Holden Commodore VF

Holden Commodore VF

Sedan and Wagon

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

2015 SV6 Storm best buy for the $

Love this car. Best value car for the $. Economical .9 to 10 liters per 100 KLM around town. 6.4 to 7.5 highway driving. Perfect mechanically. Always serviced at Holden dealership. Powerful and beautiful premium Prussian Steel paint. Roomy. Would have liked full fold down rear seat and Hurrican mufflers but hey, this is a superb car and a keeper. Better than the new BMW, Turbo Falcon and Jag I used to drive. Buy one while you still can with low mileage. Cheers.

Purchased in January 2016 at Eagers Holden Brisbane for $35,000.00.

BoughtNew
Year2015

Love driving this car

Bought the VF Sportswagon back in Feb 2015, had to wait a few weeks as I wanted the 2015 model with additional features. Everyone who’s been in the car loves it. Lots of space, smooth, fairly quiet, leather interior, handles well and goes like the living Jesus when you want it too. Pretty good on juice does about 800klms to the 80 litre tank. Best car ever, will keep it for a while yet!

Purchased in February 2015 at Holden Dealers.

BoughtNew
Year2015
Comfort

this is one of the good car i am driving

it seem very spacious, 3.6 LPG is with great power, nice driving experience, it is very economical as it on LPG and i see my fuel expanse has gone down by 45% monthly. it did come with spare wheel. can not complain much. hope to use it for long time.

Purchased in April 2019 for $17,500.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2014
Comfort

Absolutely love this car, best purchase to date!

We drive this car for everyday driving and far travels, best car for road trips! The interior is perfect and the black edition is by far the best release of the SV6’s

Purchased in March 2019 at Holden Dealers for $24,990.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2016
Comfort

Wouldn’t dream of any other car.

I bought a beautiful red VF ssv redline about 2 years ago. Start of 2017. It caught my eye and every other vf that I looked at just didn’t appeal to me and I kept going back to the exact car that caught my eye from the moment I saw it. I knew it was the one! So I bought it. And it’s the best car I’ve ever owned in my life it was 2014 model. It had so much power I loved it! So immaculate and fancy inside and out, handles very very well and never ever found one problem with it. It may be a V8 but it’s still the perfect car for that ideal family who love style and class. It has the special car seat safety harness attachments inside the seats too so extra safe for a baby!

Engine Size6.0
TransmissionAuto with select shift sports automatic
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Comfortable large performance sedan with attitude when needed.

I bought this car second hand, one year old. Very comfortable and spacious, with a cavernous 495 litre boot. I take it to work daily and always look forward to driving it. Putting your foot down, the engine comes to life and you get pushed back in your seat with all the torque- your fuel economy will plummet though as the 6.2 litre LS3 engine can gobble fuel when pushed. I average 8.5 litres/100km highway and 17 in town.

I get the car serviced once a year and so far have had no issues (just a year so far).

Very good fit and finish with no squeaks or rattles. Soft touch materials on some surfaces with a chunky, great feeling steering wheel and a snickety manual gear change. I love this vehicle- the only downside for me is the high fuel consumption when pushed.

BadgeSS
Engine Size6.2
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great car.... if it wasn't a lemon. BAD ELECTRICS

I've recently sold my 2014 Holden Commodore SSV sedan in an amazing Prussian Steel. It's probably one of the most heartbreaking things I've had to do. It's equivalent to a breakup in my opinion.

I'd bought it in January 2018 with 86,000kms on the odometer for $32,000 and traded it in last week on Friday with 102,000 for $18,000. It's not a very long time to have such a beautiful car. I hope the dealer I sold it to manages to fix it so no one else has to deal with the burden.

Over the duration of owning it had it's steering rack replaced (common occurrence) been serviced 2 times (at the times it needed service) had lube mobile come out 4 times($80 per callout) for an issue where it wouldn't start and have it at their workshop once to try their luck by replacing the fuel pump and battery (which didn't fix it) which cost me almost $800. Was advised it could be a series of things, only way to know is by doing them one at a time which would cost upwards of $5000 which I do not have the money for as I am and only me paying for myself and my partners food, rent, insurance for our cars, registration for our cars and fuel for our cars plus all other bills that people have. My partner is studying and drives to uni and my working hours means I can't borrow her car all the time. At the time of purchase we were in a better financial standing with her working. I had to get loans from my parents to pay for the "repairs" on this car. Holden wouldn't help because it was out of warranty and lube mobile were going to charge thousands to maybe fix it.

Just severely disappointed, my first ever car that I was proud to drive, just had to be a lemon.

BadgeSS V

Great v6

I have had about 11 cars in 18 years - all from different makers, from Hiunday to Ford, to Renault and Kia - all sports cars. My partner’s had Holdens before. I never did. I really enjoy driving my SW and forget there is a V6 under the bonnet. The dealership was pretty good too and not too pushy.

