tool box,mower and more... paid $21000 on the road
Good Carrying capacity, very fuel efficient, easy parking... lots more room in my garage
Car seats are really poor... forklifts are more comfy.. air vents never really close... I really don't need freezing air blowing on my face at 4.a.m ..

Good

I have a 2004 Holden Combo and find it excellent to buying a 1 tonne van. It drives like a car and is much zipper than I thought. Very comfy inside for a van with carpeted interior. Probably needs another set of speakers to improve sound system. Plenty of room for stuff in the back and even fits 2 humans on a mattress! The worst thing is the massive blind spot when reversing (now I know why so many people have fitted a window in the side sliding door) Also has a massive windscreen and sun can be annoying even with sunshades down. Very cheap on fuel (about $45 to fill). Overall a great little van.
Easy to drive, very zippy, comfortable, cheap to run.
road noise (especially when empty) and blind spot