Hyundai iLoad TQ-V (2008-Present)

Hyundai iLoad TQ-V (2008-Present)

great van but like most people

the van has been fantastic , serviced with synthetic oil every 15000kms for the last 3 months slight whistling from turbo and then it failed . ii have done about 170000kms with no problems i managed to get it home slowly as the turbo feels like it seized , will be fitting aftermarket turbo and will see how it goes fingers crossed. there was no sign the turbo was about to go apart from the whistling (which wasnt very loud ) oh yeah in the time i have owned it, one of the leaf springs cracked , i wouldn't have known apart from the sound it generated from sliding across and touching the body , the rest of the leafs were ok on that side.

Date PurchasedAug 2009

Works well. Petrol model.

Bought new in June 2016. 2.4L Petrol manual. I've now got 22000 KLM's on it. So far it has been a great vehicle. I would have preferred the Auto Diesel but I couldn't justify the cost difference. The calculations showed that I would have broken even on fuel costs by the time the vehicle reaches 200K klm's but this did not include the extra servicing costs that would be incurred. If I buy another one, it will be the Auto Diesel mainly for the driving pleasure and to hell with the rational that I've adhered to all my 50 years of life.One can't take the money with you after all! Goes well enough even towing a 8 x 5 trailer full loaded, even uphill. The gearing is rather quite tall which is great on the highway without a trailer on but with the trailer and a stiff headwind 4th sometimes is better. It will tow at 100K cruising just. It will however perform if you give it plenty of rev's but the fuel consumption will also rise steeply. Getting about 600 K per 70 L tank, without trailer, mainly on the highway. I love the spaciousness of the vehicle especially the cab. After a Mitsubishi Express, where half my shoulder was out the window in order to fit in, the cab on the Hyundai is comfortably wide enough to close the window and run the great A/C system with elbow room to move. Transmission is great with a silky smooth shift. The rear suspension is rather stiff unladen however this van does carry a ton very well.Even 200 kg in the back and it's much better. The revised key fob works a treat overcoming the issues people had before. Rear reversing camera is very much appreciated and a great safety feature. The large tyres and wide stance also give this vehicle great stability. The brakes are powerful enough even fully loaded with a unbraked trailer. The sound system is not very loud and I think the volume diminishes as you crank it up over time possibly due to the amplifier inside protecting itself. I fitted a separate aftermarket stand alone amplifier and some new speakers in the door and it improved it out of sight. The fuel flap release button on a couple of occasions failed to work but there is a emergency release handle in the back which opened it. Perhaps it just needs some grease or there is a loose connection. Anyone with any experience with this and the fix for it please contact me.The seating, power steering, electric windows, electric mirrors,great a/c, airbags, 4 star safety rating, quietness, media system, improved fuel economy compared to Mits Express all combine to make this a great van. I'd also like to give a shout out to Barton's Hyundai Brisbane ,Phill in particular, for their great friendly non pushy service. Not like the stereo typical car salesman, very refreshing indeed. He even picked me up from Brisbane Airport, the car had a full tank of fuel, and genuine floor mats were thrown in for what was a good no trade price and certainly much cheaper, even after airfares and fuel costs, than what my local dealer could do the deal for in Townsville where they have no competition and do resort to using sales "tactics".

Update on fuel door not opening sometimes. The wires that supply power to the actuator are too small. This device use 12 amps directly connected to the battery but only draws 8 amps at the harness. I had a large power wire there already for my amplifier and extra power sockets for camping so I connected a relay to drive the actuator. It now opens very strongly and the intermittent issues should be solved.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Good Van with some problums

I have had this van since 2013 and have 200,000km on it just done the injectors and turbo that cost me $6,000 to fix but considering this van has not had any of the services done on time this is pretty good. biggest fault i have had is the tyres keep scrubbing out and some suspension problems nether one Hyundai would admit to and fix, had found the front wheal Bearing was not fitted properly in the factory (not found by Hyundai even though they had checked the wheal bearing).
If Hyundai would look at complaints properly some bad feelings would be avoided, as this is when we stooped having our van serviced by them as they don't do the job properly anyway.
So to sum this up the biggest problem Hyundai cars have is there service centers, but in saying that we have hade the same problem with Toyota service centers to.

