HP OfficeJet Pro 7740

• Ink Cartridge Longevity
  • Reliability
  • Printing Speed

2 printers per set of cartridges

Purchased in June 2019 at Staples.com.au for A$350.00.

Functionality
Ink Cartridge Longevity
Reliability
Printing Speed

If I could have one dollar for all the time it refuses to print

If I could have one dollar for all the time it refuses to print...
I would just like to hammer it and launch out of the window the pieces of the 7740.
I gave 2 stars only because when it decide to work, it works well

ReneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Reliable printer

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Printers

Find out how HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 compares to other Printers

Will not print any specialty paper or envelope

Has no hand feed tray and will not pull in any specialty photo paper/envelopes/or cardstock from the trays. Gets stuck in a "cancelling job" loop. Makes a crazy sound when scanning at times. Customer service is awful. Spent an hour and 1/2 on phone, then was told a senior tech will get back with me. I've contacted threes times and no one has called back yet. Bummer because I like the printing better than Epson, but will have to go back to Epson or try cannon. This is a big waste of time and money. I needed a wide format scanner and printer and was hoping this would be great. But no.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Simple, user friendly and cost effective. Cant rate this highly enough.

The print quality is sufficient for my small business and personal use. We have printed a lot, and have never needed to change the ink cartridges. Printing off the phone is really easy with the user friendly app. I would recommend this to anyone needing flexible A3 and A4 printing capabilities. Well done HP.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
JPB

JPBQuebec, Canada

Trying to get and other model

Prints blank pages, goes off line, jams. Sometimes jumps pages or it prints half one 1 the other half on an other. Completely unreliable. Trying to work things out with HP to get an other model, I lost my trust in this one very costly in time and paper. Wish me luck.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Disapointed !!!!

Print quality - Great, copies well and looks good!
Unfortunately, often it doesn't print with no explanation.....goes 'offline' or pauses to have a think now and again!!
Unreliable and irritating - money back please!

We had a sales rep visit recently - leasing seems a better option now than buying!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Ben

Ben

Has everything I need & more...

Unbelievably easy to print from PC or mobile device from any location. Great print quality & speed, good looks, A3 print capability useful. It's a little large compared to other types & also A3 paper tray doesn't close when loaded with paper. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. I would recommend for the price.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
MICHAEL

MICHAEL

GREAT PRINTER

Quality is good for home use, probably need to go to the next step up for better quality, if needed for presentation/business work.
The printer has never jammed or broken down making it a great home use.
Scanning to laptop is easily done.
Set up was also easy to follow instructions.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Date PurchasedApr 2017
brook

brookENGADINE

printing perfection

a great little printer that has given great service and great satisfaction , the print quality clear and the colours when printing a coloured photo is unsurpassed, bright and vivid with clear definition
a good price for the printer, but as with most printers the ink cartridges are rather expensive
i am very satisfied with all features of the machine, the paper coming through with no jams

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Leon Arundell

Leon ArundellDowner 2602, ACT

Print, copy and scan A3, and fax, from Windows, Mac and Linux

This is my third HP all-in-one printer.
I bought an OfficeJet 6500 so that the Windows, Mac and Linux users in my house could all use it.
I bought an 8600 when my 6500 stopped working, and to get lower printing costs.
The 6500 worked again after I gave the print head a good wash and let it dry.
I bought the 7740 in order to print and scan A3, because it has two paper trays, and to get slightly lower printing costs than the 8600 (which is going to a friend who needs a better printer).
The Linux installation initially wouldn't scan, and wouldn't print A3. Everything works, now that I've installed an updated version of HPLIP (HP Linux Imaging and Printing).

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Ghosty G.asked

I want to print in 260 grm art carton, can this printer can print it?

Ghosty G.

I want to print in art carton 260 gr can this printer do it?

Rene

I doubt it. According to the spec sheet for this model printer the max weight is 180gsm.

Michael W.

Michael W.asked

I need to print a 180 GSM paper cover for reports to clients???

How do I do this successfully with THIS printer??
Some people tell me this is not possible while laughing!!???

PLEASE don't tell me HP have let me down again???

Rene

According to HP's paper handling specifications for this printer, the maximum thickness is 180gsm. At a guess I would place the paper in one of the paper trays as per normal. I suggest going into printer properties, select Printer Preferences and select the appropriate paper type from the list for the particular print job. Hopefully that helps.

Barr

Barrasked

Our printer will not recognise 2 ( Y and BK) after market cartridges but happily uses after market cartridges in C and M. Any ideas? I have tried another cartridge in each.

Rene

It is my understanding that the 7740 uses chip technology that may prevent the use of other than genuine HP ink cartridges. I read some documentation (from HP) that the authentication is that tight that even re-using previously installed HP cartridges may present a problem.

Get an answer from our members and HP representatives

CategoryPrinters