Holden Commodore VF (2013-2017)

Holden Commodore VF (2013-2017)

Wouldn’t dream of any other car.

I bought a beautiful red VF ssv redline about 2 years ago. Start of 2017. It caught my eye and every other vf that I looked at just didn’t appeal to me and I kept going back to the exact car that caught my eye from the moment I saw it. I knew it was the one! So I bought it. And it’s the best car I’ve ever owned in my life it was 2014 model. It had so much power I loved it! So immaculate and fancy inside and out, handles very very well and never ever found one problem with it. It may be a V8 but it’s still the perfect car for that ideal family who love style and class. It has the special car seat safety harness attachments inside the seats too so extra safe for a baby!

Engine Size6.0
TransmissionAuto with select shift sports automatic
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Comfortable large performance sedan with attitude when needed.

I bought this car second hand, one year old. Very comfortable and spacious, with a cavernous 495 litre boot. I take it to work daily and always look forward to driving it. Putting your foot down, the engine comes to life and you get pushed back in your seat with all the torque- your fuel economy will plummet though as the 6.2 litre LS3 engine can gobble fuel when pushed. I average 8.5 litres/100km highway and 17 in town.

I get the car serviced once a year and so far have had no issues (just a year so far).

Very good fit and finish with no squeaks or rattles. Soft touch materials on some surfaces with a chunky, great feeling steering wheel and a snickety manual gear change. I love this vehicle- the only downside for me is the high fuel consumption when pushed.

BadgeSS
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great car.... if it wasn't a lemon. BAD ELECTRICS

I've recently sold my 2014 Holden Commodore SSV sedan in an amazing Prussian Steel. It's probably one of the most heartbreaking things I've had to do. It's equivalent to a breakup in my opinion.

I'd bought it in January 2018 with 86,000kms on the odometer for $32,000 and traded it in last week on Friday with 102,000 for $18,000. It's not a very long time to have such a beautiful car. I hope the dealer I sold it to manages to fix it so no one else has to deal with the burden.

Over the duration of owning it had it's steering rack replaced (common occurrence) been serviced 2 times (at the times it needed service) had lube mobile come out 4 times($80 per callout) for an issue where it wouldn't start and have it at their workshop once to try their luck by replacing the fuel pump and battery (which didn't fix it) which cost me almost $800. Was advised it could be a series of things, only way to know is by doing them one at a time which would cost upwards of $5000 which I do not have the money for as I am and only me paying for myself and my partners food, rent, insurance for our cars, registration for our cars and fuel for our cars plus all other bills that people have. My partner is studying and drives to uni and my working hours means I can't borrow her car all the time. At the time of purchase we were in a better financial standing with her working. I had to get loans from my parents to pay for the "repairs" on this car. Holden wouldn't help because it was out of warranty and lube mobile were going to charge thousands to maybe fix it.

Just severely disappointed, my first ever car that I was proud to drive, just had to be a lemon.

BadgeSS V

Great v6

I have had about 11 cars in 18 years - all from different makers, from Hiunday to Ford, to Renault and Kia - all sports cars. My partner’s had Holdens before. I never did. I really enjoy driving my SW and forget there is a V6 under the bonnet. The dealership was pretty good too and not too pushy.

BadgeSS
Engine Size3.8
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best family car

I’ve had my 2013 vf for just over two years now and I love it! I have four kids and they’re is plenty of room for them ranging in ages 10years-2years old. I love all the features from remote start which is a life saver on hot days to cool the car down before we get in, comfortable seats which have multiple positions, the boot is huge it doesn’t look like it from the outside but it’s seriously huge. I’ve driven multiple long trips with my kids between qld/nsw with ease, everybody’s so comfortable so it makes it a breaze. It’s our everyday purpose car, school runs, shopping, sporting activities, it’s very reliable and the only thing I’ve had to replace is tyres and a battery! We picked ours up sv6 2013 for $19,000 and it’s the best $19k I’ve spent!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great Big Australian

I purchased the last of the Australian built SV6 Commodore Wagon. I love this car so much and still look forward to my 30min drive to work each day. The quality is excellent and the amount of tech astounded me. This car self parks (thought I wouldn’t use it but I do) auto headlights and great sound system and Sat nav. Such a shame we don’t build in Australia anymore. My last Aussie built car was a 1967 HR Premier i used back in the 70’s. On average its sitting on 9.4 L per 100km so not bad for a great big Australian.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Final Holden made in Aus!

