Hoover 18V Pets Plus Handivac CH965

MPN: CH96518V

maxine

maxineWheatbelt, WA

Wouldn't buy again.

Battery lasted exactly 12 months.
Wouldn't ever buy another one. Did everything by the instructions, but didn't help.
Suction is good and tools adequate, but not worth buying becayyse of the battery.

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $149.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Linoleum

MichellePerth, WA

Great handivac ...hold it's charge well ...very powerful and the powerhead picks up pet hair ..very happy

Works well on carpet, mats and all hard surfaces. Very handy for using the powerhead on arm chairs and couches. The attachments can be connected together so you're not bending as much.

Purchased in June 2019 for $149.00.

Battery Life
Product is used: Several times a week
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
ATP

ATPTranmere, SA

The worst battery in any device I've ever owned

While the suction is good, the battery is the worst thing ever, even worse than my first cell phone in the 90s with a thin NiCad battery. I am not talking about how long it run, but how the battery losing its juice just a day after it is charged. I did the long charging when I first got it, but apparently it's pointless.

The accesories are limited and not that useful. One of them broken just weeks after I bought it.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Ladyandthetiger

LadyandthetigerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worked well on pet hair but pet hair brush failed after 6 months.

The pet hair brush attachment works well for lifting cat hair off furniture and carpet. The outside looks on feels like good quality but the inside dust collection system is not very well designed and feels a bit cheap.

Six months on and the pet hair attachment no longer works. Zero customer service from Godfrey’s. Entire unit has been sent back for repair. They can’t even give me a reasonable timeframe for when I will get it back.

I won’t purchase Hoover products or shop at Godfrey’s again.

Purchased in October 2018 at Godfreys.

Product is used: Weekly
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet

loulou121

loulou121Vic, 3810

So much more than I expected!

I bought this just to use in emergency, and for cleaning the car, etc, however, it offers so much more! It has great attachments which turn it into a stick vac which is great for skirting boards, cornices, sliding door tracks, etc. It is actually very powerful, and the power head makes picking up pet hair a breeze! I love the little charging stand which houses all the accessories as well. I'm very happy with it.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Angel

AngelAdelaide

does the job

It sucks ok, its easy to use, for cleaning the car, gets into all the knocks and has a brush that helps move more stubborn hard dirt. . its not that noisy, and has enough charge for a reasonably quick car clean. that's why I got it. You can keep it in the car but charge it first. Good if you have messy kids.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

TVdiary

TVdiaryMelbourne

Powerful Little Vac

This thing is surprisingly potent for a little dustbuster. It's a little bit on the flimsy side but once you hit the 'on' switch, it screams. It is true to its name and good for getting up dog hair - even off our corduroy couch which is a magnet for hair of any kind. My only complaint is the running time has noticeably dropped in the year or so we have had it. Other than that it's good if slightly pricey machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Kris M

Kris MRedlands qld

Perfect!

Light weight, easy to handle. Strong suction. Comes with power head and extension tools. Great for stairs, window sills, cars. Accesses difficult areas that cumbersome vacuum cleaners can’t access. Bag less and easy to clean. My children use it to pick up their spilt popcorn. Perfect for collecting dog hair!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
RaphaelChan

RaphaelChanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Does the job - but design is little to be desired and pricey for its limitations

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Brad T.

Brad T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not too bad

Does the job. Sucks up dust, and dirt. But probably not fine particles like dried soil type of dust. It's got a longer flat pipe for hard tor each places. But it's also got a roller brush which helps pick up more stuffs than the old school ones. Pretty strong for a hand vac already imo. But of course, can't compare it to a real vacuum cleaner. i use it for my car only.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Mim@ Preston Vic

Mim@ Preston Vic

Little Vac for my car

Bought this for my car. Easy to recharge and put in the boot ready for cleaning. The suction isn't so so good but it does the job if the car is vacuumed properly once with a stronger suction vacuum cleaner then just top it up with this little one. Perfect for those little messes, not so good for pet hair though.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

itsKTK

itsKTK

Great for little clean ups

We purchased this because I was pregnant and it was dangerous for me to stand on a chair to clean cobwebs etc

The Hoover has an extension that I used to clean the ceiling and it meant I also didn’t need to bend down after I swept. I was surprised as it is actually quite a powerful vacuum.

It did the job it was purchased for.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Justin taylor

Justin taylor

Awesome suction

Great vacuum,great suction very happy with the purchase.I went to see Wendy at Dandenong and got 20 dollars off retail price,really powerful for such a small little machine,eats up dog hair ,fantastic for the car,the add ons a great for doing the hard bits in the car BUY IT you won't be sorry

Date PurchasedAug 2017

David O

David OGold Coast

HandiVac is Handi by Name & Nature!

Since purchasing the Hoover 18V Pets Plus Handivac at the end of 2016, I've been impressed by its excellent suction (glad to have taken the advice of the sales assistant and upsized from the 12V model) and portability when vacuuming difficult-to-access spots such as our carpeted internal winding staircase. The Handivac is very light to use when moving down the staircase, making it much easier than a conventional vacuum cleaner to reach into the fiddly nooks and crannies on each step. The charging unit is conveniently placed in a central location in the house so that the Handivac is always ready, willing and able to jump into action!

Date PurchasedDec 2016
sacah

sacahSydney, NSW

Great suction, decent battery life