BadgeSS
Engine Size3.8
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best family car

I’ve had my 2013 vf for just over two years now and I love it! I have four kids and they’re is plenty of room for them ranging in ages 10years-2years old. I love all the features from remote start which is a life saver on hot days to cool the car down before we get in, comfortable seats which have multiple positions, the boot is huge it doesn’t look like it from the outside but it’s seriously huge. I’ve driven multiple long trips with my kids between qld/nsw with ease, everybody’s so comfortable so it makes it a breaze. It’s our everyday purpose car, school runs, shopping, sporting activities, it’s very reliable and the only thing I’ve had to replace is tyres and a battery! We picked ours up sv6 2013 for $19,000 and it’s the best $19k I’ve spent!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great Big Australian

I purchased the last of the Australian built SV6 Commodore Wagon. I love this car so much and still look forward to my 30min drive to work each day. The quality is excellent and the amount of tech astounded me. This car self parks (thought I wouldn’t use it but I do) auto headlights and great sound system and Sat nav. Such a shame we don’t build in Australia anymore. My last Aussie built car was a 1967 HR Premier i used back in the 70’s. On average its sitting on 9.4 L per 100km so not bad for a great big Australian.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Final Holden made in Aus!

Fantastic car! The last ever made in Australia and we are glad we bought one. Used daily for family travel this car provided comfort as well as luxury. Getting serviced every 6-8months is working well, still only on our first set of breaks but third set of tires, the down side to low profile tires.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Nice car with all bells and whistles

Bought our Holden Calais VF in 2016 from Brighton Holden., best decision we made. We have had a BMW and other cars but this one ticked all the boxes. It is powerful, spacious, latest tech, drives well, mileage is good too. My wife loves it's self parking function and the Bose speakers

BadgeCalais V
Date PurchasedApr 2016

Get what you pay for

Car drives well. Handling is good. Road noise is average. Interior doesn't differ too much from the ve and is starting to look a bit dated already. Bluetooth is a nice function. Econony is right on what you would expect. Overall the car is fine without being fantastic. Good value for money

BadgeEquipe

Very pleased

This is my seventh Holden and I have never had any problems with any of them. I bought it second hand one year old. Our family has owned many different makes and models and I rate this the the best car I have owned. It is quiet on the road, handles well and is comfortable. I use it mainly for long trips and it is surprisingly economical for a big car. Only thing I have had replaced was a broken dust seal around the latch on the tailgate and this was done under warranty. Capped servicing is reasonable compared with other cars I have compared it with. Pity it is the last of the rear drive Aussie cars.

BadgeCalais
Date PurchasedJul 2016

Great car, but few problems

Was a great car to buy brand new. Just a few finish problems, the unit under the passenger seat is loose and allows water in.
The passenger seat cover (standard) lifts at the base.
The MyLink is super buggy but can live with it.
Has plenty of room in all aspects, leg, boot and rear passenger.
Gearbox was way too soft.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

why is Lpg not popular any more

Just went back to owning a Commodore wagon. I had a Mitsubishi triton diesel for about 7 years, I got fed up with the running costs especially when diesel hit $1.59 a litre, service costs, and it needed a new set of injectors. (4-5 thousand) I bought an ex government Commodore Lpg wagon. Brilliant car, heaps of extras on the basic model, 650ks to a tank around town, I can almost drive to Sydney for a tank of gas, eat your heart out Tesla.

BadgeEvoke
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great to drive

The car great petrol wise around town poor going to head from to Melbourne 870 klm see how goes on fuel only got 1800 kilometers its the spitfire green color only problem you can't use the power it got my luck there be a cop around the corner my foot aches trying not press on peddle

Engine Size6.2
Date PurchasedDec 2017

Redline Ute SSV

Car sounds like a V8 should especially with a cat back exhaust. Very comfortable. Minimum maintenance. Extremely reliable. Manual shift easy to use. Gates don’t clunk. Fuel economy reasonable. Keeping its value and worth more than I paid for it. Good build quality. HUD very handy. Great touring vehicle on the freeway. Does 110km/h@1100rpm. Balance of factory warranty till 4/23.

BodyUte

Very spacious

I absolutely love driving this car it is very nice leather interior which is easy to clean. It's a very spacious family car with plenty of space for the kids to seat without being very close to each other. I love all the compartments in the car. I absolutely love the sensor that comes on with automatic lighting and when you put the car into drive the doors automatically lock which is a safety thing. It's great on fuel especially long trips out on the highway.

BadgeSS Storm
Date PurchasedAug 2016

OMG...WHAT a car!

Purchased a new VF Series 2 SSV Redline just over a month ago now when on 'special' and wow, what a car! No regrets except that is knows how to drink the fuel...but hey, the car makes up for its thirst with the most awesome sound from its V8 and infant by all its exceptional features and the way it drives.

Engine Size6.2 litre