Fantastic car! The last ever made in Australia and we are glad we bought one. Used daily for family travel this car provided comfort as well as luxury. Getting serviced every 6-8months is working well, still only on our first set of breaks but third set of tires, the down side to low profile tires.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Nice car with all bells and whistles

Bought our Holden Calais VF in 2016 from Brighton Holden., best decision we made. We have had a BMW and other cars but this one ticked all the boxes. It is powerful, spacious, latest tech, drives well, mileage is good too. My wife loves it's self parking function and the Bose speakers

BadgeCalais V
Date PurchasedApr 2016

Get what you pay for

Car drives well. Handling is good. Road noise is average. Interior doesn't differ too much from the ve and is starting to look a bit dated already. Bluetooth is a nice function. Econony is right on what you would expect. Overall the car is fine without being fantastic. Good value for money

BadgeEquipe

Very pleased

This is my seventh Holden and I have never had any problems with any of them. I bought it second hand one year old. Our family has owned many different makes and models and I rate this the the best car I have owned. It is quiet on the road, handles well and is comfortable. I use it mainly for long trips and it is surprisingly economical for a big car. Only thing I have had replaced was a broken dust seal around the latch on the tailgate and this was done under warranty. Capped servicing is reasonable compared with other cars I have compared it with. Pity it is the last of the rear drive Aussie cars.

BadgeCalais
Date PurchasedJul 2016

Great car, but few problems

Was a great car to buy brand new. Just a few finish problems, the unit under the passenger seat is loose and allows water in.
The passenger seat cover (standard) lifts at the base.
The MyLink is super buggy but can live with it.
Has plenty of room in all aspects, leg, boot and rear passenger.
Gearbox was way too soft.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

why is Lpg not popular any more

Just went back to owning a Commodore wagon. I had a Mitsubishi triton diesel for about 7 years, I got fed up with the running costs especially when diesel hit $1.59 a litre, service costs, and it needed a new set of injectors. (4-5 thousand) I bought an ex government Commodore Lpg wagon. Brilliant car, heaps of extras on the basic model, 650ks to a tank around town, I can almost drive to Sydney for a tank of gas, eat your heart out Tesla.

BadgeEvoke
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great to drive

The car great petrol wise around town poor going to head from to Melbourne 870 klm see how goes on fuel only got 1800 kilometers its the spitfire green color only problem you can't use the power it got my luck there be a cop around the corner my foot aches trying not press on peddle

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Redline Ute SSV

Car sounds like a V8 should especially with a cat back exhaust. Very comfortable. Minimum maintenance. Extremely reliable. Manual shift easy to use. Gates don’t clunk. Fuel economy reasonable. Keeping its value and worth more than I paid for it. Good build quality. HUD very handy. Great touring vehicle on the freeway. Does 110km/h@1100rpm. Balance of factory warranty till 4/23.

BodyUte

Very spacious

I absolutely love driving this car it is very nice leather interior which is easy to clean. It's a very spacious family car with plenty of space for the kids to seat without being very close to each other. I love all the compartments in the car. I absolutely love the sensor that comes on with automatic lighting and when you put the car into drive the doors automatically lock which is a safety thing. It's great on fuel especially long trips out on the highway.

BadgeSS Storm
Date PurchasedAug 2016

OMG...WHAT a car!

Purchased a new VF Series 2 SSV Redline just over a month ago now when on 'special' and wow, what a car! No regrets except that is knows how to drink the fuel...but hey, the car makes up for its thirst with the most awesome sound from its V8 and infant by all its exceptional features and the way it drives.

Engine Size6.2 litre
Date PurchasedMar 2018

SSV LS3

The Holden VF is the best car delivered by GMH Australia. The SSV Redline is an exceptional car with style and elegance and power to boot. From the 6.2 ltr manual to the style and comfort. The Bose system, heads up display and all the safety features, flawless for sure. One to keep!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Cat.k

