Holden Commodore VF

Holden Commodore VF

Sedan and Wagon

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

2015 SV6 Storm best buy for the $

Love this car. Best value car for the $. Economical .9 to 10 liters per 100 KLM around town. 6.4 to 7.5 highway driving. Perfect mechanically. Always serviced at Holden dealership. Powerful and beautiful premium Prussian Steel paint. Roomy. Would have liked full fold down rear seat and Hurrican mufflers but hey, this is a superb car and a keeper. Better than the new BMW, Turbo Falcon and Jag I used to drive. Buy one while you still can with low mileage. Cheers.

Purchased in January 2016 at Eagers Holden Brisbane for $35,000.00.

BoughtNew
Year2015

aussie_cameron

aussie_cameronCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love driving this car

Bought the VF Sportswagon back in Feb 2015, had to wait a few weeks as I wanted the 2015 model with additional features. Everyone who’s been in the car loves it. Lots of space, smooth, fairly quiet, leather interior, handles well and goes like the living Jesus when you want it too. Pretty good on juice does about 800klms to the 80 litre tank. Best car ever, will keep it for a while yet!

Purchased in February 2015 at Holden Dealers.

BoughtNew
Year2015

RonakMistry

RonakMistryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

this is one of the good car i am driving

it seem very spacious, 3.6 LPG is with great power, nice driving experience, it is very economical as it on LPG and i see my fuel expanse has gone down by 45% monthly. it did come with spare wheel. can not complain much. hope to use it for long time.

Purchased in April 2019 for $17,500.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2014
Amanda C

Amanda CIllawarra, NSW

Absolutely love this car, best purchase to date!

We drive this car for everyday driving and far travels, best car for road trips! The interior is perfect and the black edition is by far the best release of the SV6’s

Purchased in March 2019 at Holden Dealers for $24,990.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2016

S.G

S.GAdelaide

Wouldn’t dream of any other car.

I bought a beautiful red VF ssv redline about 2 years ago. Start of 2017. It caught my eye and every other vf that I looked at just didn’t appeal to me and I kept going back to the exact car that caught my eye from the moment I saw it. I knew it was the one! So I bought it. And it’s the best car I’ve ever owned in my life it was 2014 model. It had so much power I loved it! So immaculate and fancy inside and out, handles very very well and never ever found one problem with it. It may be a V8 but it’s still the perfect car for that ideal family who love style and class. It has the special car seat safety harness attachments inside the seats too so extra safe for a baby!

Engine Size6.0
TransmissionAuto with select shift sports automatic
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Jay

JayWellington

Comfortable large performance sedan with attitude when needed.

BadgeSS

BadgeSS V

GG1

GG1

Great v6

I have had about 11 cars in 18 years - all from different makers, from Hiunday to Ford, to Renault and Kia - all sports cars. My partner’s had Holdens before. I never did. I really enjoy driving my SW and forget there is a V6 under the bonnet. The dealership was pretty good too and not too pushy.

BadgeSS

Date PurchasedOct 2016
K A W

K A WNewcastle

Great Big Australian

I purchased the last of the Australian built SV6 Commodore Wagon. I love this car so much and still look forward to my 30min drive to work each day. The quality is excellent and the amount of tech astounded me. This car self parks (thought I wouldn’t use it but I do) auto headlights and great sound system and Sat nav. Such a shame we don’t build in Australia anymore. My last Aussie built car was a 1967 HR Premier i used back in the 70’s. On average its sitting on 9.4 L per 100km so not bad for a great big Australian.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Aidan

AidanMildura

Final Holden made in Aus!

Fantastic car! The last ever made in Australia and we are glad we bought one. Used daily for family travel this car provided comfort as well as luxury. Getting serviced every 6-8months is working well, still only on our first set of breaks but third set of tires, the down side to low profile tires.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Paulkit

Paulkit

Nice car with all bells and whistles

Bought our Holden Calais VF in 2016 from Brighton Holden., best decision we made. We have had a BMW and other cars but this one ticked all the boxes. It is powerful, spacious, latest tech, drives well, mileage is good too. My wife loves it's self parking function and the Bose speakers

BadgeCalais V
Date PurchasedApr 2016

Adam

AdamGeelong

Get what you pay for

Car drives well. Handling is good. Road noise is average. Interior doesn't differ too much from the ve and is starting to look a bit dated already. Bluetooth is a nice function. Econony is right on what you would expect. Overall the car is fine without being fantastic. Good value for money

BadgeEquipe

Warren

Warren

Very pleased

This is my seventh Holden and I have never had any problems with any of them. I bought it second hand one year old. Our family has owned many different makes and models and I rate this the the best car I have owned. It is quiet on the road, handles well and is comfortable. I use it mainly for long trips and it is surprisingly economical for a big car. Only thing I have had replaced was a broken dust seal around the latch on the tailgate and this was done under warranty. Capped servicing is reasonable compared with other cars I have compared it with. Pity it is the last of the rear drive Aussie cars.

BadgeCalais
Date PurchasedJul 2016

Jack Mehoff

Jack MehoffSydney

Great car, but few problems

Was a great car to buy brand new. Just a few finish problems, the unit under the passenger seat is loose and allows water in.
The passenger seat cover (standard) lifts at the base.
The MyLink is super buggy but can live with it.
Has plenty of room in all aspects, leg, boot and rear passenger.
Gearbox was way too soft.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Tom Seaford

Tom SeafordMelbourne

why is Lpg not popular any more

Just went back to owning a Commodore wagon. I had a Mitsubishi triton diesel for about 7 years, I got fed up with the running costs especially when diesel hit $1.59 a litre, service costs, and it needed a new set of injectors. (4-5 thousand) I bought an ex government Commodore Lpg wagon. Brilliant car, heaps of extras on the basic model, 650ks to a tank around town, I can almost drive to Sydney for a tank of gas, eat your heart out Tesla.

BadgeEvoke
Date PurchasedJun 2018

john

johnwollongong

Great to drive

The car great petrol wise around town poor going to head from to Melbourne 870 klm see how goes on fuel only got 1800 kilometers its the spitfire green color only problem you can't use the power it got my luck there be a cop around the corner my foot aches trying not press on peddle

Engine Size6.2
Date PurchasedDec 2017

Bruce

Bruce

Redline Ute SSV

Car sounds like a V8 should especially with a cat back exhaust. Very comfortable. Minimum maintenance. Extremely reliable. Manual shift easy to use. Gates don’t clunk. Fuel economy reasonable. Keeping its value and worth more than I paid for it. Good build quality. HUD very handy. Great touring vehicle on the freeway. Does 110km/h@1100rpm. Balance of factory warranty till 4/23.

BodyUte

Smiley

SmileyBrisbane

Very spacious

I absolutely love driving this car it is very nice leather interior which is easy to clean. It's a very spacious family car with plenty of space for the kids to seat without being very close to each other. I love all the compartments in the car. I absolutely love the sensor that comes on with automatic lighting and when you put the car into drive the doors automatically lock which is a safety thing. It's great on fuel especially long trips out on the highway.

BadgeSS Storm
Date PurchasedAug 2016

Dave

DaveMelbourne

OMG...WHAT a car!

Purchased a new VF Series 2 SSV Redline just over a month ago now when on 'special' and wow, what a car! No regrets except that is knows how to drink the fuel...but hey, the car makes up for its thirst with the most awesome sound from its V8 and infant by all its exceptional features and the way it drives.

Engine Size6.2 litre