Seats8
Date PurchasedAug 2013

So far so good

Hi great van that drives quite and smooth
My van is diseal auto with 60ks

Always survived with Hyundai and
With no problems nock on wood

I do a of mix of city and country driving
The only thing I would like is curse control but
You really don’t need it as triffic always seems
To make you hit the bracks

I drove a HiAce that was tight and box like feeling
That was petrol and was nice

I drove a transporter a few times and after long drives it I hit out feeling shore and had a head ack
From the amount of sound that come from the back also driving down hills is lound and strange
As the gear box try’s to hold the van in a low gear
That make a large amount of sound and not a smoth drive
It’s a common thing and most drives say that you have to get use to it

And my last advice is let Hyundai service the van
You need the computer updates and they also
Change things that are not listed on the book (seals and pips ) they make them they no
What need to be done that your normal repairer don’t no they should that’s how they make there money and keep there money coming in

Safe driving

Date PurchasedMay 2013

It just does everything it is supposed to and then some

Purchased new in 2011, This vehicle has been just remarkable. 135000k. Serviced regularly. Diesel manual, mainly city driving, all mechanical bits still original. Have had cruise control fitted, done trips Brisbane Adelaide, Brisbane Griffith, Brisbane Sydney. Excellent fuel economy and comfortable. When purchased the dealer stressed to have it service on time an that it would not be a bad idea to change the oil & oil filter between scheduled service. Done that. Now lining up for my 2nd one.

Date PurchasedAug 2011

Front seat issues

Have owned since new seam on front passenger has come apart have changed on warranty once before this is even though no one sits in this seat tradie van.Spoke to Hyundai said would replace again but need vehicle for the day.This very annoying as costing me while not on road

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Terrible, Avoid iload, trash & dodgy company

Got second hand 2011 iload turbo diesel with 167,000km, seemed ok for 1st tank of fuel, got about 600km city driving.
Second tank just randomly died... got towed in to dealership- turbo disintegrated in engine so needed new engine & turbo (they kept it for over 1 month)
Has oil consumption issue & also acceleration issue (no power).
I can tell its not going to last long, had it for about 1.5 years & last few months its had really bad performance.

I think blow-by is to blame... from what I've learned about EGR valves its a wonder that oil catch cans do not come factory standard (built in obsolescence comes to mind) Since its so hard to reach the egr valve & it seems to be extremely important to have cleaned regularly to protect the turbo & also the intake manifold etc- so if they did have catch cans and/or easy access to EGR Hyundai wouldn't get as much profit from new engines etc.

I regret choosing Hyundai, I don't think my business can survive whats just around the corner, don't even feel right selling on to someone else.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Love it

So reliable.234000 klms only battery and brake pads. comfort and reliability.wouldnt mind a rear view camera but have learnt to just back with care.even tow a small caravan with it when not using it as my daily tradies vehicle.i have never owned a better van and one capable of comfortably travelling distance

BadgeI load
Date PurchasedApr 2009

Good van

Ideal van for our business, important to keep the services up to date, I have two diesels and both get serviced every 5,000-7,000 kms so that good oil is always up to the engine, oil is a lot cheaper than a new engine, driven properly, no thrashing, the iLoad will last a long time

Badge3 seater van
Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great van but needs looking after!

Drives like a car and has plenty of grunt, still pulls at 80ks! Really comfy inside not like other vans.
Downside is the common problems these vans are facing. My intercooler ruptured and started sucking oil back through it and sprayed onto the engine. The air flow filter/monitor is just not very good because it didn't pick up the leak. Also and you must stress this to your mechanic the diesel injectors need servicing every 40,000 kms as they have two washers(similar to o rings) that can come lose and then this allows carbon to build up on them. In serious cases the carbon can be sucked into the engine and that means........new engine.

I love my iload van but having seen at least 5 of these this year with its engine pulled out I warn all owners to get full and thorough servicing on their vehicles. Keep her sweet and she'll keep you Sweet!

