Hyundai i30

GD, FD, PD

139 questions from our users

Jan Sasked
i30

I have a 2016 Hyundai i30 which I absolutely love. The paint seal seems to be coming off on the rear door handles and the back of the hatch. Has anyone else had this happen? What can I do about it?

John C.
John C.

I have a 2015 i30 and the clear coat (paint) is coming off the roof

Jan S

Thanks John do you think a cut and polish would fix it? Have you done anything about it or just left it

Deniasked
i30 PD (2017-2021)

Hyundai i30 2018 model,, after car service and upgrading radio and navigation system, it now doesn’t give verbal alerts ,, like red light camera school zone warning road narrows. Why is this happening..

Luiys Reviews

You should check the settings in the navigation system, sometimes the service guys set it to default.

Deni

We have since been told that the new update doesn’t have verbal alerts, anymore which we aren’t pleased with this !!

joe
joeasked

Hi what does the red flashing light above the rev camera gd-02 mean

Kerry
Kerryasked
i30 GD (2012-2016)

The camera cover on my 2015 i30 is jammed in the open position. What causes that to happen?

Samla
Samlaasked
i30

This morning my i30 made the freezing warning sound without the ice light coming up on the dashboard. The sound went on for much longer than it would normally if it was letting me know about temperature and happened about 5 times on a 10 minute journey. Does anybody know why or what it means?

echo
echo

Sorry I'm in Australia

Kim D.
Kim D.asked
i30

My reverse camera doesn’t beep when close to fence or anything,how do I fix that

vicktor
vicktorasked
i30 PD 2.0L Petrol GDi Active (2017-2021)

Why steering power very heavy on new facelift i30 hatch active?

Luiys Reviews

Check your tyre pressure because low tyre pressure can cause heavy steering

Mark K
Mark Kasked
i30 PD (2017-2021)

Can you turn off the speed camera warning notification in a 2021 N line premium I30 please?

Peta Y.asked
i30

Hi, I have a question about my daughters 2011, 1.6ltr, automatic transmission, Hyundai i30, I cant remember if she said its a SLX or an SL.
When the car hits about 90kls there is a whirring noise, and then above 90kls it becomes more high pitched and also sounds like there is a bit of a grinding sound aswell, the noise was not present when she first purchased the car second hand in 2019, but started a few weeks back, to begin with she thought it was just road noise but it is getting worse, the noise is coming from the front of the car ?

ben p.
ben p.

Wheel bearing

Peta Y.

thank you for your answer, hopefully that's all it is as the mechanic seems to think its the transmission

Ian5050
Ian5050asked
i30

I have a I 30 n line premium sedan and there is an alarm that keeps going off when I'm driving on the freeway. After 4 visits to my dealership to try and workout what was causing this. I was finally told it is the speed camera alert system. Now this is the most annoying sound know to man/woman. I want to turn it off BUT no one knows how...... HELP anyone out there that can assist.

cylauleung
cylauleungasked
i30

The service is every 1 year or 6 months ? roughly how much ?

Tony H.
Tony H.asked
i30

Will a replacement radio work if I don’t know the security code or vin number?

Raelene H.
Raelene H.asked
i30 GD (2012-2016)

Car won't start every now and then - a message comes up saying there is no key nearby where in fact there is. We have two keys and seems to start with one but not so well with the other - do they have a battery which perhaps needs to be changed ?

Geoff
Geoff

Most keyless fobs have a small battery. You should be able to hold the suspect key fob up to the start button (as close as possible). The start button creates a small electric field that will enable the fob to respond if it is close enough.

Irvin C.
Irvin C.asked

Good day,

Just want to ask if there is a difference between the body Hyundai i30 PD (2017+) VS Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium (2020) body wise.

Thank you.

Chrissie H.
Chrissie H.asked
i30

Twice now my 2016 i30 active X diesel has not turned off the headlights when the car is stopped and key removed. This time the car was also locked and still they did not turn off. So flat battery!

Daphne
Daphneasked
i30

can you post purchase fit forward parking warning camera

Megan M.
Megan M.asked
i30

Asked dealer to check steering at service as advised by mechanic when getting pink slip. Hyundai service technician said steering fine then I had car accident as lost control if steering. No one is helping me. Injured car written off and I don’t know what to do

eunice
euniceasked
i30

I have a 2013 i30 and the last few weeks my maps with beep and change to the latitude and longitude screen by itself then will go back to the maps again over and over, has this happened to anyone else. Thanks

brizzyguy2000
brizzyguy2000

Try pairing your phone to the car and use Google maps.

Patricia P.asked
i30 PD 2.0L Petrol GDi (2017-2021)

Hi, does anyone know where in the navigation settings I can turn off the “you are exceeding the speed limit” voice. Very loud and distracting and happens when we go from 99 to 100.
Many thanks :)

deus_zeus
deus_zeus

I never found a specific way to do that either - I've turned down the volume entirely on traffic alerts, so I don't hear it at all - I don't need a voice telling me about school zones, cameras, zebra crossings, ice-cream trucks etc etc. It's just annoying. Have a play in the settings, I can't remember where exactly...

Ray W.
Ray W.asked
i30 PD (2017-2021)

We bought a 2019 I30 auto petrol model , it has a surging problem whilst driving. Has anybody have this problem

Patricia P.

We had a problem with our 2011 model delaying when accelerating and then taking off (surging) was going to cost us about 4 grand to fix as it was out of warranty. Suggest to make a note of when it happens and let Hyundai servicing know so it is on record if it becomes more of an issue. Can’t remember what the actual problem was as we traded it in.

Hyundai i30