HP OfficeJet Pro 7740

HP OfficeJet Pro 7740

MPN: G5J38A
See the Best Printers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by HP

• Ink Cartridge Longevity
  • Reliability
  • Printing Speed
karl
karlMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

nice printer ,but unreliable (keeps going offline)

Printer is nice when it works, but keeps going offline and it is a big problem to get it working.
Constant issues every few days, repair programs are not always able to fix it.
I spend more time to get it online then what it takes to print.
Totally unreliable.

Purchased in at Officeworks Physical store for $499.

Richard
RichardTasmania

Okay once you get one that works but ink expensive

Purchased in at HP Australia for $350.

Chris
ChrisWimmera, VIC

Poor quality prints and bad customer support.

Poor quality prints. The "set-up cartridges" never printed a single good quality print. Contacted customer support and they just told me to buy a new set of cartridges. Very disappointed with this product and their customer support. I will bring this back to officeworks and never buy another HP product.

Purchased in at Officeworks for $299.

Hard to believe

Plagued with "printer offline" issues since purchase, wifi and usb.

online help apps and sites are garbage.

pretty much a paper weight designed to collect information. Cant believe that after all these years, "printer" manufacturers cant get a simple task like connecting/printing sorted.

Had printer for near on 2 years, problems persist.

Purchased in at Officeworks for $289.

CatherineSouth East Queensland, QLD

No extension tray cover

In the 2021 version of the printer, HP decided to stop supplying the extension tray cover as a cost saving. Videos and photos of the printer clearly show the printer supplied with the cover. Is HP allowed to remove components from their products to make them inferior without notification or changing the model?

Purchased in at Officeworks Physical store for $329.

George  D.
George D.South East Queensland, QLD

Taking the product back to get another printer

Had numerous issues with getting the printer to connect to my laptop and finally got it working only to have numerous issues with getting it to print. Cartridge longevity is also incorrect. Spending hours waiting or fixing printing issues is not part of my business or study plan

Purchased in at Officeworks Physical store for $399.

jrb17South East Queensland, QLD

This printer won't print.

I can't rate it because it won't print. Perhaps this is an excellent printer if you can get it to work. If, like me and many others, you can't get it to work, then you have wasted your money. I suspect HP know there is a problem and therefore won't allow you to speak to a human regarding this. The so called HP agent and the HP program to find and fix problems are useless. HP's own HP Smart program can't find the printer via wireless or USB, but Windows can!

Purchased in at Officeworks for $299.

jrb17

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

2 printers per set of cartridges

Purchased in at Staples.com.au for $350.

Andrew
Andrew

If I could have one dollar for all the time it refuses to print

If I could have one dollar for all the time it refuses to print...
I would just like to hammer it and launch out of the window the pieces of the 7740.
I gave 2 stars only because when it decide to work, it works well

Rene
ReneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Reliable printer

Date Purchased

Will not print any specialty paper or envelope

Has no hand feed tray and will not pull in any specialty photo paper/envelopes/or cardstock from the trays. Gets stuck in a "cancelling job" loop. Makes a crazy sound when scanning at times. Customer service is awful. Spent an hour and 1/2 on phone, then was told a senior tech will get back with me. I've contacted threes times and no one has called back yet. Bummer because I like the printing better than Epson, but will have to go back to Epson or try cannon. This is a big waste of time and money. I needed a wide format scanner and printer and was hoping this would be great. But no.

Date Purchased

Simple, user friendly and cost effective. Cant rate this highly enough.

The print quality is sufficient for my small business and personal use. We have printed a lot, and have never needed to change the ink cartridges. Printing off the phone is really easy with the user friendly app. I would recommend this to anyone needing flexible A3 and A4 printing capabilities. Well done HP.

JPB
JPBQuebec, Canada

Trying to get and other model

Prints blank pages, goes off line, jams. Sometimes jumps pages or it prints half one 1 the other half on an other. Completely unreliable. Trying to work things out with HP to get an other model, I lost my trust in this one very costly in time and paper. Wish me luck.

Disapointed !!!!

Print quality - Great, copies well and looks good!
Unfortunately, often it doesn't print with no explanation.....goes 'offline' or pauses to have a think now and again!!
Unreliable and irritating - money back please!

We had a sales rep visit recently - leasing seems a better option now than buying!

Ben
Ben

Has everything I need & more...

Unbelievably easy to print from PC or mobile device from any location. Great print quality & speed, good looks, A3 print capability useful. It's a little large compared to other types & also A3 paper tray doesn't close when loaded with paper. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase. I would recommend for the price.