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Waste of money

I thought it was a great car, I bought the 2009 manual diesel model off a bloke on car sales, it didn’t even last a year before the turbo went and the engine blew, it was going to cost 15-20k to get fixed so I had to get rid of it.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

My pride and joy

Great van,2009 model petrol,bought at 23000 kms now 149000kms not a problem,have turned into a full camper ,pop up roof excellent vehicle would recommend to anyone
Wouldn’t swap it for anything
Currently at repairers after I reversed into a tree ,so respraying back door and bonnet from stone chips ,so I’ll get another 5 years at least
Keep it serviced and it will look after you

Date PurchasedApr 2009

Hyundai iLoad Review

This is my second Hyundai iLoad. I traded my old 5 speed manual petrol for a 6 speed manual diesel.
The reversing camera is a terrific safety feature.
I find the AM radio has less interference and antenna relocated to the rear of the vehicle roof may have something to do with that. Nudge bar, rear bumper with step and cargo barrier are also nice options.
The redesigned key prevents less accidental locking and opening.
Two criticisms are they still don't have cruise control as an option with manual transmission, and fog lights are not an option either. These are not difficult, so why not offer them?

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Lemon of a car

I purchased this vehicle just over 2 years ago and had nothing but problems, I paid $29,000 and have had the brakes done 3 times and continued to have problems with them, the turbo went last year and was replaced under warranty also the butterfly brackets replaced under warranty, one year later the engine has blown up and the turbo with an estimate of $15,000 to repair! no compensation so far from the dealership, I still owe $22,000 and run a small business which is suffering..I have gone to consumer affairs for help.
Don't buy cheap Korean cars always go Japanese.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Improvements needed !!!

Purchased my 2011 van in 2014 after reviewing other makes and paid for Extended Warranty (BEST DECISION EVER !!!).
Purchased the 2011 because of the bluetooth radio/phone due to work commitments. Was really impressed with the performance, space and features. Up until recently, believe the iLoad was my best buy after having a Hiace SBV.
Back end of 2017, the timing chain went (at approx 108,000 kms), which required the entire front end to come off to get access. Now at 114,000 kms the turbo has blown up. Mechanic said it is common for the turbo to go at or around the 100k and suggested to look for something else.
Thank goodness for Extended Warranty!!
Started looking at iLoad reviews and found many people having similar issues.
Taking on the advice of my mechanic. Pity. Still think it could be a great van!

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Hyundai Iload 2011 2.4 petrol

After driving the hiace it is no doubt more comfortable and safer with the bonnet , however the cargo area is very limited in length, the Bluetooth is excellent, don’t go near any hills they get very scared of them , I believe Hyundai have copied the old Toyota hiace SBV model .

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great van, worth the money

Great van to drive. Very powerful engine with great fuel economy. Usually get around 800km from a tank of fuel. Bit hard on the ride but it is a commercial van and is meant to carry load. Excellent warrant with the 5 year or 160,000km warranty. Only ever had to change the turbo intercooler as it had a crack which Hyundai replaced. Overall great for the money you pay.

BadgeH1
Date PurchasedNov 2013

best work van

I bought it for my working, I am carpet cleaner, install the truckmount machines around 300 kg inside the van. The van runs diesel, shows very powerful. It has 3 seats. I can install the baby seat for my son. easy to drive, cheap car service. thank you hyundai to help my bussiness.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Love iload

I both 2010 iload turbo disel, manual.
After 7 years driving and with 210k on odometer ,still driving like new.
No issue at all. Nothing change except regular service; oil,oil filter and filter for pump.
I do change oil every 7k and use quality oil. Diesel use only on caltex petrol station.
very Happy as Trades who Carry every day so much load inside my van.
Only think don't like is seats ' like seating on wood !

Will buy again!

Date PurchasedAug 2010

Great van

I love driving this Van, I have the diesel model and the van is amazing on fuel economy, comfort and to drive is just like driving a car, handles perfectly on the road within the suburbs and the highway, no issues getting up the ranges or overtaking, has good power for a 4 litre van.

Badge00