It has been the worst and the most terrible and exhausting experience that I have had to endure the last year and only because I decided to buy a "HOLDEN." Purchasing a "HOLDEN" vehicle has been the biggest mistake and the worst decision that I have ever made in my entire life. The interior is poor quality. I was told that using body moisturiser can effect the lining of the car. The consule lid that had a defect in my vehicle was replaced once and within two weeks the same thing happened. I am still waiting from Head Office as to whether that statement is true or false about using body lotion. I couldn't believe that in a message their response was we will find out the answer to that question, surprisingly enough I am still waiting...
The so called technical and customer support manager who assessed my car and also damaged my car in the process and stated in a report that it was "elbow lean", that caused that defect, even when it happened the second time when they replaced the lid consule it's still in his opinion "elbow lean". Is it the moisturiser or the elbow lean? He didn't even know that this model isn't designed with mud flaps when he scraped my car.
Holden still deny the smell in the air conditioner and they keep reminding me that out of "good will" they have replaced the air conditioner, because their classic rehearsed lines and response is that it's not covered under the warranty. The Bluetooth that they damaged and they had to replace after taking my car apart that was aswell out of "good will". The cabin filter they installed was out of "good will" too. Even if they claim there was never a smell detected by them.
Let's not forget the consule but there is no "good will" left because the second time round it's "elbow lean".
Holden should create a new title for extended warranty
"Good Will Warranty".
The noise coming from the dashboard they have created because they replaced the air conditioner is only in my imagination, let's not forget the smell coming from the air conditioner. I had a 10 year old child who got in my car one day that had no idea about the situation and his words were to me "something smells". Maybe that's in my imagination as well.
Holden no wonder your sales have declined the way you treat your customers and the cars you produce is not what you used to do in the past. It's a such a shame. All I have to say is good luck to whoever buys a HOLDEN. If you are faced with problems my heart goes out to you and I hope you have a lot of time and energy to fight it. It's not just about the car problems when you buy a Holden it's how you get treated as well. To the people who own a Holden and have no issues I envy you and I hope it continues that way for your sake. Just visit the Holden face book or any Holden web site and the amount of complaints and issues that more consumers are facing outnumbers the good feedback. If I only knew this before I purchased a Lemon of a Holden.
We have always bought HOLDEN but never experienced anything like this before.
Just a recap, I purchased a BRAND NEW HOLDEN that I really loved. A few months down the track a smell from the Air Conditioner was coming through the vents. I did the research to send them how they could possibly fix the problem. Unfortunately two weeks down the track the same thing happened the smell came back to haunt me!!! Holden tried something else pulling my dashboard apart, even after raising my concerns if they were going to do that because it a BRAND NEW CAR this should not happen. I was assured in emails that it will be fine.
Sure enough the Bluetooth had to be replaced and now I have a noise coming from the dashboard that they deny exists. The lid of the consule was replaced the same fault appeared after two weeks. Mind you I have an email stating that the lid was taken out of another car on the lot to put in my car because they didn't want to inconvenience me anymore. That made me laugh !!!! "INCONVENIENCE"me do they know the meaning of that word?
I got my car assessed from Holdens own expert and what did he do? He damaged my vehicle. Luckily I was there to witness it. They can not deny that. Through the whole process I have dealt with the owner, the machanic a number of people from customer service, the operations manager of the Dealership, other managers of the service department and currently customer realations employee from the branch. This particular employee would not know the meaning of customer relations. You should read her emails!!!
Holden all you had to do was fix the problem in my car. That's all I wanted. You pretend to fix it but you don't actually fix anything. It seems when the going gets tough you dismiss it totally. It is not just the faulty issues in the car it includes how you will deal with situations when they arise. I even paid an extra nearly $695 for an extended warranty on top of what you offered. I am assuming "GOOD WILL" is typed somewhere in that contract.
The message here is don't buy a HOLDEN especially from what I have gone through and still going through it. Stay tuned more will be revealed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Information to all the customers out there that have purchased this model. Holden had released a bulletin in regards to the same issue that I have been complaining about since November 2017. Holden have always denied a smell ever existed in the air conditioner but yet they were aware of it. This is how pathetic this company is!!!

Best car built by Holden

Best driving experience. 3 modes Tour, Sport and Track. Great performance, great handling and great breaking. Quality finish with lots of extras. Sun roof, leather heated front ‘performance’ seats, an embroidered instrument panel, appropriate decals and badging, a lip spoiler(optional large spoiler), red daylight running lights surrounds, red or black mirror scalps, a unique red-lined wheel treatment, includes a package of driver assistance and infotainment features,a commemorative presentation case, individual vehicle numbering and a unique option code. The Motorsport Edition is codenamed KOM (for King of the Mountain), parking assist, rear camera, remote locking key-less, Ancap rating 5 stars, six air bags etc.

BadgeCommodore Motorsport
Engine Size6.2 Litre LS3
Date PurchasedJul 2017

great all round car. recomended

i drive a vf commodore thru my work as a work car everyday, these vf commodores are a huge improvement over the older models both in comfort, handling, safety and most of all they are very economical. i drive a base model sedan, but its absolutly brilliant. i highly recomend this model for familys. they are also very reasonable cost in servicing. buy a vf, you wont regret it!!

BadgeEvoke